OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

2009 likely snubs- Carlos Beltran over Justin Upton and Yadier Molina over Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

2009 Likely snubs- Josh Hamilton over Torri Hunter, Tex/Youk over Mornaue

Hermie13
07-01-2009, 01:01 PM
As long as the 'snubs' still make it, don't see the problem. The All-Star game is for the fans, if they want to see other players, that's their call.

ATL2010
07-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Javier Vasquez, anyone who does not follow the Braves will think im an idiot and im being a homer but this guy has pitched beautifully but gets absoloutly no run support

NYYCowboys
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
The Allstar game shouldn't just be about stats...the teams with the better records deserve to have more allstars than the ones who don't that's why Tex and Youk deserve it over Morneau.

Pinstripe pride
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

2009 likely snubs- Carlos Beltran over Justin Upton and Yadier Molina over Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

beltran is out until after the allstar game, so he won't be going over upton.

LoViNtHeKiDs
07-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Pablo Sandoval is deserving but due to the fact he is on the west coast and David Wright he will probably get snubbed!!!

Bricklayer
07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Aaron Hills stats are slightly better then Ian Kinslers, so That might be considered a snub, No?

jayl1377
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Aaron Hills stats are slightly better then Ian Kinslers, so That might be considered a snub, No?

pedroia is closing in on that ballot anyways

whitesoxfan83
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
As long as the 'snubs' still make it, don't see the problem. The All-Star game is for the fans, if they want to see other players, that's their call.

I would agree with you if homefield wasnt on the line, the best team should be fielded not the most popular.

Baseball needs to do away with that homefield crap.

ny212
07-01-2009, 02:15 PM
tex should be in the allstar game if you dont think so you are crazy

Brave4life
07-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Well the thing is i am not a HOMER, i would take Mournau over tex as of right now.

Bricklayer
07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
pedroia is closing in on that ballot anyways

Hills stats are much better then Pedroia's too.

Hermie13
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I would agree with you if homefield wasnt on the line, the best team should be fielded not the most popular.

Baseball needs to do away with that homefield crap.

ha, yeah no arguement there....can't stand that homefield is decided by the All-Star game. Even if the fans didn't vote it'd still be dumb.

I hate interleague play....but if you're gonna have it, why not just give the team with the best record that's in the World Series the homefield advantage like in hockey and basketball?

Heck, I'd prefer to go back to the old way when they just rotated each year than what they have now.....

Ian.
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Javier Vasquez, anyone who does not follow the Braves will think im an idiot and im being a homer but this guy has pitched beautifully but gets absoloutly no run support

Anyone who knows a thing about baseball will agree with you.

Toxeryll
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

look at aaron hill's stats..

More-Than-Most
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Padro Feliz deserves to be there... The guy is putting up good numbers with a bat and is flat out the best defensive 3rd basemen in the national league.

Pinstripe pride
07-01-2009, 02:58 PM

he has pitched well, but he has the advantage of being picked by the manager. He doesn't have to worry about being a victim of the popularity contest of allstar voting, so he'll be given a fair shot to make it.

Zep
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Kinsler is still faring better than Hill stat-wise, unless you're looking solely at AVG. I'll throw in Pedroia too as he's edging closer to Kinsler

wOBA
Kinsler: .378
Hill: .369
Pedroia: .341

SLG
Kinsler: .521
Hill: .510
Pedroia: .382

K%
Kinsler: 14.3
Hill: 14.7
Pedroia: 7.3

UZR/150
Kinsler: 9.4
Hill: 3.9
Pedroia: 6.4

hawksd911
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Also Javy Vasquez has been pitching better then his ERA because Bobby ALWAYS puts him too long because he doesnt want to waste the bullpen and then he gives up 3 runs because Cox lets him pitch too a 120 something.

Bricklayer
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Kinsler is still faring better than Hill stat-wise, unless you're looking solely at AVG. I'll throw in Pedroia too as he's edging closer to Kinsler

wOBA

SLG

K%

UZR/150

I guess you can take a real deep look into the stats such as K%, but Hill has a better average, better on base %, more RBI's, and way more hits. Same amount of homers, and Kinsler's SB's are higher then Hill. Statistically Hill is just edging Kinsler I.M.O, and Pedroia is a distant 3rd.

