PDA

View Full Version : Okc thunder future!!

dsickich123
07-02-2009, 12:37 AM
The OKC thunder have one of the brightest futures in all of the NBA...
They have a young nucleus in Durant, Westbrook, Green, and now James Harden...
They also have great Backups in Krstic, Livingston, Weaver, DJ White, Nick Collison, and Serge Ibaka...
Beyond that, they have two potential lottery picks next year (Theirs/Suns)
How bright does everyone think the future of this team is?

Durant: 25ppg/6.5rpg in SECOND YEAR (Potent. Superstar/MVP/Scoring Champ)
Green: 17ppg/7rpg in SECOND YEAR (Potential 20-10 player)
Westbrook: 15ppg/5ast/5rpg in ROOKIE YEAR (Potential all-star point guard)
Harden: ???????

Is there any chance they can keep all of these young players?
and any chance these players live up to their full potential stat-wise all on the same team?

dsickich123
07-02-2009, 12:43 AM
any thoughts on those three questions...?

ThEaIrUpThErE
07-02-2009, 01:18 AM
well who knows if they'll all still be together when they reach their potential, but they could be a dangerous team as soon as next season next year. jeff green will never average ten rebounds...

caseyrh
07-02-2009, 01:36 AM
They definateley have a great young team. Kudos to their GM. And don't forget about Mullens. He has a lot of potential and well worth the bust risk at 24.

hgtiger32
07-02-2009, 01:42 AM
im pretty sure that they might not even be a lottery team next year but that's a pretty bold prediction...but yeah...if they were able to draft a true C or PF beastly guy...that will be crazy....also look out for the Memphis Grizzlies...

PG:Connley, for now
SG: OJ Mayo
SF:Rudy Gay
PF:Zach Randolph
C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench: Marc Gasol, DeMarre Carrol, and Sam Young...so look out for the young teams of the Blazers, Thunder, and yes Grizzlies too...lol

Baller1
07-02-2009, 01:46 AM
well who knows if they'll all still be together when they reach their potential, but they could be a dangerous team as soon as next season next year. jeff green will never average ten rebounds...

He actually could... relatively soon.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-02-2009, 01:47 AM
that team is/will be very good i say if they get a big man in the post or a superstar/all star down there that team will be a playoff team maybe more in a year or 2.

dsonLAL24
07-02-2009, 01:53 AM
thats how it's done memphis!!!

Lakers4ItAll
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
They will make the playoffs next season

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 07:43 AM
They will make the playoffs next season

2010-2011...they will have a very good year this year though

dsickich123
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I love the Thunder and want to stay optimistic...
but I do not think it's playoffs next year...
I think that they have an awesome chance of making it in 2010-2011 though...
No matter what they have a bright future...
even if they do not make the playoffs...that just means two lottery picks next year (because I can guarantee that Phoenix does not make the playoffs, especially if they trade Amare)

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 10:17 AM
it depends on who they put in there at center. the reason why he's racking up the rebs is b/c their centers have been relatively weak rebounders. i look for krstic to start next year.

Ace33Bone
07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
2010-2011...they will have a very good year this year though

I don't even know if I see them making the playoffs that early just due to the west being so thick. But i definitely think they will be one of the teams battling for that final spot by 2010- 11

cle12152433
07-02-2009, 10:36 AM
IMO, OKC will be good but if Westbrook, Green, and Durant keep developing down the path they are headed, they will lose one of them because of the salary issue.

JOSKOMANG4
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
1. Make a trade for a center..

Projected Trade: Clippers and OKC Thunder

- OKC Thunder acquire C Chris Kaman from Clippers in exchange for SG T. Sefolosha, PG E. Watson, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

Trade Make sense b/c .....

For Clippers: After moving Zach Randolph, the deal is good b/c they give the #1 overall pick, B Griff, a starting spot. The Moving of Kaman would put D. Jordan back to the backup center role. With 1 more year remaining on Camby's contract, Jordan can be guided easily to the starting center position. This deal also makes sense b/c B. Davis is known to be an injured prone player- so the acquisition of E. Watson is a proven vet back up who can step in if necessary. Not to mention, Sefolosha can be a nice spark off the bench. Best part about this deal for the Clippers; Salary relief. Kaman had another 3yrs remaining on his deal.. while Sefolosha and Watson both only have 1.

For the Thunder: they add a vet center... much needed upgrade over Collison/Kristic/Mullins experiment.

