PDA

View Full Version : Boozer could be traded to Bulls.

SkyFlyHawk
07-06-2009, 03:45 PM
It has been discussed that Utah could trade Carlos Boozer for Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James.

Source: http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=104

IversonIsKrazy
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
YESSS! That would be an amazing deal for Bulls!!
Could u imagine...

PG: Rose/Hinrich
SG: Salmons/FA Signing
SF: Deng/James
PF: Boozer/Gibson
C: Noah/Miller

SaimoNETS
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Dammmnnnn.

i want him on the Nets so badly.

JWO35
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Detroit Pistons!!?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Pistons-Jazz-still-talking-about-Boozer-for-Hami?urn=nba,174897

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
YESSS! That would be an amazing deal for Bulls!!
Could u imagine...

PG: Rose/Hinrich
SG: Salmons/FA Signing
SF: Deng/James
PF: Boozer/Gibson
C: Noah/Miller

What's the wait for? I wonder if we could beat Cleveland, Orlando and Boston in the playoffs with that lineup?

zambo4president
07-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Detroit Pistons!!?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Pistons-Jazz-still-talking-about-Boozer-for-Hami?urn=nba,174897

No surely the Jazz would prefer Tyrus Thomas :pray:

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
:pray:

zambo4president
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
What's the wait for? I wonder if we could beat Cleveland, Orlando and Boston in the playoffs with that lineup?

We would beat Boston, maybe Cleveland, Orlando would be a battle.

Rylz
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Please...no...

still1ballin
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM

If the team can stay healthy, I can see them being a real threat to the top 3 teams in the east.

S-Dot
07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Great possible trade, definitely locks Bulls at the #4 spot @ least

mikantsass
hahah this is funny. I've been a member at PSD for about 2 months and so far there has been threads about the Bulls trading for:

Amare
Wade
Bosh
Kobe
LeBron
Shaq
And now Boozer!!!!

Keep dreaming Bulls fans.

GREATNESS ONE
No way do I see them fighting teams in the east. Chicago should just stay patient 1 more year and then go shopping.

JWO35
No surely the Jazz would prefer Tyrus Thomas :pray:

But with the Hamilton-Boozer deal, it will give them a little more money to resign Paul Milsap :clap:

Trouble87
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Boozer for Thomas and Jerome James just doesnt seem fair

I see this working out for the Bulls in the long run

BigDaddyKaine
07-06-2009, 04:15 PM

uhh no

BigDaddyKaine
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Boozer for Thomas and Jerome James just doesnt seem fair

I see this working out for the Bulls in the long run

yea the Jazz get raped in this deal... If this deal happens it will mean one thing for sure and that is that the Jazz are going to sign Paul Millsap

The ChILL
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Would the Bulls have to sign Boozer to an extension? If so what would that leave us with for capspace for 2010?

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Would the Bulls have to sign Boozer to an extension? If so what would that leave us with for capspace for 2010?
no they wouldnt,and it would leave them with enough for one of those guys..maybe

THE_FLASH_21
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Boozer will bring more the Tyrus.. The boy can ball but we need alittle more...

Rip to Utah will be better. We can probably resign Milsap and Have true scorer in RIP.. Utah needs to make a move that will make us better not worse... I'm for the DET trade.

Steve Kerr
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
This would be an improvement but still not enough to put is into title contention. This seems like an odd move with the Bulls decision to become more defensive minded this season. Boozer plays absolutely no defense and with Taj Gibson backing him up we still would be left without someone who can guard the bigger power forwards in this league.

The ChILL
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I am not opposed to the trade I would just prefer that he plays out the 1 year player option and we go from there. I have my heart set on LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh and Amare before Boozer...

Kyben36
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM

If Deng can return to form, Salmons plays like Last year, and Noah has bulked up, we would definitly have a chance, remember, we have one of the best benches in the league with 2 sratring caliber players on it. ( That Being Hinrich and Miller, and also the New guy in Johnson, Im not sure why we dont trade Tim Thomas though, didnt he piss us off again.

Evolution=FACT
07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Boozer, if healthy, is better than bosh and amare in my opinion.

