PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason

Patrick Swayze
07-01-2009, 02:59 PM
The NBA forum has a mock off season game that they do with every team every year. This is different from the mock off season thread game that I created. I'm the GM for the Hornets. Each team has a GM and we play it like it's the real off season. I'll post my updated club house after each transaction for you guys to see and give my tips on what I should do with our team. Right now, I've got about 10 trade offers for Chris Paul, but he is staying put. I'm also getting a lot of offers for David West.

http://www.iphone-wallpapers.us/images/wallpapers/yhrxvmc1q.jpg

Roster
Chris Paul
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Eddy Curry
Eric Maynor
Marcus Thornton
Jeff Pendergraph
Reynaldo Balkman
Kevin Love
Ryan Gomes
Mike Miller

Depth Chart
PG - Chris Paul, Eric Maynor, Acie Law
SG - Rudy Gay, Mike Miller, Marcus Thornton
SF - Ryan Gomes, Julian Wright
PF - Zach Randolph, Reynaldo Balkman, Jeff Pendergraph
C - Kevin Love, Eddy Curry

Free Agents
Ryan Bowen
Melvin Ely
Sean Marks

2009 Draft Picks
Eric Maynor #21
Marcus Thornton #33
Jeff Pendergraph #39

Transactions
1.) Hornets receive: Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins
1.) Clippers receive: Julian Wright, Hilton Armstrong, Morris Peterson, Antonio Daniels

2.) Hornets receive: Rudy Gay, Travis Deiner, Hamed Haddadi
2.) Grizzlies receiver: David West

3.) Hornets receive: 2009 #33th pick and 2009 #39th pick
3.) Blazers receive: James Posey

4.) Hornets receive: 2012 2nd rounder, One Trade Exception
4.) Warriors receive: Hamed Haddadi

5.) Hornets receive: Julian Wright
5.) Hawks receive: Mardy Collins, 2012 second round.

6.) Hornets receive: Eddy Curry, Acie Law
6.) Jazz receive: Peja Stojakovic, Travis Deiner

7.) Hornets receive: Kevin Love, Ryan Gomes, Mike Miller
7.) Wolves receive: Tyson Chandler, Rasual Butler, Acie Law

Signed:
Reynaldo Balkman

tland22
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
sweet...what are some of the D WEST offers.....

CP3 is untouchable in my opinion.

Patrick Swayze
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
sweet...what are some of the D WEST offers.....

CP3 is untouchable in my opinion.

I'm not going to mention the West trades unless someone would by chance look at this thread. A few offers I've got for Paul are:

Rondo and Pierce for Paul and Chandler

Jose Calderon and Shawn Marion for Paul

Kevin Martin, Beno Udrih and Donte' Greene for Paul. I said no to that and apparently they thought they were even over paying for Paul.

Chris Paul won't be traded unless I'm getting Lebron along with a starting point guard.

tland22
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
oh okay, could u message me about the west offers possibly?

Patrick Swayze
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
oh okay, could u message me about the west offers possibly?

What did you think of them?

tland22
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
well, I thought It was okay, but what we would be getting in return in NO WAY would be able to replace D West's scoring...which we are in desperate need of LOL. I dont think that particular draft pick is good enough to get us a decent player even. 15 and 21 is essentialy the same pick I guess LOL. And I kinda lked the other one, I woldnt mind having monte ellis int here, he is a supreme quick SG who cant be stopped from getting into the lane....and can also shoot. I wish he wouldda been thrown in there, because that would have made it better, but again, we would have no solid starter at PF, but our SG position would be stacked wit ellis and Corey Mag.

From what i know Id think we are better off keeping \West so far...

VCaintdead17
07-01-2009, 08:12 PM
You know I'm your co right? And I'm one of the veteran GM's this time around, so, stick by me, AND WE WILL DESTROY ALL!

Patrick Swayze
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
You know I'm your co right? And I'm one of the veteran GM's this time around, so, stick by me, AND WE WILL DESTROY ALL!

Yup, I sent you an email. I see have a new notification, so it may even be from you.

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 01:26 AM
So we have agreed to make a trade with the Pacers. Here is how the trade will go down if it is approved.

Hornets get:
Danny Granger
Mike Dunleavy

Pacers get:
David West
Julian Wright
Antonio Daniels
Devin Brown
2009 First

This is how are new starting line up will look if approved.

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Mike Dunleavy
SF - Danny Granger
PF - (Big free agent signing)
C- Tyson Chandler

What are you thoughts on the trade? I really wasn't big on the trade, but I got convinced to agree with it.

Mckphins
07-04-2009, 02:50 AM
^ i personally like it. Put bass in the pf position! Granger on same team as Paul would be sick!

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 03:02 AM
^ i personally like it. Put bass in the pf position! Granger on same team as Paul would be sick!

We are looking for a more of a scoring threat down low to play PF. We sent out a trade offer for someone. We haven't heard back yet.

tland22
07-04-2009, 06:31 AM
nice trade....i'll take it!

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Hahahaha I'm amazed at some of the dumb offers I've been getting for Chris Paul. Every one is overrating their players so much. Kevin Love for Chris Paul or Danny Granger????? HAHAHA!

I'm a dumb GM for not wanting to get rid of Chris Paul. Every one wants him for a reason. I want to keep him for the same reason.

tland22
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
hahahahaha funny stuff

tland22
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
we are stacked...i like Mike Dun and Butler complimenting each other..thats pretty damn nice.

I think Bass would be okay as a scorer....he only avgs 19 mins with the Mavs and has solid numbers...imaghine if he started....he could easily give us 15ppg...

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Just think if we get the scoring PF we want. Like Chris Bosh. Unstoppable.

tland22
07-04-2009, 03:11 PM
oh yea, thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a DREAM

tland22
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
WHO'S AVAILABLE? aND HOW HOW DO WE OBTAIN A SCORING pf???

tland22
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
ahhhh capslock

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 03:13 PM
WHO'S AVAILABLE? aND HOW HOW DO WE OBTAIN A SCORING pf???

I just inquired about Zach Randolph to play PF. My co-gm sent an offer for Antawn Jamison. I think I like Randolph better.

tland22
07-04-2009, 03:25 PM
:)

tland22
07-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Antwan is a MONSTER! Get him....id trade him straight up for D West... His shot is BETTER, he shoots the 3, plays mad D. And is so aggressive even at age. He has just as much left in the tank as D West probably lol. Im just using D West to show how highly i think of Antwan. I love him so much lol. he is far and away the wizards best player.....over butler and arenas, yes.

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Antwan is a MONSTER! Get him....id trade him straight up for D West... His shot is BETTER, he shoots the 3, plays mad D. And is so aggressive even at age. He has just as much left in the tank as D West probably lol. Im just using D West to show how highly i think of Antwan. I love him so much lol. he is far and away the wizards best player.....over butler and arenas, yes.

I told my GM to make the deal if they take what we offered. I made an offer for Randolph just in case the Jamison deal is rejected.

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Update:

So even though I've kept saying that I'm not trasing Chris Paul, but a great offer came up today and my Co-GM and I have agreed to make the trade.

Jazz get:
Chris Paul

Hornets get:
Mehmet Okur
Kyrylo Fesenko
2 future 2nds.

What do you guys all think? We've got two good centers now. Now we can use Chandler as trade bait.
Joke

tland22
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
NO hahaha thats a joke right?

tland22
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
No way man....why the 1st round picks Paul is good for another 10 years in the NBA man....we are PERFECT at that position

tland22
07-04-2009, 05:14 PM
2 second rounders lol? that is the worst trade in NBA history if ur serious LOLOLOL

PhillyLuver
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I think it's alright. Fesenko looks to be a stud in the NBA

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Haha, ok now that I got that out of my way.

IT WAS A SICK JOKE!

