View Full Version : Trade Idea

Ty Fast
07-03-2009, 11:40 AM
To Detroit - Tyson Chandler
To New Orleans - Rip Hamilton
Thoughts?

JDizzle
07-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm a hornets fan i would do it in a heart beat... i think tho something else would have to be in the package tho like put peja in there for something else or butler cause the hornets will be loaded with guards and not enough frontcourt power if they did that traight up example. paul,brown, daniels,peterson, throthon collison, butler.... but i take rip in a heart beat

Sportfan
07-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Hornets would win this, a future 1st or another decent player would be needed

mitch91
07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
i think its good for both teams, though i dont see hornets doing it...not because they would want more for tyson or anything, but because they basically traded tyson for nothing last year, they are looking to shed some camp, as they had the highest payroll in the league and rip is set to make another 40mil or so

Wilson
07-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Rip would work perfectly next to Paul, and we know they're happy to lose Chandler. I like it.

darktray
07-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Would be a good trade for both teams. The Pistons get much needed front court help with an expiring contract. The Hornets get a good shooter that I think will work well with CP3

cmacmath
07-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I think its a GREAT trade idea...I heard it somewhere on PTI or something and I'm glad you made a post about it because the Hornets definately need an upgrade at SG from either Mo Pete (07) and Butler (08) and Rip would definately give them that and be a perfect compliment next to Paul who would elevate Rips game and the Pistons are desperate for a big man since McDyess and Sheed both aren't coming back leaving them wit only Kwame and Maxiell...

Potential 09 Lineups

Hornets:
PG - Paul
SG - Rip
SF - Peja (or butler)
PF - West
C - Hilton (or Bass trying to sign) Hornets played much of season without Chandler here anyway

Pistons:
PG - Stuckey
SG - Gordon
SF - Prince
PF - Villanueva
C - Chandler

I think it helps the Hornets more and makes them a VERY strong team, but makes the pistons a Magic kind of team with atheletic 3 and 4 who can dribble and shoot...

JWO35
07-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Great trade for both teams, we need a Center and the Hornets need a SG :up:

TheChosenOne88
07-03-2009, 12:20 PM
It won't happen, the Hornets have the highest payroll going into next season. They will give him and Peja away to the highest bidder.

mitch91
07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
It won't happen, the Hornets have the highest payroll going into next season. They will give him and Peja away to the highest bidder.

i said the exact same thing!

yes as everyone has stated it helps both teams...though hornets dont want another huge contract

bossup2
07-03-2009, 12:29 PM
ive heard rumors of a trade sending maxiell and brown to NO

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/26214/pistons_arent_done_making_moves

IndyRealist
07-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Great trade, period. If neither team has looked into this, one of them should.