PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Overrated?

24/7
07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Look, Shaq is super old, and way past his prime. Didn't Anderson Varejao leave? Besides, Lebron, who else can make their own shot on the perimiter?

I really feel like Cavs are very flawed... and in my opinion... I really don't see them in the top 3 in the east.

1. Magic
2. Bosoton
3. Pistons
4. Cavs

SimonRath
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Williams, i still live Gibson personally

ko8e24
07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
woof! this is gonna get real ugly.

In before the close...yes, they are overrated, but not if the zebras and king james' jesters got anything to say bout it

IDB Josh M
07-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Mo Williams needs to step up his game. He's not an all-star, he's an all-star replacement. Shaq may be old, but he still commands a decent double team, giving lebron the chance to be a good one on one player.

Cavs are overrated in the sense that people think they are a run-away for the Eastern Conference.

24/7
07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Mo Williams needs to step up his game. He's not an all-star, he's an all-star replacement. Shaq may be old, but he still commands a decent double team, giving lebron the chance to be a good one on one player.

Cavs are overrated in the sense that people think they are a run-away for the Eastern Conference.

Exactly... I don't see them as a favorite at all...

phillychi009
07-03-2009, 09:44 PM
All i have to say is pick and roll!

jeffvdone
07-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Look, Shaq is super old, and way past his prime. Didn't Anderson Varejao leave? Besides, Lebron, who else can make their own shot on the perimiter?

I really feel like Cavs are very flawed... and in my opinion... I really don't see them in the top 3 in the east.

1. Magic
2. Bosoton
3. Pistons
4. Cavs

YOUR RIGHT...they probably are overrated what is 66 wins these days.

dee279
07-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Detroit better then Cleveland? LOL

toronto_JazzFan
07-03-2009, 09:50 PM

66 wins is nothing when you get the easiest scheduale, and your playing other teams while they have injuries, another lebron dic rider.

gswlal
07-03-2009, 09:51 PM
NO NO NO
ITS THE MAGIC IS EVERYONE OVERATING CLEAVLAND WILL DO FINE
1.Bos
2Cle
3 TOR

24/7
07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
PG Nelson
SG Carter
SF Lewis

and DWIGHT...

that's four very awesome players.

Cleveland has LeBron and a washed up Shaq.

Zefflin
Boston
Magic/Cavs
the rest

ItsTheLastAce
TOR? what makes you think theyll do better than the magic?

KB24PG16
no i dont believe that they are overrated but i think that they will win the east easily this year like last year

D Roses Bulls
07-03-2009, 09:55 PM
NO NO NO
ITS THE MAGIC IS EVERYONE OVERATING CLEAVLAND WILL DO FINE
1.Bos
2Cle
3 TOR

WHAT???? they just made the finals. a lot of people are under rating the carter transition and they have the best center and arguably a top 8 to 10 point guard who is an all star and rashard lewis. what are you smoking to put toronto ahead of them.

anyways cleveland i think is overrated. yes, they are a good team, but not as good as the magic or boston.

ItsTheLastAce
07-03-2009, 10:02 PM

ding ding ding right on the money

Mckphins
07-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Any team with lebron aint overrated! Hes that good and can carry any team! Shaqs still got something in the tank to

AMC31
07-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I am a Cavs fan, and I do think the media is overating us, we still are missing ALOT, but I still think we will finish above the Magic since they lost 3 starters from the team that beat us, plus the Cavs are very good at defending Vince:

Mar 25 @ CLE 7 - 21 20 pts
Mar 22 vs. CLE 11 - 23 25 pts
Nov 18 vs. CLE 3 - 12 12pts

Storch
07-03-2009, 10:20 PM
All of the teams in the NBA are overrated.

prodigy
07-03-2009, 10:23 PM
wow lol, Another topic for people to hate on cleveland, SHOCKER!!!

First off, how in the world are the pistons 3rd? did the cavs not smack the pants off those guys(wanted to say alot worse)?? When the cavs were trying to get charlie V, everyone said he was overrated, now he is a huge difference maker?? NO!!!! Gordon is a ballhog, and rich will have to be moved.

celtics are not above the cavs until garnett proves he is healthy and ready to go.