VCaintdead17
07-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah it was a joke. And Tland, why to you keep saying, "WE", you have no part in any decisions we make, at all. lol

tland22
07-05-2009, 01:02 AM
well I am a HORNETS fan....so I kind of do. Maybe not technically but you know... its our team in the mock off season. Ya u and Pat r controlling it but thats it. You know, why not just call it Patrick and Vcaint's team mock off season. Y even call it the Hornets then..... i will tell you why- cuz ur representing us Hornets fans etc...

tland22
07-05-2009, 01:05 AM
i hope that answered your question. And your a fake GM... Pat is the one with the brains. He atleast is inquiring us other fans about it about it. This mock season thing IS NOT just about you and him just because yall are the GM's etc...ya'll r carrying the hornets name behind it. Get off ur power trip dude.

spacemandave
07-05-2009, 01:30 AM
The Bulls are in discussions to sign free agent guard Jannero Pargo.
The plan would be for Pargo's presence to help offset the loss of Ben Gordon, who has verbally committed to sign with the Pistons. The Hornets are also interested in signing Pargo, who has played for both teams in the past.
Source: Chicago Tribune

goodbye pargo, hornets will be wondering where it all went wrong as pargo makes chicago forget about ben gordon...maybe we can use our midlevel exception on beno udrih be worth it for his wife to come around.

phlp_bj
07-05-2009, 10:17 AM
i hope that answered your question. And your a fake GM... Pat is the one with the brains. He atleast is inquiring us other fans about it about it. This mock season thing IS NOT just about you and him just because yall are the GM's etc...ya'll r carrying the hornets name behind it. Get off ur power trip dude.

amen.

BIGBREED
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
The Bulls are in discussions to sign free agent guard Jannero Pargo.
The plan would be for Pargo's presence to help offset the loss of Ben Gordon, who has verbally committed to sign with the Pistons. The Hornets are also interested in signing Pargo, who has played for both teams in the past.
Source: Chicago Tribune

goodbye pargo, hornets will be wondering where it all went wrong as pargo makes chicago forget about ben gordon...maybe we can use our midlevel exception on beno udrih be worth it for his wife to come around.

Jannero Pargo and his wife are building a brand new house in Chicago. There's a strong possibility that he will sign with CHI-TOWN

tland22
07-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Thank you Phlp bj

and Wow, that pretty interesting BREED; it'd be a nice pick up for the Bulls. Now that i know that, i just cant see him signing with NO.

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 02:10 AM
So my Co GM just dropped leaving me on my own. The Granger trade is also not happening now. What a mess.

tland22
07-06-2009, 12:45 PM
He was acting like a douche anyways....as you and everyone else could see.

tland22
07-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I mean, what is the entire POINT of having a mock off season thread etc... if the two GM are the only ones who can have input on the situation? Why create a thread? Why not just do it privately in a thread where only all the GM's can see it? I will tell you why, because that is a terrible idea, and that is not why PSD has this mock off season thing.

tland22
07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
So, exactly why is the Granger trade not happening now?

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
hey patrick, you should hire tland as your assistant. knows what he's talking about and better than vcaint

tland22
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
" wow this joke is not funny anymore. Way to drag it on.

Tool."

So, I was reading the official Mock offseason thread and this was Vcaintdead17's reply to Patrick and his joke on the Chris Paul trade etc.... this shows what kind of person he was anyways. What was that guy's problem?

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
i guess he just wanted most of the controls of his team. didn't want a co.

tland22
07-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Yea your right. I think Patrick will do a splendid job anyways...dont really need co's I guess. This is my first year in the forum so im not EXACTLY sure how things go, but that is the way it seems- one GM is sufficient, especially if they work hard like Patrick.

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks!

What do you think about trading my 1st, Hilton, and Devin Brown for Mike Dunleavy? I'm trying to get a 2nd rounder in that.

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
i would do that. but that overloads sf for you. peja becomes expandable. brown is horrible lol. dunleavy can score in bunches when healthy. but you just need to find a taker for peja then

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
i would do that. but that overloads sf for you. peja becomes expandable. brown is horrible lol. dunleavy can score in bunches when healthy. but you just need to find a taker for peja then

Peja is a SF. Dunleavy would be my shooting guard.

