PDA

View Full Version : Who has the greater chance at a 5th ring? Shaq, Duncan or Kobe

JordansBulls
07-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Who has the greater chance at a 5th ring? Shaq, Duncan or Kobe

S-Dot
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Its hard to go against the King and Shaq, especially if Danny Ferry adds a few more pieces...SHAQ

EastCoastBaller
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Shaq

ttam68
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Its hard to go against the King and Shaq, especially if Danny Ferry adds a few more pieces...SHAQ

Its also hard to go against the defending champs, one of the greatest players ever at his peak, and the winningest coach ever

24>23
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Kobe. Defending champ. Finals MVP. Championship team still largely intact. Kobe.

prash
07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
It was watching PTI the otherday. Neither of them thought Kobe would be the first

sp1derm00
07-01-2009, 10:25 AM
The Lakers have the greatest chance to win it.

Sasha, Bynum, and Farmar probably cannot play any worse than they did last season, so if any of them step it up, it increases the Laker's chances that much. Plus, they've all played with each other whereas the Cavs and Spurs have new additions that happen to be key pieces.

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Kobe has another few years to get another one.
I think it'll be Duncan...wouldn't you guys love Lebron losing to the spurs again? X)

S-Dot
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Its also hard to go against the defending champs, one of the greatest players ever at his peak, and the winningest coach ever

It depends on how free agency works out for the Lakers. Right now I think with King James and Shaq on a mission, its hard to go against them.

LE-SHAQ
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
The King and Shaq are pissed and on a mission (add a new puppet SHAQ). Plus the Cavs are not done. Everyone will be pushing for lebron/ shaq vs. kobe. But watch out for San Antonio healthy they beat the lakers, Timmy has never beaten Shaq when it mattered.

Durant is hype
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
As of now,Kobe Bryant.

Derick713
07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
You'd think it'd be Kobe since he's the younger of the three and has the younger team with the greater potential.

Its Shaquille O'Neal because both Kobe and Duncan are in the West which means only one of them will get to the Finals on their end. The East will be a cake-walk for the team that gets the 1 seed which the Cavs should.

KnicksR4Real
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
extremely hard, i would say kobe nah shaq, i don't know
we need to see if either team adds any players

LA_Raiders
07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Kobe 30yrs
Shaq 38yrs
Duncan 33yrs?

I guess Is The Black Mamba....

S-Dot
07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Kobe 30yrs
Shaq 38yrs
Duncan 33yrs?

I guess Is The Black Mamba....

Shaq 37yrs + Lebron 24yrs....let's not forget SHaq has the MVP playing alonngside him

todu82
07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Duncan.

architect13563
07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Kobe or TD.. too much "relevant" competition out east.

Lebronmylasthop
07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
shaq ....in this years finals against duncan. Lakers lose in 6 to San Antonio and play Cleveland who beat detroit in 7 to get to the finals....this time Cleveland wins

marques724
07-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Kobe has the younger and deeper team and a team that knows how to play with each other unlike Shaq's and Duncan. I go with Kobe.

redsox4ever36
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Why are the Cavs a lock to win the East? Boston will be back next year and with the emergence of perkins rondo and davis could be even better than 08 depending on KG Pierce and Allen. The Magic may improve as well considering Nelson will be there for the full year, Howard is entering is prime and Carter is a nice addition for them.

The ChILL
07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I voted Shaq due to the fact he will be playing with King James. Kobe just got his, now it's LBJ's time.

One more thing to consider - are we certain that Phil Jackson is returning?

static_inferno
07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Kobe, not just because i'm a Laker fan but here's my logic: Kobe is younger on a younger team, and if we retain Ariza and Odom, then we'll be the favorite to win it all again. also, you know what to expect from this Laker team, you don't know what to expect form these new Spurs and Cavs teams. the Spurs are getting older, the addition of Jefferson is great, but in a matchup of Spurs-Lakers, Ariza will neutralize Jefferson. now on to Shaq, i honestly doubt they get past Boston or Orlando next season. Boston will be healthy again, and Orlando will be even better than last season since now they have a star wing player that can create his own shot, a big piece i thought they were missing this past season.

atl_braves_fan
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
As long as they resign Ariza, Kobe.

