PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Commits to Celtics.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-05-2009, 08:34 PM
wat it says. ill get the link in a second

BTownTeamsRKing
07-05-2009, 08:35 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

op12
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
this is great. now sign hill and maybe a backup pg or resign baby and lets roll.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
So does he come off the bench or does Perkins come off the bench?

Rhino
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Hell ya Sheed deserves to win another title great pickup for the Celtics.

magichatnumber9
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
So does he come off the bench or does Perkins come off the bench? Who cares lets do this.

TheHoopsProphet
07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
The rich keep getting richer. I think 5 teams will win 60+ games this year and relative to that 5 teams will lose 60+.

mitch91
07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
i think sheed comes off the bench

yanksknicksgmen
07-05-2009, 08:42 PM
celtics gunna win it

BTownTeamsRKing
07-05-2009, 08:44 PM
He will be our 6th man. We need scoring off the bench.

Now hopefully BBD will sign his offer.

best case scenario off the bench, but not likely to have all of these:

Tinsley - Trade a couple young guys and expiring deals
House
Hill - Bi annual exception
Davis
Wallace

that is a solid bench. not likely to happen, but it is possible.

SeoulBeatz
the big three teams in the east are getting really good... scaryyyy

KaganRS
I can see them putting Rasheed or Garnett at center
pg rondo
sg allen
sf Pierce
Pf Wallace
C Garnett

Rhino
I think he will come off the bench, but either way great pickup. Now if the Celts add Hill hello #18

The Intimidator
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Good signing for the Celtics. Hill is unlikely to end up in Boston now, unless he is willing to take chump change, but this is one of the best pickups they could have made to strengthen their bench.

mitch91
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
i read on hoopsworld and it said there that sheed will come off the bench, but this was before he committed

goku
07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
i think he should start

rondo
allen
peirce
kg
wallace

it would give them a versatile frontline they both have range which could bring bigs out the paint and allow peirce and rondo to penetrate

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
i think he should start

rondo
allen
peirce
kg
wallace

it would give them a versatile frontline they both have range which could bring bigs out the paint and allow peirce and rondo to penetrate

No. They need some scoring off the bench. Either put Ray Allen on the bench or Rasheed.

superkegger
He fits the style and system for sure, just don't think he fits the team personality. For whatever reason, I just don't see him and KG co-existing well. Maybe they will. It could be great, or it could be meh. I just have been skeptical of Sheed's motiviation for like the past 3 or 4 years. He's just a strange player. So combustible, but in the right situation, that same combustibility can breed success. Just wonder if that combo will be right for Boston. They are already a very emotional team, and adding a guy who never hold back, I dunno.

Super.
:dance:

Shaaaamon!

Super.
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
He fits the style and system for sure, just don't think he fits the team personality. For whatever reason, I just don't see him and KG co-existing well. Maybe they will. It could be great, or it could be meh. I just have been skeptical of Sheed's motiviation for like the past 3 or 4 years. He's just a strange player. So combustible, but in the right situation, that same combustibility can breed success. Just wonder if that combo will be right for Boston. They are already a very emotional team, and adding a guy who never hold back, I dunno.

KG and Sheed are like best friends

sugarrayray
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
i really dont like this guy, but man that puts the celts a lot closer to winning another ring. this is a really good signing. i think he should come off the bench tho, cause hes better than perk, so it makes their second string better, and also neither garnett or rasheed are true centers, and perk is. but man, davis is gonna continue to develop, house resigned, things are lookin good.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
No. They need some scoring off the bench. Either put Ray Allen on the bench or Rasheed.

plus u need a banger like Perkins to compliment KG

sugarrayray
07-05-2009, 09:04 PM

having ray allen come off the bench is soo stupid. whether he scores alot or not, teams have to game plan against him so much, hes started his whole career and put up great numbers last year. hes not coming off the bench, that could throw his game out of whack

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Its been reported here in Boston for a week now that Sheed is coming off the bench. I hate seeing posts acting like sheed will start. Unless KG or Perk are injured Sheed will be coming off the bench

cubbies93
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
if he goes on the bench. he will be like Iverson. it wont work.

