PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Prediction ?

Curry30Kobe24*
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Blazers
5.Hornets
6.Rockets
7.Jazzs
8.,Mavericks (?)
------------------------
9.Warriors or Suns

Not sure about the warriors and suns anymore.Lol
but maybe there might be a surprise team that might do great!

I think the battle for the 8th is going to be greaat

What are your predictions ?

AlexTmz2
07-01-2009, 02:59 PM
spurs win west and championship. :)

alexander_37
07-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I love how Houston's young core is only getting better and we should have T-Mac or something we trade T-mac for yet people say we will be worse next year....

clutchski
07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
1) Spurs
2) Lakers
3) Nuggets
4) Blazers
5) Jazz
6) Hornets
7) Mavs
8) Suns

DrDEADalready
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Jazz.
4.Rockets
5.Nuggets
6. Hornets
7.Blazers
8. Mavs.

Curry30Kobe24*
07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I love how Houston's young core is only getting better and we should have T-Mac or something we trade T-mac for yet people say we will be worse next year....

nope, if you guys resign artest, im saying you guys make playoffs and maybe the 2nd round again! rockets got a great squad!

AlexTmz2
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers (sign Hedo)
5. Mavs
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Rockets :(

chadtx01
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Alot of question marks still. Depending on what happens with Yao, Artest and McGrady, the team could go either way.

The people that completely leave the Rockets out of the playoff mix amaze me. Even without Yao, I think they're better than Phoenix and Golden State.

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Nuggets
4) Rockets
5) Blazers
6) Mavericks
7) Hornets
8) Jazz

mcvicker_matt
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Warriors or Suns (Whomever Has Amare)
6. Mavs
7. Blazers
8. Hornets
----------------------------------------
9. Warriors/Suns (The Amare Loser) and Rockets

Ware_Spencer
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Blazers
5.Hornets
6.Rockets
7.Jazzs
8.,Mavericks (?)

1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Jazz
6. Mavericks
7. Hornets
8. Rockets

Spurs: will be a better team come playoff time than Nuggets. But they won't be able to stay healthy so they will slip a little.

Blazers: will get Hedo & Oden will be a lot better and hold down the 4th spot.

Jazz: Will be way more healthy than last year. And Korver, Boozer & Okur will be fighting for a new contract so they will have there best years. Millsap will probbably be back also.

Hornets: will be the same or worse. Just because its becoming easier to contain Chris Paul each year when clutch time(end of games) comes around because he has no help. Nobody who can create there own shot or even be a play maker.

Rockets: Yao sounds like he won't be playing and even if he is he won't play enough to help there record. McGrady won't play in the beginning & who knows if Artest will be back. Too many question marks as of right now.

Lakers4ItAll
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4.Blazers
5.Nuggets
6. Hornets
7.Mavs
8. OKC

Curry30Kobe24*
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
haha, Aamare is a joke, he picks the teams he wants to go on, and yeah im mad cause he told the media he didnt wanna play for GoldenState!

tnigro77
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
spurs are being overated lets keep in mind they are now ANOTHER year older. I think the jazz possibly if the blazers will be better then the spurs

SpursEvolution
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. Blazers
6. Mavs
7. Suns/warriors
8. Hornets

Dncehalldrug
07-01-2009, 03:22 PM
1) Lakers (FOSHOOO) :clap::superman::clap:
2) Spurs
3) Nuggets
4) Blazers
5) New Orleans
6) Jazz
7) Mavs
8) Warriors

9)Houston (no way Rockets are going to make it without Yao Ming and T-Mac in the line-up)
10) OKC

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1984/1101840319_400.jpg

R.I.P. to the King of Pop

SpursEvolution
07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
spurs are being overated lets keep in mind they are now ANOTHER year older. I think the jazz possibly if the blazers will be better then the spurs

Your kidding right?
TP/ Hill
Mason / Manu
RJ / Finley
Duncan/ Blair
Sheed???/ Bonner
I dont think thats being overated,

chadtx01
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Duncan just turned 33, Manu is about to be 32, Parker is only 27, Gooden is only 27 and Jefferson is 29 and most of their role players are middle of the road. They arent THAT old, they were just beat up last year. They also have one of the better coaches in the league.

