PDA

View Full Version : Who will be at point for the Blazers

Jim
07-05-2009, 11:19 AM
do the poll

KaganRS
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Bayless will be an all star someday , so i'm going with him.

FNM BOY
07-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Some people will knock it but if you check the stat sheet and the leadership qualities he brings to the team, and not to mention durability as far as injuries are concerned...Andre Miller is best option for Portland. Out of all those listed as well, none is better than Dre at penetrating and throwing the alley oop!!....but everyone has their own opinions...some will run on with age....but thats what a veteran brings. Yeah he is 33 but none of the PG's above has a better stat line than him from last year..the end!

cle12152433
07-05-2009, 11:47 AM
i like hinrich

FNM BOY
07-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah but having Hinrich will stunt the growth of Bayless for years....You just need a veteran for 2 years with a player option for the 3rd. In addition to that Miller has the best basketball IQ and experience to mold Bayless...but most of you will ignore basics like that!!

Draco
07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
With Gordon gone Hinrich wouldn't be traded without something significant coming back in return.

mitch91
07-05-2009, 12:03 PM
i said blake, though i can see them making a runn at miller, as they didnt get hedo, though i think there system suits a pg who can pass, which miller certainly can do though they would need somebody who is at the very least decent at hitting the three, where as miller is just awful.

i dont think hinrich will get traded now that gordon is gone and i think if they dont make a trade then blake will start the season as their starter but eventually bayless will get the starting spot....though he will still be very young, though d rose did it last year in his rookie season for the bulls

FNM BOY
07-05-2009, 12:13 PM
If Portland wants to go past the First round then sign Miller....if they just want to play around again next year with an early first round exit then let Bayless and Blake start...You need an experience general at the Point to succeed in the playoffs..its intense.

PhillySixer
07-05-2009, 12:16 PM
i have a feeling in my gut that it will be andre

Hellcrooner
07-05-2009, 12:23 PM
they should try a Roy and Rudy backcourt

b_russ
07-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Why haven't they considered Kidd?

JOSKOMANG4
07-05-2009, 12:28 PM
1. Bulls and Blazers

- Blazers acquire PG Kirk Hinrich from Bulls in exchange for SG M. Webster, PG Steve Blake, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

2. Blazers and S.A Spurs

- Spurs acquire L. Aldridge from Blazers in exchange for Manu Ginobli and 2010 2nd rd pick.... Sign & Trade: Blazers sign Aldridge 4yr 42 mill.. then traded to SA for Ginobli.

3. Blazers and Knicks

- Blazers acquire D. Lee from Knicks in exchange for PG Rudy Fernandez and SF Travis Outlaw

Blazers Projected Lineup:

C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
PF: David Lee/Jeff Pendergraph/Dante Cunningham
SF: Manu Ginobli/Nicolas Batum/Victor Claver
SG: Brandon Roy
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Jerryd Bayless/Patty Mills

Trade works b/c...

1) Aldridge had stated that after his contract expires.. he would like to return to his home state of Texas.

2) They lost out on Turk.. Ginobli can provide that spark turk would be presented. He also only has 1 year remaining on his contract.. which he can help blossom both Batum and rookie D Cunnighman at the SF position.

3) Hinrich is a proven PG that can also provide his versatility; can either be the starting pg.. or move bayliss to PG and be be the 6th man as either a PG/SG guy.

4) David Lee trade gives them a player for the next 5 yrs...

Projected deal: 5yr 52mill

Season prediction if deals go down.....

Top 5 in Western Conference...

Draco
07-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't see the Bulls trading Hinrich for two lesser players in Martel/Blake. If they move Hinrich they should be trading him for equal value or as a part of a package to get a better player. Hinrich has no leverage (if he even wanted to be traded - and he doesn't) the Blazers have no leverage and so the trade really needs to make sense for both teams.

KmB728
07-05-2009, 12:44 PM
If Portland wants to go past the First round then sign Miller....if they just want to play around again next year with an early first round exit then let Bayless and Blake start...You need an experience general at the Point to succeed in the playoffs..its intense.

Rajon Rondo begs to differ :cool:

A.Mopp
07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
they should try a Roy and Rudy backcourt

i want to see that also

FNM BOY
07-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Rajon Rondo begs to differ :cool:

Exception to the rule of course dummie....Bayless or Blake wouldnt have 3 all stars in Garnett, Pierce, and Allen....where is the Big dominating 3 in Portland who will make life easy for the PG???

