PDA

View Full Version : Isles get Dwayne Roloson

IceMan44
07-01-2009, 04:41 PM
2 years for 5 million.Good price but it makes ya wonder if the Isles are a little concerned about DiPietros health.We are going to be interesting to watch this year.

joe j.09
07-02-2009, 02:39 AM
can't be good news with DP....we draft TWO goalies in the 2nd round and sign rolston......not as concerned about the signing of rolston as i am about us drafting two goalies in the 2nd round......DP cant be in good shape and i think personally he might be finished :(

tsunami
07-02-2009, 02:55 AM
well you could be concerned and i'd be lying if i was to say i wasn't slightly concerned.
if dipi fails to play a good portion of the season i'm much happier with roloson than i would have been with joey mac or danis again.

but you could also view this as our goaltending depth sucks. the two players we drafted this year probably wont be in the nhl for at least 2 years if ever. roloson is going to be 40 years old and was only signed for 2 years. so all these moves could just be to have a good back up situation for the foreseeable future.

arliss
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
^^^^exactly, the isles only had one decent goalie prospect coming into this season...and dont forget the isles can always trade these guys away

roloson is a great pick up...he is a number 1 who doesnt have a problem playing 2nd fiddle...and if you saw on pointblank roloson says he has known dp for a long time and they get along great

GGGGG-Men
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Between the 2 goalie picks and the goalie youth already on the roster, Roloson is gonna be a nice veteran presence to coach them up for 2 years.

Garth is a sucker for an old goalie....go figure. :rolleyes: