PDA

View Full Version : 2010 news: wade will stay if heat promise to contend

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade's future with the Miami Heat hinges entirely around the team returning to NBA title contention.

The reigning NBA scoring champion, who can opt out of his Heat deal after the coming season, said Monday that simply getting to the playoffs "is not enough" to satisfy him.

Wade's contract status is the biggest issue facing the Heat this summer. He could sign an extension as early as next week, but before committing Wade wants assurance that Miami is taking steps to get back to the level that brought a championship three seasons ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4309337

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
If they get Boozer he will stay.

Hustla23
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
If the heat promise to contend?

So Pat Riley, just go ahead and promise D-Wade that you guys will contend.

Problem solved :)

still1ballin
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, bye bye Dwade....while the east are making big splashes in FA, the Heat haven't done a damn thing. HAHAHA

k08E24MVP
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
bye wade.. see you in chicago

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
if not the heat where do yall think d-wade will go???

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 03:59 PM
if not the heat where do yall think d-wade will go???

in order:
where ever lebron is
chi
nj
ny

GREATNESS ONE
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Wade is goin to make a team alot better next year. Excellent wing player

still1ballin
chicago

GREATNESS ONE
in order:
where ever lebron is
ci
nj
ny

That would be Insane

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
chicago

i think chi would be a top choice of his to,but it doesnt make sense if he wants to leave mia to go to chi as they are pretty similar(playoff team,but no contention)

rick66ankiel24
07-06-2009, 04:04 PM
in order:
where ever lebron is
chi
nj
ny

first of all if lebron leaves the cavs it will be to nj or ny so those 3 are basically the same, and second wade won go to nj or ny if lebrons not there b/c he wants to WIN, thats why he'd leave miami.. so he isnt leaving to go to some other even ******* team

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 04:08 PM
first of all if lebron leaves the cavs it will be to nj or ny so those 3 are basically the same, and second wade won go to nj or ny if lebrons not there b/c he wants to WIN, thats why he'd leave miami.. so he isnt leaving to go to some other even ******* team

nj has a great young core

harris,wade,lopez,lee+money to spend-how is that not a winner going forward?

as for ny i agree they suck and he wouldnt turn it around by himself but i believe one of the 2010 guys will end up there,nyc has a lure to it

what54!?
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I find it funny how people are already writing us off.

The ChILL
07-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Come back home to Chicago...

D-Rose and D-Wade the backcourt of Chicago from Chicago...

S-Dot
07-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Give Mike Beasley a few more touches; the team will contend a little more

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 04:13 PM

i'm not.i actually expect him to stay

Brian35
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Bye bye wade............come to toronto............

what54!?
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Give Mike Beasley a few more touches; the team will contend a little morestart him and we're already better

S-Dot
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
start him and we're already better

I agree 100% either at SF or PF; does the coach not like him or were there other issues?

what54!?
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree 100% either at SF or PF; does the coach not like him or were there other issues?he got benched before because of his defense and because we needed more size in our starting 5. Our coach made him earn his mins last season. A lot of heat fans wanted him to start later on in the season when his defense was better but whatever. This off-season he's been working on skills to play SF so it looks like he'll start there next season.

mikantsass
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Did i hear Wade to Boston in 2010??????????

MiamiHeat
07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Wade is staying in MIA
he's just putting pressure on Riley

Pierzynski4Prez

Nope, you didn't hear that.

S-Dot

not until you said it

what54!?
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Did i hear Wade to Boston in 2010??????????to play with a old *** KG and PP. he could do better

marlinsfan24
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM

No you didn't. No one has heard this

LayZbone
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/1128695.html

"One thing I've come to realize here in Miami is never count out Pat Riley. You never know what he can cook up in the lab. We're going to be patient. I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to let him do his job and I'll do my job.''

Riley had said that any major moves made this season would have to be accompanied by a commitment from Wade to sign an extension. Wade countered Riley's comments by suggesting that the team should take a more aggressive approach this summer and not use his contract situation as a reason for delaying roster upgrades.