IBleedPurple
07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Brad Hawpe deserves to make it, but likely won't

Gigantes4Life
07-01-2009, 06:15 PM
The Allstar game shouldn't just be about stats...the teams with the better records deserve to have more allstars than the ones who don't that's why Tex and Youk deserve it over Morneau.

LOL what a completely wrong thing to say.

pf289
07-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Hill needs to make it

Yendil
07-01-2009, 06:21 PM

no you are just ignorant, look at the stats, Branyan (who isn't even in the top 5 in voting because of ignorant fans), Youk, and Morneau all have better stats than Tex. Try looking stuff up before posting it will help you out a lot

Cheezombie
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Padro Feliz deserves to be there... The guy is putting up good numbers with a bat and is flat out the best defensive 3rd basemen in the national league.

I didn't realize a .766 ops in a hitters park was All-Star material.

2009mvp
07-01-2009, 07:07 PM

wOBA

SLG

K%

UZR/150

Why should K% and less than half a season's worth of UZR mean anything in this discussion?

More-Than-Most
07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I didn't realize a .766 ops in a hitters park was All-Star material.

Phillies ball park is neutral. Its probably in the middle of the pack again. Tired of hearing about the hitters park ********. Feliz is THE BEST DEFENSIVE 3RD BASEMAN IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE. He makes Zimmerman and wright look like they are mentally ill with 2 left feet when compared to his defense. His numbers are all pretty good and his defense should put him over the top.

Cheezombie
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Phillies ball park is neutral. Its probably in the middle of the pack again. Tired of hearing about the hitters park ********. Feliz is THE BEST DEFENSIVE 3RD BASEMAN IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE. He makes Zimmerman and wright look like they are mentally ill with 2 left feet when compared to his defense. His numbers are all pretty good and his defense should put him over the top.

Even if it is neutral, his offensive output is average at best. Zimmerman, Wright, and even Sandoval rape him offensively, and no matter how good Feliz's defense is, can't make up for his bat.

bomber0104
07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Lind is the best DH stat wise so he better be there. So should Hill and Halladay

yuns554
07-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Hes not going to make the allstar team because of his defense, wright and zimmerman are way better hitters

More-Than-Most
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Hes not going to make the allstar team because of his defense, wright and zimmerman are way better hitters

So great offense and bad defense has more weight then pretty good offense and great defense? Its not like he just has defense... He is batting 295 with 5 home runs and 39 rbi from the 6 or 7 hole. I am not saying he should start the all star game but he should be in someones discussion for his contributions so far this year.

Cheezombie
07-01-2009, 10:51 PM
So great offense and bad defense has more weight then pretty good offense and great defense? Its not like he just has defense... He is batting 295 with 5 home runs and 39 rbi from the 6 or 7 hole. I am not saying he should start the all star game but he should be in someones discussion for his contributions so far this year.

Yes, offense is weighted more than defense. Using batting average is kind of pointless, as is RBIs. So far he's only been average with the bat, and good on defense, whereas wright and zimmerman have been ZOMG with the bat and slightly below average with the glove.

cubbies93
07-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Randy Wells of the Cubs if the Cubs would of scored runs for him he would be 8-1 he had 1 bad start

Evolution=FACT
07-02-2009, 12:26 AM

I guarantee it is 100 percent b/c he is in the nl. He is a bad pitcher in the al.

dwright3b5
07-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Not to be a homer but how is Beltran NOT deserving

wright30510
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM

Happens to everyone JOHAN santana has got 2 runs or less in support in 8 GAMES, IF HE GOT MORE SUPPORT HE WOULD BE A 12 GAME WINNER RIGHT NOW

x the game x
07-03-2009, 11:13 PM
adam jones should be the cf

oak2455
07-03-2009, 11:18 PM
OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

Tex at first sorry:)

oak2455
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Not to be a homer but how is Beltran NOT deserving

Because he's on the DL, plus he's :rolleyes:

ramz.n
07-03-2009, 11:29 PM
OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

AARON HILL!..screw pedroia..he has 2 hrs..kinslers batting in the .260's.