IAlakerfan
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Kobe, he is the youngest of the 3 and will have bascially the same team. With a healthy Andrew Bynum and Sasha actually hitting some shots Lakers will win it again. If its a Clevland vs LA finals, LA will just run pick and roles all day with Kobe and Gasol and we all know how horrible Shaq is at defending the pick and roll. That being said i think Kobe will get at least 6 before his career is all said and done.

SportsManiacSJ
07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Why are the Cavs a lock to win the East? Boston will be back next year and with the emergence of perkins rondo and davis could be even better than 08 depending on KG Pierce and Allen. The Magic may improve as well considering Nelson will be there for the full year, Howard is entering is prime and Carter is a nice addition for them.

howard isnt even entering hsi prime yet...maybe 3 more years when hes 27 or 28..but ey ai pick kobe =)

JENKSTONE724
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I would say Shaq because Lebron. All he needed this year was a big man that can be tough under the hole. And now he have that in Shaq if he stay healthy. They are going to run the NBA next year. I wish my Bulls could have made some big moves like that.

pistonsheed
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Kobe has another few years to get another one.
I think it'll be Duncan...wouldn't you guys love Lebron losing to the spurs again? X)

If Rasheed Wallace goes to spurs from free agency, then it is really hard to argue against the spurs. A starting five of parker, manu, duncan, jefferson and sheed would be formidable

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 11:42 AM

I think they equally have a legitimate shot. However, they are ALL past their peaks so they will need support. so this begs the better question who has the most support to win a 5th ring? Congrats to the Lakers but IMo it wasnt Kobe dominating like in Finals past, his role players came up big this year (Odom, Ariza and Fish)even though I think Kobe could have done it himself against an apathetic Orlando offense. But in no way is Kobe at his peak as someone said. He is on the downward decline which is still better then 98% of the league's talent level.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 11:45 AM
howard isnt even entering hsi prime yet...maybe 3 more years when hes 27 or 28..but ey ai pick kobe =)

Yeah Howard needs to improve his offense drastically, and if this is his prime he probably wont ever win a ring. He needs to add strength to his base instead of pumping his upper body so hard.

L'MAZZETO
07-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, Gooden, & Duncan make up a nasty starting 5...

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Kobe, not just because i'm a Laker fan but here's my logic: Kobe is younger on a younger team, and if we retain Ariza and Odom, then we'll be the favorite to win it all again. also, you know what to expect from this Laker team, you don't know what to expect form these new Spurs and Cavs teams. the Spurs are getting older, the addition of Jefferson is great, but in a matchup of Spurs-Lakers, Ariza will neutralize Jefferson. now on to Shaq, i honestly doubt they get past Boston or Orlando next season. Boston will be healthy again, and Orlando will be even better than last season since now they have a star wing player that can create his own shot, a big piece i thought they were missing this past season.

Spurs problem last year was the lack of scoring ability. Richard Jefferson as your possibly 4th option behind TP, Manu, Timmy is pure gold. If they add Rasheed(they drafted Dejuan Blair who is a bruiser) I think, on paper of course, I gotta give the nod to SA, but you know Manu might not EVER be the same with that ankle so who knows. LA IMo will not be able to retain Odom and Ariza. According to reports Ariza is looking for 8-12 million. Granted I believe nobody will give him the 10-12 range but he most certainly will warrant a 8-9 million offer from someone.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 11:55 AM
You'd think it'd be Kobe since he's the younger of the three and has the younger team with the greater potential.

Its Shaquille O'Neal because both Kobe and Duncan are in the West which means only one of them will get to the Finals on their end. The East will be a cake-walk for the team that gets the 1 seed which the Cavs should.

