PDA

View Full Version : Just how good is Mo Williams?

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Just how good is Mo Williams?

He is a lot better than I originally thought. He proved it all last year and became an allstar. He was already a 17 and 6 player prior to Cleveland and is the same player but with more TV exposure.

How good will he be? Best PG? Top 3 PG? Top 5 PG?

29$JerZ
06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't see him getting any better to be honest. He'll basically be the same for the next 6 years.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
He wont be in the Top 5 any time sooner, not taking anything away from him because he really helped that Cavs team. But it doesnt seem like CP3, Chauncey, Deron, Tony Parker, or Derrick letting him take that spot in the top 5 any time sooner

Statik1
06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I choose the 4th option oh wait .....

Westbrook36
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
He's always going to be a good PG but will never be a Top 5 PG.

masalex1205
06-30-2009, 01:30 PM
none of the above.

Wiliams didn't show up for the playoffs

Rylz
06-30-2009, 01:37 PM
CP3, D-Will, Parker, Rondo, Harris, and Rose are already better than him and about as young. Nothing but a serious injury's gonna make Mo pass them. Billups, Nash, and Kidd will eventually be replaced by the likes of Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, Ricky Rubio, Johnny Flynn, etc. I might give you top 10, but not top 5 until he proves it.

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 01:37 PM
neither. Just a really good shooter IMO.

urlachermess
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
none of the above.

Wiliams didn't show up for the playoffs

agreed and slapped this thread in the face!

nygiants242
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
He is so severely overrated. All of you are on his **** so hard its absolutely insane!

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
agreed and slapped this thread in the face!

jordanbulls is the only one that thinks mo is like a pippen or as good as pippen player :laugh2:

Storch
06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
overrated!!

nygiants242
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
jordanbulls is the only one that thinks mo is like a pippen or as good as pippen player :laugh2:

overrated!!

Completely agreed. It's ridiculous. Just because the Cavs went over the top this season and were amazing in the regular season (yes, in part because of Mo) does not mean he is God. The guy helped but he wasn't THE reason why they played so well. I barely think he's Top 10 if that.

I'd rather have... (no order)
Chauncey Billups
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Tony Parker
Devin Harris
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Rajon Rondo even

PapelbonLester
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
overrated!!

WHAT!!!! ur ****in stupid. If u watched all his games u no when his shots on theres no better shooting PG in the league. Id give him top 10 not top 5

1.Chris Paul
2.Tony Parker
3.Deron Williams
4.Steve Nash
5.Devin Harris
6.Chauncy Billups
7.Westbrook
8.Derrick Rose
9.Mo Williams
10.Rondo

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
how are those the only options, i wouldnt put mo williams in the top 15 tbh after watching how inept he was in these playoffs.

an "allstar" doesnt dissapear for an entire playoffs.

let me put it this way, if the Sixers got Mo Williams, i wouldnt be too excited about it. he wouldnt be a franchise changing player in my book and he doesn't play like a true PG and he's too small to be a sg. sorry to sound like im bashing him but i think he's been really overrated while other PG aren't getting the shine. how the **** was he an allstar??????

clutchski
06-30-2009, 01:57 PM
option e) top 15

Lakers4ItAll
06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Mo isn't in the top 5 if even top 7

torontosports10
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
JordanBulls...are you by any chance Mo Williams?

Lakers4ItAll
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
WHAT!!!! ur ****in stupid. If u watched all his games u no when his shots on theres no better shooting PG in the league. Id give him top 10 not top 5

1.Chris Paul
2.Tony Parker
3.Deron Williams
4.Steve Nash
5.Devin Harris
6.Chauncy Billups
7.Westbrook
8.Derrick Rose
9.Mo Williams
10.Rondo

More like you are ****in stupid for having Nash, Harris, Westbrook before Rose and even putting Mo before Rondo

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Guys don't let your decision be based on Mo's comments in the playoffs.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
option e) top 15

thats what i was tryn vote for lol

DJ CHACH
06-30-2009, 02:09 PM
overrated big time..anybody looks good playing off lebron...even gibson

Vee-Rex
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Mo is definitely not in the top five. Some might not put him in the top 10. But come on, if anyone says he's not in the top 15 then I want to know what they're smoking. Stop hating on him.

Mo is one series away from jumping into the top 10. If he played real good in that Orlando series people would have completely different opinions about him. Cut the guy some slack, he's a good basketball player.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only middle-ground person here. All I ever read about is people that either overrate players (Mo is NOT in the top five) or underrate them (Mo is in the top 15).

