PDA

View Full Version : Is your team an NBA title Contender?

IrespectNumber3
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Over the past 10 years and I guess I can go deeper...but I will stick to the last 10 years...These are all facts about teams that have one NBA championships...Only 5 teams have one titles this decade.
Spurs
Lakers
Pistons
Heat
Celtics

1) Coaching disregarding to 1998-99 Lockout year when 3rd year head coach Gregg Poppovich has won an NBA title...Each current coach over the last year that has won an NBA Championship has coached for at least 5 seasons in the NBA. EX Gregg Poppovich, Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Doc Rivers

2) Every team winning an NBA title has won a championship with at least one ORIGINAL player *either player picked from draft or started career at championship team* starting in the lineup. EX Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Teyshawn Prince, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Paul Pierce.

3) Every team winning an NBA title has made it to the playoffs the previous season. Except Celtics

4) There is no coorelation between winning MVP and winning an NBA Championship. Ex Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Lebron James and Allen Iverson.

5) Every team to win an NBA championship from 00-09 has featured at least one NBA player who has made it at least to the NBA East/West Conference Finals. Ex: Shaquille O'neal, Tim Duncan, Rasheed Wallace, Alonzo Mourning, and Kevin Garnett.

6) NBA Finals winners have had at least one player from 03 NBA Allstar game. EX. Shaquille O'neal, Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Antoine Walker, Kevin Garnet and Kobe Bryant.

7) After Tim Duncan, No number 1 draft pick post 1998 has ever one an NBA Championship. Pau Gasol and Tim Duncan are the only two players post 1998 to win ROY and NBA title

8)) Championship teams all had dominate/allstar caliber C/PF or hybrids to win titles. EX Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neal, Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol.

9) Championship teams excluding 1998-99 lockout season have all had allstar caliber or dominate PG or SG to win titles. Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Chauncey Billups, Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen.

10) The Average Win total per season for an NBA Champion from 00-09 is 59.5. The high being 67 wins and the low being 52 games.

With That said....Is your team a contender?

bosox3431
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM

5) Every team to win an NBA championship from 00-09 has featured at least one NBA player who has made it at least to the NBA East/West Conference Finals. Ex: Shaquille O'neal, Tim Duncan, Rasheed Wallace, Alonzo Mourning, and Kevin Garnett.

Is it just me or is that one pretty damn obvious?

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I would say my Hornets are contenders if we keep Tyson, and aquire a SF or SG

clutchski
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice post IrespectNumber3; my raptors are definitely not contenders.

philab
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Is it just me or is that won pretty damn obvious?

I thought that too, but I think he means prior to that year.

And I fixed the quote to keep with the spirit of the OP.

sacgiants1213
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
we'll contend for the worst record again... impressive!

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Warriors all the Way

soundjunkies2
06-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Over the past 10 years and I guess I can go deeper...but I will stick to the last 10 years...These are all facts about teams that have one NBA championships...Only 5 teams have one titles this decade.
Spurs
Lakers
Pistons
Heat
Celtics

1) Coaching disregarding to 1998-99 Lockout year when 3rd year head coach Gregg Poppovich has won an NBA title...Each current coach over the last year that has won an NBA Championship has coached for at least 5 seasons in the NBA. EX Gregg Poppovich, Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Doc Rivers

2) Every team winning an NBA title has won a championship with at least one ORIGINAL player *either player picked from draft or started career at championship team* starting in the lineup. EX Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Teyshawn Prince, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Paul Pierce.

3) Every team winning an NBA title has made it to the playoffs the previous season. Except Celtics

4) There is no coorelation between winning MVP and winning an NBA Championship. Ex Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Lebron James and Allen Iverson.

6) NBA Finals winners have had at least one player from 03 NBA Allstar game. EX. Shaquille O'neal, Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Antoine Walker, Kevin Garnet and Kobe Bryant.

7) After Tim Duncan, No number 1 draft pick post 1998 has ever one an NBA Championship. Pau Gasol and Tim Duncan are the only two players post 1998 to win ROY and NBA title

8)) Championship teams all had dominate/allstar caliber C/PF or hybrids to win titles. EX Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neal, Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol.

9) Championship teams excluding 1998-99 lockout season have all had allstar caliber or dominate PG or SG to win titles. Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Chauncey Billups, Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen.

10) The Average Win total per season for an NBA Champion from 00-09 is 59.5. The high being 67 wins and the low being 52 games.

With That said....Is your team a contender?

What is even more impressive is that only 8 different teams have won a championship since 1980.

Patrick Swayze
06-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I would say my Hornets are contenders if we keep Tyson, and aquire a SF or SG

Keeping Tyson won't make us contenders for sure. He will have to stay healthy first.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
this is kind of obvious for my team.

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Keeping Tyson won't make us contenders for sure. He will have to stay healthy first.

Well yea, but he can be very key on defense and if we aquire a SF or SG that can create their own shots and be our 3rd option, and making Tyson be only for defensive purposes and alley oops, we'd have good starters

Reversed86Curse
06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
I think the Celtics chances are somewhat decent to win it all this year

DCSportsIsPain
06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
No

JWO35
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
It depends on how the offseason goes, and who will be our new coach :D

Vinny642
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
after this year unless the celtics trade KG Pierce and Allen they are done

TheHeat3
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
um...no we are not title contenders this year

SpursEvolution
06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
My SPURS are contenders. Dont yuu think?

KaganRS
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Tears ... rolling down face , can't stop ...... must hold back .....be strong.

No.

But we're the favorite to win the NIT next year ...so how 'bout that?!

nVicious
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
no... not yet

asandhu23
06-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Warriors all the Way

:clap::clap::clap:

Trouble87
06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
not right now

2010 Believe...

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Mavs, no. Our front office is dickin around while others improve. Watch us give our full mid level to Anderson Varejo

asandhu23
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Mavs, no. Our front office is dickin around while others improve. Watch us give our full mid level to Anderson Varejo

thanks for not being a bandwagoner. =) i thinks Mavs will be in playoffs.they will have to hustle a lot. peace from warriors fan :)