PDA

View Full Version : 76ers interested in Mike Bibby

KB24PG16
07-04-2009, 08:54 PM
76ers' offer to Bibby was for 1 year

By Kevin Tatum

Inquirer Staff Writer

In an effort to entice point guard Mike Bibby to join the 76ers, team president and general manager Ed Stefanski offered the Atlanta Hawks' free agent a one-year deal this week, said a source who was close to the situation. But Bibby apparently wasn't interested and ruled out the Sixers on Thursday.

With his own free-agent point guard, Andre Miller, apparently shopping his services, Stefanski is seeking a player who can run the team next season while 2009 first-round draft pick Jrue Holiday develops. However, a Miller return is not out of the question.

Stefanski spoke with Miller's agent Wednesday, when NBA free agency began, and another source said the two had gotten nowhere.

Miller is believed to be seeking a three-year deal for an annual $10 million, his salary last season.

Bibby, paid about $15 million last season, plans to re-sign with Atlanta for three years, according to an NBA source.

The major sticking point between the players and the Sixers seemed to be the length of a deal. Miller is 33, Bibby 31.

VIA Philli Inquirer

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/49903252.html?cmpid=15585797

PhillySixer
07-04-2009, 09:05 PM
id love to see the sixers bring him in if miller peaces.. but it doesnt look like hes interested

Kyben36
07-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Called it, I figured they would. they need 3pt shooting. and Bibby brings it.

Trouble87
07-04-2009, 09:23 PM
They tried to bring him in with a 1yr deal? smh

why not just try giving him the veterans min too

PhillyBoomerang
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
if Miller Leaves i would not be shocked to see the sixers offer miller the MLE for something like 2-4 years..

PhillySixer
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
im not worried.. jrue holiday looks promising

PhillySixer
07-04-2009, 09:35 PM
i wonder if it would have made his decision any more interesting if his dad henry was still an assistant on philly.(plus he played in philly back in the day)

MNSuFu
07-04-2009, 09:37 PM
i dont like this. I think that miller fits the team much better. You can get a three point shooter fairly easily, no reason to trade your pass first pg for a shoot first pg.

arkanian215
07-04-2009, 09:59 PM
jrue holiday has looked good so far. i'd pass on bibby and watch that kid grow.

FaceDown91
07-04-2009, 10:07 PM
i thought the 76ers were gonna have louis williams start? Either way, i like Bibby for the Hawks and i hope the Hawks can still resign Bibby but at the same time not overpaying him

SeoulBeatz
07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
no to bibby.

like i said in the sixers forum, there is no reason to bring in an aging PG who isn't going to bring us over the hump nor be a good mentor for our young players.

i would much rather take a risk on Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams and see if they can surprise us with a solid season.

Catfish1314
07-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Andre Miller wants 10M a year? You're not that underrated, Dre. Come back down to earth.

TYoung21
07-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Bibby rejected the 1 year deal as expected. Don't resign Miller!!!

superkegger
07-05-2009, 12:43 AM
well the sixers need a pg badly, since they don't have one. to be honest, they should be on that horn talking to the suns about nash

abe_froman
07-05-2009, 12:44 AM
well the sixers need a pg badly, since they don't have one. to be honest, they should be on that horn talking to the suns about nash

or bulls about kirk(i know it wont happen but still)

KB24PG16
07-05-2009, 01:15 AM

i doubt that would happen. if they wanted nash they would probably wait til next year when he is a free agent.

superkegger
07-05-2009, 01:20 AM
i doubt that would happen. if they wanted nash they would probably wait til next year when he is a free agent.

why wait, if they can get nash, while the suns are in this odd stage, for rather cheap, maybe for dalembert(ok, probably not that cheap, but whatev), and them commit to going small and running, which i believe would suit them best, they'd be a dangerous team. brand/thad/kapono/iggy/nash would be formidable. they need a pg, and if the suns are in save money/reubild mode, nash don't fit, and if they wait a year, nash will be too expensive to sign, and too old to be worth it.

KB24PG16
07-05-2009, 01:30 AM
why wait, if they can get nash, while the suns are in this odd stage, for rather cheap, maybe for dalembert(ok, probably not that cheap, but whatev), and them commit to going small and running, which i believe would suit them best, they'd be a dangerous team. brand/thad/kapono/iggy/nash would be formidable. they need a pg, and if the suns are in save money/reubild mode, nash don't fit, and if they wait a year, nash will be too expensive to sign, and too old to be worth it.

if they trade for him right now and then next free agency nash leaves to the knicks maybe, the sixers will look like idiots

superkegger
07-05-2009, 01:33 AM
if they trade for him right now and then next free agency nash leaves to the knicks maybe, the sixers will look like idiots

Nah, if they can get him on the cheap, and hell, even shed dalembert, who is not worth his contract, its a win. if nash can propel them to contendership, its worth it. they need a pg, and if they can get a guy like nash, for relatively little, without giving up brand/thad/iggy its worth it, because they're going nowhere with dalembert, and no pg.

phila_gorilla
07-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Bibby would be awesome. Miller doesn't seem to want to be here and Bibby is prob the next best (feasible) option. It's a debate whether or not we can compete but who knows, maybe with the new acquisitions of Holliday, Kapono and the prospect of a new PG we could do something? Wishful thinking I know but gotta keep optimistic!

KB24PG16
07-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Nah, if they can get him on the cheap, and hell, even shed dalembert, who is not worth his contract, its a win. if nash can propel them to contendership, its worth it. they need a pg, and if they can get a guy like nash, for relatively little, without giving up brand/thad/iggy its worth it, because they're going nowhere with dalembert, and no pg.

if they get him for cheap then it would be fabulous trade for sixers