I think they still have a good run left in them.

tnigro77
07-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Your kidding right?
TP/ Hill
Mason / Manu
RJ / Finley
Duncan/ Blair
Sheed???/ Bonner

ok im not saying they're bad just overated. They dont have sheed yet and he could possibly go to another top western team like the nuggets. I think they have good talent and experience but i think teams like the nuggets and jazz are more talented and the blazers are a good young team who could pick up some key free agents like hedo and maybe get andre miller. The spurs lost in the first round to the OK mavericks team last year what makes you think they will be so much better by getting Jefferson.

Curry30Kobe24*
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
why does everyone think warriors are gonna make it? Lol
i think we are not!

QuaLiThADoN
07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
1. Nuggets
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
6. Hornets ( 1 more year Paul is in the Nba :) )
7. Utah
8. Rockets ( No Yao but will find the push through defense)

QuaLiThADoN
07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
no way warriors or suns make it lol

IBleedPurple
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Some big Chinese guy may play a factor in their opinions

Your kidding right?
TP/ Hill
Mason / Manu
RJ / Finley
Duncan/ Blair
Sheed???/ Bonner

Since Sheed isn't on the team, I think the Spurs are a #1-#4 team in the West right now.

B.G.B
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
How could you guys even be making predictions this early???

ThEaIrUpThErE
07-01-2009, 05:07 PM
lakers
spurs
nuggets
blazers
hornets
jazz
mavericks
clippers/suns/rockets*/warriors

*if yao doesnt come back, or misses much of season

nolin
07-01-2009, 05:09 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Blazers
5.Hornets
6.Rockets
7.Jazzs
8.,Mavericks (?)
------------------------
9.Warriors or Suns

Not sure about the warriors and suns anymore.Lol
but maybe there might be a surprise team that might do great!

I think the battle for the 8th is going to be greaat

What are your predictions ?

im going to guess and say those 2 teams will not be in the playoffs next year!

nolin
07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4.Blazers
5.Nuggets
6. Hornets
7.Mavs
8. OKC

No chance of that happening!

SpursEvolution
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
ok im not saying they're bad just overated. They dont have sheed yet and he could possibly go to another top western team like the nuggets. I think they have good talent and experience but i think teams like the nuggets and jazz are more talented and the blazers are a good young team who could pick up some key free agents like hedo and maybe get andre miller. The spurs lost in the first round to the OK mavericks team last year what makes you think they will be so much better by getting Jefferson.

WE DIDNT EVEN HAVE MANU!!! AND WE STIL WON OUR DIVISION!! And an ok mav team, Kidd,Jhoward,Terry,Dirk?? Your going to say thats an okayy team?? I guess. Ha. Where are yuu from? Europe?!?!!

tland22
07-01-2009, 05:18 PM
1)Hornets with healthy Tyson and Peja, this team is incredibly difficult to beat. They need a backup PF for West though, like Brandon Bass etc...

2)Spurs- they ar good, and just got better through FA and the draft

3)Lakers - they are the Lakers and they have Kobe

4)Nuggets - they are confident, playing well 2gether.

5)Blazers

6)Rockets (tmac in contract year, once he finally gets on the court next season he will be a BEAST and carry this team on his back. BELIEVE THAT)

7)Jazz

8)Warriors - i like them for some reason. They need Ellis the entire year, and need to start the season off on the right foot.

9)Mavs - so soft, lack of talent.
10)Suns - goodbye suns

10)

Lakers4ItAll
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
You are all sleeping on OKC

Vinny642
07-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Its cool people still got us in the playoffs

Vinny642
07-01-2009, 06:28 PM
1)Hornets with healthy Tyson and Peja, this team is incredibly difficult to beat. They need a backup PF for West though, like Brandon Bass etc...

