PDA

View Full Version : Ariza on the Verge of Leaving the Lakers

FaceDown91
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
its on the bottom line in ESPN News...

so....what does this mean for the lakers and where will ariza go?

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:20 PM
could go to Cleveland now with Villanueva signing and if Artest doesnt sign...

kombayn
07-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Trevor Ariza is going to the Clippers, you heard it here first. Baron Davis is his best-friend (From UCLA days) and they own the Conga Room together at L.A. Live.

Jonathan2323
07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
am i the only one that thinks Odom is more important and Ariza is really not that good.

cle12152433
I agree with you there. I would keep Odom first.

Mckphins
Trevor Ariza is going to the Clippers, you heard it here first. Baron Davis is his best-friend (From UCLA days) and they own the Conga Room together at L.A. Live.

If that happened i think clippers would be pretty darn good next year

Flamarlins21
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I read that Cleveland has already offered the mid-level for him. That would be a dirty line up if he signs with the Cavs.

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:26 PM
WOuldn't it though?

Squad13
If he signs fro the MLE on another team...... I'll be so pissed, you are playing for your hometown team and you just won a title! Give him 6.5 and get it done mitch!

Baller1
Damn... if that's true.

Lebron, Mo, Ariza, and Shaq. Favorites next year?

still1ballin
I read that Cleveland has already offered the mid-level for him. That would be a dirty line up if he signs with the Cavs.

LOL for that he would accept the Lakers MLE

If he leaves, Artest will be arriving to LA

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Actually on the ESPN sight they confirmed he met with the Cavs today and they are pushing hard for him.

rothbb23
07-01-2009, 11:29 PM
on ESPN they just said cleveland was the top contender to get ariza, but the Lakers arent just gonna let him go away

NYtilIdie
07-01-2009, 11:29 PM
WOW Clev is really stepping up and proving to Lebron they are serious about making a championship run if this deal goes down.

still1ballin
07-01-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't want Ariza to leave, but I do like the idea of Artest coming to the Lakers. Imagine this:

Fisher/Farmar?Brown
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Walton/Morrison
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

kombayn
Go to the Clippers! Lets go!

cubbies93
well the thing with Ariza is he had a really good playoffs. so hes going to over value him self so some team is going to over pay for him.

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:32 PM
that would be a Lakers-Cavs finals matchuo fo' sho'!

Catfish1314
I don't know why Kupchack doesn't give him what he wants. He's not a great player, but he's worth Mid-Level money for sure and maybe a little more. He's a great glue guy and a great defender on the ball plus he's only 24, 25? If you'll give Luke Walton MLE money, why not Ariza?

I do agree though that Odom should be their top priority.

Statik1
Damn... if that's true.

What if we add Artest then what?

EastCoastBaller
So would Ariza play at the 2 spot? Or he's a 6th man... And please don't say LeBron might be playing at the 4 spot.

superkegger
07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Apparenlty the Cavs are still pushing hard for pretty much every single FA out there. And of course Ariza is going to meet with other teams, it's called leverage.

But why would Ariza go to cleveland? He's a SF. Why go to cleveland to play behind LeBron, instead of starting in LA...don't really get that

And where did anyone say Mitch/Lakers wouldn't give him MLE+ money?

Squad13
07-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Apparenlty the Cavs are still pushing hard for pretty much every single FA out there. And of course Ariza is going to meet with other teams, it's called leverage.

But why would Ariza go to cleveland? He's a SF. Why go to cleveland to play behind LeBron, instead of starting in LA...don't really get that.

For the same amount of money.... it doesn't make any sense.

Statik1
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM

But why would Ariza go to cleveland? He's a SF. Why go to cleveland to play behind LeBron, instead of starting in LA...don't really get that

And where did anyone say Mitch/Lakers wouldn't give him MLE+ money?

His name is David Lee and he has a **** eating grin right now :smoking:

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:36 PM
maybe he thinks cleveland has a better chance to win the finals????

If LA signs Artest great, but they still have to sign Lamar Odom. If not, I don't see them being better (at least on paper) than cleveland.

Squad13
07-01-2009, 11:37 PM

If LA signs Artest great, but they still have to sign Lamar Odom. If not, I don't see them being better (at least on paper) than cleveland.

Ummm..... last I checked we just won the title, getting Shaqs fat *** doesn't make them the favorites.

Squad13
07-01-2009, 11:38 PM

:rolleyes: homer much?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
If he wants more than the mid level exception, let him go. He is not worth it. If he only wants the mid level, you better sign him.

kombayn
07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I don't know why Kupchack doesn't give him what he wants. He's not a great player, but he's worth Mid-Level money for sure and maybe a little more. He's a great glue guy and a great defender on the ball plus he's only 24, 25? If you'll give Luke Walton MLE money, why not Ariza?

I do agree though that Odom should be their top priority.

23 years old actually.

NYtilIdie
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
It doesn't matter who Clev signs whether its Artest or Ariza the fact is their going to be SERIOUS championship contendes.
But we need to relax cause just because they talk with Clev or Lebron doesn't mean their going to Clev

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Ummm..... last I checked we just won the title, getting Shaqs fat *** doesn't make them the favorites.

chill out man. I made that comment based on his point of view. Not mine.

But what I was getting at was maybe he didnt think LA would re-sign Lamar or him, so the wouldnt win next year....

zambo4president
07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
So would Ariza play at the 2 spot? Or he's a 6th man... And please don't say LeBron might be playing at the 4 spot.

I can`t recall where but i read somewhere today that LeBron is going to move to the 4, or start getting alot more minutes there.

SPFLDeazyp
07-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Lakers are the best team in the league right now, and until they are dethrowned (how the **** is that spelled?) they will continue to be. as a C's fan, Lakers winning it this year makes it so much better for next year when its another Celtics - Lakers Finals.

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:44 PM
:rolleyes: homer much?

Well CLeveland would be better than LA if LA doesnt re-sign Lamar or Ariza and Cleveland gets Ariza or ARtest..

still1ballin
07-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Well CLeveland would be better than LA if LA doesnt re-sign Lamar or Ariza and Cleveland gets Ariza or ARtest..

If Ariza leaves, Lakers will sign Odom. If Ariza goes and signs with the Cavs then Artest most likely will sign with the Lakers. If that happens, then the Lakers improve greatly.

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:56 PM
ouch. my brain hurts. when i find the guy who invented free agency i will kill him.

ElMarroAfamado
07-02-2009, 12:01 AM
damn trevor would be my favorite player if he came with us
hahahah
we are across the hall!!

but i doubt it apparently we just unloaded randolph for Q Rich!

kb24ap28
07-02-2009, 12:03 AM

guess thats wut ariza meant wen he said he wasnt leavin "la"

ElMarroAfamado
07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
and trevor is a great role player
but i mean nothing is guaranteed..unless the cavs get another bonafied all star in his prime....
i doubt they are going to do much in the playoffs.....and its going to be hard because whoever decides to go play with them well they are just going to get bombarded when the Cavs dont win it all again....
remember with or without Trevor..the Lakers are still the defending champs.
and they are pretty damn good

plpfctn
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
ariza can leave. ariza is not hard to replace. ariza was successful only b/c he played with great players on his team. sasha vujachic put up better numbers than ariza two years ago when he was on the floor with kobe and the gang. ariza thinks he is bigger than the lakers. he's not. also, odom is difficult to replace. rather have odom than ariza. odom can SF and he'll take ariza spot. no big deal. NY and orlando didn't want him so that should tell you something.

dre1990
07-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Is it possible that he goes to NY? he would fit in nice with them and they would still have enough $ to get a big FA next summer

AirJordanXVIII
07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
am i the only one that thinks Odom is more important and Ariza is really not that good.

I with you.

AI4MVP
07-02-2009, 12:48 AM
if the lakers sign artest and resign odom and let ariza walk to the cavs, i think the lakers are the favorites.

but if the cavs sign artest, they are the favorites...so yes..i pretty much just said artest is the deal breaker here.

hes sooo underrated. he can do everything on the basketball court

AI4MVP
07-02-2009, 12:48 AM
if the lakers sign artest and resign odom and let ariza walk to the cavs, i think the lakers are the favorites.

but if the cavs sign artest, they are the favorites...so yes..i pretty much just said artest is the deal breaker here.

but wow. how interesting w

AI4MVP
07-02-2009, 12:50 AM

but wow. how

yojoe792
07-02-2009, 01:15 AM

Ariza is a role player, make no mistake, but he is SO important. We really need both, or Artest, which is not going to happen I'm afraid.

