PDA

View Full Version : If Iverson Came off the bench.

BkOriginalOne
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Honestly, from this point in his career, AI should come off the bench.
He has won multiple scoring titles and needs to get his ring. All AI has left to bring to the table is his scoring and energy. Those are some of the qualities associated with a 6th man.
I understand why he is reluctant to take the role; foolish pride and all, but I think if he did he could break many NBA records.
If he played effective in a 30-33 minute role off the pine, I think AI could average something like:
23ppg, 5apg, 2.0 spg - He could be the Kevin Mchale for many teams.

I can see it now:
6th man of the year, starting the all star game (if in the East)
6th man in the top 10 for MVP voting.
6th man with most ppg average (not sure who holds the record, maybe Vinnie)
Career Redemption.
Title Hopes!

There's has been talk of AI going to the HEAT - Where do you guys think he'd make the best 6th man, here's my list:

1. Miami Heat - Wade is begging for help on the offensive end of the floor. AI could be the first guard off the bench for Pat Riley to contribute in just that way. The best part is, AI can play alongside either Wade or Chalmers, as both of them can shoot and defend. Also, How many teams can match up or stop an AI, Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Haslem Lineup?

2. San Antonio Spurs - I always thought that if it was any team that could fix AI it would be him. The Spurs have been looking for a pure offensive spark off the bench (forcing them to put Ginoboli on the bench). Could AI work here. Parker, Manu, Jefferson, Duncan, Iverson, Mason, Hill, Oberto, Finley, Blair, Udoka - That's a deep as team.

3. Boston Celtics - We all knew this one was coming. IF Allen Iverson came off the pine for the C's it would be unfathomable. Assuming they sign Wallace and Hill, Adding Iverson to their bench lineup could allow KG, Pierce, and Allen to reduce their minutes significantly. Other than pure Backourt defensive lapses, what looks bad about, IVerson, House, G. Hill, Davis, Wallace?

k08E24MVP
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
AI should play D-leauge hoops

Kakaroach
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Hasn't he said he would rather retire than come off the bench or something?

itsripcity32
07-07-2009, 12:07 AM
A.I made it clear that he wouldn't come off the bench.

Ni55anpat
07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
another "hater" iverson thread.

Leave A.I alone, he WILL start and is good enough to start.

asandhu23
07-07-2009, 12:23 AM
send him to warriors. he could give our young guys some lessons for the future

paul pierce
07-07-2009, 12:43 AM
yah but if he went to boston he would have a chance for a ring a be a big role

cubsbullsbears
07-07-2009, 12:49 AM
why are ppl always saying he should come off the bench, ive seen grizzly and bobcat fans sayin that he should come off the bench for their teams..that is a disgrace to one of the best scorers in the nba and should be

JerseysFinest
07-07-2009, 12:52 AM
what team needs like a star pg tht can still produce if given the opportunity?
Miami, New York, Portland, etc.

cubsbullsbears
07-07-2009, 12:53 AM
another "hater" iverson thread.

Leave A.I alone, he WILL start and is good enough to start.

thank you, i agree 100%

kblo247
07-07-2009, 12:59 AM
The AI will start marks are Bulls fans who watched Ben Gordon chuck for the past couple of reasons so I understand their logic

jdricks
07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
He is too good to come off the bench especially when teams dont have better options on the floor. He can still bring it and has the tools to be great just let him start. Manu takes too much punishment to start without getting injured so thats why he is there.

AI can start at either guard position and flourish so he is worthy of a starting spot. Let him play his game and watch your team will play much better.

DetWest54
07-07-2009, 01:06 AM
he wont come off the bench, thats why he hated detroit

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 01:29 AM
AI=Team Killer

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 01:33 AM
He is too good to come off the bench especially when teams dont have better options on the floor. He can still bring it and has the tools to be great just let him start. Manu takes too much punishment to start without getting injured so thats why he is there.

AI can start at either guard position and flourish so he is worthy of a starting spot. Let him play his game and watch your team will play much better.

Yea what happened in Detroit... he killed their team and if you say they weren't letting him play "his game" Denver let him play his game and look where it got them no where. Once he was gone they were title contenders.

mzgrizz
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
why are ppl always saying he should come off the bench, ive seen grizzly and bobcat fans sayin that he should come off the bench for their teams..that is a disgrace to one of the best scorers in the nba and should be

Not from this poster! I want him to come and start for us.

JustBlaze31
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Yea what happened in Detroit... he killed their team and if you say they weren't letting him play "his game" Denver let him play his game and look where it got them no where. Once he was gone they were title contenders.

true, but the Nuggets still lost to the Lakers.

G-Bear
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM

I'm lead to believe that not many teams will succeed with 2 ego-maniac scorers. Billups helped Melo develop and suits his style by wanting to give him the ball Detroit is built on the foundation of D put Iverson on a team which is quick and without a star which is prepared to go through AI then he will make a definite impact although sadly I doubt that any team in contention matches these needs so AI maybe will never get his ring.

The only way I see him winning a ring is sucking up the ego shipping to Boston and matching up with the olds people home over there

OA SLAY
07-07-2009, 09:03 PM
AI should play D-leauge hoops

give yo head a shake...was a idiot statment

WoodbridgeSkins
07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
If Iverson came off the bench......

.....he'd never come to practice.:rimshot:

KaganRS
07-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Iverson is dead to me .... hooey