Fireworld
07-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Dre

Rhino
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I think Blake will get the starting nod in the beginning, unless we make some kind of trade before the start of the season. Now what I hope for is that Rudy and Roy switch off as soon as Rudy pulls his head out of his *** and starts consistently making smart decisions. Nate is huge on playing smart intelligent basketball, and I believe he is waiting for Rudy to show it consistently.

dsickich123
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
in other words...no one has a clue...

S-Dot
07-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Blake will begin the season starting, but if given the opportunity, Bayless should take over...similar to Aaron Brooks in Houston last season

Sportfan
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM
bayless

PennyMy#1
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
in other words...no one has a clue...
:p:clap:

ctitus45
07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
i would go after Mike Conley just so Old Greg can get some confidence back. it must be hard knowing the guy you grew up with, the guy who gave u the rock each time down the floor since you were a little old man, is not your PG anymore..let alone in the same locker room. but that's just talk....ive talked to a few blazer season ticket holders and from what i hear Bayless is kind of a knucklehead. You go after Dre though...he shuts his mouth and plays basketball. He is the kind of PG you want if you are trying to win now.

azkarraga
07-06-2009, 10:08 AM
im for rudy and roy too

Macken
07-06-2009, 10:11 AM
i put hinrich for the start of the year, but i could see him slowly lose the spot if bayless or blake step it up and produce .

Brooklyn Mets
07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Bayless will be an all star someday , so i'm going with him.

X2 the kids got skills

toovey107
07-06-2009, 10:35 AM
1. Bulls and Blazers

- Blazers acquire PG Kirk Hinrich from Bulls in exchange for SG M. Webster, PG Steve Blake, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

2. Blazers and S.A Spurs

- Spurs acquire L. Aldridge from Blazers in exchange for Manu Ginobli and 2010 2nd rd pick.... Sign & Trade: Blazers sign Aldridge 4yr 42 mill.. then traded to SA for Ginobli.

3. Blazers and Knicks

- Blazers acquire D. Lee from Knicks in exchange for PG Rudy Fernandez and SF Travis Outlaw

Trade works b/c...

1) Aldridge had stated that after his contract expires.. he would like to return to his home state of Texas.

2) They lost out on Turk.. Ginobli can provide that spark turk would be presented. He also only has 1 year remaining on his contract.. which he can help blossom both Batum and rookie D Cunnighman at the SF position.

3) Hinrich is a proven PG that can also provide his versatility; can either be the starting pg.. or move bayliss to PG and be be the 6th man as either a PG/SG guy.

bulls are gonna want more then that

blazerman
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
1. Bulls and Blazers

2. Blazers and S.A Spurs

3. Blazers and Knicks

Trade works b/c...

Aldridge never said he's not resiging with the Blazers, in fact he is planning on resigning a longterm deal, so quit making stuff up!

The Blazers would never entertain any of those offers(the Bulls one mabe, Outlaw instead of Webster.

Why would the Blazers even want Ginobili when you have Roy and Rudy and Ginobili is always hurt.

If Portland wanted Lee which is possible then they just sign him or give the Knicks Outlaw and use some cap space.

Any chance your related to Chris Wallace?

ZebraCity916
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I voted Blake cause there hasn't been any big talks about getting Miller. I mean people have been talking about it but nothing serious that I've heard. But I think portland needs to sign Miller though. If they do I can see them in the WC Finals next year.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Stevie gets the job done. Don't sleep on the white boy!

ZebraCity916
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Stevie gets the job done. Don't sleep on the white boy!

Sorry but NO he doesn't.

Steve Blake Stats- 11 PPG, 2.5 REB, 5 AST, 1 STL

Andre Miller Stats- 16.3 PPG, 4.5 REB, 6.5 AST, 1.3 STL

They NEED Miller.

JDizzle
07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
andre miller... the man can make greg oden good to

WoodbridgeSkins
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry but NO he doesn't.

Steve Blake Stats- 11 PPG, 2.5 REB, 5 AST, 1 STL

Andre Miller Stats- 16.3 PPG, 4.5 REB, 6.5 AST, 1.3 STL

They NEED Miller.

They have a combo guard in Roy. What is the big difference in Blake and Miller's stats? 5 pts and 1 ast? They need a solid 5 or a healthy Oden and also need a solid 3.

ZebraCity916
07-07-2009, 02:03 AM
They have a combo guard in Roy. What is the big difference in Blake and Miller's stats? 5 pts and 1 ast? They need a solid 5 or a healthy Oden and also need a solid 3.

Those differences make a big difference when it's down to the wire. Those 5 points could be the difference when there's 30 seconds on the clock, Portland has the ball, and they're down 95-97. If they don't have Miller and it's just Blake then Portland is down 90-97 and the game is over.

I know it's just a scenario but it makes sense, right????

Also Miller can penetrate and get to the basket better than Blake and I think Miller is a smarter PG when it comes down to the last few minutes and the pressure is on.

I also think that Oden will stay healthy this next year.

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Big Brandon Roy fan here.

What is wrong with Blake? The Blazers are like a meal that needs to marinade a little. No need adding too many pieces or changing things. They are young, deep, athletic and tough. The series with my rockets were nail bitters all the way and they are one of few teams that give the Lakers fits. If it ain't broke don't fix it. So what you have money to spend, doesn't mean it you need to spend it. Stand pat!

ZebraCity916
07-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Big Brandon Roy fan here.

What is wrong with Blake? The Blazers are like a meal that needs to marinade a little. No need adding too many pieces or changing things. They are young, deep, athletic and tough. The series with my rockets were nail bitters all the way and they are one of few teams that give the Lakers fits. If it ain't broke don't fix it. So what you have money to spend, doesn't mean it you need to spend it. Stand pat!

If they lost in the 1st round then it is broken. They need a veteran PG. All the experts say it and everybody needs to realize it. I like the Blazers, they're not my favorite team (KINGS!!!!) but i do like like them.

If they get a vertran like Miller that can lead a team I think it can get the Blazers over the hump and and at least get them to the WC Finals. They would hold the 4 spot easily next year at the least.

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:29 AM
If they lost in the 1st round then it is broken. They need a veteran PG. All the experts say it and everybody needs to realize it. I like the Blazers, they're not my favorite team (KINGS!!!!) but i do like like them.

If they get a vertran like Miller that can lead a team I think it can get the Blazers over the hump and and at least get them to the WC Finals. They would hold the 4 spot easily next year at the least.

Geez!!!! Well go ahead and break them up. This was their first year in the playoffs in decades, at least give them another year before making changes. The Lakers and Spurs as we know them will not be around in a couple of years. Blazers just need to chill. Now if Odom is available, go get him! Blake is fine at pg. Tough kid in college and finally becoming solid player.

Besides, the offense they run does not require a pg. Give Roy the damn ball, set a pick and let him do what he do.

Curry30Kobe24*
07-07-2009, 02:34 AM
none, patty millls is legit!
MARK MY WORDS HE IS THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT!
you'll see

ZebraCity916
07-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Geez!!!! Well go ahead and break them up. This was their first year in the playoffs in decades, at least give them another year before making changes. The Lakers and Spurs as we know them will not be around in a couple of years. Blazers just need to chill. Now if Odom is available, go get him! Blake is fine at pg. Tough kid in college and finally becoming solid player.

Besides, the offense they run does not require a pg. Give Roy the damn ball, set a pick and let him do what he do.

Just cause you sign Miller doesn't mean you're breaking them up. They're a young team and veteran would do them good. Why don't you want a veteran in Miller but want a veteran in Odom???? You'll just be taking mins. away from Aldridge. Talk about breaking a team up. And Roy can't do everything by himself. He's good but he ain't on a Kobe or LeBron level yet.

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Just cause you sign Miller doesn't mean you're breaking them up. They're a young team and veteran would do them good. Why don't you want a veteran in Miller but want a veteran in Odom???? You'll just be taking mins. away from Aldridge. Talk about breaking a team up. And Roy can't do everything by himself. He's good but he ain't on a Kobe or LeBron level yet.

U could play Odom at the 3 and Aldridge at the 4, interchangeable. I still honestly think they should stand pat. Miller can't shoot fot *****. Roy needs a pg who can shoot, Blake still does that better.