Vee-Rex
07-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Stop spamming.

If Cleveland somehow lands Artest then I'm going to build a time machine and teleport to November.

SeoulBeatz
07-02-2009, 01:18 AM
someone is going to severely overpay for trevor.

i like the kids game and he is a good role player but he doesnt deserve to be getting THIS much attention on the free agent market.

the lakers will be fine if they just resign odom.

jim51990
07-02-2009, 01:22 AM
boston should go hard at him he fits their need

ko8e24
07-02-2009, 01:29 AM
I HATE FREE AGENCY!

It's as stressful as the actual nba season/playoffs. Money money money. Your ***** without a championship. I hate agents!

MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNING IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Ariza doesn't realize that after Kobe retires, it on him, Andrew, and the last couple of yeras of Gasol to lead the lakers. He can be one of the team captains in the future, but looks like this idiot doesn't understand.

FaceDown91
07-02-2009, 01:34 AM
I HATE FREE AGENCY!

It's as stressful as the actual nba season/playoffs. Money money money. Your ***** without a championship. I hate agents!

Ariza doesn't realize that after Kobe retires, it on him, Andrew, and the last couple of yeras of Gasol to lead the lakers. He can be one of the team captains in the future, but looks like this idiot doesn't understand.

you should blame ariza's agent david lee since he has been doing all the talking for him lol

WillisLovechild
07-02-2009, 01:39 AM

From the UCLA days that they never shared? Baron is like 30 and Ariza just turned 24, they never played at UCLA together.

I agree. Ariza is good but Odom is the better player.

Damn... if that's true.

No way no how. Lakers are top dogs until someone unseats them.

jnozilla
07-02-2009, 01:41 AM

yeh ur the only one.. without him lakers would be the same lakers.. he brought toughness and defense to that team

bogmon
07-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Cleveland will likely overpay for him and put together another make-shift patchwork line-up that has mad potential on paper, but no real chemistry in the clutch....

How many times is Danny Ferry gonna get to blow this team up and rebuild before the ownership realizes enough is enough and fire the dude already?

LeBron is so GONE in 2010!

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2009, 01:52 AM
ariza is an idiot.....can't create his own shot, defense is okay, but nothing extraordinary.......he can easily be replaced for someone much cheaper

matt barnes von wafer and anthony parker = ariza...hell they might be even better

if I were lakers or cleveland I wouldn't give him the MLE....Ron's the one you need to be going after..........

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2009, 01:53 AM
yeh ur the only one.. without him lakers would be the same lakers.. he brought toughness and defense to that team

odom is inconsistent like hell, but there are not a lot cats in the league who can duplicate his skill set...........ariza is easier to replace, therefore odom > ariza

kblo247
07-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Artest on the Radio since it pertains and I listened to him

Ron said

That two of his childhood friends were there, but he couldn't say their name or let them talk by the phone because people would know who they are and he wouldn't want to put them out there like that

He admitted the twittering about him being done with Houston is BS because to quote him,
"Even if I doesn't play there anymore the fans embraced me and I would like to give back to their community and that he wouldn't trade his year of playing with Yao for nothing in the world and they will remain friends, but sometimes you have to leave your friends and family."

He didn't sign a NBA deal because he can't till next week, and that he signed an endorsement deal for 6 years.

The host mentioned Ariza and he said that Trevor played well for the Lakers, but from what he has heard he is looking for more money and that when you have to let someone go someone else will more likely seize the opportunity to take over.

He says that he has enjoyed his day and his life.

The announcer pointed out that he, Kobe, and Lamar are two of his close friends and Ron said I know and I got to go back to dinner now and laughed before saying thank you for the time on your show and you all will see next week when I can talk about it as a player.

