PDA

View Full Version : Josh Childress

Blurnsball0524
07-02-2009, 04:29 AM
David Aldridge on NBA.com wrote that Josh Childress will be meeting with the Bucks on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks still retain his rights, so they can match any offer, but obviously he doesn't want to go back there. I think he presents an interesting option to help fill the void left by Jefferson. Thoughts?

ascensions86
07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I like him, he puts a lot of energy into the game. Still, he's not a good scorer and he just can't fill the lack of points we have now without Charlie and Jefferson.

salsa
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I dont like him, but id rather have him at SF instead of bowen.

BigAl25
07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Good pickup if they get him the bucks need everything right now!

BigDiazDizzle
07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I dont like him, but id rather have him at SF instead of bowen.

I absolutely agree. Plus why keep someone on your roster that doesn't want to be there.

Bucks_Packers
07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I dont think this will happen.

BlinkManJan02
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
i would like it if they signed him. i hope it does happen.
forget bowen if he doesn't want to be here.

BlinkManJan02
07-02-2009, 03:24 PM
trade bowen dammit, if anyone wants him

sugarrayray
07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
i think this would be a great pickup, especially for the mid level exception. childress is still young, plays good D, is an ok rebounder, and is a better scoring option than any of the small forwards on the bucks roster right now. it would be great to see him start and luc richard and joe alexander back him up

xwashableclothx
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
well think about we drafted a Meeks, and now we are talking to another SG? shouldnt we be talking to PFs right now? i think Redd might be getting shipped out soon, and i love Childress not sure what he has been putting up for numbers overseas but he was scoring around 12 a game in 07-08, and hes like 26 now i believe, he should be right around his prime and be a solid player

Bucks24226
07-02-2009, 05:33 PM
^^ he plays SF not SG he's 6-8

tezza90
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM

Isnt he a a 7ft shooting guard with the hair haha nah but seriously stick with last years draft picks. Anyone know when Gaz's contracts up?

xwashableclothx
07-02-2009, 06:13 PM

i swear he played SG when he was on the Hawks, maybe he played both, hes kinda skinny to be playing SF in the nba now-adays most SFs are 230-240, if we plan on takeing him to play SF i really dont think this makes sense unless we are going to run Mbah at PF

it really doesnt matter though Atlanta is going to match any offer we make so we won't get him through free agency

Giannis94
07-03-2009, 12:04 AM
hmm childress sounds intriguing

salsa
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Isnt he a a 7ft shooting guard with the hair haha nah but seriously stick with last years draft picks. Anyone know when Gaz's contracts up?
I hope his contract runs out soon...it feels like he has been here forever..and i cant stand him

gbaypack31
07-03-2009, 03:49 AM

Not counting the afro how tall?

gbaypack31
07-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Here's an idea. Scrap the roster and cut salary getting rid of Redd mid season. Pray for first pick next year and grab John Wall.

crewfan13
07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Here's an idea. Scrap the roster and cut salary getting rid of Redd mid season. Pray for first pick next year and grab John Wall.

You keep Redd cuz you need his scoring, and you only trade him if a really good trade offer comes along that makes your team better. Plus you don't take John Wall next year cuz you just got Brandon Jennings. If you do trade Redd, you gotta take a SG or an SF than, not a PG like Wall.

jay87shot
07-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Gadz has 2 years left. Childress would be alright, he's not a superstar but solid. I would think he would play sf.

salsa
07-03-2009, 04:55 PM
With Childress

PG Jennings/Sessions/Ridnour
SG Redd
SF Childress
PF Johnson
C Bogut

Its a pretty good lineup. I still wish we had richard jefferson.

I wouldnt mind trading for tyson chandler either. The hornets want to trade him. We would actually have a pretty talented lineup if we can trade for chandler.