5)Blazers

6)Rockets (tmac in contract year, once he finally gets on the court next season he will be a BEAST and carry this team on his back. BELIEVE THAT)

7)Jazz

8)Warriors - i like them for some reason. They need Ellis the entire year, and need to start the season off on the right foot.

10)Suns - goodbye suns

10)

I would love that soooo much, except the jazz higher because they cool

nolin
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
You are all sleeping on OKC

Give Durant 2or 3 more years and okc would be there. if they were in the east they might be there this year. but its easier to move players then to change conference.

Ron_Mexico
07-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Give Durant 2or 3 more years and okc would be there. if they were in the east they might be there this year. but its easier to move players then to change conference.
I think that OKC could be better than Dallas, Golden State, and Phoenix this year. They have the best young talent in the league, and Durant is a stud. Westbrook and Green are both really solid. Harden was one of the draft's most NBA-ready players. If they are able to land someone like David Lee or Paul Milsap (there are some rumors floating around), I think they could take the 7th or 8th seed in the west.

Here's my list:
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Hornets
6. Jazz
7. Rockets
8. Thunder

Iron24th
07-01-2009, 07:04 PM
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Warriors or Suns (Whomever Has Amare)
6. Mavs
7. Blazers
8. Hornets
----------------------------------------
9. Warriors/Suns (The Amare Loser) and Rockets

Lakers 3rd ?!!! Hater :eyebrow:

Iron24th
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Your kidding right?
TP/ Hill
Mason / Manu
RJ / Finley
Duncan/ Blair
Sheed???/ Bonner

First, last time I checked sheed wasn't a spur,then manu will be injured again,maybe duncan too,Bonner starting C,Mason afraid to shoot in playoffs,and jefferson a swingman ballhog,yes the spurs are way overrated actually.

zambo4president
07-01-2009, 07:21 PM
1.Lakers
2.Nuggets
3.Spurs
4.Jazz
5.Blazers
6.Mavs
7.New Orleans
8.Thunder

tnigro77
07-01-2009, 07:27 PM
First, last time I checked sheed wasn't a spur,then manu will be injured again,maybe duncan too,Bonner starting C,Mason afraid to shoot in playoffs,and jefferson a swingman ballhog,yes the spurs are way overrated actually.

thak you! and i also think people are sleeping on okc i think they will be a better team then the suns,warriors, and mavericks but because they are in a divison with the jazz, blazers, and nuggets it will be hard for them to get out alive

mikantsass
07-01-2009, 07:44 PM
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Trailblazers
5. Jazz
6. Hornets
7. Rockets
8. Clippers

Yeah i said it, the CLIPPERS

tnigro77
07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
dang i know im being a hater but after reading this i hope the spurs absoultley suck and prove you all wrong.

Bashna
07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
1: Lakers
2: Spurs
3: Blazers
4: Nuggets
5: Jazz
6: Rockets
7: Suns
8: Mavs

Bashna
07-01-2009, 09:09 PM
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Trailblazers
5. Jazz
6. Hornets
7. Rockets
8. Clippers

Yeah i said it, the CLIPPERS

No offense, but after looking at your post i don't know what to think except....That it must suck to be stupid.

SpursEvolution
07-01-2009, 09:25 PM

naa, your a Hater :eyebrow:
its cool though. lets see.... lineup last year..
TP
Mason
Finley = 58-24?!! SW division champs?!?!
TD
bonner
*NO GINOBILI

this yearr....................
TP
MANU
RJ
DUNCAN
BONNER-----------> MAYBE SHEED!!!!!!!

ha, were so going to suckk..... im so so so scared of the PUZZY AZZ lakers,,,, when we make yall cry again*2003
we will see wats up :cool:

Jumba
07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Trail Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Mavs
8. Hornets

9. OKC
10. Memphis

D Blue987
07-01-2009, 09:32 PM
if the lakers bring back odom and ariza then nobody is going to beat the lakers out west with the roster moves that have been made thus far. That can change but everybody who is riding the spurs bandwagon needs a serious reality check. The Lakers owned them and all of a sudden since they got RJ that makes them superior to the Lakers? I dont think so. There are few players that can change how dynamic a team is and RJ, though he is a good player, is not one of them. He is a No. 3 option at best on that team behind TP and TD. The Lakers are the champs for a reason and the Spurs imo are a few roster moves away from being capable of representing the WC as the best team.