The cavs had the best record last season without shaq. How does he make them worse? for real. If the cavs can land dyess and daniels or parker, they will be the best team in the east.

P.S. the lakers have already declared themselfs as the 2009-2010 champs, yet the cavs are overrated?? WOW!!!

1. lakers
2. cavs
3. celtics
4. portland
5. magic( got worse)

pistons

24/7
07-03-2009, 10:26 PM
wow lol, Another topic for people to hate on cleveland, SHOCKER!!!

First off, how in the world are the pistons 3rd? did the cavs not smack the pants off those guys(wanted to say alot worse)?? When the cavs were trying to get charlie V, everyone said he was overrated, now he is a huge difference maker?? NO!!!! Gordon is a ballhog, and rich will have to be moved.

celtics are not above the cavs until garnett proves he is healthy and ready to go.

The cavs had the best record last season without shaq. How does he make them worse? for real. If the cavs can land dyess and daniels or parker, they will be the best team in the east.

P.S. the lakers have already declared themselfs as the 2009-2010 champs, yet hte cavs are overrated?? WOW!!!

1. lakers
2. cavs
3. celtics
4. portland
5. magic( got worse)

pistons

Do you not see how OLD AND WASHED UP Shaq is? How in the world can the Cavs guard Dwight Howard? They have done nothing to address their problems.

prodigy
07-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Do you not see how OLD AND WASHED UP Shaq is? How in the world can the Cavs guard Dwight Howard? They have done nothing to address their problems.

I saw 16-8-1 61%. dang, can I be washed up to?

24/7
07-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I saw 16-8-1 61%. dang, can I be washed up to?

How did the Cavs address their inability to guard Dwight?

dre1990
07-03-2009, 10:33 PM

1. Magic
2. Bosoton
3. Pistons
4. Cavs

They are overrated, but still a good team. As a Piston fan, I dont see us bein better than them next year though. I think Boston will lock up the #1 seed and the cavs will be fighting Orlando for the 2 seed

effen5
07-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I dont think Shaq can stop Dwight next year but thats my opinion.

BkOriginalOne
07-03-2009, 10:43 PM
They Cavs have Lebron and that's it.
They never built a solid team around him. ALL he really needs is a stud cast of Role Players. Guys like James Posey, Raja Bell, Shane Battier at every other position. Do it all guys who can perform under pressure.

prodigy
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Shaq will not shut down Howard. Thats common since. We are hoping he can make howard work for his rebounds and points. Because it was just to easy this past season. If he can do that, then we won't need to double him, so lebron, mo, west, can stay with their man.

Plus cavs own vince carter, and the height mismatch they once had is now gone. magic are not impressive at all now.

markhebert42
07-03-2009, 10:50 PM

but they play a lot of dogs during the regs.

markhebert42
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
They are overrated, but still a good team. As a Piston fan, I dont see us bein better than them next year though. I think Boston will lock up the #1 seed and the cavs will be fighting Orlando for the 2 seed

digging the avatar.

prodigy
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
but they play a lot of dogs during the regs.

What???

SeoulBeatz
07-03-2009, 10:56 PM
woof! this is gonna get real ugly.

In before the close...yes, they are overrated, but not if the zebras and king james' jesters got anything to say bout it

jesus, the kobe dick riding continues.

i respect both players equally and think they are 1A and 1B as the top 2 players in the league.

stop with that blatant/ignorant hating.

prodigy
07-03-2009, 10:59 PM
jesus, the kobe dick riding continues.

i respect both players equally and think they are 1A and 1B as the top 2 players in the league.

stop with that blatant/ignorant hating.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Fayzon10
07-03-2009, 11:06 PM
YOUR RIGHT...they probably are overrated what is 66 wins these days. The Sacramento Kings when they were good, always had a great regular season record but they just couldn't get over the hump so to say.

Fayzon10
07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
no i dont believe that they are overrated but i think that they will win the east easily this year like last year I thought Orlando won the East??:shrug:

NBAdyNASTY
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't know if they're overrated, but they are definitely not the favorite to win it all now that the Lakers have Artest IMO.
I would say....
1.Lakers
2.Boston
3.Cleveland

Kody
07-03-2009, 11:23 PM
you can't call the best record in the NBA overrated with a far less talented team then LA or ORL or even BOS.

now they added shaq who isn't washed up as you seem to think, his numbers in phoenix were quite good considering the coaching fiasco's and constant system changning, when he was there he was in a system he wasnt built for, then he was switched to a system more his style but without the supporting cast.

atleast now he's in cleveland with an offensive system that fits his style and his ability to pass out of the double team and work into the low post.

as for ORL being better, they lost courtney lee, turk and marcan gortat. lee was their best perimiter defender, hedo was their best shot maker and gortat was a very solid backup for all the games d12 gets into foul trouble. they lose all of that for VC who the cavs match up tons better with, with delonte west.

dre1990
07-03-2009, 11:24 PM
digging the avatar.

Xeroprime99
07-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Unless Cle can make some allstar trade, the outcome of their REGULAR SEASON (Cle fans please remember that the Lakers had 1 loss behind you and play a Harder Schedule) will be the same. Shaq cannot Defend the Pick and Roll. He wont get more then 20-25 touches. and we'll see another Playoff Series (Probably against Orl.) where Lebron puts up Super Human Numbers only to walk out of the Arena and get Fined for crying. Anybody Remember Brendon Hayward talkin about Lebron whining a few years ago? I think he was on to something.

Kody
07-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Unless Cle can make some allstar trade, the outcome of their REGULAR SEASON (Cle fans please remember that the Lakers had 1 loss behind you and play a Harder Schedule) will be the same. Shaq cannot Defend the Pick and Roll. He wont get more then 20-25 touches. and we'll see another Playoff Series (Probably against Orl.) where Lebron puts up Super Human Numbers only to walk out of the Arena and get Fined for crying. Anybody Remember Brendon Hayward talkin about Lebron whining a few years ago? I think he was on to something.

wouldn't you be pissed if you worked your *** off for 6 games and still lost because of size mismatches?

the only reason orlando's pick and roll killed the cavs was because of the size using it, being hedo is 6'10 and running it with a 7 ft D12. So all he had to do was really throw over the head of a smaller Delonte west to get the ball to D12

the cavs didnt have problems with the pick and roll at all going into that series, it was just ORL and there size mismatches. But they don't have that anymore which should make the cavs the favorites over them

GspLAL
07-04-2009, 12:04 AM
wouldn't you be pissed if you worked your *** off for 6 games and still lost because of size mismatches?

the only reason orlando's pick and roll killed the cavs was because of the size using it, being hedo is 6'10 and running it with a 7 ft D12. So all he had to do was really throw over the head of a smaller Delonte west to get the ball to D12

the cavs didnt have problems with the pick and roll at all going into that series, it was just ORL and there size mismatches. But they don't have that anymore which should make the cavs the favorites over them

Wont you be pissed if you blew a 24 point lead in the finals? Lost the last game in an embarrassing fashion? Have your team disappear on you? Yeah Kobe would, but he still shook hands and congratulated the other team.

jrosborn
07-04-2009, 12:05 AM
This thread is absolutely ridiculous. With 66 wins and the best overall record in the NBA regular season... Yeah the Cavs are overrated. Ok, they didn't make it to the "ship" but the Magic played better then anyone could have imagined.

Yeah, Shaq's overrated... Are you kidding me?!? He had his highest point total since the '04 season, led the NBA in the FG percentage, and played 75 games. Oh, ya he was also the All-Star MVP over Kobe Bryant. Shaq is in great shape for his age and is ready to win a championship for LBJ like he did with Kobe (all three years) and Wade.

Next Year:
1. CAVS - Bring in possibly one of the top 5 centers in the history of the NBA on a team with the league MVP. AND if they bring in possibly shawn marion or anthony carter. sounds like the equation for a championship
2. BOSTON - You want to talk about overrated.... lets talk PAUL PIERCE!
3. MAGIC - Hedo, Lee, and Gortat are gone, VC is coming in and no one knows how he's gonna hold up with this fast offense. Howard and Lewis are the only two real threats they have.
4. DETROIT - A dying franchise that thinks bringing two scorer only's is going help a coachless. Wallace and is gone, Hamilton is going to be traded, and with no big man and a bunch of selfish shooters (stuckey, A.I., gordon, prince, and even villineuva). theyre gonna end up in 4th probably 5th behind Toronto.

