PDA

View Full Version : True Franchise Players

true_superman23
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
1. Lebron James led his team in Points, Rebounds, Assists, FG%, Blocks AND Steals - Impossible
6 Categories

2. Dwight Howard led his team in Points, Rebounds, FG%, Blocks and Steals
5 Categories

3. Chris Paul led his team in Points, Assists, FG%, and Steals
4 Categories

3. Tony Parker led his team in Points, Assists, FG% and Steals
4 Categories

3. Shaquille O'Neal led his team in Points, Rebounds, FG% and Blocks
4 Categories

3. Yao Ming led his team in Points, Rebounds, FG% and Blocks
4 Categories

5. Dwayne Wade led his team in Points, Assists and Steals
3 Categories

5. Brandon Roy led his team in Points, Assists, and Steals
3 Categories

5. Kevin Durant led his team in Points, FG%, and Steals
3 Categories

Other notables: Dirk Nowitzki (3), Emeka Okafor (3), Paul Millsap (3)

This is just a thread to show what players are actually doing a lot of the work by themselves.

still1ballin
07-06-2009, 03:38 PM
No Kobe? LOL

wayneo92
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
your not making any since and how is kobe not on the list

zambo4president
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
No Kobe? And Emeka Okafor and Paul Millsap are franchise players? :crazy:

NYK|NYY
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't think this is the best way to measure franchise players, not that there is a way/better way.

IRUAM #21
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Lmfao.

Mane
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Brandon Jennings

xBLAMEITON24x
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
what about Kobe or Bosh or Duncan?

k08E24MVP
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Kobe hater in the house

true_superman23
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
The thread was to show players who were doing most of the work themselves, emphasis on Pts, Assts, Reb. It's a stats thread vs. team, no kobe, duncan, etc. cuz they've got some real help on their teams, but obviously at one point they were the Only option on their teams.

Guess I shouldn't have name it Franchise Players, more like Players Who Do It All?

Bruno
07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
The thread was to show players who were doing most of the work themselves, emphasis on Pts, Assts, Reb. It's a stats thread vs. team, no kobe, duncan, etc. cuz they've got some real help on their teams, but obviously at one point they were the Only option on their teams.

Guess I shouldn't have name it Franchise Players, more like Players Who Do It All?

A franchise player is the guy on your team who you have signed long term (or are looking to sign long term), who you are building the rest of your team around. He is the guy who gets the most attention on the offensive end, he is your go to guy. As far as im concerned there are a limited number of true elite franchise players in this league.

Vinny642
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
At least CP3 is on the list

ManRam
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
An interesting way to look at things...but obviously not terribly accurate. No one will argue that LeBron does more for his team than any other player, and has to do more work than most every other super star...but any way of looking at franchise players, that doesn't include Kobe just isn't right. However, I am in no way shape or form surprised that Kobe doesn't lead his team in all those stats. He is on a great team, with great balance. He doesn't have as much pressure on his shoulders night in and night out.

Bruno
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
An interesting way to look at things...but obviously not terribly accurate. No one will argue that LeBron does more for his team than any other player, and has to do more work than most every other super star...but any way of looking at franchise players, that doesn't include Kobe just isn't right. However, I am in no way shape or form surprised that Kobe doesn't lead his team in all those stats. He is on a great team, with great balance. He doesn't have as much pressure on his shoulders night in and night out.

Right, Kobe already went through that stage of his career, except his 04/05-06/07 Lakers had A LOT less talent than any of LeBrons teams the last few years. When all the pressure was on Kobe he was putting up 35 a game. Now that LeBron has Shaq and Mo, there is really no excuses. (Not that they had any excuses last year imo- they just matched up horribly against the Magic).

itsripcity32
07-06-2009, 04:57 PM
:hi5:

paul pierce
07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
what about kg or pierce

dtmagnet
07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
what about kg or pierce

What about "insert my team's best player." ?????

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
This was a horrible definition of a franchise player.

KOBE and tim duncan are clearly franchise players. Just because they have a good supporting cast that can lead the team in more than 1 category doesn't mean you can't classify them as a franchise player.

greg_ory_2005
07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Where's Sean? This thread is a fail. :pity:

BkOriginalOne
07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
A franchise player is the player that a GM decided to build the team around. All the other players are complimentary and fit that one player's style and identity. Everything from the defense and offense should be ran centered around this player. So here's the real list of franchise players.

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Chris Paul, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Bosh, Kevin Durrant, Brandan Roy, Carmelo Anthony
Players that are almost franchis players include, Blake Griffin, Al jeffferson, Deron Williams, Joe johnson, Paul Pierce, Kevin Martin, Tmac (on a fresh team)

Raph12
07-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Bosh led points & rebounds, Duncan led rebounds & blocks and Kobe led points & assists, if everyone reads the first post, each player listed led at least 3 categories, which neither, Bosh, nor Duncan and not even Kobe led their teams in 3 categories. But that doesn't mean that they aren't franchise players, it just means they have different roles on these teams, Duncan is hands down the franchise player not to mention the best player on that team, but parker led 3 cats while Duncan only led 2 last season, but even when Parker won the Finals MVP in '07 in his acceptance speech he said "...this is and always will be Timmy's team, I'm just happy he let me get one of these too..."

alverwi
nice idea with the stats, but common sense has to be used sometimes

BoltLakerPadre
Kobe hater in the house

Just cause he didn't put Kobe on his list doesn't mean he's a hater. It just means Kobe doesn't fit that criteria of a franchise player. Although I don't think that is the right way to judge a franchise player.