hockeypro68
07-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Clippers are making the playoffs

ManChild
07-01-2009, 09:34 PM

5)Blazers

7)Jazz

10)Suns - goodbye suns

10)

You think the Suns aren't going to make it but you think the Hornets are gonna be the #1 seed.:laugh: I would replace the Hornets with the Lakers or Spurs. The Suns could make it if they make the right moves this off season.

mikantsass
07-01-2009, 09:36 PM
No offense, but after looking at your post i don't know what to think except....That it must suck to be stupid.

B Davis
E Gordon
A Thornton
B Griffin
M Camby

Solid line-up and will clinch 8th seed

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Lakers make it back to the finals again, and loose to the Cavs.

DenButsu
07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
The free agency signing period hasn't even opened yet.

I'm not even going to try to predict anything until some dust has settled on offseason moves.

dayreezy
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
1.lakers.... defending title
2.nuggets... if they re-sign birdman and keep kenyon
3.spurs... yes jefferson will make a difference cuz manu will stay healthy with less playin time
4.utah.. theyre gettin their whole team back minus korver.. oh well
5.portland.. even without hedo and oden they prove they can do it
6.hornets.. cp3 knows how to win.. and might get pargo back
7.mavs.. i know cuban will do something big for this team to win... bottom line
8.warriors.. we stay healthy of course we'll make it.. or rockets.. i put rockets this low because come on no yao no t-mac.. artest might (might) leave...so whos left.. scola.. brookes... battie.. sorry houston but ppl puttin u as high as 4-5 dont know much

9 is suns or okc

ko8e24
07-01-2009, 10:38 PM
1. Jazz
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Trailblazers
5. Nuggets
6. Hornets
7. Mavericks
8. Clippers

Lakers represent the west in NBA Finals for 3rd consective time and repeat!

DenButsu
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
1. Jazz
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Trailblazers
5. Nuggets
6. Hornets
7. Mavericks
8. Clippers

Lakers represent the west in NBA Finals for 3rd consective time and repeat!

What exactly have the Jazz done this offseason to make you think they'll leap to #1? I know they had injury problems up the yin-yang last season, and they're retaining Boozer, Okur and Korver, but all those guys opting in really ties their hands behind their back financially in terms of re-signing Millsap and making any other secondary moves to bolster their roster.

rsweene
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
1. Lakers - No Odom this year may lose 2-3 extra games...
2. Nuggets - Re-sign birdman, rest of team healthy
3. Blazers - Young squad grows up more bigs settle down
4. Spurs - Old and slow, but they are still dangerous
5. New Orleans - Need inside D and a bench to show life
6. Utah - Solid core stays healthy and they could move up list
7. Houston - Yao gone. T-mac has been gone. Ronny to lakers or worse? Rest of team grows under Adelman
8. Mavs - Theyre still hanging around? ****n Cuban

Memphis/Clippers could come close to making playoffs, young teams with decent core and TONS of potential (See Portland 2 years ago)

Er1c
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
spurs is way overrated.

dayreezy
07-01-2009, 11:13 PM
1.lakers.... defending title
2.nuggets... if they re-sign birdman and keep kenyon
3.spurs... yes jefferson will make a difference cuz manu will stay healthy with less playin time
4.utah.. theyre gettin their whole team back minus korver.. oh well
5.portland.. even without hedo and oden they prove they can do it
6.hornets.. cp3 knows how to win.. and might get pargo back
7.mavs.. i know cuban will do something big for this team to win... bottom line
8.warriors.. we stay healthy of course we'll make it.. or rockets.. i put rockets this low because come on no yao no t-mac.. artest might (might) leave...so whos left.. scola.. brookes... battie.. sorry houston but ppl puttin u as high as 4-5 dont know much