Boston Faithful
07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Did the Lakers not see the Celtics lose Posey last season and the dramatic effect it had on them?!

The Lakers are so stupid.

kblo247
07-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Ariza turned down 6-7mil because we have his bird rights and can pay more. He wants 9-10mil form us according to Broussard, and his agent said that he will sign for less with another team (Cavs) if we don't pony up the extra money.

WillisLovechild
07-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Artest on the Radio since it pertains and I listened to him

I know one of the guys he's talking about is Odom, so hopefully that means he wants to come to the Lakers.

Did the Lakers not see the Celtics lose Posey last season and the dramatic effect it had on them?!

Ha, different situations. They can afford to let Ariza go because they can get a guy just as good for cheaper and they can then re-sign Odom. Bring in Barnes or Parker, maybe Dahntay Jones. If they feel like spending then they can bring Artest in, and then be that much better. Mitch is a great GM, he won't mess things up.

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Ariza is overrated....I don't know why cleveland is even pursuing him.............

kblo247
07-02-2009, 02:12 AM
For 10mil you need to be able to get your own shot or one for others better than Luke Walton to me personally

GspLAL
07-02-2009, 02:13 AM
It's possible that this is just propaganda so he gets a bigger contract, but you never know, he played very good last season so I'm sure he wants more money.

salimstoudamire
07-02-2009, 02:16 AM

Bro, bro. I am a Celtic hater, but.......The Celtics didnt have Garnett! Kevin ****in Garnett. Only played in 57 games. He is, in my eyes, their best player because he can play on both ends of the court and can do everything at an exceptional level. You actually think its because they didnt have James Posey that they didnt do well in the playoffs? Talkin wild bro.

JJ_JKidd
07-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Wtf does he want a Finals MVP??? He wins a chip and leaves the Lakers. What a MOFO. I hope Lakers release him and he goes to a team wherein hell be injured or be like TMac. Screw u and your money Trevor!

salimstoudamire
07-02-2009, 02:21 AM
ariza is an idiot.....can't create his own shot, defense is okay, but nothing extraordinary.......he can easily be replaced for someone much cheaper

matt barnes von wafer and anthony parker = ariza...hell they might be even better

if I were lakers or cleveland I wouldn't give him the MLE....Ron's the one you need to be going after..........

Completely agree with you man. Go back and watch all the film of him in the playoffs. Sure he made a few clutch plays on the defensive side, but how many times did you see him create the shot? He would always get wide open looks from three either because of the double team on Kobe or Gasol. Couldnt be more right man. I wish they had a stat for WideOpen3% and Contested3%. Dont get me wrong, I sorta like Ariza, but he is getting way too much time in the spotlight this offseason.

geloman
07-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Another update from ******:

http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/60272/20090702/ariza_to_receive_big_payday_from_blazers_or_raptor s/

Not sure how reliable, but looks like he may get a big payday.

Boston Faithful
07-02-2009, 02:29 AM
I know one of the guys he's talking about is Odom, so hopefully that means he wants to come to the Lakers.

Ha, different situations. They can afford to let Ariza go because they can get a guy just as good for cheaper and they can then re-sign Odom. Bring in Barnes or Parker, maybe Dahntay Jones. If they feel like spending then they can bring Artest in, and then be that much better. Mitch is a great GM, he won't mess things up.

Mitch is not a good GM. Trading Caron Butler for Kwame Brown is not a smart move and neither is letting Trevor Ariza walk.

He gets heralded for doing the Pau Gasol trade just because Chris Wallace is incredibly stupid. Great.

Lakers4ItAll
07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Mitch is not a good GM. Trading Caron Butler for Kwame Brown is not a smart move and neither is letting Trevor Ariza walk.

He gets heralded for doing the Pau Gasol trade just because Chris Wallace is incredibly stupid. Great.

You don't have any idea what you are talkin about

kblo247
07-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Mitch

Traded for Trevor, Shannon, and Pau
Drafted Luke, Sasha, Jordan, and Bynum
Signed Fisher, DJ, and Josh
Kept Odom and Kobe

that is the 12 guys who got us the title so how is he not a good gm?