2. Sign a big man.... It's a tough one between Millsap and Lee

I do believe that when it comes down to it.. their gonna get lee.

So after trades and big signees.. projected Lineup:

C: Chris Kaman/Nenad Krstic / BJ Mullins*
PF: David Lee/D.J White/Nick Collison
SF: Jeff Green/Damien Wilkins
SG: Kevin Durant/James Harden*/Kyle Weaver/ Robert Vaden*
PG: Russell Westbrook/Chucky Atkins

Nice Starting five.. with Harden off the bench as their 6th man..

I honestly believe OKC will make an impact(with these trades) the upcoming season.

Not to mention.. After '09-'10 season.. Player contract expiring...

Chucky Atkins- 3.5
Damien Wilkins- 3.0
DJ White - 1.2 mill Team option.

7.7 mill off the cap

Taimarv
07-02-2009, 10:55 AM
The Thunder will be much better this year, but they are still a long shot to make the playoffs.

There are too many good teams out west. Who are they going to beat out for a playoff spot? Here's the top 8 teams out west last year, and Golden State and Phoenix will still be pretty good next year. This is still a very young team.

1 z-LA Lakers
2 y-Denver
3 y-San Antonio
4 x-Portland
5 x-Houston
6 x-Dallas
7 x-New Orleans
8 x-Utah

Taimarv
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Kaman and Lee? These are the kinds of moves that would ruin this team. Yeah, they might be better this season and be an 8th seed, but taking on these salaries would destroy this teams future. Kaman is on the books for 10 mil this coming season, then 11 and 12 over the next 2 seasons. Put that along with David Lee for 50mil over 5 years. This team would have no future.

Is this Isiah Thomas?

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Houston might fall out of the picture. Suns might also not be able to compete as well next season. OKC has a better chance this year than any other.

JOSKOMANG4
07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
The Thunder will be much better this year, but they are still a long shot to make the playoffs.

There are too many good teams out west. Who are they going to beat out for a playoff spot? Here's the top 8 teams out west last year, and Golden State and Phoenix will still be pretty good next year. This is still a very young team.

1 z-LA Lakers
2 y-Denver
3 y-San Antonio
4 x-Portland
5 x-Houston
6 x-Dallas
7 x-New Orleans
8 x-Utah

Out of this list.. You can definitely push Houston. W/o Yao and an iffy-Mcgrady.. I honestly don't see Houston going anywhere next season.. Yes they'll make a push for the playoffs.. but possibly a non-playoff team

Btw.. Never said OKC will be a playoff team.. i said they'll be contender for one of the spots.. possibly the 7th-8th seed.. With my acquisitions i mentioned earlier( Kaman and Lee)..along with the plethora of young talent(Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green)... I believe they can make something happen

elpirata224
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
im pretty sure that they might not even be a lottery team next year but that's a pretty bold prediction...but yeah...if they were able to draft a true C or PF beastly guy...that will be crazy....also look out for the Memphis Grizzlies...

PG:Connley, for now
SG: OJ Mayo
SF:Rudy Gay
PF:Zach Randolph
C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench: Marc Gasol, DeMarre Carrol, and Sam Young...so look out for the young teams of the Blazers, Thunder, and yes Grizzlies too...lol

seariously bench Marc Gasol?
are you crazy
and start Randolph, do you know how pissed he'll be?

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
haha yeah he might be amazing. i thought dallas would have kept the pick since they need an upgrade but i guess they want a center who can play right away. they got a future pg in the frenchy.

Unruly Fan
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM
The OKC thunder have one of the brightest futures in all of the NBA...
They have a young nucleus in Durant, Westbrook, Green, and now James Harden...
They also have great Backups in Krstic, Livingston, Weaver, DJ White, Nick Collison, and Serge Ibaka...
Beyond that, they have two potential lottery picks next year (Theirs/Suns)
How bright does everyone think the future of this team is?

Is there any chance they can keep all of these young players?
and any chance these players live up to their full potential stat-wise all on the same team?I agree that the Thunder have potential but I somewhat laughed when you mentioned the majority of the names outlined above.

Unruly Fan
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
seariously bench Marc Gasol?
are you crazy
and start Randolph, do you know how pissed he'll be?LOL regardless of how pissed "Sophomore" Gasol will be. I still think Randolph should start strictly out of seniority. Until he proves otherwise that is.