9 is suns or okc

Iron24th
07-02-2009, 05:01 AM
naa, your a Hater :eyebrow:
its cool though. lets see.... lineup last year..
TP
Mason
Finley = 58-24?!! SW division champs?!?!
TD
bonner
*NO GINOBILI

this yearr....................
TP
MANU
RJ
DUNCAN
BONNER-----------> MAYBE SHEED!!!!!!!

ha, were so going to suckk..... im so so so scared of the PUZZY AZZ lakers,,,, when we make yall cry again*2003
we will see wats up :cool:

You won 54 games,not 58,think before you talk,plus you were almost swept in the 1st round by a ridiculous team,you lost oberto,thomas and bowen and you think you can beat the Lakers??? You don't know a thing about basketball.

Mckphins
07-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Spurs
Lakers
Portland
Denver
New Orleans
Utah
Mavs
Clippers

SweetSwivels
07-02-2009, 05:28 AM
The first post on this thread lists the Jazz as the "Jazzs" which is one major problem with that prediction since the team name is already plural....

Another post says the Jazz are minus Korver.... which is rediculous anyway since Korver doesn't makes a minor difference in the standings....

The Jazz may end up trading Boozer since the whole town hates his guts and he will be gone next year anyway.... It would be a PR disaster to lose both Booze and the Prime Minister (Paul Millsap). So trade Booze!

Here is what I predict....

1.) Lakers
2.) Spurs
3.) Portland
4.) Nuggets
5.) Jazz
6.) Rockets
7.) Hornets
8.) Mavericks

cmellofan15
07-02-2009, 06:02 AM
I don't know when the Jazz got so good but last time I checked they were 8th seed in the West and not getting any better.

No predictions from me though.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-02-2009, 06:52 AM
just lettin everybody know that if you have the rockets missin the playoffs or even not gettin out of the first round.your crazy and i will go ahead and say the team that comes out of the west..if its the lakers or the kings will beat the team that comes out of the east.

dsickich123
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Portland
4. Denver
5. New Orleans
6. Jazz
7. Dallas
8. Houston
9. OKC (I want to put them in the playoff but I can't)
10. Suns
11. Memphis

blazerman
07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Your kidding right?
TP/ Hill
Mason / Manu
RJ / Finley
Duncan/ Blair
Sheed???/ Bonner

The Blazers will be better, the Spurs have no inside game besides Duncan and we all know injuries will happen to all teams, yours and mine included.

Depth will go far in determining the seeds again and Portland, LA and Denver (if Utah gets Milsap back then them too)are by far the deepest teams in the west.

The Blazers should end up with Turkoglu and I'd take him over Jefferson anyday. Most likely a S&T for Miller also. The Spurs added a scorer but lost size and defense and 2 of your stars are getting old. The Blazers are are young, deep and could withstand an injury at any position better than anybody even the Lakers(the only reason I say that is because if the Lakers lost Kobe they'd struggle more than the Blazers would if they lost Roy, Rudy Fernandez could start on 80% of the teams in the NBA, if LA resigns Ariza then they get the edge over the blazers)

I just heard LA signed Artest not Ariza, YIKES!

1)LA- 63-19 need to change this in light of the Artest signing 68-14
2)Portland 61-21
3)Nuggets 54-28
4)Spurs 53-29 a few more points but less defense and depth
5)Jazz 53-29 maybe the 4th seed if healthy
6)Mavs 51-31
7)Hornets 49-333
8)Clippers, Golden state, Phoenix (whomever is healthy) 46-38 at best

dsickich123
07-03-2009, 01:52 AM
OKC is or is not a playoff team...?

DenButsu
07-03-2009, 01:58 AM
OKC is or is not a playoff team...?

Not until they either prove they've really risen up, or until another top 8 team proves they've really dropped off.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-03-2009, 02:02 AM
I could see OKC sneaking in at 8. Depends on who they sign this offseason. They have some $ to spend.

Beno7500
07-03-2009, 02:02 AM
why are the warriors being put on lists? jw the reasoning

dsickich123
07-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Yeah i do not agree with the Warriors...

I also think that Houston will not be very good next year...