But he is SOOO injury prone....:sigh:

Lo Porto
07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
It has been discussed that Utah could trade Carlos Boozer for Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James.

Source: http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=104

If this were to happen without Chicago including serious future draft picks and cash, Utah GM O'Connor should be fired immediately.

BkOriginalOne
07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
It only makes them a second round team in the east. 5th or 6th seed, maybe.
They still wouldn't have enough Offense to win games.

masalex1205
07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Boozer, if healthy, is better than bosh and amare in my opinion.

But he is SOOO injury prone....:sigh:

you're going to get flamed for this but I agree w/ you. Boozer is a beast when he is healthy and plays better D than Amare (isn't saying much)

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Boozer to nets for Yi , Hassel , Alston and garunteed resigning.... That would be the day

ecorrea
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
LOL no offence bro but that lineup isnt that good at all lol. The problem with that article is that HOW IN THE **** COULD THE BULLS SIGN AND TRADE GORDON WHEN THE PISTONS ALREADY SIGNED HIM LOL WHOEVER THAT COLUMNIST IS, IS A F*CKING IDIOT. DUMARS IS NOT AN IDIOT HE KNEW THAT IT WOULD TAKE MORE MONEY TO SIGN GORDON TO A SIGN AND TRADE. JUST CHALK THIS UP AS ANOTHER PISTON FRONT OFFICE BEAT DOWN OVER THE BULLS (DRIVING UP THE BEN WALLACE PRICE SPENDING 60MIL ON A DUDE THAT CANT EVEN SHOOT FREE THROWS LOL) CHICAGO MINUS MICHAEL JORDAN EQUALS A JOKE.

hater hate on. that lineup isnt that good at all? id say its pretty decent, not saying it would win a championship, but jeez man relax, its a solid lineup.

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
and i could put his face where the nets sign is in my sig lmfao

nrvana
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
it'd be a decent trade for the jazz. millsap is younger, tougher and cheaper.

tyrus was a beast in the celtics series and was knocking down mid range jumpers with regularity. i think his basketball skills are finally catching up to his athleticism.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
it'd be a decent trade for the jazz. millsap is younger, tougher and cheaper.

tyrus was a beast in the celtics series and was knocking down mid range jumpers with regularity. i think his basketball skills are finally catching up to his athleticism.

Except he sat out the entire 4th quarter of every game of that series.

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
if this doesnt affect the 2010 cap space for the bulls then im all for it. cause id rather have a bosh or amare over boozer, not saying we are going to get them, but you know what i mean. boozer is kind of inconsistent and always injured it seems. for one year yeah i would love this.

KnicksorBust
Would be a Great move for the bulls. Don't know if it puts them into the elite but it keeps them relevant.

Bruno
I want to see Chicago contend but Boozers health is a serious issue (as I found out during last years fantasy season). He is solid, but big power-forwards exploit him on defense. Think about the contenders, Garnet, Gasol, Duncan, all plus size PF's who exploit his height. I want Chicago to get a big, just a bigger "big", and one whos less injury prone.

ngeloh
07-06-2009, 04:51 PM
LOL no offence bro but that lineup isnt that good at all lol. The problem with that article is that HOW IN THE **** COULD THE BULLS SIGN AND TRADE GORDON WHEN THE PISTONS ALREADY SIGNED HIM LOL WHOEVER THAT COLUMNIST IS, IS A F*CKING IDIOT. DUMARS IS NOT AN IDIOT HE KNEW THAT IT WOULD TAKE MORE MONEY TO SIGN GORDON TO A SIGN AND TRADE. JUST CHALK THIS UP AS ANOTHER PISTON FRONT OFFICE BEAT DOWN OVER THE BULLS (DRIVING UP THE BEN WALLACE PRICE SPENDING 60MIL ON A DUDE THAT CANT EVEN SHOOT FREE THROWS LOL) CHICAGO MINUS MICHAEL JORDAN EQUALS A JOKE.

You do know that no one is officially signed until July 8th, right? All these "signings" are just agreements to sign, which could make a sign and trade a possibility. But I doubt it would happen. I would also hardly call it a "beat down" as the Bulls didn't even make an offer to Ben Gordon and probably were expecting to let him walk.

