PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 1 yr. Plan!!

sensei
07-04-2009, 05:15 PM
With Tracy McGrady's contract expiring next season and with the horrendous injury track record Yao Ming has, it would be best not to resign either. For the FA off season of 2010 we would be in a perfect financial situation to land both Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson!...depending on how this injury riddled season goes we probably would have a decent draft pick too...tell me what yall think about this.....

Diesel44
07-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Yao's contract is a player option, meaning he can opt-out but we can't just terminate it.

alexander_37
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Chris Bosh is no were near a center which is what we need, we have 2 good PF's already.

KG2TB
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
A lot of teams are gonna be in perfect condition to sign Bosh and JJ. However I agree Mac and Yao shouldn't be resigned. Re-building time in Houston...

Burkey3472
07-04-2009, 05:58 PM
The Rockets and about 10 other teams have that idea, so its going to be hard to get 2 stars out of that FA class.

marlinsfan24
07-04-2009, 06:00 PM
2 building blocks in Ariza and Brooks.

Bring in Joe Johnson next season. Bring in a good center, such as Camby. And this team is headed in the right direction again

Brooks
Johnson
Ariza
Scola
Camby

KaganRS
07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
sucks about all the injuries you guys had ....never reached the potential ; Adelman is an awesome coach though , so it shouldnt take too much time.

Kannon81
07-04-2009, 06:28 PM
My family is in Texas and they say that next year will be the hardest to watch.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-04-2009, 06:28 PM
maybe yao stays and sign d-wade??

dee279
07-04-2009, 07:08 PM
maybe yao stays and sign d-wade??

yeah u keep dreamin on dat one.

IndyRealist
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM

Bring in Joe Johnson next season. Bring in a good center, such as Camby. And this team is headed in the right direction again

Brooks
Johnson
Ariza
Scola
Camby

Besides Johnson, that's a team of support players. 3/4/5 can't score consistently. Keep Yao, even if he never fully recovers from injury, he's such a financial boon that giving him up would be crazy. He'll still be somewhat effective because his game is dependant on size and skill, which he still has, not athletic ability.

Ebbs
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
LOL camby is done to ppl

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah u keep dreamin on dat one.

why not??
pg-aaron brroks/kyle lowry
sg-d-wade/trevor ariza/ jermaine taylor
sf-shane battier/chase budinger/james white
pf-luis scola/landry/hayes
c-yao/dorsey

EastCoastBaller
07-04-2009, 07:31 PM
My family is in Texas and they say that next year will be the hardest to watch.

That was the most random post.

dee279
07-04-2009, 07:33 PM
why not??
pg-aaron brroks/kyle lowry
sg-d-wade/trevor ariza/ jermaine taylor
sf-shane battier/chase budinger/james white
pf-luis scola/landry/hayes
c-yao/dorsey

Because if hes leaving the Heat which, he hopefully wont, he will go to his home town Chicago. Houston would be a down grade of Miami.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Because if hes leaving the Heat which, he hopefully wont, he will go to his home town Chicago. Houston would be a down grade of Miami.

you talkin about the rockets team is worse than the heat or the city of houston is worse than miami??

dee279
07-04-2009, 07:49 PM
you talkin about the rockets team is worse than the heat or the city of houston is worse than miami??

In 2010 the team will be better. Yao career could be over, Ariza is overpaid now, T mac will be gone, Aaron Brooks is good, i knew that from college. Scola is good but he aint getting younger and he already is not the most athletic person out there. Also Miami, is Wades Dream place so to him Miami is a better city then Houston. Houston wont even make the playoffs this year and Miami will. Therefore, he has no reason to want to go to Houston.

lakers sqaud
07-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Brooks
Johnson
Ariza
Scola
Camby

brooks & ariza or role players not all-stars & more than likely never will be all-stars, man how the rockets have fallen~!:(

Hawkeye15
07-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Yao has a player option for $17 million after next year. And the fact is, he makes the owner more money just paying him that, and letting him sit 82 games, than not resigning him at all. I do think they should just let TMac's deal come off, and sign Joe Johnson. They will eat crap next year, get a top 15 pick, and then can sign a center off the FA market.

KB24PG16
07-04-2009, 08:43 PM
That was the most random post.

:laugh:

alexander_37
07-04-2009, 09:18 PM
In 2010 the team will be better. Yao career could be over, Ariza is overpaid now, T mac will be gone, Aaron Brooks is good, i knew that from college. Scola is good but he aint getting younger and he already is not the most athletic person out there. Also Miami, is Wades Dream place so to him Miami is a better city then Houston. Houston wont even make the playoffs this year and Miami will. Therefore, he has no reason to want to go to Houston.

Ariza is making 5-6 million a year he is well worth that, and him being overpaid doesn't make him play any worse so ..... I don't see the problem.......

J_M_B
07-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe the Rockets can make a run at Marcin Gorat?

Ballah0liC1
07-04-2009, 11:41 PM
The Rockets and about 10 other teams have that idea, so its going to be hard to get 2 stars out of that FA class.

yeah well i quarantee bosh wants to go to his home state team, and its not like we wouldnt pay for a player like that

Hustla23
07-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Why the heck would Joe Johnson sign with Houston?

He's got it made in the ATL. Surrounded by a good, young athletic core and he'll get more money from the Hawks.

Ballah0liC1
07-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Why the heck would Joe Johnson sign with Houston?

He's got it made in the ATL. Surrounded by a good, young athletic core and he'll get more money from the Hawks.

hey anything can happen like ron artest going to la, what a slap in the face :mad:

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-05-2009, 04:39 AM

i still thimk we will make the playoffs because t-mac is gonna comeback before people expect and he is gonna be back to his old self and even if we dont get d-wade we are still gonna get two all-stars to put next to yao.if yao can still play if not we gonna get more.

dayreezy
07-05-2009, 04:58 AM
when it comes down to it u need superstars to win... i mean when have u seen an nba champion team in the past win without having at least 1 superstar... so with that in mind unless mcgrady can go injured free for a whole yr and play like old tmac...then its rebuilding time and salary dumps for the rockets... but i do agree with kenny smith.. u guys got some "pitbulls" on that team

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-05-2009, 05:23 AM
when it comes down to it u need superstars to win... i mean when have u seen an nba champion team in the past win without having at least 1 superstar... so with that in mind unless mcgrady can go injured free for a whole yr and play like old tmac...then its rebuilding time and salary dumps for the rockets... but i do agree with kenny smith.. u guys got some "pitbulls" on that team

agreed.

MadBomber
07-05-2009, 06:24 AM

Well put....they are a gritty team and you need stars to put you over the hump.