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
dunleavy is more of a sf himself. not a bad lineup though. i would do it.

paul-dunleavy-peja-west-chandler

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
dunleavy is more of a sf himself. not a bad lineup though. i would do it.

paul-dunleavy-peja-west-chandler

I'd still be looking for a SF. Or if I come across another SG then I'd move Dunleavy to SF and pick up the SG.

tland22
07-06-2009, 02:58 PM
yea that yea I agree that doesnt sound too bad, for only a first round pick. then we arent giving up any talent what so ever....Brown and Hilton STINK. Neither of them would give us as much production as Dunleavy would. A healthy Mike is capable of 19 points per game and shooting the 3pointer at a 42% clip....thats not bad. But we would need him to stay hea;thy. Our team is already injury ridden

tland22
07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Paul Pierce
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Caron Butler
Hedo Turkoglu
Rudy Gay
Ron Artest
Josh Smith
Stephen Jackson
Andre Iguodala
Richard Jefferson
Gerald Wallace
Tayshaun Prince

any chance we land any of these SF's???

Wallace, Butler, Jackson, Gay, and Granger are the ones I can see us REALISTICALLY going after. they are all good players as well. We could use our 1st rounder to aid us in luring one of them in...if we still have that available etc...

tland22
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
And, I dont know the status of LUOL Deng, but we could make a push for him, at a not so hefty price. he is a solid, efficient player. What ya'll think?

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Paul Pierce
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Caron Butler
Hedo Turkoglu
Rudy Gay
Ron Artest
Josh Smith
Stephen Jackson
Andre Iguodala
Richard Jefferson
Gerald Wallace
Tayshaun Prince

any chance we land any of these SF's???

Wallace, Butler, Jackson, Gay, and Granger are the ones I can see us REALISTICALLY going after. they are all good players as well. We could use our 1st rounder to aid us in luring one of them in...if we still have that available etc...

We had Granger in a deal, but the CO GM didn't want to do it. He isn't going anywhere. Durant was just traded for Lebron. I'm not parting with ways with CP3.

Most of these guys every one wants CP3 for. They overrate their players waaaaaaaay to high. It's hilarious.

Ps- The Dunleavy deal may not happen right now because the contracts don't work out. I thought he made the deal, so they did work out, but when I realized they didn't when I sent it in to the commish.

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Remember, I'm looking to get younger while still be able to contend.

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
did the dunleavy trade fall apart? or was it something else you were talking about in the lounge?

and can i get your opinion on my rebuilding team?

PG: Rodney Stuckey
SG: FA
SF: Martell Webster
PF: Paul Millsap
C: JaVale Mcgee

Bench: Crittenton, Sergio, B.Wright, D. Wright, C.J Miles, Amir Johnson, Kosta Koufos, 24th pick, 2nd. 25+ in cap space as well.

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 05:49 PM
did the dunleavy trade fall apart? or was it something else you were talking about in the lounge?

and can i get your opinion on my rebuilding team?

PG: Rodney Stuckey
SG: FA
SF: Martell Webster
PF: Paul Millsap
C: JaVale Mcgee

Bench: Crittenton, Sergio, B.Wright, D. Wright, C.J Miles, Amir Johnson, Kosta Koufos, 24th pick, 2nd. 25+ in cap space as well.

The trade hasn't fallen apart yet. He wanted Butler in the deal and I wanted to give him Peterson. Just before he finally agreed to the trade with Peterson, I got a trade offer for a draft pick for Peterson. I'm waiting to hear back on that one. If that doesn't happen then I'll make the trade with the Pacers.

I really think you need to find a FA center. If you're rebuilding it doesn't look so bad. Webster was injured all of last season so that's questionable.

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 06:26 PM
yah. not that many good fa centers available. has to be young too lol. cant have an old guy

but yah. this mock gm's are backing out of too many deals.

Vinny642
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
In my mock offseason mt team is

PG- Cp3/ George Hill
SG- JR Smith/ Wright
SF- Maggette/ Peja
PF- West/ Turiaf
C- Pryzbilla/(and i hope to get Sheed in FA)

Also i got Bonner, Dorsey, Davidson, M. Banks,

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
yah. not that many good fa centers available. has to be young too lol. cant have an old guy

but yah. this mock gm's are backing out of too many deals.

That's why I think I'm going to just keep Chandler. I've been getting a few offers for him in the past 20 minutes.

In my mock offseason mt team is

PG- Cp3/ George Hill
SG- JR Smith/ Wright
SF- Maggette/ Peja
PF- West/ Turiaf
C- Pryzbilla/(and i hope to get Sheed in FA)

Also i got Bonner, Dorsey, Davidson, M. Banks,

Not bad.

tland22
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
we should really try to go after Luol Deng...he is only 24 and only 5 years into the league. I cant believe that people want CP3 for him...lol thats a Joke.