You know im sick of all the East bashing threads. was the #1 seed a cake walk to the Finals this year...hmmm...no. Both Conferences are equally competitive, yeah the West has bigger names but lets face it, its the NBA everyone can play. So b/c 9 teams are bbter then the rest and int he East you have 4 teams with dominate records and the other 10-12 are close record wise makes the conference a joke? I dont get that logic.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
And for whoever said Boston would be in the mix. I agree, but look what has happened in this offseason already with Boston. Danny Ainge comes out and verbally bashes probably the best player in the 09' Playoffs for his team(Rondo), then openly admits trying to trade him and Rondo to Detroit. I feel there might be some Chemistry issues. Issues you do not want with a budding PG who is responsible for running your team. Boston will not be able to replace him unless via a trade. I dont see any other PG's on the FA list who can put all around numbers up like Rondo defensively and offensively.

S-Dot
07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Spurs problem last year was the lack of scoring ability. Richard Jefferson as your possibly 4th option behind TP, Manu, Timmy is pure gold. If they add Rasheed(they drafted Dejuan Blair who is a bruiser) I think, on paper of course, I gotta give the nod to SA, but you know Manu might not EVER be the same with that ankle so who knows. LA IMo will not be able to retain Odom and Ariza. According to reports Ariza is looking for 8-12 million. Granted I believe nobody will give him the 10-12 range but he most certainly will warrant a 8-9 million offer from someone.

I agree 100%, and the east is better than what people often give them credit for..I still go with the combo of Shaq and LBJ though

lakerboy
07-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Come on. Is this a joke? How can you go against the Lakers?

The Spurs comes second. Lakers are still more talented than the Spurs. We are still more athletic and Gasol and Odom and Bynum will still give Duncan and whoever their C is a lot of problem.

This coming year, we will also get better. Bynum will finally have a complete season. Trevor, Farmar and our other younglings are a year older, while our veterans are still in tact.

The Cavs, on the other hand, still have to get pass Boston et al. They couldn't even beat Orlando. Did you see how Orlando handled them? Did you see how LA handled Orlando? Moreover, LBJ will probably leave Cleveland after this season. Shaq will most likely have only one year with LBJ.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
It depends on how free agency works out for the Lakers. Right now I think with King James and Shaq on a mission, its hard to go against them.

Don't confuse mission with agenda.The last time I checked Kobe is wearing the belt.And every body knows that to be the man,you've gotta beat the man...wooooo!!

Mr.ATLHawks
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Come on. Is this a joke? How can you go against the Lakers?

The Spurs comes second. Lakers are still more talented than the Spurs. We are still more athletic and Gasol and Odom and Bynum will still give Duncan and whoever their C is a lot of problem.

This coming year, we will also get better. Bynum will finally have a complete season. Trevor, Farmar and our other younglings are a year older, while our veterans are still in tact.

The Cavs, on the other hand, still have to get pass Boston et al. They couldn't even beat Orlando. Did you see how Orlando handled them? Did you see how LA handled Orlando? Moreover, LBJ will probably leave Cleveland after this season. Shaq will most likely have only one year with LBJ.

A joke? Yeah we ALL forgot the Lakers have won 3 championships in a row, oh wait NO they won this year. I give credit where its due. They handled business this year FINALLY. Bynum is injury prone face it..Farmar is a waste, why do you think they are desperately trying to upgrade at PG, b/c Farmar is the future? Athletic and Gasol shouldnt be in the same sentence. He is gifted offensively and yeah his defense looks A+ against a scoring deficient C like Dwight Howard. Orlando beat Cleveland b/c of their size andthe Cavs big mens lack of mobility on the pick and roll. Enjoy your finals victory while it last and get your share of **** talking because 2010 is a brand new season. Duncan can guard Gasol or Bynum and if they get Rasheed Wallace he can guard either also so what are you talking about. LA got a few breaks this year with Yao going down(which I believe w/ Yao Houston would have given LA all they could handle). So dont brag like your team breezed its way to the NBA Finals and they were that much superior to any other team they faced....Clown

Lakers4ItAll
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
We need to see how FA works out before we can answer this. But since Kobe is the youngest that gives him the best shot as of now.

RaiderLakersA's
07-01-2009, 01:00 PM
/Speculation_restrictions_off.