''We had that back and forth that one time,'' Wade said of last month's exchange with Riley through separate media interviews. ``He said what he wanted and I said what I wanted. You can respect that from both sides. I want to win and he wants to win. He wants me to be here to win, and I want to make sure we have some very talented players along with the ones we have here.''

Wade said he looks forward to resolving the process and that ''the right person comes along'' to help him get Miami into title contention.

The Heat has been exploring sign-and-trade options and also has contacted several top free agents, including former league MVP and scoring champion Allen Iverson. The interest with Iverson appears to be mutual, but both sides are keeping their options open.

''With AI, you look at a guy who is one of the best guys to ever put on an NBA jersey,'' Wade said. ``A guy who can still score in the right offense, the right flow. So you can never turn your nose up at a guy like Allen Iverson. I hear a lot of people that love and want to come to Miami, but it hasn't happened yet.''

It's really simple guys.....Wade wants Riley to make moves, Riley wants Wade in Miami forever....so Riley will make moves and ensure that Wade stays with the Heat for a long time.

Take it easy Bulls fans. "bye bye wade, see you in chicago". Don't cream your pants just yet. Pat Riley is NOT an idiot. If he doesn't acknowledge Wade's concern, and do something about it, he could very well lose him in 2010.....but again, Riley would have to be ******** to dismiss the concerns of his star player.

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I expect Wade to resign. Riley will make sure of that, he probably make some moves by the trade deadline. Wade and Beasley will be a great duo. The development of Chalmers and Cook and JO working this off season to get back to all star form will probably be enough to make it to the second round of the playoffs this up and coming season.

You guys have to remember that Miami has the most cap space going into the summer of 2010. They will be able to resign Wade and sign either Bosh or Amare and there will still be enough to sign some key reserves.

I think Wade stays, but if something happens he probably go back home to Chicago. He won't go to New York or New Jersey he already shut down those ideas down.

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Wade is staying in MIA
he's just putting pressure on Riley

Yea, he just wants him to make some moves and fast track the rebuilding process.

Bruno
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Wade should sign with the Thunder!

Westbrook
Dwade
Durant
J. Green

It would also be sweet to see him in Chicago or Ny.

LayZbone
07-06-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/1129788.html

"I've told coach Riley this: All my life, all I've ever wanted to do is win and be put in a position where I can win and succeed," Wade said. "Build me a team. Put the pressure on me to win a championship. Give me a team and say 'All right, you've got to go do it,' and I'll take that pressure. Give me guys that we feel can compete every year to win a championship. I don't want to go anywhere else."

Your move Riles.

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Westbrook
Dwade
Durant
J. Green

He's not going to any of those places other than Chicago or resigning with Miami.

Caution1011
07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Wade is going no where. We are going to make moves, Wade is getting a little in patient but its all good. We will be a contender soon

S-Dot
07-06-2009, 04:46 PM

Westbrook
Dwade
Durant
J. Green

He's not leaving Miami to go to oklahoma, no offense

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, bye bye Dwade....while the east are making big splashes in FA, the Heat haven't done a damn thing. HAHAHA

they havent made no moves because they are waiting for 2010. people should know this by now

dtmagnet
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I think he stays in Miami, but then I'm the kind of person who thinks most of the big FA's (Bron Bosh etc) will stay where they currently are.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
I doubt Pat Riley will lose dwyane wade to any team, pat knows what he's doing and i trust him enough to guarantee that he keeps wade here forever. Pat Riley thinks wade is the best player in the world and to think he won't satisfy wade enough for him to stay here is dumb.

The Ooh Child
07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
If the heat promise to contend?

So Pat Riley, just go ahead and promise D-Wade that you guys will contend.

Problem solved :)

I'm not sure if it will be that easy. I think some sort of pinky swear will need to be involved

Derick713
07-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Seems Riles is in a bit of a bind. Make moves now or make them in 2010 without me. D-Wade mentioned teams not being patient and going for it now.