Lo Porto
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Tyrus is off the bench the rest of his career but Booz is a top 5-10 PF. With Boozer, Chicago would have a shot at the East Finals. Since the Bulls have Salmons, they should trade Deng for Booz and get it done. If Boozer just walks after one year, then the Bulls will have even more money to use in 2010. They could get 2 elite free agents.

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tyrus is off the bench the rest of his career but Booz is a top 5-10 PF. With Boozer, Chicago would have a shot at the East Finals. Since the Bulls have Salmons, they should trade Deng for Booz and get it done. If Boozer just walks after one year, then the Bulls will have even more money to use in 2010. They could get 2 elite free agents.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp

If we traded Deng then we would be at less than $25 million in 2010 with a chance to get Wade and Bosh.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
If the team can stay healthy, I can see them being a real threat to the top 3 teams in the east.

ben gordon was the threat. he's gone. boozer would be a non factor having to guard lewis at the 3pt line ,leaving noah one on one with dwight. and is salmons really gonna cover vince?

dtmagnet
07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bulls.jsp

If we traded Deng then we would be at less than $25 million in 2010 with a chance to get Wade and Bosh.

No one wants Deng.

BULLSFAN0810
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM

First OFF Ben Wallace wasnt a Bad trade really , we traded a injury prone Guy in Tyson Chandler , for a Guy that we could Market to the ppl of CHICAGO . he wasnt the best player by far , but his toughness was the same as Tyson , and he nearly scored the same amount of points ... and to top it off he became a better Ft shooter in CHICAGO , which wasnt much to brag on ... We had to LET BG GO .. it was the plan all along , ppl didnt see he wasnt being marketed to sell tickets , he was undersized a 1 tool player . So to be honest DETROIT is in REAL TROUBLE with STUCKY & BG handling the ball we used him for as long as we needed him , and now its time for Rose to step it up ... thats why we let him walk , to free up the Ball . shooters are a dime a dozen esp if they dont play defense .

jim51990
07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
bad trade for utah TT is pretty horrible

DLeeicious
07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
ben gordon was the threat. he's gone. boozer would be a non factor having to guard lewis at the 3pt line ,leaving noah one on one with dwight. and is salmons really gonna cover vince?

Absolutely.

WatWoudJordanDo
07-06-2009, 05:33 PM

pretty sure if salmons/hinrich can disrupt allen/pierce the way they did, they can do the same to VC

NJrockPD
07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
hahah this is funny. I've been a member at PSD for about 2 months and so far there has been threads about the Bulls trading for:

Amare
Wade
Bosh
Kobe
LeBron
Shaq
And now Boozer!!!!

Keep dreaming Bulls fans.

There have not been threads about the Bulls trading for LeBron Kobe or Wade. LeBron and Wade are top choices for free agency next year but nothing about trades. Your like two years late on Kobe trade rumors.

nolin
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM

easy answer No. I would do it only if we could sign boozer to an extention for about 13 mil a year anything over forget it, we might as well keep tyrus.

RapssRULzzz16
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
boozer to detroit sounds more reasonable for both teams. Detroit get's rid of hamilton now that they signed gordon, and utah with more money to resign millsap(i think).

nolin
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM

utah is trying to cut cap. i dont think they would want deng and his contract.

sbarto
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
get us boozer please we need him!!!!

MPScribbles
07-06-2009, 06:20 PM

All-around idiotic post. Not that good of a lineup? Ok, lets run it down by scouting report instead of names:
PG- Undisputed Future Stud
SG- Poor man's Paul Pierce w/ better shooting
SF- Good off-the-ball scorer who can rebound
PF- All-Star big
C- Hustle man that can get lots of rebounds and defend
6th- Starting quality combo guard
7th- Starting quality big man
8th- Versatile, offensive minded rookie forward
9th- High energy, defensive minded rookie forward

May not be ready to win a championship right now but I'd take it over what Detroit has going on any damn day.