1. YAO IS OUT
2. T-MAC is done
3. ARTEST is likely gone...
4. they traded Rafer Alston last year...

Spurred1
07-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Think I'll pass on predictions until players are done moving around.

Beno7500
07-03-2009, 02:09 AM
good idea lol

dayreezy
07-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Think I'll pass on predictions until players are done moving around.

smartest thing anyones said in this forum....

i still cant believe ppl putting rockets in the playoffs... ooohhh sign ariza and gortat... come on ppl... and the suns making it... hell no... and 1 guy i shouldve quote put memphis ahead of gs... ill put the clips ahead of the griz... just sit back and watch this season unfold... however u can not disagree that top 3 in both conf will be

west coast
l.a
denver
spurs (some 1 said overrated... yah championships are totaly overrated)

east coast
cavs
orlando
boston

anyone who says diff are just homers

BoltLakerPadre
07-03-2009, 02:49 AM
Lakers 3rd ?!!! Hater :eyebrow:

Seriously, Nuggets haven't improved, and will likely lose some players.

That and I still don't buy the Spurs as that great. Defending Champs deserve props, especially when all they do is improve.

Lakerfrk
07-03-2009, 03:28 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Portland Trailblazers
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Utah Jazz
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Los Angeles Clippers

9. Oklahoma City Thunder
10. Houston Rockets
11. Phoenix Suns
12. Golden State Warriors
13. Minnesota Timberwolves
14. Memphis Grizzlies
15. Sacramento Kings

dayreezy
07-03-2009, 03:53 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Portland Trailblazers
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Utah Jazz
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Los Angeles Clippers

9. Oklahoma City Thunder
10. Houston Rockets
11. Phoenix Suns
12. Golden State Warriors
13. Minnesota Timberwolves
14. Memphis Grizzlies
15. Sacramento Kings

y do u put the rockets so high??? who do they have now that u would put them at 10??? and okc added 1 player whos a rookie and you got them jumped 3 spots from last year.. .wtf!!!!! only smart thing you listed is bottom 3.. and lakers at 1...get back to this when the playoffs start next year to see how bad your predictions are

WoodbridgeSkins
07-03-2009, 04:01 AM
y do u put the rockets so high??? who do they have now that u would put them at 10??? and okc added 1 player whos a rookie and you got them jumped 3 spots from last year.. .wtf!!!!! only smart thing you listed is bottom 3.. and lakers at 1...get back to this when the playoffs start next year to see how bad your predictions are

Why do you put the Clippers so high? Oh that's right, Blake Griffin is the second coming of Jesus. Clippers will not make the playoffs. Expect them to trade Camby or Kaman before season starts.

dayreezy
07-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Why do you put the Clippers so high? Oh that's right, Blake Griffin is the second coming of Jesus. Clippers will not make the playoffs. Expect them to trade Camby or Kaman before season starts.

lol im not puttin them so high either... i mean come on quenton richardson... they shouldve took maggette back hahaha...

shep33
07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
If the lakers finish in the top 5 I think they'd still make the finals. Even though I think they'll win the West. Spurs have a few problems... they're key players are old... Duncan, Ginobili (unfortunate that he's getting injured), and Wallace... if he signs... and they're pretty small still. Blair is gonna be great, but can he step up right away and stop guys 4-5 inches taller than him? Those guys can't log 40 mins against Kobe, Pau, Artest, and maybe Lamar (depending if he signs). Plus Bynum is gonna be a lot better next year, after coming back quickly from injury. I got LA winning the west again... and probably the whole thing.

hockeypro68
07-03-2009, 05:24 AM
B Davis
E Gordon
A Thornton
B Griffin
M Camby

Solid line-up and will clinch 8th seed

:up: AGREED :rock:

28+24+5=3champs
07-03-2009, 07:31 AM
1) Lakers

2-16) Everbody else

i know im a homer but seriosuly look at this lineup with artest. yeah thye lose some intangibles with Ariza gone but they make up for it purely in talent. artest is simply better than ariza played in his contract year. spurs are much improved too but whose going to guard kobe (bowen held him to 22 ppg, rj guarded him once and he went off for 55) and i see no way they stay healthy. i like ty lawson in denver's system but he is still just a rookie and wont be that much of a difference maker..yet. lakers repeat western conference champs easily.

