PDA

View Full Version : Teams stacking up and how they can improve

I Stole Home
07-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Since the draft and the free agent signing period teams have improved more than iI have ever seen...

I willl name some teams,

Los Angeles Lakers:The best team by far,Addition of Ron Artest who is a shutdown defender and a lethal sidekick to Kobe and Pau will be huge and a very good move,but as Artest left Houston Ariza left LA for the Rockets, Losing Ariza means losing a very talented young player who is a very good shooter and defender but still I rather have a proven veteran like Artest.I see the Lakers having a great season but i can see them making a another title run with the resigning of Lamar Odom becuase in the playoffs this year the LAkers went as far as Odom took them.

Orlando Magic:The addition of Vince Carter was a very good move Vc will average atleast 18+ppg.The loss of Rafear Alston means that Jameer Nelson now is the leader along with Dwight. The loss of Hedo to the Raptors or Blazers will hurt and leave a big hole. Also IMO the Magic need to resign Gortat who is a very good role player and could help them make a playoff run. But for this season I cant see the Magic making it back to the finals.

Cleveland Cavaliers:The addition of Shaq will help but I think that tjhe Cavs if they are serious about keeping Lebron have to sign Lamar Odom he would fit in perfectly with Mike Brown's system a lineup of: Mo Will,Delonte West,Lebron James,Lamar Odom and Shaquille Oneal with Big Z off the bench is a great team and if the Cavs get Odom i would pick them to win the Finals but without odom or another very good player I see them LOSING IN THE FINALS.

Those were the first 3...I will do more soon and If i missed anything let me know

I Stole Home
07-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Gortat has verbally commited to Dallas so Orlando takes another blow.

J-Relo
07-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Orlando got Carter, but lost Hedo, Alston, Lee and Battee... and possibly Gortat...

kblo247
07-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Don't take this wrong as I am a Lakers fan through and through I would do the following if I was the other teams.

Orlando
- sign Iverson to be your 6th man and Let Pietrius start with Carter and Nelson

Cavs
- sign Marion to be the forward next to Lebron for the MLE and boost his ego by having Lebron and Shaq court him like Kobe/Lamar with Lebron

Raptors
- sign Lee and trade Bosh for Beasley/Haslem

Thunder
- Milsap

Knicks
- Trade for T-Mac

Spurs
- sign Sheed

Celtics
- split MLE between Dice and Marbury

Miami
- Sign Kidd with the MLE and package JO/Chalmers to Phoenix for Amare and Hill

Jazz
- Make a play for Gooden

Hornets
- sign Pargo

I Stole Home
07-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Well lets see
Iverson wont want to be a 6th man
Im not really aware of the Marion situation to tell the truth
lee is going to OKC IMO
Not sure bout Milli but he would fit in well wit OKC
As a Knick fan i dont like Tmac i rather get Jay Kidd
Sheed to the Spurs sounds intersting

As for the rest except the Kidd 1 i would agree with

ZebraCity916
07-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Orlando is in trouble. I don't think they're a top 3 team in the East anymore. Their starting line-up is good but their bench sucks.

Starting line-up:

PG-Jameer Nelson
SG-Mickael Pietrus
SF-Vince Carter
PF-Rashard Lewis
C-Dwight Howard

Bench:
PG-Anthony Johnson/Tyronn Lue
SG-J.J. Reddick
SF-Jeremy Richardson
PF-Ryan Anderson
C-Adonal Foyle

That's if Gortat and Turkoglu leave like they're suppose to.

ZebraCity916
07-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Since the draft and the free agent signing period teams have improved more than iI have ever seen...

I willl name some teams,

Los Angeles Lakers:The best team by far,Addition of Ron Artest who is a shutdown defender and a lethal sidekick to Kobe and Pau will be huge and a very good move,but as Artest left Houston Ariza left LA for the Rockets, Losing Ariza means losing a very talented young player who is a very good shooter and defender but still I rather have a proven veteran like Artest.I see the Lakers having a great season but i can see them making a another title run with the resigning of Lamar Odom becuase in the playoffs this year the LAkers went as far as Odom took them.

Orlando Magic:The addition of Vince Carter was a very good move Vc will average atleast 18+ppg.The loss of Rafear Alston means that Jameer Nelson now is the leader along with Dwight. The loss of Hedo to the Raptors or Blazers will hurt and leave a big hole. Also IMO the Magic need to resign Gortat who is a very good role player and could help them make a playoff run. But for this season I cant see the Magic making it back to the finals.

Cleveland Cavaliers:The addition of Shaq will help but I think that tjhe Cavs if they are serious about keeping Lebron have to sign Lamar Odom he would fit in perfectly with Mike Brown's system a lineup of: Mo Will,Delonte West,Lebron James,Lamar Odom and Shaquille Oneal with Big Z off the bench is a great team and if the Cavs get Odom i would pick them to win the Finals but without odom or another very good player I see them LOSING IN THE FINALS.

Those were the first 3...I will do more soon and If i missed anything let me know

Don't forget Ben Gordon and Charlie V. Signing with Detroit.

ZebraCity916
07-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't take this wrong as I am a Lakers fan through and through I would do the following if I was the other teams.

Orlando
- sign Iverson to be your 6th man and Let Pietrius start with Carter and Nelson

Cavs
- sign Marion to be the forward next to Lebron for the MLE and boost his ego by having Lebron and Shaq court him like Kobe/Lamar with Lebron

Raptors
- sign Lee and trade Bosh for Beasley/Haslem

Thunder
- Milsap

Knicks
- Trade for T-Mac

Spurs
- sign Sheed

Celtics
- split MLE between Dice and Marbury

Miami
- Sign Kidd with the MLE and package JO/Chalmers to Phoenix for Amare and Hill

Jazz
- Make a play for Gooden

Hornets
- sign Pargo

Iverson doesn't want to be 6th man. I don't think the Heat are willing to give up Beasley AND Haslem. Who could the Knicks trade to get T-Mac???? Suns would be getting ripped off if they traded away Hill and Amare so I don't see that happening. Gooden would kill the Jazz's Chemistry.