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
krstic was 16.4 6.8 before he got hurt. collison posts similar numbers. shaun livingston might be flipping burgers the rest of his life. white and weaver could emerge as decent backups.

Baller1
07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree that the Thunder have potential but I somewhat laughed when you mentioned the majority of the names outlined above.

Those are all actually really young, potentially strong backups. I don't expect you to know a majority of them as you're not an OKC fan, but that bench is extremely deep, and will only continue to grow along with the rest of our youth movement.

meiklwhite
07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
they shouldn't go for a bigman now i think.
next years draft is rumored to feature a lot of good pf/c.

if they are patient, they will be very very good.

hgtiger32
07-02-2009, 11:20 PM
as far as why thabeet and randolph should start: thabeet was the 2nd pick...no way is he gonna be coming off of the bench...and you think Marc Gasol will be mad? ha imagine Randolph if he has to come off of the bench

as far as the lineup for the Thunder...Durrant is a natural SF and Jeff Green is more of a PF....while KD could play the 2 and JG could play the 3...it wouldn't be the better fit IMO

KnicksorBust
07-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Green. One needs to go. Too many young pieces. You need a mix of vets that can produce in there or they will hit a wall. Use Green and get a real center.

dsickich123
07-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Houston will fall out of the Playoffs for these reasons...

1. Yao is out.
2. Artest is likely to Lakers
3. They trade Rafer Alston
4. T-MAC is finished

OKC should take their spot soon....

dsickich123
07-03-2009, 01:49 AM
If OKC had to get rid of one of Westbrook, Durant, Green, or Harden...who would it be?

cmacmath
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I like both these teams...

I'd like to see Memphis sign Allen Iverson...not because I think it would make the team better but because of the entertainment value, Id get season tickets, haha...but seriously, imagine if Memphis and OKC (who have the most cap money) signed the following players:

Memphis:
PG - Andre Miller
SG - OJ Mayo
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Zach Randolph
C - Marc Gasol

Bench:
Conley, Thabeet, Hak, Sam Young, DeMarre Carroll

OKC:
PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Nenad Krystic

Bench:
Green, Atkins, Collison

We should start a thread of who we think will be better or more entertaining Memphis or OKC

NYYCowboys
07-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I hope the Thunder never make it to the playoffs after what they did to the Seattle fans. Hopefully they are cursed.

dsickich123
07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I was a die-hard sonics fan...
and I thought I would hate the Thunder...
But i can't....
I hate hate hate the ownership....
but I still love the players, and I gotta love the team

Baller1
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
But i can't....

Me too man, me too.

dsickich123
07-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Its a hard knock life bro...
Does everyone give you crap for liking them still...?

jimm120
07-04-2009, 04:54 PM

Durant is obvious superstar potential.

Green is more like an 18ppg/8reb kind of guy. Perfect to be the #2 or #3 scorer on a team.

Westbrook definitely seems like a future allstar. His numbers, in the end, looked better than his play but he WAS still just a rookie. So I expect 18ppg/6ast/5reb next season.

Yes, Oklahoma does have a bright future. I still wish they were in Seattle, though.

What they ARE missing, imo, is a nice, big Power Forward. But PG, SG, and SF seem to be set for at least 2 more years. I think they should make a splash in free agency sooner rather than later so they can bring in the missing pieces now, while Durant, Westbrook, and Green are still there (well, Green is the lowest of the 3, potential-wise, and can be replaced easily but not for the same amount of money).

jimm120
07-04-2009, 05:10 PM
If OKC had to get rid of one of Westbrook, Durant, Green, or Harden...who would it be?

I had not read anything but just read the whole thread now. If one had to go, It'd be Green. He seems to be the most expendable and easily replaceable...and even the lowest cieling. I don't know about Harden but considering he'll be on the books for at least 4 more seasons (of cheap production) instead of 2 for Green, I can see Green being traded or let go first.

But i can't....

Seattle was my 2nd favorite team. I loved the Detlef Shrempf and Gary Payton days (Shawn Kemp was ok but I liked those two more). And then they get Ewing, my favorite player ever from my favorite team...so I liked them a lot. And even though I know they're not the Sonics anymore, I can't stop looking not liking them.

Baller1
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Its a hard knock life bro...
Does everyone give you crap for liking them still...?

Yeah, a little. I get the most **** from Laker fans though, because I live in Corona (right outside LA). So, I always have to hear abuot how great the Lakers are, and how my team couldn't even stay in there city.