JDizzle
07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
1. lakers- to much power with artest if he does sign like they say
2. nuggets- with chancey there they will always be good and a year under there belts with him only makes them more dangerous
3. spurs- a wise time always in contention if they stay healty and maybe an additon of rasheed wallace they will easily win there divison
4. blazers- were scary last year if greg oden ever comes around and they sign hedo watch out
5. hornets- they won 49 game last year with a banged up lineup imagine if there healthy.
6. jazz- getting back boozer and okur was huge. this is the last whoooraaaa for them before they all go to Fa in 2010
7. Mavs- Good soild team will always make the playoffs with dirk to much talent not to make it
8. rockets/thunder- The rockets just lost artest but got ariza ( this is all from reports not true yet) also year could miss all next season and t-mac who knows... they are a tough team thats for sure but i dont no if they can make it a whole season with no artest t-mac and yao.... the thunder are the new kids on the block many people may laugh at this but watch out for them they started off 2-24 they they started getting there **** together with james harden as there true sg for the future the only consider for me is they might lack depth.

sleeper team- memphis grizzles.. conley, majo, rudy gay, randolf, and thabeet( sources say ai wants to join them now to) could be a very good team

dsickich123
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM

The reason that he put OKC so high is not because they have 1 more player....
C'mon, don't be ignorant....
this team is going to improve every single year because it is a young team...
Durant, Westbrook, and Green are doing to do nothing but get better...
You know thats the truth...
The same goes for their young back-ups in Shaun Livingston, DJ White, Serge Ibaka, Kyle weaver, Thabo, Nenad Krstic, and Robert Swift...
And they picked up James Harden and BJ Mullens...
Young teams only improve....especially when they are stacked with talent like the Thunder are...
THE THUNDER HAVE 10 PLAYERS UNDER THE AGE OF 25!!
Their 4 stars and the youngest....
Durant: 20 years old
Westbrook: 20 years old
Green: 22 years old
Harden: 19 years

The point is that these young players who are already extremely good...are going to become great as the years go on....

Durant is a Super-star next year (averaged 25ppg and 7 rpg last year)
Green could be an all-star next year (averaged 17ppg and 7rpg last year)
Westbrook will be fantastic (averaged 15ppg, 5ast, 5rpg)

THEY WILL IMPROVE SO MUCH!

They even showed improvement at the end of last year....

toronto_JazzFan
07-03-2009, 12:14 PM
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Jazz.
4.Rockets
5.Nuggets
6. Hornets
7.Blazers
8. Mavs.

yea!!! lol hopefully they get third they can easily get it though

Sportfan
07-03-2009, 12:17 PM
1) SPurs
2) Lakers
3) Nuggets
4) Blazers
5) Hornets
6) Rockets
7) Grizzlies
8) Hornets

king4day
07-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Do we get these prediction threads each time the lakers and spurs add a player?

I'm gonna create a thread for the Suns. They just picked up Amundsons option.

"Are the Suns 6 seed material now that they've retained Amundson?"

SweetSwivels
07-06-2009, 06:52 AM
I don't know when the Jazz got so good but last time I checked they were 8th seed in the West and not getting any better.

No predictions from me though.

Well I don't know when the Nugs got so good (one year), but the Jazz were plagued by mad injuries last year and if they hadn't been, they would be right around 4 or 5... WHERE THEY ALWAYS ARE!!!!

Fire Girardi
07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
1) SPurs
2) Lakers
3) Nuggets
4) Blazers
5) Hornets
6) Rockets
7) Grizzlies
8) Hornets

lol obv that is a joke, are u clueless about bball

DCB/LAL
07-06-2009, 10:30 AM

it'd be hilarious if he was right on! ha

SunsFanIam
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Jazz
5.Blazers
6.Hornets
7.Mavs
8.Suns