Our team never had fans wearing paper bags in the stand or chanting MVP to other teams players because we only missed the playoffs once so don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Derick713
07-02-2009, 02:45 AM

Everyone knows that Odom is more talented than Ariza. Odom is a Franchise type talent. There's a reason the Magic let Ariza go. He's not proven to be the most durable player. He was injured during his first season in LA. He benefited from playing next Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. Ariza didn't exactly shut-down certain players. He hit open three's and made hustle plays which most would do in a contract year. If someone overpays Ariza they could end up disappointed because when you pay someone big money you usually expect a lot and Ariza is more of a player that does the little things.

The Lakers made the mistake of giving Vujacic and Walton bad contracts after both players really only had one break out season. Ariza is a replaceable talent. What Odom gives the Lakers can’t be replaced.

UPGRADES- THE MARKET GIVES THE LAKERS A CHANCE
RON ARTEST
SHAWN MARION
MATT BARNES
GRANT HILL

VIA TRADE
JAMES POSEY

If the Lakers lose Ariza they can still go after Artest. Shawn Marion is also available and the market for him doesn’t look great which means the Lakers could jump in and steal him.

BoltLakerPadre
07-02-2009, 02:47 AM
I'd hate to lose Ariza, I really liked the guy. But if he's going to get his money, good for him. His D is great, when open he can hit threes at a nice clip, and he's exciting to watch. But without Kobe and Gasol getting him as open as you can be, he will probably regress.

I'd hate to lose Ariza, but bringing in Artest would help take the sting off the loss.

salimstoudamire
07-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Mitch

Traded for Trevor, Shannon, and Pau
Drafted Luke, Sasha, Jordan, and Bynum
Signed Fisher, DJ, and Josh
Kept Odom and Kobe

that is the 12 guys who got us the title so how is he not a good gm?

Our team never had fans wearing paper bags in the stand or chanting MVP to other teams players because we only missed the playoffs once so don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Well played.

GoatMilk
07-02-2009, 02:50 AM

he's no different than Danny Ainge.

Ainge is so overrated

junion
07-02-2009, 03:06 AM
i love ariza and want him to stay with the lakers, but if he's searching for more money, and gets it somewhere else, then good for him. he got his championship with the lakers, and his stock is so high right now, and if someone is going to pay his double or even more than the lakers are offering, then he should go for it.

if i work for the biggest company of the year, making $50K. then a smaller company offers me $100K, i think i'll go for the smaller company offering $100K

i think the lakers are smart to not offer him too much. yes he's important, but for the money he's asking, i think it's better to thank him for what he did, and let him walk.

dee279
07-02-2009, 03:16 AM

Trust me, u are not the only one.

1amLEGEND
07-02-2009, 03:24 AM
I don't want Ariza to leave, but I do like the idea of Artest coming to the Lakers. Imagine this:

Fisher/Farmar?Brown
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Walton/Morrison
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

it looks good in print but c'mon :laugh2: this guy would be Isiah Rider all over again. Kobe is pretty "hands on" & im thinkin ron ron won't be having any of that come crunch time.

1amLEGEND
07-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Trust me, u are not the only one.

odom has been there from a while now...drought... ariza gets there... ring

just saying... this could be Caron Butler all over again talent wise.:shrug:

SeoulBeatz
07-02-2009, 03:47 AM
I HATE FREE AGENCY!

if u were in ariza's shoes i guarantee you wouldn't be saying all that.

Vinny642
07-02-2009, 03:59 AM
OMFG the Cavs want everyone, where the hell do they got all this money?
Im glad the Lakers arent keeping Ariza, if he goes anywhere other then LA or to the Cavs, cool. LOL It'd be so f'ed up if he signed the MLE for the Cavs and not with the Lakers

Pau for Geico
07-02-2009, 03:59 AM
^ xD... exactly.

Anyways, welcome Ron Ron to L.A (looks like he will come)

I can't wait to see Artest & Sasha's first fight.

JayW_1023
07-02-2009, 04:02 AM
If I were Ariza I'd stay with the Lakers. I'm so sick of all these players wanting to be the man. What's wrong with being on the Lakers, a team that'll contend the next 5 years anyway.