Rhino
07-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Wow sounds like you just described Artest hmm....

superkegger
07-05-2009, 09:07 PM
KG and Sheed are like best friends

Really? I did not know this.

Wow sounds like you just described Artest hmm....

Yeah, and I was critical of the signing and was a not a fan of it.

marques724
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Looking very much like a LA/Bos rematch in the finals

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM

DUDE...Are you kiddin me? The Big Three along with the Celtics coach, GM and OWNER traveled to Sheeds living room to talk to him about signing with us. For 3 HOURS THEY CHATTED you dont think Sheed playing off the bench was discussed? You dont think they talked about playing time and his role with us? Hes knows what he coming here for. Sheed will be the 6xth man. Sheed will play 25-35 minutes. We'll be fine

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:12 PM

Sorry no. Iverson was a 25-30 ppg scorer while Rasheed gives you essentially 12-14 ppg and 6-8 rpg. Totally different. He isn't there to be the man by any means.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Hopefully the cavs get Mcdyess now.

itsripcity32
07-05-2009, 09:15 PM
sigh... hes gonna go 0/10 from 3 point line and get 12101 techs

Rhino
07-05-2009, 09:18 PM
sigh... hes gonna go 0/10 from 3 point line and get 12101 techs

Not

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Hopefully the cavs get Mcdyess now.

I think Spurs. I figured the Spurs and the C's were after Sheed and which ever team didnt get em would go after the Dice man

td0tsfinest
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
San Antonio, Cleveland, Orlando, Los Angeles and Boston are all bulking up for next season. It's going to be hard battle for the number 1 spot.

Wonder who's next to make a "big" move?
You would have to think Denver is thinking of something. They're definitely a team that can compete with the best but I think they're one good piece away from being a legitimate contender.

shep33
Kinda don't like this for the Celts... I mean, yeah they're getting a good player, but they're getting good old players. They basically have to win this year or i think thats it for them. Plus if I were Ray Ray, and Rondo I'd be pretty pissed off for trying to trade me to the Pistons. I wonder if Rondo will even be there next year.

Grim Reaper
Yeah. If we can sign Grant Hill and resign Glen Davis we'd be a team to be reckoned with. That's called "Keeping up with the Joneses." Rasheed and Grant Hill are already great defenders coming into a great defensive team. I think that puts the Celtics back on top of the East.

kblo247
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Really? I did not know this.

Yeah, and I was critical of the signing and was a not a fan of it.

Sheed and KG are just like Ron and Kobe in the sense two of them wear their heart on their sleeve and sometimes cross a line and two of them live, breath, and eat basketball.

I think Boston should let Powe, Baby, and Stephon walk and use the BAE on Hill since he can be the point foward and trust House off the bench as well as Scal and Tony as situational players.

BRADY4MVP
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
:clap:

Joshtd1
07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Bleh. Atleast he is in the east though now.

Hope Spurs can get McDyess

itsripcity32
07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
omfg the pistons need a good starting big man :(

NYtilIdie
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
LAL vs Bos rematch anyone?

Corey
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Great signing for us.

It's been said that we're the front runner for Grant Hill, and all indications are we're going to match on Big Baby, so we're looking at a line of:

Rondo/FA
Allen/House
Pierce/Hill
Garnett/Baby
Perk/Sheed

That's not too shabby, even if we have to slum it with Marbury or T. Lue at the backup point.

I like this team's potential better than '08 if all plays out.

Joshtd1
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I think Spurs. I figured the Spurs and the C's were after Sheed and which ever team didnt get em would go after the Dice man

Not sure if we are going to get him, but I know for a fact that the Spurs have been talking to him.

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Great signing for us.

It's been said that we're the front runner for Grant Hill, and all indications are we're going to match on Big Baby, so we're looking at a line of:

Rondo/FA
Allen/House
Pierce/Hill
Garnett/Baby
Perk/Sheed

That's not too shabby, even if we have to slum it with Marbury or T. Lue at the backup point.

I like this team's potential better than '08 if all plays out.

I'll take Lue. Hes formidable and i think can hold it down while Rondo gets a break./

JIDsanity
07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Wait, so what about Glen Davis? Is there room for him to play, because I saw him as a big player for them next season. In my opinion he would be a starter on most teams, and could be one on a championship team, so do they low ball him?

shep33
07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
LAL vs Bos rematch anyone?

