PDA

View Full Version : Eastern conferance ranking

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:00 PM
here are my top 8 that I think will make the playoffs. whats yours?
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
7.Rapters(if they sign a good free agent)
8.Pacers

DenButsu
07-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Why in the world does everybody want to do all these prediction threads right now? There's three of them on the front page now, right on the first day of free agency negotions when a lot of actual fresh news is coming out and we have no idea what the rosters will look like yet.

:bang:

shonk688
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers

I dont know but I hope you are right about the Pacers making the playoffs.:)

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Why in the world does everybody want to do all these prediction threads right now? There's three of them on the front page now, right on the first day of free agency negotions when a lot of actual fresh news is coming out and we have no idea what the rosters will look like yet.

:bang:

if you dont like it then dont comment are read them

DenButsu
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
if you dont like it then dont comment are read them

Well, as much as I would like to ignore them right now, since I'm a mod I kind of have to pay attention to what's going on around here and read the threads.

I just don't understand why anybody is interested in playing prediction games at this time when so much real action is going on. That's what August is for.

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, as much as I would like to ignore them right now, since I'm a mod I kind of have to pay attention to what's going on around here and read the threads.

I just don't understand why anybody is interested in playing prediction games at this time when so much real action is going on. That's what August is for.

well my thinking is gives people something to talk about even if it is early. and i no theres is other stuff to talk about. but still just for fun.

Mckphins
07-01-2009, 11:21 PM
well my thinking is gives people something to talk about even if it is early. and i no theres is other stuff to talk about. but still just for fun.

But its not fun?

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
this is pre mature. Day one of free agency???

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
than close it if you guys font like it

cle12152433
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
chill out bro-sky.........we are just saying its hard to make these predictions when so much more will happen down the road....

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:27 PM
i no. its early and many things will change. i was just trying to see from right now were do people think teams stand.

JWO35
07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers

No Atlanta Hawks????

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
No Atlanta Hawks????

no i think they miss the playoffs by a game or 2 and no a lot of people will argue that.

Iggy8294
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
1.Magic
2.Cavaliers
3.Celtics
4.Wizards
5.Hawks
6.Sixers (I really hope they prove me wrong) GO SIXXERRSS!!!
7.Pistons
8.Heat

seeds 4-8 will really be close this year in my opinion

if u dont like these standings don't hate, this just wat i think

1. Magic I really think that the Finals experience will give them hunger, and make them a better team. It is going to be interesting to see vince fit in, and with turkoglu unlikely to come back i think it is going to be difficult to adjust without his presence, but they are really going to miss a big time playmaker

2. the cavs and magic will be close, it has shown that in a series magic come on top, but this is a 82 game season. there are MANY more opponents. Shaq will not solve their matchups problems, but will bring experience and leadership. cavs are a championship caliber team

3. Hopefully KG will return healthy, if rondo performs the way he did in the playoffs celtics will be dominant and be the race for homecourt advantage throughtout the ECF, but for now they are #3

4. Wizards got a healthy gilbert areanas, brendan haywood, they acquired mike miller and randy foye, they still got their core, butler and jaminson, and they have a bunch of young potential guys, and hired flip saunders, that smells like a successful season for the wizards

5. Even if they don't sign bibby, they signed jamal crawford (which i.m.o was a great move), they drafted a good young point guard out of wake forest, jeff teague, and they still have their main pieces, johnson, horford, and smith.

6. Sixers hired new coach Eddie Jordan. As a sixers fan i would have like a bigger name, like jeff van gundy, or avery johnson to get more national recognition, but this was also a good choice too. I can't tell u enough how sick i was of seeing igoudala take a random catch-and-shoot 3 pointer. igoudala is not a catch-and-shoot guy, hopefully he will design a play where someone is open and help us with our halfcourt offence

7. If pistons do siign villanueva and gordon they will have a very deep team. I dont know what theyre going to do with Rasheed but if they sign those players and keep the same team, they will be dangerous.

8. I really don't think the heat have the same stuff to be #5 seed again. Wade will still be dominant i just don't know if he will get enough help on the offensive side consistently. However Chalmers will have a big year.

4-8 will be a dog fight similar to the western conference

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-01-2009, 11:36 PM
i know top 3 will be magic cavs and celtics.
im not sure about 4-8.. all i want is the nets back in.

Mckphins
07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Hawks will make playoffs

dre1990
07-02-2009, 12:34 AM
1.Celtics
2.Cavs
3.Magic
4.Pistons
5.ATL
6.Bobcats
7.Heat
8.Wizards (wont stay healthy IMO, but not as bad as last year, so they make they playoffs)

Korman12
07-02-2009, 01:23 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Orlando (Assuming Turk goes, very likely)
3. Boston
4. Atlanta
5. Philadelphia
6. Detroit (Depending on the coaching situation. If they get a good one then Philly and Detroit swap places.)
7. Chicago
8. Charlotte/Miami

With the New York, Indiana, and Washington (I'm still very uncertain about their health) all in the running.

