PDA

View Full Version : Bibby, Atlanta close to terms

RocketsRule
07-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Bibby was, according to league sources, close to re-signing with Atlanta on Friday, and Kidd was taking the weekend to decide between three-year offers from the Mavericks and the Knicks, with Dallas in the driver's seat.

Source: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/03/hedo.deal/index.html

Branwegner84
07-04-2009, 11:33 AM
What is your guys status with Marvin Williams?

SB75
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
ESPN News bottom line is reporting it's a three year deal. With the way they have been reporting, I need to see the ink dry.

akagiredsuns
07-04-2009, 05:33 PM
jason kidd is staying in dallas 3yrs $25M as for bibby him and amare would be a dangerous 1-2 punch. but to give up josh smith along with crawford and that teague guy i think thats a bit much.

jwn0303
07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
crawford won't be flipped for anyone.. the hawks got him so they could get a huge boost off the bench.. and that's what he's going to do.. an improving trio of marvin, smith, and horford.. to go along with a veteran core of bibby, johnson, and crawford.. then jeff teague as the backup point.. the team needs a solid backup big man to contend for the eastern finals.. we'll see what happens

SkyFlyHawk
07-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

kiznarl
07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
crawford won't be flipped for anyone.. the hawks got him so they could get a huge boost off the bench.. and that's what he's going to do.. an improving trio of marvin, smith, and horford.. to go along with a veteran core of bibby, johnson, and crawford.. then jeff teague as the backup point.. the team needs a solid backup big man to contend for the eastern finals.. we'll see what happens

agreed, i think anderson is goin to surprise some people not starting material but a solid big off the bench alongside pachulia. i think our best bet would be to see how were placed at the trade deadline and see if we can snag a solid big from a team out of contention as theres not many avail in free agency or avail without trading 1 of our starters.

jjfan122
07-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Sources around espn reported a few days ago that mike is going to resign with the team for 3 years. He also reportedly refused to sign a offer with the 76ers. Now first, nobody really heard much about this, but i saw it on sportcenter's bottom line news ticker. And second, if this is true, then this is obviously good news and now gm Rick Sund can now focus on resign marvin.

P.S. I also found another link mentioning the same thing
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/49903252.html?cmpid=15585797

jdiddy24
07-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Mike Bibby has agreed to a three-year deal worth about $18 million to return to the Atlanta Hawks, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported, citing two sources familiar with the situation.

Bibby, a free agent, has led the Hawks to back-to-back playoff appearances and averaged 14.9 points and 5.0 assists per game last season. An 11-year NBA veteran, he joined the Hawks in a trade deadline deal in 2008.

The Hawks won 47 games last season, winning their opening-round series with the Miami Heat before bowing out to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second round.

The deal kicks off what could be a busy free agent signing period for the Hawks. Team GM Rick Sund was scheduled to fly to Washington on Tuesday to meet with representatives with restricted free agents Marvin Williams and Josh Childress and unrestricted free agent Zaza Pachulia, the newspaper reported.

signed for 3 yr/$18M... not bad at all

Monkeyfumes
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm excited, that price is fantastic. That gives us plenty of cap room to sign Marvin, ZaZa and another Big guy hopefully(maybe FA Wilcox or mcdyss) Thanks Bibby

SB75
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Well this falls right in-line with the numbers I posted last week. So as promised I won't complain.