PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bass wants to talk with the Hornets!

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/06/brandon_bass_considering_the_n.html

Yes that would be sooo great man, I'd love him back with us.

Patrick Swayze
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
who cares dude..bass?rly?

So far, none of your posts here have no point at all.

It would be great to have Bass back except I don't see it happening.

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Yea rly, a great backup PF for West is what we need with potential to start.

Patrick Swayze
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
West isnt even all that good...Ill take a crappy starter over a great back up..plus bass?rly?

Seriously?

tland22
06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
hahhaha i was wondering why nobody was talking about this breaking news....this is HUUUUGE. I been talking to myself about this story in the MLE thread for the past hour lol.

He has to be a priority. I read somehwere today on Nola.com that hornets have 7.5million to spend in free agency. which was more than I thought we would have, so thats pretty exciting.
Brandon Bass would be a MONSTER addition. He only avgs lss than 20mins per game and as we all know he is HIGHLY productive!

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
7.5 million how?

tland22
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
First off the Hornets are over the Salary Cap. In the NBA, that means they can only make better than minimum offers to their own players or take advantage of a pair of Exceptions offered to all NBA teams. The first is the Mid-Level Exception. Every year a team is allowed to offer a contract or contracts equal to the average salary of an NBA player. The past two years, the Hornets have made that offer to James Posey and Morris Peterson. Teams are also allowed to offer a bi-annual exception every two years as well, which is a contract worth roughly double what most players would make on a minimum contract. Both of these exceptions will be available to the Hornets this off-season. So all together, if they wanted to spend, they could contracts worth about $7.5 million, with the biggest possible contract being worth about $5.6 million.

This plus Bass looking for this type of contract...PLUS the breaking new of Bass saying the Hornets are OBVIOUS up on his list of teams he is considering etc....im smelling Brandon bass. I HOPE!

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I was on a Hornets forums and they said we got 7.5 Million to spend, IDK how

tland22
06-30-2009, 11:36 PM
i just told you how man..... Jeff Bower said it today on NOLA.com.... my post above I explained it to you mate

Vinny642
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
haha lol sry man

tland22
07-02-2009, 05:02 PM
NEW ARTICLE FROM THE ADVOCATE newspaper on Brandon Bass

BATON ROUGE, La. ― Two years ago when Brandon Bass first became a free agent, the phones were relatively quiet.

Few teams wanted his services.

Then he played for Dallas, breaking out with two big seasons off the bench for the Mavericks.

And now he's wanted again, sending him flashing back to his senior year in high school.

"That's the thing. That's when I sit back and think about all the work I've put in because I've been working tirelessly,"

Bass said Wednesday while working out with former U.S. Olympic Team weight coach Gayle Hatch.

"When I sit back and think about all the teams looking to sign me now - it makes me feel like I'm coming out of high school as an All-American and having all the colleges after me."

One of those teams interested in Bass is none other than New Orleans, the same team with the same coach who, after drafting the former LSU star in 2005, barely gave him an opportunity to play.

"When I was coming out of high school, no matter what the Hornets offered me, I would have been there," Bass said. "I grew out of being a homeboy. I'd go other places. They've got a good team down there and if everything falls in line like it's supposed to, I'd love to be back in New Orleans."

Lack of opportunity is one of the reasons Bass originally left New Orleans. Head Coach Byron Scott didn't give him much of a consistent opportunity to play.

"The situation that happened two years ago, my wounds are still healing," Bass said. "They aren't fully healed from what happened. But the experience there was so good for me that if I had to do it all over again, I'd still do it."

It's the past two years that have made Bass a wanted player.

Coming off the bench in Dallas, Bass averaged 8.3 and 8.5 points per game, respectively, as well as 4.4 and 4.5 rebounds. Statistically speaking, Bass' best year was this past season when he set career highs in both points and rebounds.

He proved to be a key contributor down the stretch as Dallas, helping the Mavs finish the regular season winning 6 of 8 to not only get into the playoffs, but move up to the No. 6 seed.

Bass said he and his agent both have been in contact with New Orleans.

"They're working on it," Bass said. "Hopefully they're working on it a lot faster so we can get everything done because a lot of teams are out there showing interest and New Orleans is going to be one of the teams I really give a good look to."

But the Hornets aren't alone in vying for Bass' contract.

Bass said the Orlando Magic have contacted him, as well as three other teams besides New Orleans.

More importantly for Bass, he said one team has shown a "lot, lot, lot" of interest in him. He wouldn't tip his hat, however.

"I've gotten a lot of interest from a bunch of different teams," Bass said. "One team has showed a significant amount of interest. I'm still playing it by ear to see how everything else plays out

tland22
07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
seems like he would rather come to NO than anywhere else....thats what I got from this article... our front office better be working like crzy trying to work a deal out for Bass!!!!!!1

tland22
07-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Looking Like Gortat signing with Mavs likely..... our SOUTHWEST DIVISION is very active and mostly upgrading.... Spurs, Houston, Memphis, and even Dallas..... Hornets need to step our game up or atleast look a little more active.

asmarks18
07-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Would your front office be willing to trade Posey to save money? If so we can offer Stackhouse and a draft pick or two for him. Tell me what ya think. You guys probably say no because we are one of your rivals and such but I thought i'd ask anyways. P.S... If you guys offer Bass he is likely all yours. By us signing Gortat it pretty much means we won't pursue Bass. Orlando might get into a bidding war for him with you but I highly doubt it.

BIGBREED
07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Looking Like Gortat signing with Mavs likely..... our SOUTHWEST DIVISION is very active and mostly upgrading.... Spurs, Houston, Memphis, and even Dallas..... Hornets need to step our game up or atleast look a little more active.

Agreed

tland22
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
ya know, I really love Posey, he stepped it up HUGE towards the end of the season for us...but I would NOT turn down Stackhouse and as you say "a draft pick or two" for him. Id make that trade, because witht he picks we could get younger, and thats what we need. That seems pretty fair ASMARKS.

tland22
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
oops

JDizzle
07-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I hope we get bass back. When he played for the hornets a couple years back when he would come in I could tell he was going to be good and after seeing what he did in dallas he has potential to be a star in this league if we get him and team him up with david west we would have a hard nose boarding intense player in bass and a more finess and good out side shooter in west.. I dont think bass could play center tho... I only saw this cause it seems likly tyson chandlers days are number as is ethier morris peterson, daniels or brown

tland22
07-03-2009, 11:52 AM
good call J Dizzle

spacemandave
07-03-2009, 06:09 PM
who wants a 24 pick in the draft and a guy that doesnt play anymore. posey wasnt great last year but has way more value than that. were looking to get rid of our really ****** contracts not just kind of or a little ******.

tland22
07-03-2009, 06:18 PM
two future picks aint bad though...who knows they mite not even make the playoffs next year. 2 futures and stack..thats legit.

tland22
07-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey spacemandave...i have been wondering, are you a DMB fan? I got is new CD the day it cameout and I saw your name and I immediately thought of the song SPACEMAN on his new CD...then is saw the name Dave after it and figured....his name probly isnt Dave,....so Dave represents Dave Matthews right?

I hope this isnt random and sounding crazy, I am just an OBSESSED DMB fan.... I saw him at jazz fest in New orleans this Spring...

asmarks18
07-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I was thinking more of a 2nd rounder. We have OKC's 2nd round pick so we could give you that and another pick in the 2nd round or we could give you an abundance of cash. Stackhouse's contract has a 2 million dollar buyout for anyone who doesn't know. Who knows if you guys dump Posey, maybe you guys would have saved enough money so you can keep Chandler

tland22
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I have no link for this but this morning I hear this announcment on the radio 1210AM THE SCORE...with Hornets announcer Jordy Hultberg.

THE HORNETS OFFERED BRANDON BASS A 5 YEAR, $25 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

lets just hope he accepts the offer. Dallas Morn news today said his agent, Tony Dutt claimed Bass is still "very interested" in Dallas still.....

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I have no link for this but this morning I hear this announcment on the radio 1210AM THE SCORE...with Hornets announcer Jordy Hultberg.

THE HORNETS OFFERED BRANDON BASS A 5 YEAR, $25 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

lets just hope he accepts the offer. Dallas Morn news today said his agent, Tony Dutt claimed Bass is still "very interested" in Dallas still.....

That would sound about right. The thing that scares me is that the Hornets offered guys like him (Peterson and Posey) contracts like that and looked what happened. It was a bust. I'm afraid if we sign him then in two years we will be looking to get rid of his contract. It just seems like that's the case with the free agents we sign.

spacemandave
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
ya bass isnt the answer, he only plays pf just like dwest, how much time could he see....and i like dave matthews but not a big fan, havent heard new cd either, ive been spacemandave for many years now, so maybe the songs about me.

tland22
07-07-2009, 02:54 PM
hahahaha ^^^^ oh I see

Vinny642
07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
LOL I hope bass accepts that deal so we get him for 5 more years.

tland22
07-07-2009, 04:16 PM
^^^^ i agree with what you said. Having him for 5 more years would be a huge PLUS for us.

Vinny642
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
yea with a low contract then we can worry about someother part of the team to improve.

Real talk we arent gonna win it this year, the great teams are getting greater, unless we do something drastically we arent winning it

tland22
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Well, I will give you my version of real talk.... I think we arent out of it. What you have to remember is when and If Peja plays well and stays healthy, we are almost unbeatable. That is a scary team. Especially is=f we add Davis or Bass... i mean think about it. two years ago we were healthy and peja was the best 3point shooter in the NBA... Tyson was going with 12 and 12 per night etc... that is a team that is scary and our chemistry is GREAT. Make no mistake about it. Yes those teams are getting better, but lets not count ourselves out of it until the season starts, bvecause when we play well, we are elite.

Vinny642
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM
But Chandler has a nagging foot injury and Peja's back isnt getting better. So we wont be better then we will suck