I like Dunleavy alot though...especially if they will Take mo pete off our hands. I agree, i wouldnt wana throw in Butler instead of Mo pete, cuz butler is solid.

phlp_bj
07-06-2009, 07:30 PM
just as a hint. dont try deng. they like him a lot. i tried. asking for a ton.

tland22
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
hahaha oh okay. thanks!

tland22
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
any chance of us going for Michael Redd?

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 02:29 AM
just as a hint. dont try deng. they like him a lot. i tried. asking for a ton.

I'm almost want to ask about him just so I can laugh at them when they ask for Paul.

any chance of us going for Michael Redd?

The way people are in this mock is that they will ask for Paul and West in exchange for Redd.

phlp_bj
07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
yah ppl are crazy in this lol. maybe sign hedo? or ask the suns for a wing player. they have tons. or ask nets for jrich. their rebuilding so dont need him. maybe like wright+armstrong

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
My first major trade just went down pending approval. If this trade happens I've got major trade bait. I just in the trade and once it is approved, I'll post the trade.

tland22
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
awesome....good luck!

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
And the pick has been approved!!! Here it is...

Clippers get:

PF - Julian Wright $2,858,057
SG - Morris Peterson $6,420,720
PG - Antonio Daniels $6,600,000
C - Hilton Armstrong $3,854,448

Hornets get:

PF - Zach Randolph $16,000,000
PG - Mardy Collins $1,867,742

Let me know what you all think. I'll explain my reasoning behind it soon.

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Since I'm trying to get this team younger and to be able to contend, I've been looking for big name guys in trades. It's been hard because of everyone asks for Davis West or Chris Paul. With this trade, I got a young big man that can score points to play PF leaving David West as major trade bait. I've got one guy I'm after and emailed their GM about him. I've got an offer for him. He wanted West earlier, so I think there is a decent chance for this trade. I officially put him on the block and I've got a lot of new emails already. I'm assuming they are offers. I'm hoping to have West traded by the end of the day.

tland22
07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I love it! I really do... we gave up nearly nothing... Juju was the big peice we gave up, and that wasnt so bad because we wasnt seeing the floor anyways lol. Great trade bait, or just solid talent on our team. Good move

tland22
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
great thinking there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice, that what I think the Hornets should do in real life LOL. Nice! sign a solid PF and then use WEST as trade peice to enable us to pick up an very solid SG or SF..... niiiiiiiice direction we are heading in!

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm now talking with the GM about the guy I want. You guys will love it. My Co GM doesn't even care what I do for the trade. He approves no matter what.

tland22
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
u talking about vcaintdead17? lol

you are getting me pumped up...i cant wait to see who we are dealing with!

phlp_bj
07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
o man i loved the deal too. good move. randolph is good and with paul passing to him he'll be better

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
u talking about vcaintdead17? lol

you are getting me pumped up...i cant wait to see who we are dealing with!

He dropped out. I got a new guy. He pretty much just goes with all my ideas because he likes them so much.

tland22
07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Good good. I like them too so...lol We/You must be doing something right!

Hey check out the new thread topic i posted, 2 great new peices of news regarding hornets FA. :)

Devils05
07-07-2009, 01:45 PM
The way people are in this mock is that they will ask for Paul and West in exchange for Redd.:pity:

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
:pity:

It's true. I just said this in a different thread, but I sent an offer for a back up that would add depth for me and they wouldn't even consider it if Paul wasn't in it.

Devils05
07-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It's true. I just said this in a different thread, but I sent an offer for a back up that would add depth for me and they wouldn't even consider it if Paul wasn't in it.I'm the Bucks GM :p

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm the Bucks GM :p

It wasn't you was it? I think you may have asked about Paul, but it's not like you sent me an offer of your 3rd point guard with a huge contract for Paul.

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Hahahaha, John Slamons and Tyrus Thomas for David West, hahahaha!