Wiz kids
07-02-2009, 01:37 AM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers

1 - Cleveland (if Shaq is half the player he once was)
2 - Orlando (if Vince can fill Hedo's shoes, and Jameer is back)
3 - Boston (if they get Rasheed, and KG is back)
4 - Washington (if Gilbert is Gilbert again)
5 - Atlanta (if Bibby is back)
6 - Miami (if Beasley improves/O'neal is what he used to be)
7 - Philadelphia (if they buy into Eddie Jordan's Princeton offense)
8 - Chicago (if they get Rose a legit low post threat)

ajay0301
07-02-2009, 02:22 AM
1. Orlao Magic
2. Cleavlend Cavs
3. Boston Celtics

ajay0301
07-02-2009, 02:51 AM
1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Detroit
5. Clippers
6. Bobcats(if Iverson is signed)
7. Atlanta
8. Miami

*Magic 1st because they have signed Carter and lost hedo but will still be better with just Vince

*Cavs 2nd because they signed shaq but the east wont be as easy as last year. They now have to compete with Magic.

*Celtics 3rd because they are still that good team with garnett. That ring in 08 cant go away

*Detroit 4th because they fired Curry and will get 2 stars now. i really dont think there worth 4th now but no one else fits there

*Clippers(you think im crazy huh?) because they have a talented team especially with Blake and all they need is baron and dunleavy to work together

*Bobcats(if they sign Iverson)because he would give them that extra scoring they need and would be a grat fit

*Atlanta because after what they did this seaon you cant possibly think they cant make it(they can go either way with Miami in 8th)

*Miami because Wade ISNT going to let them down over there & will get his job done.(they can go either way with Atlanta in 7th)

NEXT IN LINE:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Indiana
5. New York
6. Bucks
7. New Jersey

Mckphins
07-02-2009, 04:24 AM
1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Detroit
5. Clippers
7. Atlanta
8. Miami

*Magic 1st because they have signed Carter and lost hedo but will still be better with just Vince

*Cavs 2nd because they signed shaq but the east wont be as easy as last year. They now have to compete with Magic.

*Celtics 3rd because they are still that good team with garnett. That ring in 08 cant go away

*Detroit 4th because they fired Curry and will get 2 stars now. i really dont think there worth 4th now but no one else fits there

*Clippers(you think im crazy huh?) because they have a talented team especially with Blake and all they need is baron and dunleavy to work together

*Bobcats(if they sign Iverson)because he would give them that extra scoring they need and would be a grat fit

*Atlanta because after what they did this seaon you cant possibly think they cant make it(they can go either way with Miami in 8th)

*Miami because Wade ISNT going to let them down over there & will get his job done.(they can go either way with Atlanta in 7th)

NEXT IN LINE:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Indiana
5. New York
6. Bucks
7. New Jersey

Well i can 100% guarantee something wrong with your picks. Im very intrigued at how u see clippers making top 8 in the east, when theyre in the west? Very interesting. But id go as far to say its impossible:p

ertanozgur
07-02-2009, 04:47 AM
no hawks?

JWO35
07-02-2009, 09:19 AM
1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Detroit
5. Clippers
7. Atlanta
8. Miami

NEXT IN LINE:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Indiana
5. New York
6. Bucks
7. New Jersey

Never knew the Clippers were an East Coast Team....

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers

Though this is really early to make these type of predictions, I do think the Wizards and Hawks will be in there

toronto_JazzFan
07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
the raptors will make the playoffs trust me, and prove to all u haters.

Ace33Bone
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers:puke:

U cannot be the serious you put the Pacers and Raptors in the playoffs over the HAwks. You must not watch basketball. Hawks will get that 4th or 5th seed. And the Cavs will get that #1 spot with Orlando losing Hedo soon that will be a big blow to them. If the Celtics sign Sheed then they will be #1.

Ace33Bone
07-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Though this is really early to make these type of predictions, I do think the Wizards and Hawks will be in there

great point S.Dot the wizards will definitely be in there as a 6 or 7 seed

CELTICS4LYFE
07-02-2009, 10:17 AM

thats a whle lotta if's lol i think bobcats will be in contention, they played hard last yr jus didnt win alot

1. celtics (homer :D )
2. cavs
3. magic
4. hawks
5. bulls
6. wizards
7. philly
8. bobcats

ajj22
07-02-2009, 10:23 AM
the raptors will make the playoffs trust me, and prove to all u haters.

i don't think its really a matter of 'hating' the raptors. right now, they're just not very good. we'll see if they make a good move with their cap space.

kbaxter34
07-02-2009, 10:26 AM

This is a good list. I might swap Boston and Orlando, but other then that I'm in agreement.