Seems as if Boozer is on the market. It seems as tough he's rumored to be going to either the Bulls or Pistons.

The Heat need a CENTER AND ANOTHER OPTION NEXT TO WADE! THE HEAT MIGHT HAVE TO USE IT'S MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION AND TRY AND GET MARION. IT LOOKS LIKE TEAMS WITH CAP SPACE WON'T GO AFTER MARION. IF THAT BECOMES THE CASE THEN MARION CAN BE HAD FOR THE MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION.

Mario Chalmers/Patrick Beverley/
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
James Jones/James Posey
Jermaine O'Neal/Michael Beasley/
Tyson Chandler/Robert Dozier/

HEAT GET-
Tyson Chandler
James Posey

Hornets Get-
Mark Blount
Udonis Haslem
Dorel Wright

ANOTHER TRADE-

HEAT GET-
Carlos Boozer

JAZZ GET-
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
2010 First Round Pick

Another Trade-

HEAT GET-
Brad Miller or Jerome James
Kirk Hinrich

BULLS GET-
Jermaine O'Neal

aman_13
07-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I think he stays in Miami, but then I'm the kind of person who thinks most of the big FA's (Bron Bosh etc) will stay where they currently are.

I'm thinking the same thing.

goku
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
wade leaves mami in 2010 riley only will make moves if wade sign a contract and wade will sign a contract when they are contenders mami have not done **** so far and everbody else is getting better they barely made it last year how will they make it this year wade cant play any better than he did last year

MadeInDade3589
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking the same thing.

Me to especially with Toronto possibly signining Turkoglu and if they re-sign Marion then most likely you could kiss 2010 goodbye Bosh would have been a good fit in Miami but he might decide to stick Toronto who knows only time will tell

NYtilIdie
07-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Really I don't think the Heat will be in title contention any time soon. J.O. hope he does well, but he isn't that dominant player he use to be and if they get A.I. that won't work either cause A.I is a scorer and will score if he gets the ball which will be a problem with Wade since he is the main guy.

So all Heat fans can do is pray Beasley has a 25 ppg season this year or get Boozer.

MadeInDade3589
07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe Wade will not opt out maybe he will actually wait in 2010 and see if they sign a big name and remember if he doesnt opt out Miami will have an extra 3 or so million in cap space because he is scheduled to make 17 in 10-11 if he doenst opt out if he resigns hes gonna make at least 20 that season maybe Riles and Wade agree to a little compromise but yet again only time will tell

northsider
07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Ohh man I would love to have Wade in Chicago he might be my fav. non bull after Kobe.

Beno7500
07-06-2009, 06:23 PM
sac welcomes you

BkOriginalOne
07-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Wade has to return to Chi town it's his destiny.
Him Rose and that young cast of players.

nolin
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
bye oneal and beasley.

FaceDown91
07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Come to atlanta wade!

Shahrose
07-06-2009, 06:50 PM
i hope he opts out and comes to Chicago :D

jetsfan718
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
NY, greatest city in world hahahahahaha. but seriously i dont think hes goin anywhere if he does its chi ny

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Not sure if Wade has seriously thought this through.

If all of the superstar 2010 free agents were somehow able to join the same team, would they be a guaranteed contender for the championship? Or would they still have existing competition that would put title hopes in doubt? I wonder...

kswissdaf
07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
For all you Chi town *****es stop saying back home to chicago he is from robbins

dee279
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Smh

dee279
07-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Seems Riles is in a bit of a bind. Make moves now or make them in 2010 without me. D-Wade mentioned teams not being patient and going for it now.

Seems as if Boozer is on the market. It seems as tough he's rumored to be going to either the Bulls or Pistons.

