PDA

View Full Version : How should it be different from foreign players drafted to college players drafted?

hgtiger32
07-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I am absolutely fed up with all of this Ricky Rubio crap. Boo-Hoo cry like a little baby because you will have to play basketball (as your job) in Minnesota where it gets cold. Give me a break.

I'm a Bucks fan and I went through the same thing 2 years ago with Yi Jinlian. He complained and said that he wouldn't play for Milwaukee...guess what he did and then the Bucks traded him the next offseason because they didn't want to put up with his crap.

My philosophy is that if you wanna choose which team you want to play for play baseball so you can go sign with the Yanks, Red Sox, Cubs, or Dodgers.

So because Ricky Rubio doesn't want to polay for Minnesota means that he should just get off of the hook? Bull crap he should. So my major point....

How is it any different than if a player coming out of college doesn't want to play for a certain team. What if DeMar DeRozan didn't want to play for the Raptors? Or if Gerald Henderson didn't want to play for the Bobcats? Does that give them the right to say...well screw you (certain city) I'm going back to college for another year.

Now to me that doesn't seem fair at all. So how should it be any different for foreign players? Unless the team suggests to the foregin player to spend a year or two overseas working on his game, but otherwise none of this crap.

Anyone else sick of Rubio's cry-babying act??? Grow up dude...you're lucky the NBA even gives you the opportunity to play in the USA.

abe_froman
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
but guys coming from the u.s. have pulled the same thing(most famously kobe)

so its not really a foreign player issue

hgtiger32
07-02-2009, 05:33 PM
but more foreign players have tho

Kyle N.
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree it's not fair, but what can you do? And this whole, Minnesota is cold thing is a load of ********. People need to quit be babies. It's not even like they play outside in the cold like in football. Come on.

lakers4sho
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I am absolutely fed up with all of this Ricky Rubio crap. Boo-Hoo cry like a little baby because you will have to play basketball (as your job) in Minnesota where it gets cold. Give me a break.

I'm a Bucks fan and I went through the same thing 2 years ago with Yi Jinlian. He complained and said that he wouldn't play for Milwaukee...guess what he did and then the Bucks traded him the next offseason because they didn't want to put up with his crap.

My philosophy is that if you wanna choose which team you want to play for play baseball so you can go sign with the Yanks, Red Sox, Cubs, or Dodgers.

So because Ricky Rubio doesn't want to polay for Minnesota means that he should just get off of the hook? Bull crap he should. So my major point....

How is it any different than if a player coming out of college doesn't want to play for a certain team. What if DeMar DeRozan didn't want to play for the Raptors? Or if Gerald Henderson didn't want to play for the Bobcats? Does that give them the right to say...well screw you (certain city) I'm going back to college for another year.

Now to me that doesn't seem fair at all. So how should it be any different for foreign players? Unless the team suggests to the foregin player to spend a year or two overseas working on his game, but otherwise none of this crap.

Anyone else sick of Rubio's cry-babying act??? Grow up dude...you're lucky the NBA even gives you the opportunity to play in the USA.

You're fed up? How about you pay his $6.6 million buyout first??

Fact is, because he was drafted 5th, he won't have enough money for the buyout.

THE MTL
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Umm I guess someone is down on their b-ball knowledge. Many American players have done the same thing. Kobe forced his way to LAL and Steve Francis refused to play for Memphis Grizzly Bears (lol).

Also in NYC, LA, or CHI Rubio can easily pay back his 6.6 million buyout with endorsements. He cannot do that in Minny.

Also, ur whole argument about it getting cold is dumb because Rubio from Europe.

As fo Yi Jianlian, u guys should have listened to him and NOT have drafted him. It brought you nothing in the end. Yi for RJ for Spurs crap.

IndyRealist
07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Knowing he had the option of returning to Europe (where he makes $97,000/yr by the way) why would the Wolves draft him without saying, "Hey Ricky, would you mind playing for us?" It would have saved a lot of headaches.