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
what? what about my nets?

S-Dot
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
what? what about my nets?

I love the knicks but i think the both of us will be on the outside looking in unfortunately, watch out for 2010-2011 though

prodigy
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
1.Magic
2.Cavs
3.Celtics
4.Pistons
5.76ers
6.Heat
8.Pacers

well considering the magic no longer have the height, and knowing that cleveland has owned vince carter since 2007.

1. cavs
2. boston
3. magic
4-9. Its up in the air really.

Caution1011
07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
thats a whle lotta if's lol i think bobcats will be in contention, they played hard last yr jus didnt win alot

1. celtics (homer :D )
2. cavs
3. magic
4. hawks
5. bulls
6. wizards
7. philly
8. bobcats

you're crazy if you think the heat aren't not going to make the playoffs.. Celtics homer typical.

minervamob
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Wizards
5. Bulls
6. Hawks
7. Pistons
8. Sixers

arkanian215
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
heh yeah. i dont mind though. i've got a team full of youngsters to like and no marbury (hopefully lee doesnt turn into him). lee apparently didn't like being traded and might hate being in jersey. he was dwights bff? lopez might be a little disgruntled too since anderson was shipped to orlando. they were roomies. yeah...

ZHAKIDD532
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
The Wizards will be in there. They're healthy now and add Mike Miller and Randy Foye to that.

RaysFan
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I will just give my Toop-5.

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Washington
5. Detroit

1. I just think Cleveland has done the most this off-season and they will add another piece or 2 before FA is over. People laugh Shaq off because he is old but he still has a solid 16 and 7 left in him and he gives Cleveland someone that they can dump the ball down to in the post....and when LeBron drives to the hoop, Shaq will be a BEAST on the offensive glass. If they add someone like Ron Artest then that just puts them over the top.

2. I question Boston because of their age. They are a really old team and KG is coming off of a serious injury. I still like their grit and toughness but their age is a big concern. Losing Powe and bringing in Wallace is almost a wash to me. I was a big Leon Powe fan.

3. Orlando would be #1 if they kept Hedo. I think Vince is a better player but Hedo is a better fit. I think giving up Hedo, Lee, Alston, and Battie for VC was a bit much. We will see what they do with Gortat and the PF position.

4. Washington made some nice moves. Plus they will be healthy. They will be scary during certain parts of the season, but at the end of the day their defense isn't good enough to compete with the top-3.

5. The same goes for Detroit. Nice additions but with their cap-space and resources I expected more. They will score but defend poorly.

mikantsass
07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
1. Cavs
2. Celts
3. Magic
4. Heat
5. Hawks
6. Bulls
7. 76ers
8. Bobcats

mser58
07-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Magic lost Turkoglu, there D is gonna be lackluster, O is gonna be killer, not gonna be better than Boston.

Lebron is a year better, Cavs will ride him still.

Detroit is still growing old even with two good pick ups, here is where my Sixers step up.

Miami will also ride one player, Wade, coming into his prime.

Atlanta has the same integral parts, but everyone else got better

Hell 8 spot is always crazy, I hope Charlotte can sneak in.

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Orlando
4. Philadelphia
5. Detroit
6. Miami
7. Atlanta
8. Charlotte

getnhigh
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
1.Cavaliers
2.Celtics
3.Magic
4.Heat
5.Raptors
6.Bobcats
7.Sixers
8.Pistons

WoodbridgeSkins
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
What is up with everyone skipping out on the Wiz? They're getting back Arenas and Haywood. Haywood looked great at the end of the season and Arenas should be healthy. Even if Arenas is slow to recover, we have Foye that can put up big numbers and Miller to give us the sharpshooter we lacked last year. It's impossible for the Wizards not to make the playoffs even if Arenas is not his old self.

HT9Canada
07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I understand the change in opinions because everyone has their favorite team. But Detroit will suck this year! Like their fans will be in shock :speechless:. anyteam that gains an undersized guard that doesnt play defense, a power forward who can play defence (and is totally ugly) won't make the playoffs. With a lineup of:
Stuckey
Gordon
Prince
Villaneuva
Brown
the team is not going anywhere, unless they make some more changes. But hey, maybe with this lineup, it will spark the return of the great former 1st overall pick. Kwame Brown. The next Dwight. :smoking: ya right. o and the Raptors will make the playoffs.:D

1.Cleveland
2.Orlando
3.Boston
4.Washington
5.Atlanta
6.Miami
7.Raptors
8.Bobcats