RapssRULzzz16
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
What?!?!?!?...wheres rupauL????????????????

AlexTmz2
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Tim Duncan

SeoulBeatz
07-06-2009, 05:41 PM
that's not the most efficient method to judge a players worth but nice try.

smh at all the kobe haters and lebron haters.

Raph12
07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Just cause he didn't put Kobe on his list doesn't mean he's a hater. It just means Kobe doesn't fit that criteria of a franchise player. Although I don't think that is the right way to judge a franchise player.

well said, that criteria is inaccurate, alot of franchise players do things that don't show up on the stat sheet. What Kobe or Duncan brings to the table go deep WAY beyond getting rebounds or blocks, and that's what franchise players really do, they make everyone play at their best and that doesn't mean their scoring or rebounding goes up, it means they play with the same confidence of their star player and that's saying something. Ie. Mo Williams really thought he was a superstar of a player last year by making lame guarantees and claims of being the best team, but that's only because when playing with a guy like Lebron, you have that confidence he puts in you and that makes you better.

MSU Spartans313
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
A franchise player is a player locked up on a team with a long term deal. That player is who the team builds around, like Gilbert Arenas

SteveNash
07-06-2009, 05:51 PM
When I think of franchise players, I think of Paul Millsap and Emeka Okafor long before I think of Kobe Bryant.

Mile High Champ
07-06-2009, 06:04 PM
not a good way to examine if a player is a franchise guy or not.

dolfan720
07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
No Kobe? LOL

thats what i thought hahahaha

dre1990
07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Chauncey Billups?

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
This isn't the best way to measure Franchise Players. Emeka Okafor and Paul Millsap aren't franchise players.

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Real Franchise player are

Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant
Yao Ming
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony

Not Paul Millsap and Emaka Okafor

J_M_B
07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Where's Kobe?

tland22
07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
just cause he didn't put kobe on his list doesn't mean he's a hater. It just means kobe doesn't fit that criteria of a franchise player. Although i don't think that is the right way to judge a franchise player.

amen!

haircanada
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
ahahaha wheres bosh ?

CelticsPride
07-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Franchise players to me our players that there franchises cannot win without and are not just average good players but elite players.

These are my franchise players:

Lebron James: Led his team in 6 different catergories and leads the league in scoring and is a good defender. Players like this dont come around that often.

Chris Paul:Leads the league in Assists and makes everyone around him better. 22.8 points 11 assists and 3 steals. without him the Hornets would be in the upper lottery.

Kobe Bryant: Flat out domaintes a game. Scores and plays lock down defense.

Tim Duncan: Defensive player of the year several tims and had won 4 titles and is a 20 10 guy year after year.

Dwyane Wade: Simply carries his team year after year. If he was not there the Heat would win between 15-25 a year.

Chris Bosh: great big man with every skill. Doubt he will stay with Toronto but he is the face of the franchise there.

Deron Williams: Part of one of the best point guards draft in the history of the game. 22 10 guy and keeps the Jazz in the playoff race every year.

Dwight Howard: A great big man who does everything score, Rebounds, block shots and is flat out beast. He is only going to get better which is scary for the rest of the league.

Baldyy
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM

It's a solid thread if you just tossed kobe and duncan in there people wouldn't be hatin

IndyRealist
07-06-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm glad these very basic and statistically insignificant numbers determine franchise player status.

/sarcasm

Note: Guess I'm in a bad mood. Ignore me.

nba08
07-07-2009, 02:03 AM
HMMMMM IF IM STARTIN A TEAM AND USING YOUR SYSTEM I WOULD BE FIRED AS THE GM ON MY TEAM. you really would pick Milsap over the likes of duncan, bosh, garnett, and bryant . What u be on

b_rad23
07-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Brandon Jennings

Truth.

KG2TB
07-07-2009, 02:09 AM
My list:

Kobe
Wade
Bron
Howard
CP3
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Brandon Roy
KG
Chris Bosh...maybe

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:23 AM
My list

Kobe
Pierce
Yao
Lebron
Dwade
Howard
CP3
Dwill
Duncan
Roy

desertlakeshow
07-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Ill start my list with the guy who took his team to the finals the last few years.

In fact I have no stats at all in my head but ill take the guys who have willed there teams to win the last few years.

Kobe
Wade
Garnett
Duncan
Shaq

off the bench, this would not suck

Lebron
Novitzski
Yao
Superman
Cp3

I hope I did not leave out too many.

Oh well there all big boys. Or not.

TRF929
07-07-2009, 02:38 AM
How is Parker a franchise player and not Duncan? Parker wouldnt have those stats without him. Compare their stats last year

T. Parker G 72 -34:06 .506 .292 .782 3.1 -496 67 --4 186 110 22.0
T. Duncan C 75 33:38 .504 .000 .692 10.7 264 38 126 165 173 19.3

FG% difference of .002 OMG Duncan has rbs in the bag, half amount of assists, which for a big man thats real good, Half the steals, once again for a big man thats good, dominates the blocks, thats expected, less turnovers and 3 less in points, oh no that puts him out of being a franchise player

Plus big men are harder to find
This thread is Bogus, you need to learn what a franchise player is