Devils05
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
It wasn't you was it? I think you may have asked about Paul, but it's not like you sent me an offer of your 3rd point guard with a huge contract for Paul.Nope. Didn't figure I'd waste my time asking for him. I actually offered something along the lines of Redd for West/Posey.

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Nope. Didn't figure I'd waste my time asking for him. I actually offered something along the lines of Redd for West/Posey.

West is on the block now. I've got some decent offers for him, so if you want him, Pm with me an offer. Just don't make it like the Bulls first offer as I stated above.

Devils05
07-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Any thoughts on the above offer?

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Any thoughts on the above offer?

Redd's contract is just too big that I won't even be able to take it.

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
So the guy that I was after was Dany Granger, but it sounds like the deal is dead.

Some other offers for West are:

To Grizzlies for Rudy Gay, Travis Deiner, and a post player that I don't know what his name is.

To Kings for Kevin Martin, and Marvin Williams

To Heat for Michael Beasley and Udonis Haslem.

Which one do you guys like the best?

tland22
07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
hmmm Granger would be the best...thats a hard one to chose from....sleep on it :) see what comes up tomorrow. Hmmmm wait i didnt see kevin Martin up there, he is a BEAST. I like him a lot. The best players up there are, Granger, Martin, then Gay.... in my opinion.

see what everyone else says. They are all respectable atleast

tland22
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
damn they are all solid offers really and truly

tland22
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
im pumped...our options are sweet. I forgot for a second that we already got Z-B0.... Man Rudy Gay or Kevin Martin deal would be so sweet. Beasly and Haslem are two solid players themselves, but I say we go for the more Star studded people like Gay and Martin, both very good players

tland22
07-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Id do the Kings deal...Kevin Martin and Marvin Williams

phlp_bj
07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
isnt marvin williams on hawks? restricted FA.

me personally, i would do kings or heat. beasley is young and haslem is decent post player in return. marvin williams will ask a lot since he requires a sign and trade.

tland22
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
yea i thought he was Hawks as well lol....

We should roll wit Kings deal, if its possible.

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
A lot on their usual teams because there were other trades. Anyways, that trade was BS because they didn't make things clear with me.

Anyways, David West has been traded pending the commishs approval. Stay tuned.

tland22
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
for one of the above options, or you put 2gether a different trade?

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
for one of the above options, or you put 2gether a different trade?

The trade has been approved....

Grizz In:
David West 9,075,000

Hornets In:
Rudy Gay 3,280,997
Hamed Haddadi 1,627,779
Travis Deiner 1,740,000

Grizz Salary In: 9,075,000
Hornets Salary In: 6,648,776

phlp_bj
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
love the trade for you. randolph goes into pf. gay either at sg/sf

tland22
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
i like it! So what is our current line-up then?

tland22
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
we still got tyson too huh?

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
i like it! So what is our current line-up then?

I updated it on the beginning of the thread. I put Gay in as a SF for now. If I can't get a great SG and can't get rid of Peja then I'll move him to SG.

tland22
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks Pat...damn, our line-up is pretty sick!

tland22
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
any chance we get Eric Gordon from the Clippers????? That seems pretty reasonable...

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
any chance we get Eric Gordon from the Clippers????? That seems pretty reasonable...

I'm pretty done with trading unless it's Peja, so I doubt it. They won't want Peja. I think Peja will still be a Hornet. I got an offer for him, but my CO didn't like it. I didn't like it either because we were getting Adam Morrison in the deal.

I sent the rest of my plan to my CO to see what he thinks. I think it's going to work out pretty well.

tland22
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice going...its going great so far Id say!

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Nice going...its going great so far Id say!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the draft.

phlp_bj
07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks. I'm looking forward to the draft.

draft is fun. but it takes sooooooooooo long to complete lol

tland22
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I dont know anything about the draft...hows it work around here?

phlp_bj
07-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I dont know anything about the draft...hows it work around here?

basically like the real draft except its drawn out much longer. they redo the lottery using espn lotto machine. then they make a thread and each team that is up picks. 1st round there is a 6 hour time limit. 2nd round there is a 2-3 hour time limit to get your pick in. otherwise you get autopicked the best player available at a position of need.