If the Lakers return their entire cast, coach included, I see them making a third Finals appearance. Why? Someone said it earlier...because Kobe doesn't have to be Jordanesque each and every game. He's getting incredible production from Pau, Ariza, Odom and other role players. The Lakers are quickly evolving into one of those teams where you can't shut down everything that they're doing. The minute you plug one hole, a leak springs somewhere else. Stop Kobe (or Kobe shoots himself into a slump) and Pau delivers. Stop Pau and Kobe and Ariza dominates a quarter or two. Stop those 3 and what do you know, Odom emerges from his dreamwalking state to drain a 3 here, hustle for a timely rebound there, block a shot or two for good measure.

Kobe. He looked worn in the playoffs. No chance of that next year. He is going to play like a man possessed again, knowing full well that his chances of winning another title under PJ is a rapidly diminishing window. This could very well be Jackson's last year coaching. I don't see the Lakers resting on their laurels. Kobe gets his 5th ring first.

Duncan, if something tragic befalls Kobe and the Lakers.

Shaq has all of the rings that he'll ever get.

fresh prince
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
A joke? Yeah we ALL forgot the Lakers have won 3 championships in a row, oh wait NO they won this year. I give credit where its due. They handled business this year FINALLY. Bynum is injury prone face it..Farmar is a waste, why do you think they are desperately trying to upgrade at PG, b/c Farmar is the future? Athletic and Gasol shouldnt be in the same sentence. He is gifted offensively and yeah his defense looks A+ against a scoring deficient C like Dwight Howard. Orlando beat Cleveland b/c of their size andthe Cavs big mens lack of mobility on the pick and roll. Enjoy your finals victory while it last and get your share of **** talking because 2010 is a brand new season. Duncan can guard Gasol or Bynum and if they get Rasheed Wallace he can guard either also so what are you talking about. LA got a few breaks this year with Yao going down(which I believe w/ Yao Houston would have given LA all they could handle). So dont brag like your team breezed its way to the NBA Finals and they were that much superior to any other team they faced....Clown

Hahahaaa.. The Lakers Finally won a championship!

Says the Atlanta Hawks fan?

You've got to be kidding me

J_M_B
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
If the Lakers resign Ariza and Odom then I'll chose Kobe, but if the Cavs add a couple of other pieces to their roster its gonna be a Cavs-Lakers showdown.

lakerfan 4 life
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I think they equally have a legitimate shot. However, they are ALL past their peaks so they will need support. so this begs the better question who has the most support to win a 5th ring? Congrats to the Lakers but IMo it wasnt Kobe dominating like in Finals past, his role players came up big this year (Odom, Ariza and Fish)even though I think Kobe could have done it himself against an apathetic Orlando offense. But in no way is Kobe at his peak as someone said. He is on the downward decline which is still better then 98% of the league's talent level.

:confused:How is kobe past his peak? He just had one of his best seasons in assists and still managed to average 25+ points. He was also averaging 35+ points in the playoffs at one point.

DrDEADalready
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Duncan by far!

Raiders#1 Scout
07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I would go with Shaq unless the Spurs get Rasheed Wallace. If the Cavs or Spurs get him they would be hard to deny the title to. Kobe with the extension will be hard to resign lamar and ariza

mcvicker_matt
07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
All I see Lakers fan say is IF... If we keep Lamar. If we keep Ariza. Right now Spurs have made big moves and so have the Cavs so I would take either of them right now. Probably the Spurs though just because they are more put together than either of the other two teams.

EX-TREME
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
kobe

RaiderLakersA's
07-01-2009, 05:11 PM
All I see Lakers fan say is IF... If we keep Lamar. If we keep Ariza. Right now Spurs have made big moves and so have the Cavs so I would take either of them right now.

IF we lose Ariza AND Odom, is there any doubt that we'll sign people that can replace them and not miss a beat? If not in 2009 in 2010??? Come on, now, let's be a little more open-minded about this. It's not a fluke that the Lakers have always attracted top talent and been to the Finals in just about every decade multiple times.