Fmartinez86
07-04-2009, 05:35 PM
haha amen to that laker fans are all around me too and man it sucks but its cool OKC in two years wont have them laughing

Baller1
07-04-2009, 05:40 PM
haha amen to that laker fans are all around me too and man it sucks but its cool OKC in two years wont have them laughing

That's the way I look at it. In 2 years, it's going to be reversed. Kobe will be gone, and Durant will be the face of the NBA.

Fmartinez86
07-04-2009, 05:44 PM
not only that we have four potential all stars on the team and the bench is getting stronger with experience i know its a long shot but i think the thunder can make that eighth seed the team just has a whole lot of heart

Baller1
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
not only that we have four potential all stars on the team and the bench is getting stronger with experience i know its a long shot but i think the thunder can make that eighth seed the team just has a whole lot of heart

I agree. I can't wait to see what this team can do.

KaganRS
07-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Sam Presti always drafts FTW

dimedrpr
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm a Laker fan living in OKC. I have loved the Lakers since the early 80's but I've lived in OKC off and on since 1990 and we are very excited to have a team here. I know everyone hates us because we "stole the team" from Seattle but the reality is that if they weren't in OKC then they would be in Kansas City or Vegas or somewhere else. David Stern was bound and determined to move that team because of the arena situation in Seattle. We honestly thought that the Hornets were going to end up staying in OKC because the New Orleans fans hadn't been supporting that team even before Katrina. I didn't like the way Clay Bennett went about things in Seattle because it was a charade to act like he had intentions of staying there. He bought the team with the knowledge that the city wasn't going to pony up the money to keep the team there and that he would get to bring them to OKC. He did lose millions in "efforts" to keep the team there in Seattle but everyone knew that it wasn't going to happen. As for the Thunder as a team we are pretty happy with the way things are going so far. From Sam Presti to Scott Brooks to our young developing stars, the future looks really bright. We even got the guy most of the fans here wanted (Harden) once we got over the fact that we weren't getting our hometown boy Blake. So for me it's a great time in the NBA because my Lakers won the championship again and my new hometown team is on the rise. The only tough days are when the Lakers play the Thunder but I can deal with that.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
That team is too talented to be back in the lottery next yr that's for sure

what54!?
07-04-2009, 06:33 PM
if mullens pans out they'll be even more scarier

jimm120
07-04-2009, 06:37 PM
That team is too talented to be back in the lottery next yr that's for sure

Well, I also thought they'd do better this year yet they floundered big time and ended up with the 4th pick. I expected them to start their climb this season but things didn't pan out like that.

But a junior Green and Durant, along with a sophomore Westbrook should get them going.

Grim Reaper
07-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I think they should put Durant at SG and Jeff Green at SF or keep Durant at SF and use Green of the bench because he's not a true PF. I like Green way better at the SF position.

dsickich123
07-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Durant plays way better at the SF position...
and we just draft Harden (who plays SG)
Green has to stay at the PF even though he is not really suited for it...
We just need a big defensive center to make up for it

Baller1
07-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Durant plays way better at the SF position...
and we just draft Harden (who plays SG)
Green has to stay at the PF even though he is not really suited for it...
We just need a big defensive center to make up for it

Well, hopefully Mullens turns out to be that guy.

Bruno
07-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I love the Thunder, I expect KD to win MVP's in this league. They must resign him above all their other youth.

BigDaddyKaine
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
The Seattle Supersonics lol do have some great pieces to the puzzle but I have a feeling they are not going to seriously compete for a title because I believe once these players have the ability to leave they will a good amount of them will just because I believe most of them will not want to live in Oklahoma. I also believe that they will struggle with trying to convince FA's to come play for there team when there are just so many other better cities for an athlete with a lot of money to live in. Not trying to knock Oklahoma but I just do not think they will be serious contenders anytime soon.

BigDaddyKaine
07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I love the Thunder, I expect KD to win MVP's in this league. They must resign him above all their other youth.

Yea I agree he has the ability to win MVP's but my big question is will he win those in Oklahoma. I happen to think not but that is JMO though

dsickich123
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that he has the chance to win them in OKC...once they become a good team

b_rad23
07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Mullens

could potentially be one of the best starting lineups ever. But they're all high upside guys who aren't near finished products (except Harden).

It's safe to say they'll be good, but they could potentially be great if all the players pan out (even better than the Blazers IMO).