Orlando is still pretty solid, Cleveland too... but yeah I got the Celts in the east IF they're healthy... remember people these guys are old.. Sheed's what 35, KG 33, Ray 34, Pierce 31 (gonna be 32 when the season starts), Grant Hill (possibly get him) 37 when the season starts. So injuries can take there toll on this team, hopefully not though b/c I wanna see a Celts vs. Lakers finals, with both teams healthy.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Orlando is still pretty solid, Cleveland too... but yeah I got the Celts in the east IF they're healthy... remember people these guys are old.. Sheed's what 35, KG 33, Ray 34, Pierce 31 (gonna be 32 when the season starts), Grant Hill (possibly get him) 37 when the season starts. So injuries can take there toll on this team, hopefully not though b/c I wanna see a Celts vs. Lakers finals, with both teams healthy.

And hopefully a healthy Paul Pierce in the finals this time as last time he had a busted knee.

GoatMilk
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM
yeah it's been said, but if healthy, Boston is the best in the East

Cleveland may end up with more wins, maybe, but Boston is better

NYMetros
07-05-2009, 09:37 PM

KG and Sheed are best friends, supposedly.

And hopefully a healthy Paul Pierce in the finals this time as last time he had a busted knee.

He had a busted knee in the playoffs last year?

CelticsPride
07-05-2009, 09:37 PM
This is a great signing for the Celtics. This significantly upgrades there bench and insurance in case of an injury to Kevin Garnett. He adds a veteran presence a tough defender, a shot blocker and a shooter. However even with this move they still need to make more moves to the bench to be at a championship level. A backup SF and PG our the major needs off the bench and they are currently looking at Grant Hill who can fill both voids however they can only offer him the bi annual exception so I believe he will go elsewhere. Oh yeah one more thing HE IS COMING OFF THE BENCH.

haris23
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
The Celtics will be the most hated team in the NBA this year and for years to come.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
He had a busted knee in the playoffs last year?

In the 2008 finals he got injured in game 1. Now this time hopefully he will be healthy.

Durant is hype
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
HUGE signing,Boston if healthy has a great opportunity to return to the finals.

NYMetros
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM
In the 2008 finals he got injured in game 1. Now this time hopefully he will be healthy.

Oh yeah. Was it serious? He seemed pretty good after he came in from the locker room, I didn't know it was still bugging him after that game.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah. Was it serious? He seemed pretty good after he came in from the locker room, I didn't know it was still bugging him after that game.

Yeah it was pretty bad. It was amazing he was still able to play.

PhillyForLife90
07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Hmm interesting...the East just continues to get better. Although I wonder if Rasheed would be in the starting rotation and Perkins comes off the bench? Personally if I were a Celtics fan, I'd just rather see Rasheed come off the bench as their 6th man, because in that role, I think it'd be ideal especially playing for Boston seeing that they're loaded with offensive weapons anyways.

superkegger
07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah it was pretty bad. It was amazing he was still able to play.

Amazing? Please.

http://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/paul-pierce-injury-update-2008-nba-finals/

When Pierce went down, he says that he felt a pop in his knee. Tests indicate he hasnít suffered any major injury and should be close to 100% for the rest of the series.

kblo247
07-05-2009, 09:54 PM
For those who call Hill old -

He is the youngest 37 year old in the league after not playing for 5 years

thedfactor
07-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey can't argue it being a great pickup even though I thoroughly dislike the Celtics. Sheed will definitely help the team...guess his whole not going to cavs or cs was bs.

LakersOrNothing
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Great pickup for the Celtics. I'm just glad 'Sheed didn't come out West :)

Celtics will be a even tougher team now. Now if they can get a PG.....

superkegger
07-05-2009, 09:57 PM
So who's the bigger wildcard, sheed or artest?

BigDaddyKaine
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Good signing for celtics

Artest>Sheed

Honestly this is a great signing for celtics but I just do not see who slows LeBron down on the C's. I would love to see a Celtics vs Cavs ECF.