RISE ABOVE
07-02-2009, 04:37 AM
He's mad because they Lakers have only offered him the MLE so far. (5.6 mil.)
Only Toronto & the Blazers have money to give him more than that. Plus T or B are going after Turk, and he'll end up going to one one those teams. The Griz have money but are set at small forward with Gay.
There are guys like Odom, Artest who also are on the market & probably deserve more money. I just don't see a team offering more that the MLE. Maybe a mil over the mid level in the 6.5 range would get him.

GspLAL
07-02-2009, 04:39 AM
if u were in ariza's shoes i guarantee you wouldn't be saying all that.

Well being a role player who made pretty big contributions definitely takes up your value, AND playing with one of the best leaders all time will mold you into a better player in the long run, making you worth even more money.

philab
07-02-2009, 04:44 AM
How many times is Danny Ferry gonna get to blow this team up and rebuild before the ownership realizes enough is enough and fire the dude already?

Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

Ferry blew up the team ONCE. That happened with the Wallace, Smith, West trade. In making that trade, he also shed Larry Hughes' atrocious contract and pitiful play and shed Drew Gooden's underachieving ***. By all accounts, that was a great trade given what Ferry had to work with.

Since then Ferry has traded Joe Smith for Mo Williams (another solid trade) and Wallace and Pavlovic for Shaq (a no risk trade). That's it. Two trades for single players over the course of two seasons is NOT "blowing the team up."

Everything Ferry has done has been almost Christ-like given the ineptitude of Jim Paxson. Paxson was the one who let Boozer go, signed Hughes, traded a 1st for Jiri Welsch, and drafted Luke Jackson, DeSagna Diop, and Dajuan Wagner with top ten picks.

Quit talking out of your ***.

JayW_1023
07-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Well being a role player who made pretty big contributions definitely takes up your value, AND playing with one of the best leaders all time will mold you into a better player in the long run, making you worth even more money.

Yet I wish there were more players who would just give that all up just to add a title to their resumé.

Ariza has no better chance to do that than with the LA Lakers playing alongside Kobe Bryant.

He may be young now...but as Gasol and Odom start to slow down, it'll be perfect intangibles for Ariza to become the Pippen to Kobes Jordan once he hits his prime.

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 07:37 AM

That's a good point. A starting PF is still vital for the Cavs though as well if they make this move.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-02-2009, 07:45 AM
LOL for that he would accept the Lakers MLE

If he leaves, Artest will be arriving to LA

I just ccant see Artest and Kobe playing together. They can say what they want , but its obvious to me they plain dont like each other.

SouljahPhil...
07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I just ccant see Artest and Kobe playing together. They can say what they want , but its obvious to me they plain dont like each other.

research some things and you will know you are wrong....Both bryant and Artest are good friends and they have a ton of respect for each other...

Kabowdos
07-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Ariza is leaving because of money obviously?? That is what I am thinking, so why would he sign for the Cavs who can not provide a substantial amount of money to him? It is more about the money than winning the championship. I don't think he will be staying or going to the Cavs.

mikantsass
07-02-2009, 08:33 AM
He'd be a good fit in Houston or Dallas

younggunn113
07-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Ariza is leaving because of money obviously?? That is what I am thinking, so why would he sign for the Cavs who can not provide a substantial amount of money to him? It is more about the money than winning the championship. I don't think he will be staying or going to the Cavs.

He saw the Lakers initial MLE offer as a slap in the face. He thinks he's worth more than that, but IMO youre only worth what people are willing to offer for you. As of now its MLE and he's probably just trying to spite the Lakers since he feels like they low balled him. Odom is more important to the team, but if they let Ariza walk they better bring in Ron. I'm fine with that, I mean seriously, before LA who was Trevor Ariza anyway? It was a contract year, and his break out year, which always scares me. If he signs with the Cavs to spite LA, I'm going to prayyyyy that LBJ leaves for NY after next year and leave Ariza on a team with not much talent since he's being immature about this. You're only worth what people are willing to pay, his agent probably blew his head up. He was a very good role player, thats all. Players like that can be replaced, he's a "stopper" who caught fire from 3 in the playoffs. Odoms talent set can't really be found anywhere else. I'd rather not see him go to the Cavs, but if they meet in the finals the storylines would be out the ***.