Everyone is speculating, but Duncan looked every bit his age last year and RJ is not without his shortcomings. The Spurs are a great organization, but the injury bug infests that team each and every year.

As for Shaq, he isn't the dominating force that he used to be, he doesn't command an automatic double team, and his presence means that the Cavs are looking more and more like they need to fill out the roster with perimeter marksmen. Further, we all know LeBron is gone after this year -- in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Lakers uniform at some point in his career -- so it's not a given for Shaq Daddy to win another ring.

Given the above, Kobe looks like the logical choice.

QuaLiThADoN
07-01-2009, 05:21 PM
will have to find out i think the Kobster

king4day
07-01-2009, 05:22 PM
If Kobes going to have a shot, then they better hope they make some moves.
I have a hard time believing they can repeat when Orlando, Cleveland and the Spurs have all improved (not to mention a healthy Boston team).

eugene
07-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd say KG will win just the second ;)

Freshed
07-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Shaq 37yrs + Lebron 24yrs....let's not forget SHaq has the MVP playing alonngside him

you should not forget that kobe is the best player in the world, and that he has a better team than lebron regardless of him having shaq.

ddaughtry
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Kobe has the younger and better team around him. This is only if the Lakers resign both Odom and Ariza though.

Trouble87
07-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Kobe without a doubt

ko8e24
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Kobe

Reasons, Lakers are defending NBA Champions, Spurs are experimenting adding RJ (shot attempts and just general scoring balance of td/park/manu/rj), Cavs experimenting with Shaq (don't know how its gonna affect Lebron's driving game to the hoop), and odom and ariza WILL be re-signed.

Also, knowing Kobe, he doesn't want this team to be a transitional champion. We haven't had a repeat champion in the nba since the '02 3-peat LAKERS. Repeating will just add to his legacy!

ko8e24
07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
The King and Shaq are pissed and on a mission (add a new puppet SHAQ). Plus the Cavs are not done. Everyone will be pushing for lebron/ shaq vs. kobe. But watch out for San Antonio healthy they beat the lakers, Timmy has never beaten Shaq when it mattered.

:confused:

1999 West Semi-Finals, Spurs (Duncan and co. Version I) sweep Lakers (Shaq-Kobe, Pre-Phil) to go on to Win NBA Championship in 5 games vs Knicks

2003 West Semi-Finals, Spurs (Duncan and co. Version II) beat Lakers (Shaq, Kobe, and Phil) in 6 to end their quest for a 4-peat, and eventually go on to Win NBA Championship in 6 games vs Nets

History lesson for ya buddy. TD has beaten Shaq went it counted, cuz the winner of the series represented the west in the finals, and won the title.

ko8e24
07-01-2009, 09:09 PM

:confused:

1999 West Semi-Finals, Spurs (Duncan and co. Version I) sweep Lakers (Shaq-Kobe, Pre-Phil) to go on to Win NBA Championship in 5 games vs Knicks

2003 West Semi-Finals, Spurs (Duncan and co. Version II) beat Lakers (Shaq, Kobe, and Phil) in 6 to end their quest for a 4-peat, and eventually go on to Win NBA Championship in 6 games vs Nets

History lesson for ya buddy. TD has beaten Shaq went it counted, cuz the winner of the series represented the west, and won the title.

Zefflin
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Burned.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Shaq then Duncan then Kobe.

Shaq has Lebron. Lebron at the wing, Mo at the point and Shaq in the post.

Duncan is part of the best fantastic 4 in the NBA with Parker, Ginobli and Richardosn.

Kobe becuase he is Kobe.

pippsux
07-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I say Duncan. They rebooted and got a steal in the 2nd round. Plus they are now in a weakened Div and conference in flux with only the Nuggets (whom they own) and Lakers to go through. Plus baldy......I mean Manu is back healthy.

Repeating is not that easy or else every champ would have been able to do it. Lakers might lose Odom or Ariza and even then who knows.

Shaq in Cleveland does not win them a title. They need one more piece and a better bench.

So look for the Spurs to win and kill NBA ratings that have been golden the last two seasons.