Yanks All Day
07-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Cleveland may be a bit overrated if you say they are bound to win it all this year, but other than that, no. They should not be considered favorites because they got Shaq, but it's a huge acquisition. He is far from washed up, and still commands a double team. Just having that presence alone makes you a better team. Hey, they traded Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovich for Shaq, there is no way you can tell me that Cleveland is not better after the trade. A motivated Shaq can be scary for opposing big men. I wouldn't say they are destined to win this year, but definitely won't rule them out. They will finish top 2 in the East this year, and should have a good chance to win it all. Keeping the core of a 66 win team and adding one of the best big men in history can't possibly hurt. Oh, did I mention they had LeBron James?

As for the Eastern favorites.. People seem to forget that Boston should be fully healthy. A healthy KG, a more experienced young core (i.e. Rondo, Davis, Powe) and still very effective scorers in Pierce and Allen should make them the favorite. If Boston wasn't so injury-ridden last year they probably would have outed the Magic in the playoffs. I don't care that the stars are getting old, they still have emerging stars that are growing up together with veteran leadership. Veterans who can still play at all-star levels, might I add. So Boston should be the favorites in the East.

The favorites overall should be the Lakers. They have arguably the best player on the planet with TWO athletic 7 footers and a bunch of shooters. The addition of Ron Artest should make up for losing Ariza, since they play virtually the same type of game. Trevor signing in Houston just hurts the Lakers in the long run, IMO. However, if Lamar Odom leaves them then this could be a whole nother story. He created matchup problems for virtually every team he played. Losing him would hurt alot. Still, the Lakers are a matchup problem for every team. Kobe needs to be doubled/tripled, Gasol should be doubled, Bynum can be a beast when healthy. Favorites. Period.

As for Orlando... Orlando lost Lee and Hedo, and I could be wrong but think Gortat might have signed somewhere else. Those are 3 big losses. Also, they were simply a matchup nightmare for Cleveland, but losing those players and Cleveland adding Shaq really helps level the playing field a bit. They also played the 2 series of their lives against Boston and Cleveland before flaming out to LA. Live by the 3, and die by the 3. Too risky, IMO. Living in New York, I get to see Vince Carter play every night and he is one of the most overrated players in the league nowadays. He goes into chuck mode fairly easily and is not the playmaker he once was. Losing one of your best defenders in Lee and your best playmaker in Hedo for a player who is extremely streaky can't possibly make you that much better.

The team no one seems to be remembering here is San Antonio. Like Boston, they were very hurt this year. Now, they have Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker fully healthy again, and added an all-star calibur player in Richard Jefferson. That's a big four right there. They also had the steal of the draft in DeJuan Blair, and possibly Jack McClinton, who can shoot the lights out of a gym. San Antonio also has great role players for their system in Mason and Bonner. Well, Bonner is not that good, but he can help stretch a floor a bit. If this team stays healthy, don't be surprised if San Antonio takes it all this year.

I'm not quite sure if the Nuggets run was a fluke last year, or the legit start of something really good for them, So I can't try to analyze them. Rockets seem to be getting much worse. And whoever said the Pistons are ahead of the Cavs is smoking something amazing. Gordon and Villanueva are a good start, but they still need more. Not too many other teams come to mind as serious contenders right now other than these 5.... Sorry if I missed any.

West: Lakers- Spurs finish 1-2
East: Boston-Cleveland-Orlando finish 1-2-3

bogdanrom
07-04-2009, 01:21 AM

1. Magic
2. Bosoton
3. Pistons
4. Cavs

Personally I think they are a little overrated, but that's what you get when you have LBJ on your team. But I still think they're going to be a top 3 team in the East. Also the Pistons at 3? They're going to be better but really 3rd?

The Prodigy
07-04-2009, 01:50 AM

Their record just covers up how bad they are. They struggled against the good teams on their own home court and lost to them on the road. Also from top to bottom none of their players would start on any playoff team last year besides Mo Williams if he went to the heat and Lebron James would start for any team obviously.