BlinkManJan02
07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
childress met with officials, i wonder if they will sign him to an offer sheet soon. i would like that.
the hawks would probably match it ive read and want to do a sign and trade. bowen and kurt thomas were mentioned as well as ridnour as to what the bucks could offer.

and why in the world did gadzuric get such a wealthy contract. larry harris pretty much destroyed the bucks financially. and how many days do teams have until they cannot offer ramon a contract? in other words when is ramon guaranteed to be back next year?

crewfan13
07-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure they have quite awhile to offer him a contract, like at leasts another couple months.

salsa
07-03-2009, 07:34 PM
childress met with officials, i wonder if they will sign him to an offer sheet soon. i would like that.
the hawks would probably match it ive read and want to do a sign and trade. bowen and kurt thomas were mentioned as well as ridnour as to what the bucks could offer.

and why in the world did gadzuric get such a wealthy contract. larry harris pretty much destroyed the bucks financially. and how many days do teams have until they cannot offer ramon a contract? in other words when is ramon guaranteed to be back next year?
where did you read that?

BlinkManJan02
07-03-2009, 08:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Milwaukee-officials-meet-with-Josh-Childress?urn=nba,174602

crewfan13
07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Interesing link, if you go to the bottom of the article and read what the posters say its kind of funny. Apparently alot of them think the Bucks are going to be the most pathetic team in the league next season. And another guy thinks Joe Alexander has earned the right to start. I think its funny how people forget that when the Bucks were healthy they were contending for a playoff spot. Now granted we did lose CV and RJ, we also gave Moute time to develop, and maybe Alexander can contribute some this year to help lessen those losses. I'm not saying the Bucks are playoff contenders, but I don' think they'll be as bad as everyone think either.

BlinkManJan02
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
yeah i read that, something about being worse than the clippers haha. they were holding on to the 8th seed for quite a while last year with redd and bogut out, i do think people are really underrating them. i see them winning around 35 games next year. that would be sweet if the east was weak and 35 wins would be good enough for the 8th seed. i believe that's happened before, not sure though.

wissportsfan
07-04-2009, 05:12 PM
With Atlanta he was real inconsistent. I think he might fit real well with our team. I doubt he'd start. He'd probably back up the prince.

BlinkManJan02
07-04-2009, 06:50 PM
wissportsfan good to see you're back! i havent seen you posting lately.

and here is another article on childress and the bucks. this briefly mentions ridnour and alexander as to what the bucks could offer for a possible sign and trade. i would not be a fan of it if alexander were involved.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/02/josh-childress-returns-to-visit-bucks/

hugefan
07-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I would be for this signing, if it was for the mid-level at least

sugarrayray
07-05-2009, 02:24 AM
With Atlanta he was real inconsistent. I think he might fit real well with our team. I doubt he'd start. He'd probably back up the prince.

ya i hear u but from what i remember he is a pretty good defensive player, and i think i've read a couple times that skiles would rather bring the prince of the bench.

troll
07-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Why are the Bucks even looking for a small forward when we don't even have a starting power forward. That has to be the priority! Who is going to help Bogut score inside and rebound? Danny G? Amir? He can't stay on the court averaging about 3 fouls in 14 mins and not much offensive game.

wissportsfan
07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
wissportsfan good to see you're back! i havent seen you posting lately.

and here is another article on childress and the bucks. this briefly mentions ridnour and alexander as to what the bucks could offer for a possible sign and trade. i would not be a fan of it if alexander were involved.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/02/josh-childress-returns-to-visit-bucks/
Took a vacation from the site haha.

Why are the Bucks even looking for a small forward when we don't even have a starting power forward. That has to be the priority! Who is going to help Bogut score inside and rebound? Danny G? Amir? He can't stay on the court averaging about 3 fouls in 14 mins and not much offensive game.

Yeah I get what your saying but at the same time is there a PF that would actually want to come to Milwaukee for cheap? My guess is that Hammond's either wants to trade or cut Bowen so he's really looking for another SF. I don't really think Childress will be the starter that we are looking for. I think he could put up good minutes though. Bucks have been talking to Ersan but I don't think he's even close to the answer.

brisk002
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
staying overseas...

1250 am reported it... take it for what it's worth

brisk002
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/50721617.html

BlinkManJan02
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
that's too bad. i would have liked it if the bucks got him. thats okay though, more money elsewhere