Rasheed4eva
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I dont know about this! Rasheed off the pine? Not for long!

ko8e24
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice signing Celtics, good luck TRUE C's fans, see you in June!

Grim Reaper
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Wait, so what about Glen Davis? Is there room for him to play, because I saw him as a big player for them next season. In my opinion he would be a starter on most teams, and could be one on a championship team, so do they low ball him?

The Celtics main focus now is resigning Glen Davis and signing Grant Hill. We have Gabe Pruitt and Lester Hudson as backup PG's so if Marbury won't come for cheap we will find someone that will or see what Pruitt and Hudson can do during the Summer league and preseason but, the main concerns as of right now are resigning Davis and signing Grant Hill and I am pretty sure they will get the both under contract within the next week or so.

SouljahPhil...
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Good signing for celtics

Artest>Sheed

no need to put that here...we lost ariza by gaining artest..

the C"s lost who? powe or davis....that's a big gain for them..

I'm just glad he didn't go spurs...haha

superkegger
07-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Hmm, I forgot about Powe. Will the Celtics be able to keep him now?

FNM BOY
Excellent pick up!!! The CElts are very solid in the Front court...

Centers....Rasheed/Perkins
Power Fowards...Garnett Davis

If they stay healthy they bust that Lakers ***!!

kblo247

Don't discredit Powe when healthy or Davis last year as they contribute a lot to Boston just like Ariza did for LA

BigDaddyKaine
07-05-2009, 10:09 PM

Why don't you look at the rest of my post where i put it is a great signing for the Celtics :)

JWO35
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I wish you luck Rasheed Wallace...if it comes down to you and the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals, I hope you own them :D

CraigtheSoxFan
07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Hmm, I forgot about Powe. Will the Celtics be able to keep him now?

naw he's gone but hes also out for the 1/2 of year because of a torn acl in the post season aganst the magic but could be a late season pick up for your lakers

SouljahPhil...
07-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Why don't you look at the rest of my post where i put it is a great signing for the Celtics :)

I know...I was just refering to your post about sheed and artest...

but overall we agree that is was a good signing for the C's..

SouljahPhil...
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Don't discredit Powe when healthy or Davis last year as they contribute a lot to Boston just like Ariza did for LA

that's my point is...But I think the C's will only let go of one of powe or davis that's why its a win-win for them...

Anyway were in the West...

So our main competition will be spurs.,denver.,maybe portland...No maybe if they don't trade away chandler for big ben...

CraigtheSoxFan
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
but any way great signing for us!!! wallace is a great vet who has a ring! now if you add hill or resign davis and or marbury and "if healthy" i see this team better than the cavs even with shaq beacuse we have more wepons than the cavs "if healthy" again

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Signing Baby is key. Sheed is nice but hes our ONLY big off the bench. Well Scal but im not sure anyone expects much from him. I hope Baby is signed. U heard a rumble that if the Offer went over 3-4 million the C's would let em walk. Who know's. I wish Birdman could be had for cheap and slotted in as the backup 5 moving Sheed to the 4. Unlikely. Hope there isnt a team out there in love with Davis and over pays.

jehovah joe
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
i think wallace will be a starter on day 1...

celts are going to be beasting in the east. they're the team to beat in the east...

celtics vs lakers in the finals...

dsonLAL24
07-05-2009, 10:37 PM
i predict a Lakers vs Celtics finals

Nighthawk
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
i think wallace will be a starter on day 1...

celts are going to be beasting in the east. they're the team to beat in the east...

celtics vs lakers in the finals...

If I told you that its been said here in Boston on numerous occasions and by the GM that Sheed will be coming off the bench would you change your mind?

Sheed wont starts unless theres injuries

superkegger
07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
A bit off topic, but I'm not sure how much I like all these top tier teams getting better. I mean, I like it in one sense, because it should create for some dynamic and epic late round playoff battles.

But, I feel over the past several years, there was a good amount of parity in the league. Now, I feel like there is going to be some rather unintriguing and poor regular season basketball. Which for the league as a whole, probalby isn't good. I mean, after the top 6 or 8 teams in the league or so, theres just a big drop off in talent, and just creates a lot of mediocrity. I dunno.

kblo247
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
A bit off topic, but I'm not sure how much I like all these top tier teams getting better. I mean, I like it in one sense, because it should create for some dynamic and epic late round playoff battles.