PG- Shoot-first combo guard w/ no 3
SG- Undersized, shoot-first and second guard w/ good 3 but absolutely no defense
SF- Very good defender w/ little offense
PF- Oversized SF who apparently hates to rebound or play like a man who is 6'11"
C- Kwame? is he still in the league?

BTW- signings don't start til July 8th LOL:rolleyes:

op12
07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
would help the bulls but still think they need more to beat the 3 top teams in the east. rose will really need to be a straight up top 5-10 player for that to be a championship team.

JerseysFinest
07-06-2009, 06:50 PM
i want boozer in jersey too

dre1990
07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Detroit Pistons!!?

f that happens, we have to do something about Charlie V

Blah Blah Blah
07-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Dunno y ppl keep bringin up Hamilton wud be better for utah...Utah is trying to CUT SALARY CAP so getting hamilton and his 3 years $34millions dollars is not CUTTING SALARY CAP to resign milsap. Its ridiculous. But the bulls do have TT and James to cut costs for utah esp. since TT makes less than $7 million in each of the two seasons left and if they don't like him they can just let him walk. Jame's contract will be up after this year also. don't kno wuts up with the insurance thing but whatever. Boozer wud b a great one year rental if they bulls don't want him after but maybe we can get him and get joe johnson maybe....dunno. I agree about deng, i doubt utah wants him cuz he has too many years and too much money left on his deal.

jollyoscars
07-06-2009, 07:06 PM

well it would be a HELL of a lot better than the lineup detroit would be fielding this season. have fun getting 5th place in the east if we get boozer for that price ya fool

smith&wesson
07-06-2009, 07:25 PM
thats a real ugly trade for the jazz. why would they do that ?
i dont really like boozer, but he would be a good fit on chicago. I still think amare would be crazy on chicago, but theres somthing wrong with that guys brain. why he wouldnt want to play with rose, beats the hell out of me. but im nota bulls fan so it dont bother me. but amare would really help the bulls. boozers aight but he is injury prone...
and again can some one tell my why utah would do this ? boozer for tt and james is a steal and a half.

JNaqvi23
07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I would do it but not sign Boozer to the ext. Def. isnt a good trade for the Jazz though

jimbobjarree
07-06-2009, 08:24 PM
we've already found a better deal in the Rip one though, it says we're talking to a load of teams, and I really dont think it would be too hard to beat that pile of crap. Who knows though, I dont want this to happen, but good luck

I think a year rental of Booz is better than what we get

jimbobjarree
07-06-2009, 08:26 PM
i want boozer in jersey too

all that Jersey are willing to offer is expiring contracts..and thats what Booz is, I doubt you get him

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
haha bad trade for utah imo

jimbobjarree
07-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd prefer Deng. Would give us a defensive wing who can shoot and still young (also a fellow Brit) and gives Chicago a top PF and 2010 cap space. I like the idea of Tyrus and Millsap at the 4, but not for Booz, I'd prefer a year of Booz/Milly and draft a pf next year or something.

BleedGreen1014
07-06-2009, 09:00 PM
who the hell wants Jerome James?

JerseysFinest
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
all that Jersey are willing to offer is expiring contracts..and thats what Booz is, I doubt you get him

thats not really true, we goy young guys like Yi, Boone, and Sean Williams that they might offer, and we can offer Alston who Utah would want because they don't have a solid back up to Deron

jimbobjarree
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM
maybe, I like the idea of Maynor so far and I doubt Alston would fit in our system. I like Sean Will, not good enough for Booz though, and Yi in Utah? You gotta be kidding me, he wants a big chinese market, he'll probably be the first chinese to live in Salt Lake City.

JerseysFinest
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
hahah yeah evvryday its seems unliekly that he'll be traded to jersey since theyre unwilling to take on big contracts, but i see him on the bulls next season or pistions

zambo4president
07-06-2009, 09:15 PM
who the hell wants Jerome James?

Most people want Jerome James, he is an expiring contract.

NJrockPD
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Jerome James is LeBron James more talented brother.

jimbobjarree
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Most people want Jerome James, he is an expiring contract.

yeah but so is Boozer

Shahrose
07-06-2009, 10:04 PM
if this trade happens wow i would be happy :D