PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: S&T for Bass?

soog
07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Just curious what you guys, as bobcats fans, would view as a fair S&T for Brandon Bass, since apparently you have some interest.

and yes i know it was reported he has an offer from someone else.

curious if there is anyway you include okafor?

or possibly something around bell?

Chateamsfan
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Were not giving up Bell or Okafor!

DerekRE_3
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Just curious what you guys, as bobcats fans, would view as a fair S&T for Brandon Bass, since apparently you have some interest.

and yes i know it was reported he has an offer from someone else.

curious if there is anyway you include okafor?

or possibly something around bell?

There is no way in hell it involves Okafor unless we'd be getting more than Bass. We are interesed in Bass being Diaw's backup, you don't trade your starting center to get a backup PF. I don't know if we'd be trading Bell, because then Henderson has to start right away and he'd have no backup.

NBA_Starter
07-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I have to say this makes no sense and I don't think we'll be offering 25 to a backup and we already have Nazr and his HUGE contract rotting on the bench!

soog
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
well of course i didn't mean straight up, we have some expiring contracts and other role players. i was hoping for a bit more intelligent discussion than "hell no!"

for example, you have some huge contracts sitting on your bench, we have an expiring contract in stack. Nazr and Bell for Stack and Bass? I don't know what the numbers are, just trying to get a feel for how you value these players.

DerekRE_3
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
well of course i didn't mean straight up, we have some expiring contracts and other role players. i was hoping for a bit more intelligent discussion than "hell no!"

for example, you have some huge contracts sitting on your bench, we have an expiring contract in stack. Nazr and Bell for Stack and Bass? I don't know what the numbers are, just trying to get a feel for how you value these players.

The reason for hell no on an Okafor trade is because it would take more than Bass, expirings, and role players to trade the anchor of our defense. The only way I see us trading Okafor is if we get a true center in return. Nazr and Bell for Stack and Bass would be interesting though.

Chateamsfan
07-06-2009, 05:03 PM
The reason for hell no on an Okafor trade is because it would take more than Bass, expirings, and role players to trade the anchor of our defense. The only way I see us trading Okafor is if we get a true center in return. Nazr and Bell for Stack and Bass would be interesting though.

Yes it would but what about jason terry?

DerekRE_3
07-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes it would but what about jason terry?

I'm not a big fan of undersized scorers that don't do anything but shoot.

NBA_Starter
07-06-2009, 11:22 PM

Now you're talking my language. I might would do that just to get rid of Nazr!:D

homestarunner93
07-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Or, we could just sign Bass to a 5 year/25 million dollar deal and not have to give up anything. Yeah, that sounds fine.

masalex1205
07-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Way too much money imo for a backup, we should be looking at someone like Channing Frye.

Bobcats shouldn't be trying to improve their team DRASTICALLY through free agency. We're just going to end up w/ a team full of Diops and Radmanovichs.

We need to focus on the draft and finding a star through it while keeping our payroll low.

Thorough-Eye
07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Were not giving up Bell or Okafor!

Honestly, we should be willing to give them both up. I'de try to rid myself of Okafor first. He's WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY overrated. Henderson should challenge Raja for the starting job no later than month 2 of practices. I know our team has performed poorly, so much that we rely and put Raja Bell on a pedestal. Think about Bell's identity, a tough defender with shooting ability. I'm as big a fan as anyone, but he hasn't shown me anything that says, "keep this guy, definitely".

Bass would be an upgrade for sure. He's nothing special, but he's like Diaw, with a better physique. Honestly, I'd trade Okafor for some Panthers-Eagles tickets and a King size Snickers bar. He's so soft, they should name a premium car interior after him. I DARE YOU TO ARGUE DIFFERENTLY, Don't get embarrassed. That is all.