But, I feel over the past several years, there was a good amount of parity in the league. Now, I feel like there is going to be some rather unintriguing and poor regular season basketball. Which for the league as a whole, probalby isn't good. I mean, after the top 6 or 8 teams in the league or so, theres just a big drop off in talent, and just creates a lot of mediocrity. I dunno.

Look at it this way, everyone outside of the top 3 teams in each conference
- LA, Boston, SA, Denver, Orlando, Cleveland

Can be seen as capable of beating one another which means that 12 teams will be competivitve with one another instead of their being a tier of elites, mediocrity, and bottom feeders

AlexTmz2
07-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I can see them putting Rasheed or Garnett at center
pg rondo
sg allen
sf Pierce
Pf Wallace
C Garnett

Beast. :speechless:

itsripcity32
07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
at least i know which team's gonna lead the league in techs

kblo247
07-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Celtics and Lakers will Ron a raise with KG, Sheed, Kobe, and Artest
While Phil and Doc will see who will pay the most fines

superkegger
07-05-2009, 11:02 PM

Boston already led the league last year in techs, by 30.

http://www.nbastuffer.com/2008-2009_Regular_Season_NBA_Stats.html

[far right colum]

NBA_Starter
07-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Good move and it could be a Great move as long as he and KG stay healthy!

ARMIN12NBA
07-05-2009, 11:20 PM

It is more intriguing IMO. All the teams are trying so hard to get better. A higher level of competition between the top teams. The NBA has never had true parity. Even if there was parity in the regular season, it was still just the regular season. Those OK teams, we all knew they would still be OK and wouldn't have a true chance. Now, the NBA has 4-5 teams with ridiculous talent and stacked teams. The NBA is WAY MORE exciting because everybody will be watching every game to see each team trying to one up each other and get Home-Court Advantage. Not to mention the epic battles between the teams in the regular season to prove themselves better before the playoffs when the classic battles will be sure to come.

Ripper Gein
07-05-2009, 11:20 PM
YIPEEEE!!!!! but theyre still the 3rd best team in the east

Hawkeye15
07-05-2009, 11:24 PM
This makes the Celtics, if they stay healthy, the favorite in my opinion. That being said, it is nice to see the top teams all getting aggressive and adding pieces. The Lakers will not be knocked off easy, that is for sure. Cleveland, SA, Boston, have all gotten better. And we are barely into the offseason. Should be interesting.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
nnnniiiicccceee.

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 11:31 PM
This makes the Celtics, if they stay healthy, the favorite in my opinion. That being said, it is nice to see the top teams all getting aggressive and adding pieces. The Lakers will not be knocked off easy, that is for sure. Cleveland, SA, Boston, have all gotten better. And we are barely into the offseason. Should be interesting.

Now it depends on where Mcdyess and Bass go.

plpfctn
07-06-2009, 12:24 AM
this doesn't scare Lebron at all. I remember Lebron embarassing Sheed and the Pistons last year. lebron owns sheed.

Sheed's playoff numbers last year - 6 ppg shooting 36%. he really lit up. And he'll be 35 next year. a lot of mileage on him.

dre1990
07-06-2009, 12:37 AM
As a sheed fan, I hope he starts

CraigtheSoxFan
07-06-2009, 12:37 AM
this doesn't scare Lebron at all. I remember Lebron embarassing Sheed and the Pistons last year. lebron owns sheed.

Sheed's playoff numbers last year - 6 ppg shooting 36%. he really lit up. And he'll be 35 next year. a lot of mileage on him.
the pistons dont have the guys what the celtics have last year

Trouble87
07-06-2009, 12:46 AM
minimal impact on the make up of their team... he half @$$es his way through games

lijuap18
07-06-2009, 01:03 AM
If I told you that its been said here in Boston on numerous occasions and by the GM that Sheed will be coming off the bench would you change your mind?