Westbrook36
07-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Honestly I think Tim Duncan has the best chance. We'll see if Odom and Ariza re-sign but the Spurs added Jefferson and he was the best move this offseason for any team (Yes I'm talking about the Shaq deal). He adds so much to the Spurs with Athletic ability and scoring. Manu will be healthy next season (Hopefully) and Tony Parker is a top 5 PG. I don't know if Shaq will be able to do the pick and roll and run the floor at all..Depends on if Artest really is going to go to the Cavs too.

Kobe always has a chance though..

cubbies93
07-01-2009, 09:32 PM
i think Kobe does if they are able to keep their team together. even if they loose Odom I still think they would be able to win another one.

SpursEvolution
07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
im not a hater but The Lakers are overated.... WAY OVERATED!!! w/out Kobe yall are absolute Garbage.... unlike other teams, SA,BOS,ORL,CLE, an even HOUSTON! know how to win without their star players out. yall are blessed Kobe hasnt been out! an if one day he is.... we will all laugh!!! im sure im not the only one who feels this way...

ko8e24
07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
im not a hater but The Lakers are overated.... WAY OVERATED!!! w/out Kobe yall are absolute Garbage.... unlike other teams, SA,BOS,ORL,CLE, an even HOUSTON! know how to win without their star players out. yall are blessed Kobe hasnt been out! an if one day he is.... we will all laugh!!! im sure im not the only one who feels this way...

DON'T DO DRUGS!!!!!!!!!! :no:

Mr.ATLHawks
07-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Hahahaaa.. The Lakers Finally won a championship!

Says the Atlanta Hawks fan?

You've got to be kidding me

Yes FINALLY in the post Shaq era. This has nothing to do with me being a Hawks fan. stay on Topic

Mr.ATLHawks
07-02-2009, 07:43 AM
:confused:How is kobe past his peak? He just had one of his best seasons in assists and still managed to average 25+ points. He was also averaging 35+ points in the playoffs at one point.

At one point? against Denver? Kobe is past his prime any schmuck can see that and if you continued to read what I said I also stated that even in his decline he is still better then almost everyone int he league. I commend Kobe this year he finally learned how to rely on his teammates in the clutch and thats why they are savouring a championship right now.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
kobe, simply because he is younger n the current champ...

thesparky33
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna go with Duncan.

I dont think the Lakers will keep Ariza, and it looks like Phil might be gone too, and IMO there goes their title hopes as well.

I also think that the Cavs need more than just Shaq to win a title. I may be wrong, but I think their team will have a little bit of a hangover from last season... they played their guts out every game... they might have a bumpy next season.

RaiderLakersA's
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I also think that the Cavs need more than just Shaq to win a title. I may be wrong, but I think their team will have a little bit of a hangover from last season... they played their guts out every game... they might have a bumpy next season.

We will quickly find out the Cavs mettle next season.

We've seen what happens when the pressure to live up to expectations overwhelms a team. The Celtics bounced the Lakers in last year's Finals because they weren't able to deal with it. The Lakers were favored to win. The Cavs got bounced in the Eastern Conference round this year because they weren't prepared to deal with it. The Cavs were favored to win.

With so many now favoring Cleveland for a Finals Championship this year, it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off. I have my doubts.

jaymart750
07-05-2009, 01:45 AM
This is an easy question. The answer is undoubtedly The Black Mamba aka Kobe Bryant. Then Duncan, and after that Shaq. Here is why, first off the Lakers aquired arguably the best defenders in league in Ron Artest, that can also average 18 ppg. This means that the majority of the time Artest (a la Pippen) will guard the best offensive player out of the guards and small forward. This will keep Kobe fresh, and make him a roamer on defense, which is were he performs his best. Lebron will have fits if they face L.A. in the finals with Artest rough defense. Who will guard Kobe? Delonte West? Shaq will not be able to hang with Gasol, and will not overpower Bynum. The Spurs have a more complete team, but I dont think they will be able to stop Lakers this year. Kobe always crushes them and this year it will be easier as Bruce Bowen is no longer a Spur. This is clearly Kobe's time to not only win his 5th, but i think his 6th and 7th consecutively. Only thing missing is for them to sign Lamar Odom, and the four-peat is very possible.

nyyankees09
07-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Kobe

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Me
Kobe
Artest
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Gasol

That lineup could win a ring next year. And truth be told, I suck. Lakers are going for the three peat. Thats all Phil knows. If he wins a championship, you know two more are coming right after. We might as well call off the next two seasons. How about this. The Lakers will agree to not play against your crappy teams and embarrass them for the next two seasons. Just give them the trophies and your teams can play for second place. Sound good?

MadBomber
07-05-2009, 02:05 AM
From the teams I see now, I would have to say Kobe and the Lakers. But will have to see how their team looks after FA and trades have finalized.

ko8e24
07-05-2009, 03:53 AM
**** Shaq, Duncan and Kobe, its all about D-Fish!!!

LA Faithful
07-05-2009, 04:22 AM

First of all yes, you are a hater.

When the team that most predicted to win it all actually wins it all... that team is not overrated.

"Yalls in San Antone best recognize dat dem dare LA Laykers is fixen to repeat in 2009-2010." LOL... You'll be crying again next year.

LkrLand
07-05-2009, 04:56 AM
I think that it has to be Kobe now with San Antonio and Cleveland following closely behind. Injuries are definitely going to play a factor next year though. Hopefully very few!

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:05 AM

lol nice answer, U said IF hahaha nd also a few more pieces hahaha so then how the hell would it be shaq, if u really think shaq is gonna help james win it all then ur obv a biased cavs fan

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:08 AM

hahaha just like this past year the cavs had the number 1 seed nd got destroyed by the magic nd the east has 3 elite teams while the west has 1 nd maybe 2

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:10 AM
shaq ....in this years finals against duncan. Lakers lose in 6 to San Antonio and play Cleveland who beat detroit in 7 to get to the finals....this time Cleveland wins

lol wow u kno nothing about bball if u really think the pistons are getting to the ECF

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:13 AM
If Rasheed Wallace goes to spurs from free agency, then it is really hard to argue against the spurs. A starting five of parker, manu, duncan, jefferson and sheed would be formidable

ya and their bench would be horrible if that was their startin rotation

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:17 AM
All I see Lakers fan say is IF... If we keep Lamar. If we keep Ariza. Right now Spurs have made big moves and so have the Cavs so I would take either of them right now. Probably the Spurs though just because they are more put together than either of the other two teams.

lol the spurs made one move nd got RJ and the cavs got shaq nd the lakers so far signed artest so wat u just said is laughable, the spurs couldnt even get out of the first round against a terrible mavs team

dayreezy
07-05-2009, 05:19 AM
kobes supporting cast: artest, bynum, gasol, fisher, brown, odom.. head coach phil jackson.. finals 2 yrs straight 1 championship

lebrons supporting cast.: shaq, williams, zydrunis, west, gibson.. head coach mike brown.. best record 08-09 season

duncans supporting cast: ginobli, parker, jefferson, gooden, finley.. head coach gregg popovich.. 3 championships in past 7 years

my opinion.... kobe gets 5 this next season

Fire Girardi
07-05-2009, 05:21 AM

lol are u jokin, take lebron off the cavs this past season and they prolly dont even win 20 games, u kno nothing about bball, the lakers are way overrated, good 1, lol the spurs cudnt even get out of the first round and were only missin manu

JayW_1023
07-05-2009, 05:23 AM
If Manu comes back fully healthy I really like our chances. Even past his prime...Manu as a fourth scoring option is pretty badass.

ZebraCity916
07-05-2009, 08:22 AM
lol are u jokin, take lebron off the cavs this past season and they prolly dont even win 20 games, u kno nothing about bball, the lakers are way overrated, good 1, lol the spurs cudnt even get out of the first round and were only missin manu

You're kidding, right????

He's one of the Spurs' most important players.

1.Duncan
2.Parker
3.Manu

And you told that dude he knows nothin' about basketball. HAHA. What a joke!! Look who's talking!!

Lakers211221
07-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Kobe will get it this year and then maybe his 6th next year!

JordansBulls
07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Spurs will probably make it this year as there window is closing. Lakers have a good 4 years left in them, while SA has 2 years. Boston has 2 years, Cavs have 2 years and Orlando has 3 years.

JJ81
07-05-2009, 11:05 AM
jelly

mzgrizz
07-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Kobe will get it this year and then maybe his 6th next year!

Agreed.

HeatBBall
07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
gotta go with Kobe, I think Shaq don't got much left in his tank.

jlisec01
07-05-2009, 02:45 PM
give shaq and lebron a year together and they'll get it done. I think kobe and the lakers will get it done another year back to back.

dolfan83
07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
the big fundementals as shaq like to call him has the best chance to win his fifth with the addition of RJ

rapswin98
07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
kobe will get his 5th. i still dont see anyone stopping the lakers next season

Bruno
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Kobe. Artest will shut down Jefferson.

Squad13
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Its Kobe.. how can you say otherwise? You all better hope that Artest becomes a black hole on offense, if he plays within the offense and shoots the open 3's he will be getting... watch out world.

barreleffact
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
3- Duncan...manu is injury proned and is declining. RJ has his own problems and isnt top tier. they have great defense assuming RJ can play defense on their level but they arent greatly improved by Rj IMO. im not buying it at all. they may be better than they were last year, but they arent better than the lakers in anyway besides probably efficiency.

2- shaq...he has lebron but what else? williams and big Z should be quality players but the problems of last year havent been resolved by any stretch of the imagination. currently they'd still be dropped by a healthy boston or orlando. and considering they will most likely have to go thru both...its not looking good

1- LA...they have the best chance of getting to the finals, but as for winning it, its not gonna be nearly as easy as last year because boston or orlando are better than they were and getting better depending on sheed. still, if artest limits himself to playing within LA's role for him and kobe is well rested, LA is in pretty good shape. they have major weapons in Kobe, Gasol, Artest ODOM, but also minor killers in bynum, sasha(probable bust), fisher, and farmar. if those 4 play up to their potentials, its VERY hard to go against LA

braveniler58
07-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Going to say Shaq. I think LeBron will be on a mission next year.

_KB24_
07-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Gasol 28 yrs+ Kobe 30yrs...lets not forget Kobe is the best player in the world.

Kyben36
07-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Im going to be a doubter, I think that Artest will blow up in the Lakers face, and there will be alot of problems. ( just my opinion, SRY Lakers Fans ). I cant see shaq getting it done, I think that there will be too much fun this year, and they will blow up in the playoffs.

Im going Duncan, They have one hell of a linup. Parker, Manu, Jeferson, ?????, Duncan, Its pretty sick. I like there chances, and they may be the youngest out of the other teams as well.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
mr.bryant nuff said.

lakers4sho
07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Im going to be a doubter, I think that Artest will blow up in the Lakers face, and there will be alot of problems. ( just my opinion, SRY Lakers Fans ). I cant see shaq getting it done, I think that there will be too much fun this year, and they will blow up in the playoffs.

Im going Duncan, They have one hell of a linup. Parker, Manu, Jeferson, ?????, Duncan, Its pretty sick. I like there chances, and they may be the youngest out of the other teams as well.

I think a lineup of Kobe,Artest,Odom,Gasol, and Bynum is pretty sick too :)

richiesaurus310
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
a ring for the king and superman is more likely to happen first. i dont think the cavs are done picking up talent. veterans will want to play on this team for cheap.

plpfctn
07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
lakers are still the best team in the nba after acquiring ron artest. but they need odom to return. but i really like kobe's chances.

barreleffact
07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
a ring for the king and superman is more likely to happen first. i dont think the cavs are done picking up talent. veterans will want to play on this team for cheap.

orlando, boston, LA, and san anton also all have great chances of signing players for cheap too.

b_rad23
07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I'll say two things on the subject.

1) As of now, I'd say they have pretty much an equal shot.
2) If one of these teams (or Orl or Bos) steals Sheed they'll be the title winner.