LakerMikeNJ
07-02-2009, 09:16 AM
He saw the Lakers initial MLE offer as a slap in the face. He thinks he's worth more than that, but IMO youre only worth what people are willing to offer for you. As of now its MLE and he's probably just trying to spite the Lakers since he feels like they low balled him. Odom is more important to the team, but if they let Ariza walk they better bring in Ron. I'm fine with that, I mean seriously, before LA who was Trevor Ariza anyway? It was a contract year, and his break out year, which always scares me. If he signs with the Cavs to spite LA, I'm going to prayyyyy that LBJ leaves for NY after next year and leave Ariza on a team with not much talent since he's being immature about this. You're only worth what people are willing to pay, his agent probably blew his head up. He was a very good role player, thats all. Players like that can be replaced, he's a "stopper" who caught fire from 3 in the playoffs. Odoms talent set can't really be found anywhere else. I'd rather not see him go to the Cavs, but if they meet in the finals the storylines would be out the ***.

I love how his agent is saying they are not showing that they want to keep him b/c they won't pay more than other teams. Players almost never give teams a hometown discount but they expect the hometown team to pay them more than others b/c they helped win a title??? I love Trevor and all, but if he goes to a team for the MLE to spite the Lakers for not offering him more, it is ridiculous. Hopefully they are just trying to scare the Lakers into giving him around 6 to 6.5 million per year. Odom is definitely more important b/c he creates matchup problems and does so many things. If the Lakers lose Ariza, go get Artest and sign Odom.

LakersnDodgers
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Fisher/Farmar?Brown
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Walton/Morrison
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

Morrison and Farmar are going to be dealt at some point so they can use that money to re-sign Brown---thats what i've heard.

I love Ariza but he is NO Ron Artest! Ron Ron in a Laker uniform is most likely going to happen if Ariza leaves---and thats the way it looks right now.Odom is more important to this team than Ariza and the Lakers know that.

Giantwarrior
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
The lakers should go after ron artest, let ariza walk.

27atwater
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM

How is he being immature? You siad it yourself...Only worth what people wanna pay ya. The dude is basically seing if someone wants to pay him more. If that happens, he will obviously have been worth it.

I personally don't think he's the next great thing, but dude has the right to see what is out there. He knows teams want him.

king4day
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
that would be a Lakers-Cavs finals matchuo fo' sho'!

If LA loses Ariza, I'd put the Spurs ahead of them at the moment. That's a huge hole left to fill.
If they got Artest though that would change right back.

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
If LA loses Ariza, I'd put the Spurs ahead of them at the moment. That's a huge hole left to fill.
If they got Artest though that would change right back.

This depends on if the Spurs get Rasheed IMO. But if Ron Artest land in LA, I agree the Lakers are headed back

king4day

I think this is it too without a doubt.
He's never had a big contract in his career yet and this is his chance.
If the Lakers and Cavs offer the same amount and he chooses the Cavs, then I'd consider it insulting to LA. But if he takes a couple mil more elsewhere, I can't blame him.

27atwater
Yeah...don't sleep on SA. They are slowly becoming more athletic and younger. W/ George Hill, Mason Jr, Jefferson, Blair, etc mixed w/ the big 3, this team will be nasty again. The key will obviously be Manu's health, but I personally think his body was just tired from the international play, etc. I think he'll be refreshed and rejuvinated.

...and there is still talk of landing one more FA big man.

king4day
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
This depends on if the Spurs get Rasheed IMO. But if Ron Artest land in LA, I agree the Lakers are headed back

Good point.
I just meant at the moment though. If Sheed goes to SA and Artest goes to LA, it'd be pretty even for both. What a WCF that could be.

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Good point.
I just meant at the moment though. If Sheed goes to SA and Artest goes to LA, it'd be pretty even for both. What a WCF that could be.