The Heat need a CENTER AND ANOTHER OPTION NEXT TO WADE! THE HEAT MIGHT HAVE TO USE IT'S MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION AND TRY AND GET MARION. IT LOOKS LIKE TEAMS WITH CAP SPACE WON'T GO AFTER MARION. IF THAT BECOMES THE CASE THEN MARION CAN BE HAD FOR THE MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION.

Mario Chalmers/Patrick Beverley/
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
James Jones/James Posey
Jermaine O'Neal/Michael Beasley/
Tyson Chandler/Robert Dozier/

HEAT GET-
Tyson Chandler
James Posey

Hornets Get-
Mark Blount
Udonis Haslem
Dorel Wright

ANOTHER TRADE-

HEAT GET-
Carlos Boozer

JAZZ GET-
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
2010 First Round Pick

Another Trade-

HEAT GET-
Brad Miller or Jerome James
Kirk Hinrich

BULLS GET-
Jermaine O'Neal

Hell no!!! That makes us worse.

theuuord
07-06-2009, 07:26 PM
wow, his words got massively twisted.

still1ballin
07-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey Wade come to the Lakers and compete for a ring. Morrison and Mbenga for Wade! LOL

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-06-2009, 07:39 PM
lol its funny how people say the knicks suck

....We better do something to shut them up.

still1ballin
07-06-2009, 07:43 PM
lol its funny how people say the knicks suck....We better do something to shut them up.

its because its true

JNaqvi23
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
For all you Chi town *****es stop saying back home to chicago he is from robbins

He went to Oak Park High School which is in the Chicago Burbs

And also i think Wade will end up in Chicago IF he doesnt resign...but most likely he will resign the only people moving in 2010 will be Bosh and Amare...unless Lebron loses this year then he will enter FA in 2010 as well

Jonathan2323
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
i doubt Wade leaves. if we had no cap space then i would say he would leave. The Miami Heat have the most or one of the most cap space to bring a superstar to play with D WADE.

PapelbonLester
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I wanna see Lebron to NJ/Wade to Chi/Bosh to NY. i could see all of that happening too

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I wanna see Lebron to NJ/Wade to Chi/Bosh to NY. i could see all of that happening too

Too bad that's not going to happen.

Lebron stays in Cleveland. Wade stays in Miami. Possibly Bosh goes to NY, but he wants to play for a contender. I can see him going to Miami to play with D-wade.

GodsSon
07-06-2009, 08:42 PM

the same way Heat fans write off toronto with retaining Bosh...how does it feel to have the role reversed? lol....with that said, Wade would look damn good as the Raptors starting 2 to start the 2010 season, especially with a re-inked Bosh at the 4 :D...add in Calderon, Bargs and now Turk, that looks like a much more appealing situation then what Miami currently has

JaySmoke
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
i doubt Wade leaves. if we had no cap space then i would say he would leave. The Miami Heat have the most or one of the most cap space to bring a superstar to play with D WADE.

OMG... everyone keeps sayinng this.. he knows.. HE DOESNT WANT TO WAIT till next year... he wants it now.. how many subliminal messages does he need to make for ppl to understand NOW not 2010

Raps18-19 Champ
07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't think they'll contend but I still see him staying.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

You do have Jermaine O'neal on your team. He sucked for us and he'll suck for you guys.

fairandbalanced
07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Wade's dream is to play for Chicago since he was a little boy.....I think Miami just doesn't fit his personalty, I am pretty 98% sure he'll be in Chicago when he get the chance.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Wade's dream is to play for Chicago since he was a little boy.....I think Miami just doesn't fit his personalty, I am pretty 98% sure he'll be in Chicago when he get the chance.

:pity:

Silent
07-06-2009, 11:57 PM
:pity:

2 bad he's right wade wants to play for his hometeam drose and wade thats gonna be a nice back court:D

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-07-2009, 01:39 AM
wade leaves mami in 2010 riley only will make moves if wade sign a contract and wade will sign a contract when they are contenders mami have not done **** so far and everbody else is getting better they barely made it last year how will they make it this year wade cant play any better than he did last year

:confused::confused::confused:

The period key is in the lower right corner of your keyboard

zsiddiqui23
07-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Damn, I'd love to see Wade in a Chicago uniform (number 23 perhaps?? ;) )

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-07-2009, 01:43 AM
lol its funny how people say the knicks suck

....We better do something to shut them up.

