PDA

View Full Version : Robert Swift

SB75
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm throwing his name out their again, because we do need young big's. While I would still support the signings of Zaza, McDysse or Bass the other big's seem out of reach for us. I would really like to see the Hawks sign McDysse or Zaza and then this kid Swift. Face it Randolph isn't going to log any time in Woody's system. He's just not athletic enough, This kid has the athleticism Woody likes in his big's. He's also 7'1 and 270. His numbers are mediocre at best, but anyone who has seen him play will see the talent. His numbers are also very similar to a guy some of you wanted in Gortrat. Not claiming Swift will be the savior at center, However I do think he would get more and do more with the minutes than Solo. He should also come at a very reasonable price. Your thoughts?

CDAWG
07-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm throwing his name out their again, because we do need young big's. While I would still support the signings of Zaza, McDysse or Bass the other big's seem out of reach for us. I would really like to see the Hawks sign McDysse or Zaza and then this kid Swift. Face it Randolph isn't going to log any time in Woody's system. He's just not athletic enough, This kid has the athleticism Woody likes in his big's. He's also 7'1 and 270. His numbers are mediocre at best, but anyone who has seen him play will see the talent. His numbers are also very similar to a guy some of you wanted in Gortrat. Not claiming Swift will be the savior at center, However I do think he would get more and do more with the minutes than Solo. He should also come at a very reasonable price. Your thoughts?

I think this would be a good move. We could get him cheap, he is only 24 yrs. and would be a upgrade over Randolph. If you equate his numbers over a 36 minute game they are not bad. I would also look at bringing in David Andersen from overseas. He is also a 7 footer that can shoot and we own his rights! If we sign Zaza then we have 3 decent bigs to rotate.

bravesfan22193
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Sund was the guy to draft him as well so he's familiar

SB75
07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Sund was the guy to draft him as well so he's familiar

Yep....

ATL_Representa
07-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Ill pass on this idea..Dude is a bum and will always be a bum!

Grizzly Adams
07-05-2009, 01:58 AM
He is on the Celtics roster at the moment for the summer league.

Source: http://www.celticsblog.com/2009/7/1/...-for?ref=yahoo

SB75
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
He is on the Celtics roster at the moment for the summer league.

Source: http://www.celticsblog.com/2009/7/1/...-for?ref=yahoo

Link doesn't work.

ugadawgsfan17
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh good. Love me some stiff white centers!

SB75
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
oh good. Love me some stiff white centers!

wow?

ugadawgsfan17
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
wow?

It's sarcasm. He hasn't shown anything, and is not exactly a big upgrade over Randolph Morris

SB75
07-12-2009, 03:42 PM
It's sarcasm. He hasn't shown anything, and is not exactly a big upgrade over Randolph Morris

I have to disagree, In his second year he showed considerable promise when given the minutes. He averaged 6.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 21 minutes a game. I don't know what happened to between then and now, but those would be welcomed numbers to our bench. So I think he is an up grade over Morris. He's not the savor, just someone I'd rather have than Morris, Gardner, and Solo.

hawksfactor
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I have to disagree, In his second year he showed considerable promise when given the minutes. He averaged 6.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 21 minutes a game. I don't know what happened to between then and now, but those would be welcomed numbers to our bench. So I think he is an up grade over Morris. He's not the savor, just someone I'd rather have than Morris, Gardner, and Solo.

I'm assuming that you've never actually seen this guy play. He just stands under the basket and grabs rebounds, not that hard when you are 7'1 270 and have long arms like he does. He wouldn't bring anything to the Hawks, he isn't better nor is he worse than Morris. All he would do is sit on the bench and create a logjam full of below average players at the center position.

SB75
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm assuming that you've never actually seen this guy play. He just stands under the basket and grabs rebounds, not that hard when you are 7'1 270 and have long arms like he does. He wouldn't bring anything to the Hawks, he isn't better nor is he worse than Morris. All he would do is sit on the bench and create a logjam full of below average players at the center position.

LMAO...... Dude I wouldn't comment on someone I've never seen play. And I'm assuming you have never seen him play. I did watch him in the McDonalds game and I did see him in about 10 to 15 games his second year. He has some post moves. Unlike Randolph he does grab rebounds and play a little defense. GUYS I'M NOT SAYING HE'S THE ANSWER AT CENTER. HE'S JUST BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAD ON THE ROSTER COMING OFF THE BECH LAST YEAR ( OUTSIDE OF ZAZA). I know you guys want to rip any one who isn't a star, but we do need another big to come off the bench and play 10 to 15 min a night. No star player wants to do that. You either go vets on their last legs, or young's with upside that have not proven themselves yet, to feel this role. With Bass, Gortrat, McDysse already gone give me a guy that could come in and play those min's, and that would want that role. This kid is better than Solo, Morris, and Gardner. I would feel more comfortable with him on the floor than the three listed above.

bmac_121
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I kind of like the idea of this signing, but i just don't see it happening. Solo has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons and has shown he is capable of playing. I don't think Swift is that big, if any, of an upgrade over him. I don't see management getting rid of Solomon primarilly because of his cost and his potential. And since I don't see solo leaving, if we were to sign Swift he wouldn't play at all

ugadawgsfan17
07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
LMAO...... Dude I wouldn't comment on someone I've never seen play. And I'm assuming you have never seen him play. I did watch him in the McDonalds game and I did see him in about 10 to 15 games his second year. He has some post moves. Unlike Randolph he does grab rebounds and play a little defense. GUYS I'M NOT SAYING HE'S THE ANSWER AT CENTER. HE'S JUST BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAD ON THE ROSTER COMING OFF THE BECH LAST YEAR ( OUTSIDE OF ZAZA). I know you guys want to rip any one who isn't a star, but we do need another big to come off the bench and play 10 to 15 min a night. No star player wants to do that. You either go vets on their last legs, or young's with upside that have not proven themselves yet, to feel this role. With Bass, Gortrat, McDysse already gone give me a guy that could come in and play those min's, and that would want that role. This kid is better than Solo, Morris, and Gardner. I would feel more comfortable with him on the floor than the three listed above.

Not necessarily. He barely played on a Thunder team that needed a center badly. We resigned Zaza, and Morris/Solo were ok last year, so what's the point of wasting cap space on ANOTHER below average center. We already have Zaza backing up Horford, why do we need Swift when we have two centers of similar skills already, so I think we'd be better off not wasting money on Swift when we could be using that money elsewhere for more productive reasons

SB75
07-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Not necessarily. He barely played on a Thunder team that needed a center badly. We resigned Zaza, and Morris/Solo were ok last year, so what's the point of wasting cap space on ANOTHER below average center. We already have Zaza backing up Horford, why do we need Swift when we have two centers of similar skills already, so I think we'd be better off not wasting money on Swift when we could be using that money elsewhere for more productive reasons

I can understand your point. I do not know what happened to him last year, it's a mystery. But my point in disagreeing is that IMO he is better than both Solo and Morris. He will also likely come at the same price. No sweat man just an idea for another big. I don't think it would make sense to add another guard or swing man, so my vote is for another big. If you guys have reasonable players that can be gotten for a cheap price throw their names out.