Yeah, & Denver will definitely need to make moves looking at the way SA and LAL are trying to improve. Ariza in Cleveland if it happens will put them back in ECF as well

mitch91
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
i read the first four pages and nobody seemed to answer, but where would trevor play if he went to the cavs? two gaurd? bench? sf and move lebron to pf?

and why is everybody assuming that werever ariza goes, then artest will go to the other team? like everybody is sayin if ariza goes to cavs the ron goes to LA and the other way round

Ace33Bone
07-02-2009, 09:49 AM

I agree 100% Ariza was just put in the perfect situation... I mean damn half of the time no one was even guarding him one the offensive end. He just flourished off of the fact that Kobe and Gasol commanded a double team. Now i will give credit where credit is due... he is a hell of a defender, but if I were the Lakers I would much rather have Lamar. Being a huge Cavs fan if Ariza gets in the way of us getting Artest then let him stay in LA... I'd much rather have "the warrior" along side LBJ. And there is no way that we can let Artest go to LA that = Lakers 2010 champs

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
i read the first four pages and nobody seemed to answer, but where would trevor play if he went to the cavs? two gaurd? bench? sf and move lebron to pf?

and why is everybody assuming that werever ariza goes, then artest will go to the other team? like everybody is sayin if ariza goes to cavs the ron goes to LA and the other way round

It seems highly logical with the whole Ariza/Ron thing but you are righ there is no guarantee. But I feel Ariza will start at the SG with the Cavs...making D-West a potential 6th man of the year. The Cavs will still need to find a starting PF b/c LeBron is best at SF

LakerMikeNJ
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
How is he being immature? You siad it yourself...Only worth what people wanna pay ya. The dude is basically seing if someone wants to pay him more. If that happens, he will obviously have been worth it.

I personally don't think he's the next great thing, but dude has the right to see what is out there. He knows teams want him.

I think the point was that it is being immature if he goes to Cleveland to spite the Lakers for offering only the equivalent of the MLE, which is all that Cleveland can offer. He has never had a big contract, so if he can get more money from one of the teams with cap space (i.e. Portland, if they don't get Hedo, or Toronto) then he has every right to do that.

BALLER71
07-02-2009, 10:05 AM

x2

Odom is a very talented player, he's a big man who can dribble very well and shoot. He's a solid starter and in some teams he could be the number one or scoring option.

Gibby23
07-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Per Steve lavin on AM710:

His sources tell him the Houston Rockets are meeting with Trevor Ariza in Las Vegas today...

The Rockets ha? they must know Artest is a gonner!

Maybe Lakers and Rockets do a S & T of some sort with Artest and Ariza. Rockets get younger and start the rebuilding process and Lakers replace Ariza with Artest who is older but a better player.

DrDEADalready
07-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Maybe he wants to play with Shaq? :shrug:

plpfctn
07-02-2009, 03:36 PM
guarantee you ariza doesn't go to cleveland. it's probably portland or toronto where he can get big bucks. and don't count out the clippers. ariza loves hollywood and baron davis is his best friend. they're from the same hood and both went to UCLA.

IBleedPurple
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, & Denver will definitely need to make moves looking at the way SA and LAL are trying to improve. Ariza in Cleveland if it happens will put them back in ECF as well

Agreed. That is what I've been thinking during this whole FA debacle. Orlando, Cleveland, & SA have gotten better already. Boston will be healthy, and may make moves, and the Lakers will likely get someone.

Denver needs a big time move to stay up there with other teams. **** the luxury tax, they need to compete while Chauncey is still playing at a high level.

WillisLovechild
07-03-2009, 12:22 AM

Trading Caron wasn't a horrendous move, but yeah it wasn't great. Caron is a punk who gets in trouble, he's more of a hassle than he's worth. If he hadn't done that then we wouldn't have gotten Pau so screw that. Letting Trevor Ariza walk... how did Trevor get here again? Oh, Mitch traded some bums for him, that's right. What was it, Brian Cooke and Mo Evans? Then he traded a total bum in Vlad for Shannon, drafted some great potential in Bynum and Farmar, brought back Fish and he traded Shaq right as he was declining. That netted us Odom and ultimately netted us Pau too. Yeah, he's done a terrible job considering we just won an NBA title, but nothing big :rolleyes:.