The truth hurts bud. And the knicks are shutting anyone up in the next decade

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-07-2009, 01:46 AM
the same way Heat fans write off toronto with retaining Bosh...how does it feel to have the role reversed? lol....with that said, Wade would look damn good as the Raptors starting 2 to start the 2010 season, especially with a re-inked Bosh at the 4 :D...add in Calderon, Bargs and now Turk, that looks like a much more appealing situation then what Miami currently has

I think its more likely bosh coming to miami then wade going to toronto.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-07-2009, 01:50 AM

LMAO your acting like you know wade personally. How the hell do you know his personality doesn't fit in miami?

And btw wade did say in his interview that he would hate to leave "the beautiful palm trees and the water"

b_rad23
07-07-2009, 02:09 AM

OR...

Mario
Wade
Beasley
Bosh
JO

more cap, and your 1st round pick that year

would be as good or better of a situation don't you think? Especially defensively.

desertlakeshow
07-07-2009, 02:13 AM
If he has to go to a contender then it is limited to a few teams.

LA
Boston
Orlando
Spurs
Cavs

Am I missing any contenders?

If I am sorry.

As for the lakers, he would make a fine back up to KB.

sNaKeS
07-07-2009, 02:23 AM
LMAO your acting like you know wade personally. How the hell do you know his personality doesn't fit in miami?

And btw wade did say in his interview that he would hate to leave "the beautiful palm trees and the water"

Orlando is only a couple miles up the road.......
D-Wade + D12 = Shaq and Kobe V.2

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Translation......I am out of here!

LakersIn5
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
so i guess wade will be leaving.... heat wont contend this season... they will make the 2nd round at best

SwaggaIke
07-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I can't wait till this 2010 **** is over, Wade or no Wade...i'm sick of hearing all the speculation. If Riley puts a team around Wade, there is no other place he'd rather play than Miami. If Riley ****s up, he'll be in Chicago and we'll recover after a handful of ****** seasons.

J_M_B
07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Toronto? :laugh: There is 0.00% chance he goes there.

It really annoys me when other team's fans talk about getting a superstar from another team.:mad:

I want Wade to resign with the Heat just so the Chicago and New York fans can shut up about him going there.

J_M_B
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Orlando is only a couple miles up the road.......
D-Wade + D12 = Shaq and Kobe V.2

Orlando is way different than South Beach. It actually gets cold in Orlando lol, but not in Miami lol

Miami the city>Orlando the city

fairandbalanced
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM

He's rich enough to visit the beautiful palm trees and the water whenever he wants.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Toronto? :laugh: There is 0.00% chance he goes there.

It really annoys me when other team's fans talk about getting a superstar from another team.:mad:

I want Wade to resign with the Heat just so the Chicago and New York fans can shut up about him going there.

:clap: Me too.

I don't know why NY fans think Wade can go their, he's clearly stated NY will not be an option in 2010.

Yanks All Day
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
If he has to go to a contender then it is limited to a few teams.

LA
Boston
Orlando
Spurs
Cavs

Am I missing any contenders?

If I am sorry.

As for the lakers, he would make a fine back up to KB.

I almost agree completely with this. I don't think Wade would ever go to LA to play backup to Kobe, though. If he only wants to go to a contender, these teams seem like the only ones that are going to give him a legitimate shot in the next few years. In the end I think he is going to be loyal to the Heat though and stay in Miami. Same with LeBron in Cleveland.

NYYankeesWin#27
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
:clap: Me too.

I don't know why NY fans think Wade can go their, he's clearly stated NY will not be an option in 2010.

plz show me a quote where he says this. dont say something tht u think, but i want proof.