JerseysFinest
07-05-2009, 05:46 PM
watch out for new jersey also

Devin Harris/Dooling/Alston
Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts
Terrence Williams/Jarvis Hayes/Bobby Simmons/Trenton Hassell
Yi Jianlian/Sean Williams/Eduardo Najera
Brook Lopez/Tony Battie/Josh Boone

Baller1
07-05-2009, 05:57 PM
watch out for new jersey also

Devin Harris/Dooling/Alston
Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas-Roberts
Terrence Williams/Jarvis Hayes/Bobby Simmons/Trenton Hassell
Yi Jianlian/Sean Williams/Eduardo Najera
Brook Lopez/Tony Battie/Josh Boone

NJ is going to be good. But, I don't see them being nearly as good as OKC, Portland, and possibly even Memphis in the future.

blah-blah
07-05-2009, 06:10 PM
OKC and grizzlies are gona have a good future if they dont mess it up

Bruno
07-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Yea I agree he has the ability to win MVP's but my big question is will he win those in Oklahoma. I happen to think not but that is JMO though

It may turn out to be similar to the LeBron situation; if they can put legitimate talent around him and give him the big buck$, they might be able to keep him. It's all up to the management.

Fmartinez86
07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
id say durant has a great chance to win mvp in okc the dudes the leader of the team and if he takes them to the top theres do doubt hes the man but okc in two years ooooooooo man i cant wait next year is gonna be interesting but i think that eighth seed belongs to the thunder

PurpleJesus
07-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I forgot they got Mullens in the draft too. That was a great value pick considering he would have gone top ten the previous year if they still allowed highschoolers into the league. Mullens is at least two years off from contibuting though. The Thunder do for sure have the best young nucleous in the association. Harden could become a star, and Westbrook and Durant are already stars. Durant is also a very loyal guy who wont abondon the team.

hoop talk
07-05-2009, 07:55 PM
They have one of the best if not the best YOUNG starting 5.(Don't misunderstand this statement)

The person people are letting fly under the radar is Kyle Weaver, I think he can be a solid pro.

dee279
07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I believe next season they will be dangerous. Because they have 4 players who can make their own shot. Westbrook, if more efficient, can potentially be one of the best PG in the league. Durant is the second best SF in the league, and will one day be the best scorer in the league. Harden could be really good but he did nothin for his team in the college playoffs so im not sold on him yet. Also, Jeff Green can do it all. He is a compliment type of player but a very good player. They have a really good future but i doubt they will be able to stick together for long. To many players who can be stars and they will see that and their wont be enough balls to go around.

Baller1
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
They have one of the best if not the best YOUNG starting 5.(Don't misunderstand this statement)

The person people are letting fly under the radar is Kyle Weaver, I think he can be a solid pro.

Wow, I'll give you props for even bringing Weaver up. No one really knows him outside of us OKC fans, but he's actually a really solid bench player who can do it all.

PapelbonLester
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow, I'll give you props for even bringing Weaver up. No one really knows him outside of us OKC fans, but he's actually a really solid bench player who can do it all.

anyone who owns 2k9 knows bout Kyle Weaver. It should look like this for them next year

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Kristic

D.J. White
Livingston
BJ. Mullens
Weaver
Sefolosha
Mason
Collinson

Baller1
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
anyone who owns 2k9 knows bout Kyle Weaver. It should look like this for them next year

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Kristic

D.J. White
Livingston
BJ. Mullens
Weaver
Sefolosha
Mason
Collinson

Looks about right. We're contemplating whether or not we should bring over Serge Ibaka too. So, if we do, Mason will probably be gone.

plastikman
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
As a long time season ticket holder for the seattle supersonics I cant wish the OKC Thunder any good. I know it isn't the fans fault and it's not the players fault either, but to see OKC do anything good would only benefit ole Clay Bennett and I just can't do it.

dsickich123
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I think in 3 or 4 years...
if they can keep their young talent...
They may be able to contend in the west...
anyone agree with that...?

Blah Blah Blah
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
prolly one of the brighter ones along with portland. OKC has a pretty sick lineup with Green, Harden, Durant, and westbrook if all those get to thier potential if not close to it.

Baller1
07-06-2009, 03:51 AM
prolly one of the brighter ones along with portland. OKC has a pretty sick lineup with Green, Harden, Durant, and westbrook if all those get to thier potential if not close to it.

We should be able to keep all the talent together. Durant's a loyal kid. I trust him.

cmellofan15
07-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I seriously doubt they live up to all this hype.