Sick Of It All
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Beltran wont play because he is hurt, but he is still deserving to start if he was healthy.

wOBA
Beltran .415
Upton .409

OPS+
Beltran 152
Upton 141

Sick Of It All
07-03-2009, 11:42 PM
As far as 3rd base

wOBA
Zimmerman .367
Wright .402
Feliz .326

OPS+
Zimmerman 125
Wright 143
Feliz 95

The Klus Bus
07-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Cain and Lincecum deserve it. Pablo is a maybe, if they take 3 third basemen then he deserves it

cuttygiantsfan
07-04-2009, 12:43 AM
cain
lincecum
pablo panda sandoval
jeremy affeldt

RedSoxhater
07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I guess you can take a real deep look into the stats such as K%, but Hill has a better average, better on base %, more RBI's, and way more hits. Same amount of homers, and Kinsler's SB's are higher then Hill. Statistically Hill is just edging Kinsler I.M.O, and Pedroia is a distant 3rd.

Hill and Kinsler, you can't really go wrong with either choice. Their stats are remarkably similar, except Kinsler has a lot more SBs. Zobrist could be argued for as well.

Pedroia is not even a distant 3rd. He shouldn't even be in the discussion. He is dead last in the AL in slugging% amongst 2B and near the bottom in every other important offensive category. He got voted in but he doesn't deserve to be there.

giantspwn
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
As far as 3rd base

wOBA
Zimmerman .367
Wright .402
Feliz .326

OPS+
Zimmerman 125
Wright 143
Feliz 95

Pablo Sandoval
wOBA
OPS+
(that's not including the HR and Double, he hit tonight)

Pablo is a slightly above average defender at 3rd. Not as good as Wright or Feliz but equal or better than Zimmerman.

Pablo has been the best offensive 3B so far this season. He and Wright are danm near equal right now.

Swift n Sil3nt
07-04-2009, 01:03 AM

I disagree completely with this post. The All-Star game is the one game each year that we have to showcase the best talent in Major League Baseball. Regardless of records, certain players are putting up great numbers and they deserve the opportunity to be recognized. In fact, sometimes i think what players are able to accomplish on a poor team speaks volumes for that players ability. For example, if Mr. Greinke a big round of applause for winning 10 games knowing that each and every game i can allow one run and lose.

The teams with the better records dont deserve to have more players, thats what the playoffs are for.

My All-Star Team
C: Yadier Molina (homer pick, but very well deserving and im going to factor in the location of the event as a major factor)
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Chase Utley
3B: David Wright
SS: Hanley Ramirez
LF: Ryan Braun
CF: Carlos Beltran
RF: Raul Ibanez; although he is starting to fade after his great start

Starting Rotation:
1. Dan Haren
2. Tim Lincecum
3. Chris Carpenter/Josh Johnson
4. Matt Cain
5. Johan Santana

AL:
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Aaron Hill
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Josh Bartlett
LF: Carl Crawford
CF: Adam Jones/Jason Bay
RF: Ichiro Suzuki

Starting Rotation:
1. Roy Halladay
2. Zach Greinke
3. Felix Hernandez
4. Josh Beckett
5. Mark Buehrle
Honorable Mention: Kevin Slowey and Tim Wakefield

RedSoxhater
07-04-2009, 01:39 AM
I disagree completely with this post. The All-Star game is the one game each year that we have to showcase the best talent in Major League Baseball. Regardless of records, certain players are putting up great numbers and they deserve the opportunity to be recognized. In fact, sometimes i think what players are able to accomplish on a poor team speaks volumes for that players ability. For example, if Mr. Greinke a big round of applause for winning 10 games knowing that each and every game i can allow one run and lose.

The teams with the better records dont deserve to have more players, thats what the playoffs are for.

My All-Star Team
C: Yadier Molina (homer pick, but very well deserving and im going to factor in the location of the event as a major factor)
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Chase Utley
3B: David Wright
SS: Hanley Ramirez
LF: Ryan Braun
CF: Carlos Beltran
RF: Raul Ibanez; although he is starting to fade after his great start

Starting Rotation:
1. Dan Haren
2. Tim Lincecum
3. Chris Carpenter/Josh Johnson
4. Matt Cain
5. Johan Santana

AL:
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Aaron Hill
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Josh Bartlett
LF: Carl Crawford
CF: Adam Jones/Jason Bay
RF: Ichiro Suzuki

Starting Rotation:
1. Roy Halladay
2. Zach Greinke
3. Felix Hernandez
4. Josh Beckett
5. Mark Buehrle
Honorable Mention: Kevin Slowey and Tim Wakefield

Weaver, Verlander, Millwood, Jackson, Sabathia, hell ,a lot of pitchers are more deserving than Wakefield or Slowey. You're using win totals to determine a pitcher's worthiness. Both Wakefiled and Slowey have ERAs over 4. That is not All Star Game worthy.

Bartlett has a high BA, that's it. He also has about 80 less ABs than the rest of the SS in the league.

Ichiro is going. High BA but 20 RBIs is ridiculous for a supposed All Star caliber player. Torri Hunter deserved the start over Ichiro.

BR11228
07-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Weaver, Verlander, Millwood, Jackson, Sabathia, hell ,a lot of pitchers are more deserving than Wakefield or Slowey. You're using win totals to determine a pitcher's worthiness. Both Wakefiled and Slowey have ERAs over 4. That is not All Star Game worthy.

Bartlett has a high BA, that's it. He also has about 80 less ABs than the rest of the SS in the league.

Ichiro is going. High BA but 20 RBIs is ridiculous for a supposed All Star caliber player. Torri Hunter deserved the start over Ichiro.

I agree 1,000,000,000,000 percent about the AL pitchers. There has to be at least 10 or more pitchers more deserving than Slowey and at least 5 or more that deserve it more than Wakefield.

I don't agree with your point on Ichiro though. Ichiro is a leadof hitter, he gets paid to get on base and allow other people to drive him in. He has 10 more hits than anybody in MLB (and he missed 3 weeks) and only 40 runs scored. That shows how bd the middle of Seattle's lineup is, but you can't blame Ichiro. Hunter should and will start over Hamilton, which is what I believe is the only mistake made on the list of AL Starters.

Kinsm
07-04-2009, 05:05 PM

Congrats, this comment has been placed in the top ten dumbest comments of the week.

Kannon81
07-04-2009, 05:24 PM
The Cubs gatoraid dispencer should represent our team. It has done more for us then anyone on the team.

human marvel
07-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Homer pick: Jermaine Dye
No one really new here but Justin Upton, who has been HUGE for my fantasy team, Brad Hawpe and Aaron Hill should go, and an NL first baseman is going to get left out, with Pujols, Gonzalez, Fielder, Howard; who doesn't go?

bravesfan22193
07-04-2009, 06:05 PM

Haha one problem with that, this year Zimmerman's UZR/150 is 3 times better than Feliz's. Zim is at roughly 27 and Feliz is only 9 so for this year Zimmerman has not only been the better hitter but also defender

bravesfan22193
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
"I guarantee it is 100 percent b/c he is in the nl. He is a bad pitcher in the al."

Vazquez has been plagued by poor defense, hitters' parks, and ozzie guillen. He has always been a top notch starter beyond his basic stats and they have finally caught up, he is for real

Kannon81
07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
What are the chances of Lilly getting in? They did add another roster spot.

wright30510
07-04-2009, 06:58 PM
OF Justin Upton
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Ryan Braun
3b David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
2b Chase Utley
1b Albert Pujols
C Brian Mcann

OF Jason Bay
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Torii Hunter
3b Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
2b Ian Kinsler
1b Justin Morneau
C Joe Mauer

Deserving allstars are brandon inge, Aaron Hill, Adrian Gonzalez.......

Lincecum4CY
07-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Cant wait for the all star selection show tomorrow :clap:

Thank goodness fans don't select the pitchers.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-04-2009, 09:00 PM
The Panda Pablo Sandoval better be an ALL STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinsm
07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Cant wait for the all star selection show tomorrow :clap:

Thank goodness fans don't select the pitchers.

You say that now, but just wait till there are 10 Phillies and 10 Rays on there.

Lincecum4CY
07-04-2009, 10:44 PM

But when he was a giant people claimed hes one of the worst 3b.. :rolleyes: