PDA

View Full Version : Shaq not motivated to win his 5th ring..?

DieselPowered32
07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
......AS IF have a look at the shape he is in... his got himself fit and healthy
he Looks fitter than ever * THESE PICS ARE NOT PHOTOSHOPPED* their official pics from NBA.com and also from the CAVS official nba website. They were taken the day Shaq got presented to the media

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/shaqjersey/images/shaq5.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/shaqjersey/images/shaq3.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/shaqjersey/images/shaq1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/shaqjersey/images/shaq4.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/shaqjersey/images/shaq6.jpg

TheKing23
07-04-2009, 07:34 AM
He does look in cracking shape,

And due to the trade being done so early in the offseason, he's now got longer to further improve his fitness and acclimatise himself to the Cavs and their brand of basketball.

Looking forward to the end of October now!

JordansBulls
07-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Nice to see. Something to know is that Karl Malone was still good at 37 as well. Hopefully Shaq can get 20 and 8 as a 37 year old. Hell Malone was still getting 23 and 8 at 37 years old.

prodigy
07-04-2009, 09:42 AM
shaq will love the cavs system.

People who are talking bad about shaq are just either shaq haters or cavs haters, Theirs alot of them on here.

IndiansFan337
07-04-2009, 11:32 AM
He does certainly look slim, by his standards.

That is very good to see in early July. I didn't want to see him coming into training camp trying to lose 20-25 lbs. between then & the start of the season. Hopefully he can lessen the load on LeBron this season.

Nice to see. Something to know is that Karl Malone was still good at 37 as well. Hopefully Shaq can get 20 and 8 as a 37 year old. Hell Malone was still getting 23 and 8 at 37 years old.
Well, I don't think that he will get enough PT to reach 20 ppg. The Cavs actually had over 10 games last season where the key guys did not play at all in the 4th qtr because they already had a 20+ pt lead. Things like that can kill stats, such as ppg. So I won't necessarily be looking at his stats when judging how well Shaq plays. I think a lot of non-Cavs fans may just look at his stats & say that he's slowing down & he's declining, even if that is not truly the case.

If he gets 15/7, I will be very happy. Z is going to play 20-25 mpg, so Shaq can't expect to be getting more than 28 mpg. It's hard to put up more than 15 ppg in that amount of PT. I do think LBJ will get Shaq easy dunks though with his uncanny passing ability. I always remember LeBron drawing a double team & hitting Drew Gooden in the face with passes that he was not expecting. Shaq will catch those passes, and throw them down with authority.

JJ81
07-04-2009, 11:42 AM
He's on a personal mission on behalf of Kobe to destroy LeBron and the Cavs.

mitch91
07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
those were my first thoughts when i saw the pics, the guy looks in shape, i think some of that can be credited to the staff at the suns who do a great job keeping some of the elder players in shape and healthy.

i think shaq will have a huge impact on the suns. i think arouns 15/16 and 8/9 this season. roughly what he got at the suns. he won the suns some games, he had some huge games last year for the suns!

P.I.
07-04-2009, 11:55 AM
You have to be in shape to play with the Suns system.

TheHeat3
07-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Can't wait for Shaq to bash Mike Brown for the coach he is. Once he finds out all of the offensive plays are "give LeBron the ball".... Drama will instill once again.

Teeboy1487
07-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry, but this thread belongs in the cleveland forum. Shaq has been in shape the last few years, so very pointless thread.

Storch
07-04-2009, 12:09 PM
We'll see what happens when he's sprinting up and down the court chasing DHoward and Pau Gasol.

500 Level
07-04-2009, 12:12 PM
*BREAKING NEWS*

A Professional athlete is in shape!!!

MoBASS
07-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Photoshopped.

RaptorsFanatic
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Imagine getting full blown with those biceps.

GCOOKIE7
07-04-2009, 01:54 PM
He;s motivated to win LeBron his first... then he's gonna get Carmello one.... then Brandon Roy... then Kevin Durant... ect

MAC10TIZZY
07-04-2009, 01:59 PM
dude he looks great (no homo)...it would be great to say shaq back, just as long as he doesn't beat me

Trouble87
07-04-2009, 02:06 PM
uh oh! he's Shaq Diesel for a reason now!

good to see him taking his conditioning more seriously

SpeeMN
07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Lebron drives the lane! gets triple teamed and passes it off to a wide open Shaq for the dunk! Its going to be as easy as its ever been for Shaq. He doesn't need to be in shape with lebron on the team. Shaq will average whatever Coach Lebron wants him to average, along with the rest of the team... and Assistant Coach Brown will have some say in it.

dre1990
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Photoshopped.

I was thinking the same thing...

Vee-Rex
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Lebron drives the lane! gets triple teamed and passes it off to a wide open Shaq for the dunk! Its going to be as easy as its ever been for Shaq. He doesn't need to be in shape with lebron on the team. Shaq will average whatever Coach Lebron wants him to average, along with the rest of the team... and Assistant Coach Brown will have some say in it.

lol too true

Also, those pics are definitely photoshopped.

artest_kobe
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
must be photoshopped

gangis2169
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
*BREAKING NEWS*

A Professional athlete is in shape!!!

LOL that's the best thing I've seen in all the post I've read all day!!! Nice!

gangis2169
07-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Lebron drives to the lane... Oh Wait he can't cause there's a FAT ****** in the way. Ok change it up and hit the jumper outside on the paint we're he has consistently shot between 28 - 32% since he has been in the league. Its gonna be a great year. I personally can't wait for this year! lol

BlinkManJan02
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
he looked thinner to me

DieselPowered32
07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey guys the pics aren't "photoshopped" there up on NBA.com and on the CAVS official website, they were taken in Cleveland when he got presented to the media. Some people just can't give Shaq credit just a little bit for keeping himself in shape at the age of 37...instead they just blow it off and call him fat or say the pics are photoshopped which there not.

DieselPowered32
07-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Shaq is serious and in tremendous shape for his age, people keep saying that shaq isn't gonna be content being the so called second banana on this team and in having Lebron do his thing...are u kidding me. Hello are we forgetting how well he complimented and helped DWade when he was in miami, Shaq knows in this case just like D Wade, Lebron is a special player and that this is his team.

When he was with the Suns he had a PF in Amare who didn't play any defence and whined about not being "the man" on the team when he couldn't be bothered rebounding and playing any defence. Then he had an old Point guard in Nash who is way too slow now to keep any young guard in front of him to play any defence. This team never bought into the defensive mindset you must have to win a ring. All of this is not the case in cleveland

RaidLakeDodgers
07-04-2009, 03:40 PM
He;s motivated to win LeBron his first... then he's gonna get Carmello one.... then Brandon Roy... then Kevin Durant... ect
LOL....he's on his good will tour..:):rolleyes: