PDA

View Full Version : Screw Jason Kidd, the Cavs need to spend their entire MLE on ...

Chronz
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Brandon Bass

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/063009dnspomavslede.401be0c.html

Brandon Bass is drawing a lot of attention on the free agent market, according to his agent.

"Brandon likes Dallas and appreciates the Mavericks," agent Tony Dutt said. "He will certainly look at that, but he will look at other options, too. I'm pretty comfortable in saying he's going to get a ton of interest."

Bass is believed to be seeking the mid-level exception, which is expected to be worth between $5 million and $5.5 million.

Dutt added that Bass isn't necessarily looking to sign with a team where he can start.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't mind Bass on the Nuggets, although he's not exactly the perfect fit.

DetroitRipCity
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
mo williams is 91 pippen???? well where was mo after he guarenteed a series win againts the magic... do yourself a favor dont ever compair mo williams to pippen

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Why do they need Kidd when they have Mo Williams?

abe_froman
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM

because kidd is more of a facilitator,while just shoots.

but thats moot,the rumor is more kidd wants/is trying to go to cle

king4day
06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
mo williams is 91 pippen???? well where was mo after he guarenteed a series win againts the magic... do yourself a favor dont ever compair mo williams to pippen

:laugh: You realize that's his sig right? :laugh:

HT9Canada
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I think Villanueva would be a better bet then Bass. Give him the MLE and make some kind of smaller trade for a SG. I'm saying a 6'5 guy with a shooting touch that doesnt take alot of shots (Anthony Parker or Marquis Daniels, but is a greal shooter and defender, Delonte West as back up PG and SG.

Shaq/Big Z/Varajeo
Villaneuva/Hickson/Varajeo
Lebron/Eyenga
Parker-or-Daniels/West/Gibson
Mo/West/Gibson

-if Varajao is too expensive then keep Darnell Jackson, see how he does and if no progress bring in a veteran for the playoffs

In other words, to do list, sign starting PF Villaneuva and starting SG Anthony Parker or Marquis Daniels

BlondeBomber41
06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Rasheed Wallace, Charlie Villanueva, Brandon Bass... all would be good fits next to Shaq. They can rebound and score and stretch the defense a bit, opening up the middle.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Rashard Lewis, Charlie Villanueva, Brandon Bass... all would be good fits next to Shaq. They can rebound and score and stretch the defense a bit, opening up the middle.

rashard lewis? will they trade shaq to get him? Villanueva is the best option.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
jason kidd will actual get passes..when mo is just trying to score 40 points so he can say yea see im an all star..hahaha funny stuff then he says magic CANT beat us ..haha then magic wipes there @$$ with the cavs..haha
funny funny stuff i would take future hall of famer over mo any day..sure mo is still young but jason kidd even at his age is still a beast.

BlondeBomber41
06-30-2009, 03:23 PM
rashard lewis? will they trade shaq to get him? Villanueva is the best option.

Ugh I meant Rasheed Wallace. Somehow it came out Rashard Lewis. I fixed it :p

masalex1205
06-30-2009, 03:26 PM

haha it's his sig hoss

DetroitRipCity
06-30-2009, 03:29 PM
:laugh: You realize that's his sig right? :laugh:

yea but that comment was too stupid to not say anything

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
bass comin to the Bay

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
bass comin to the Bay

Great fit for him and that team if theres any truth behind that

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 03:42 PM

because mo is not 1991 pippen and kidd even right now is a upgrade over mo. Mo is not even really a PG.

zambo4president
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM

:laugh: i did`nt understand that for a few minutes but now that i get it, it`s so funny :laugh:

Ace33Bone
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Mo Williams is the 1991 Pippen. R u serious. Whatever this guy is smoking they should ban it. I am very bias because Pippen is my fav of all time. But I am going to strictly keep this realistic by saying Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players off all time. Mo may not even be one of the 50 best players in the league right now and no knock on him because I like the dude but at the sametime that is one of the most boneheaded statements i have heard on here

i.got.the.nutz
06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
rofl @ this thread

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Mo Williams is the 1991 Pippen. R u serious. Whatever this guy is smoking they should ban it. I am very bias because Pippen is my fav of all time. But I am going to strictly keep this realistic by saying Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players off all time. Mo may not even be one of the 50 best players in the league right now and no knock on him because I like the dude but at the sametime that is one of the most boneheaded statements i have heard on here

that guy who said that was jordanbulls lol.

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM

he's making fun of mj-bulls for saying that. chronz isnt saying that, he just copied and pasted what mj-bulls said and used it as his sig.

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM
i mean jordansbulls not mj bulls

Hermie13
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
because mo is not 1991 pippen and kidd even right now is a upgrade over mo. Mo is not even really a PG.

Mo is a PG, period. He's WAY too small to be playing the 2-guard. We're already undersized there as it is with West who is 6'3" (Mo is 6'1"...heck, he's small for a PG even).

Mo is fine at the point. Cavs need to look at a few guys before even considering Kidd with the MLE.

Ron Artest would be the best fit IMO. With Yao out he may not want to return to Houston. He'd have to take less money obviously to come to Cleveland, but maybe a shot at a titile would do it for him. Mo, Artest, Lebron, Varejeo, and Shaq would be a heck of a starting 5 with West on the bench.

Rasheed Wallace would be a great fit at the 4....but doesn't sound likely he'll take the MLE....sounds like a sign-n-trade would be needed.

Charlie Villanueva would be a guy that could take the MLE....though should get better offers (and likely will).....but has said he wants to play in Cleveland.

Cavs do need a true backup PG (Gibson isn't it)......and Kidd wouldn't be a bad option....but I'd rather get a bigger 2-guard and let West backup both spots....

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
mo williams is a poor mans version of ben gordon. not a true point, under sized and a streaky shooter.

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
bass comin to the Bay

greenbay? can he play football?

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
mo williams is a poor mans version of ben gordon. not a true point, under sized and a streaky shooter.

williams trys on defense, while gordon ummm yaaa.

allvalleychamp
06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Kidd will bring them a title, JJ and Varejo should have the PF handled

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
williams trys on defense, while gordon ummm yaaa.

key word..... TRIES.

wizskinsfan
06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
any one of those three mentioned is better than what they got.. i jope none go to cle tho!!! hahaha

KaganRS
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Someone that can help Lebron and Shaq carry their bags off the bus....

TheHoopsProphet
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
whats this thread about again?

artest_kobe
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
mo williams sucks

ElMarroAfamado
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Kidd will bring them a title, JJ and Varejo should have the PF handled

hahaha
this cant be real

:rolleyes:

JKiddFan4Life
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
hahaha
this cant be real

:rolleyes:
And why not? All Cleveland really needs is a facilitator, someone who can get the ball to your primary scorers (LBJ and Shaq). Kidd's exactly what they need, and more and more it seems like he'll come at a bargain price. As stated previously, Mo is primarily a scorer, and he's undersized at any position which doesn't help much. LeBron shouldn't have to bring the ball down the court on every play. Your PG should be trusted enough to handle the ball in pressure situations.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Why?

Do you want the Lakers to use their MLE on the Lakers?

T.O.Fan:)
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
who is pippen ?

arkanian215
06-30-2009, 10:44 PM
you might want a good bench player. someone solid and can fill multiple roles and most importantly, score. hickson will be fine as a starter next to shaq. z off the bench nice. they just need depth.

Chronz
06-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow this thread went in an entirely different direction, but thanks for the lulz

Can I put you on my sig