Patrick Swayze
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
basically like the real draft except its drawn out much longer. they redo the lottery using espn lotto machine. then they make a thread and each team that is up picks. 1st round there is a 6 hour time limit. 2nd round there is a 2-3 hour time limit to get your pick in. otherwise you get autopicked the best player available at a position of need.

I think I'm set until then unless I can move Peja for a 1st rounder.

Devils05
07-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I think I'm set until then unless I can move Peja for a 1st rounder.Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen

Patrick Swayze
07-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen

Even though I've got three offers for him that include first rounders?

tland22
07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
sweet

Patrick Swayze
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Portland Trail Blazers Gets:
James Posey........$6,478,600

Total salary: $6,478,600

New Orleans Hornets Gets:
2009 #33th pick
2009 #39th pick

Total salary: $0

Devils05
07-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Even though I've got three offers for him that include first rounders?Wow.

Juju
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Portland Trail Blazers Gets:
James Posey........$6,478,600

Total salary: $6,478,600

New Orleans Hornets Gets:
2009 #33th pick
2009 #39th pick

Total salary: $0

Good trade! We, or should I say you? Or should I say the Hornets? Anyway, we get to dump Posey's salary and get some new faces for the franchise.

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm working on a deal that will hopefully bring Julian Wright back.

tland22
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
as long as we dont get rid of Butler in this trade you refer to!

tland22
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
oh LOL i just remembered we have Rudy Gay too...lol I totally forgot...we are freaking STACKED. Our line up is so good.

How do they pick a winner in this contest?

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Julian Wright is a Hornet again! I traded Mardy Collins and a 2012 second for him.

I have no intentions of getting rid of Butler. The only guys I'm really wanting to trade right now is Peja and Devin Brown. The draft starts tomorrow and I'd like to move him by then. I'm getting ready to build my big board for the draft. If you have any suggestions on the draft PM me. I've got the 21, 33, and 35 picks.

tland22
07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
NICE DEAL! Great deal...

hey, anyone mind telling me a quick summary of how they pick the winner in this contest?

Catfish1314
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
NICE DEAL! Great deal...

hey, anyone mind telling me a quick summary of how they pick the winner in this contest?

There's an award for best rookie GM, best team, best GM, best future team, etc. Then there's an actual 1-8 playoffs for each conference that PSD users will vote on in the NBA Forum.

tland22
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
nice! thanks mate!

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Pending approval... my last trade has gone down (unless there is trading of picks during the draft.)

Drafts starts at midnight I believe.

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Utah Receives:

Peja Stojakovic
Travis Diener

New Orleans Receives:

Eddy Curry
Acie Law IV

tland22
07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
yaaaay, BYE BYE PEJA! And we got a back up for Tyson

Patrick Swayze
07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
yaaaay, BYE BYE PEJA! And we got a back up for Tyson

I had to take on a big contract on Eddy Curry, but I still ended up saving money. The draft has crap for centers, so I'm really hoping Eddy Curry can play next season. If so, this is a big win for me.

tland22
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Eddy Curry is a 27 year old solid center...and as a back up he is even better! He isnt the greatest rebounder, but he is okay...and he can score. I like eddy curry personally

tland22
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
and we got back up for Paul...so we dont need to draft a PG

Patrick Swayze
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/ph21/Lineu.jpg

Patrick Swayze
07-18-2009, 01:19 PM
With our first round picked, the Hornets took Eric Maynor. I wasn't able to make the pick, so the commish took the BPA.

tland22
07-18-2009, 01:28 PM
lets trade Maynor for someone else's draft pick....at a position that we need

Patrick Swayze
07-18-2009, 02:48 PM
lets trade Maynor for someone else's draft pick....at a position that we need

Remember that my back up is Acie Law before drafting Maynor. I've got two guys I'm after, but it may be hard ot get because I don't want to give up much.

tland22
07-18-2009, 06:39 PM
yea true

Patrick Swayze
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Just drafted Marcus Thornton at #33.

tland22
07-22-2009, 12:47 AM
nice!

Patrick Swayze
07-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Update:

I used my last pick of Jeff Pendergraph.

Signed Rashad McCants as the new starting SG.

Waived Devin Brown.

tland22
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
sweet! I like McCants man..... we gunna win it all this year!11! and we dumped Brown....BRILLIANT!