Sheed wont starts unless theres injuries

dude you don't know what your talking about..u gota be kidding me. if perkins is gona start over sheed who is gona be the starting over KG? You? ridiculous that you can even compare weak perkins to Sheed. The GM doesn't get to decide before the season even begins who starts. Sheed has to start next to KG. It only makes sense.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Here is why Wallace is comming off the bench.

You cant have Sheed and KG in there too much. thats way too much shooting and not enough banging and grabbing boards down low. They both like to play around the perimeter. Also, theres Ray Allen and Pierce that play the perimeter.

Wallace will be huge off the bench along with Eddie House.

MajorFloridaFan
07-06-2009, 01:11 AM
fantastic not happy at all at alll at all

#1Mavericksfan
07-06-2009, 01:11 AM

When was the last time Lebron won in Boston?

effen5
07-06-2009, 01:23 AM
I like this pickup by Boston but damn you guys are getting older....I mean how many good years does Boston have left?

xBLAMEITON24x
07-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Just makes the East playoffs more interesting to watch can't wait for next season
Lets GO LA!

nyyankees09
07-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Lakers still winning it next year

ElMarroAfamado
07-06-2009, 01:45 AM
its funny how people forget about other teams
when the celtics do anything
i understand they have a horrible bench ...and its full of bums
and they try to leave 1 "Star" out there with them....

but sorry this is not going to put them over the top...
kg is the most important piece of he is not as dominant as he usually is
the celtics dont stand a chance...
then again it is the East....and the cavs are seen as one of the better teams in the east and they suck too...
so who knows....

i got my money on the Magic or (cavs or boston aint making the finals)

abe_froman
07-06-2009, 02:00 AM
rich get richer

Jezeble
07-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Hello...The circus is coming to town! Good luck with that!

GREATNESS ONE
07-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Next year is goin to be very entertaining.

Mr. Pistols
07-06-2009, 02:33 AM
So this makes it a lock for L.A. now.

ElMarroAfamado
07-06-2009, 04:58 AM

yeah but the season barely ended
:(

thepaul
07-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Yeah...and I' d love to see lakers and celts in the finals one more time!

BTW I don't care about sheed going to boston, he won't make them improve that much...he's old and almost done...
plus is very uncertain that they will keep powe and glen davis...

CELTICS4LYFE
07-06-2009, 10:44 AM
So this makes it a lock for L.A. now.

:confused:

king4day
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
It's amazing where the Celtics were two years ago, with a bleak future, and now, every star wants to play there.
Ainge really deserves kudos for what he's done with that team.

king4day
07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
its funny how people forget about other teams
when the celtics do anything
i understand they have a horrible bench ...and its full of bums
and they try to leave 1 "Star" out there with them....

but sorry this is not going to put them over the top...
kg is the most important piece of he is not as dominant as he usually is
the celtics dont stand a chance...
then again it is the East....and the cavs are seen as one of the better teams in the east and they suck too...
so who knows....

i got my money on the Magic or (cavs or boston aint making the finals)

You didn't defend your argument at all. You need to explain why Boston sucks.
They'll now have Sheed or Perk off the bench. Powe will likely resign. If they get Hill too, then this is one of the deepest teams in the league.

The Cavs had great defense last year. The thing that beat them was no size in the middle. They have that now. There is also talk of Marion possibly going there.
The east is a 3 headed monster.

mikantsass
07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
With Sheed, the Celtics are the best in the NBA. Grant Hill is on his way too. Banner #18!!!

DMessina508
07-06-2009, 11:02 AM
that puts us over the edge... i dont care if the cavs got shaq cuz perk can cover him.. all we needed was a big guy to come off the bench and now we have a starter coming off the bench... no doubt we are gonna be back to running things!

magichatnumber9
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
As a Boston fan I am psyched, but i'm not going to sound stupid and immature and prematurely pick Boston to win it all. The league is to good.

The Ooh Child
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
With Sheed, the Celtics are the best in the NBA. Grant Hill is on his way too. Banner #18!!!

If I were you guys, I would rather have Leon Powe over Grant Hill

Unruly Fan
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
With Sheed, the Celtics are the best in the NBA. Grant Hill is on his way too. Banner #18!!!I chuckled at this. Thanks.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
i chuckled at this. Thanks.

ya watch out for the raptors! Lmao