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM

of course u would say that :laugh2:

but even then mo is still not even a top 10 PG, for me a top 15 or 20.

albertc86
06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Mo Williams doesn't fall under either of those three categories. He's better than I thought he was, but by the west coast PG standard, he's not an all-star at all.

Chronz
06-30-2009, 02:17 PM

They arent, theyre letting his play do all the talking

Think of it this way, he was on the best team in the league (something thats usually a given that has atleast 2 All-Stars, its how the BJ Armstrong and Wally Z's of the world make their lone trip to the game), yet the coaches opted for choosing 2 guys on losing teams.

Hes NOT an All-Star, he was just lucky enough to be on Brons team, just like Wally and BJ were with KG and MJ.

Cali4rnia
06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
he is a clone of daniel gibson.. just lil better at driving in thats about it.. overrated is the best choice of word

LA_Raiders
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Where is the Top 15???

Kakaroach
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
:pity: Sounds like something my sister would say lol. Mo Williams will never be a Top 5 PG in this league.

lijuap18
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
We all witnessed Mike Bibby's Career. The ups (part of a great team with good talent at Sac,the down when he could not co exist with Ron Ron)..Mo Will most likely will have the same career. If it wasnt for the LBJ hype rubbing of on him and Mo thinking he is better than he actually is just like all the other Cavs he would be just a solid starting PG.

SteveNash
06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
LeBron makes it hard for Mo. I doubt Mo can ever become a top point guard playing with LeBron.

JWO35
06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Where's the "Top 20 PG" option at :laugh:
But, for real he isn't a Top 5 PG

Chronz
06-30-2009, 02:34 PM
LeBron makes it hard for Mo. I doubt Mo can ever become a top point guard playing with LeBron.

He had the best year of his career alongside Bron even though he was largely the same player. Hey remember our bet about Bron and his teammates?

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
He had the best year of his career alongside Bron even though he was largely the same player. Hey remember our bet about Bron and his teammates?

His '06-07 and '07-08 seasons were pretty much the same.

Chronz
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
His '06-07 and '07-08 seasons were pretty much the same.

Pretty much, but the fact that he did so on a better team and earned a spot on the AS team no matter how much he didnt deserve it, makes this the no brainer for best year of his career.

Dncehalldrug
06-30-2009, 02:58 PM
What happened to the 4th option?

Honestly, the guy is good but not in top 5. No way in hell he's ahead of the D-Will (Beast!), CP3 (Jason Kidd but younger version), TP (the RINGS speaks for itself), Nash (give him a good crew around him, he'll work his magic), Rondo (Hate him but would love him on your team), Chauncey (enough said). He's doing so well because Lebron James is always being doubled team. The guy last season was 0-2 when it comes to guaranteeing wins. (I just had to bring that up lol).

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47361716.jpg
Championship!:D:cool::hi5::dance:

LA_cabals
06-30-2009, 02:59 PM

You're right....

We should let our decision be based on the three options you gave us... :rolleyes:

Best PG? Top 3 PG? Top 5 PG? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Er1c
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
someone actually voted for best PG LOL..well he isnt top 3 nor 5. top10

Yanks All Day
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
IMO he is an undersized shooting guard. He has a really good jump shot and can simply go off for 35-40 on any given night. There is no evidence, to me, that he has what it takes to be a standout PG in the NBA. Especially on the Cavs, where LeBron is the best passer on the team and controls the ball so much. As long as he is playing with LeBron, I simply cannot even consider him a PG. Even so, there are about 10 other PGs I can name that I would want over him.

marvILLous
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM
hahahha wtf NONE of the above!

abe_froman
06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
not as good as jb makes him out to be

BRICKCITYPIMP12
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
hahaha great?? hahaha
i was FORCED to pick top 5 i was hoping there would be an option like... hes not great..
haha bcuz hes not.
hes good.. hes ok..but hes not great hes far far far from great.
and hes only good and ok now is bcuz hes playing with labron.
he was still mo on the bucks.. i dident see people saying he was great when he was with the bucks?
hahahaha

Southsideheat
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
not very.

Kleonidas
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought he was talking about best point guard on the Cavs....J.Nelson is way better to imo.

curtie74
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Gilbert Arenas
Monte Ellis
Baron Davis when healthy
Jameer Nelson who was the original allstar b4 mo ntill the injury
Kirk Hinrich
Andre Miller
Rodney Stuckey
So thats a whole another listog players that i would take over mo williams but he is a solid scoring point guard.

Completely agreed. It's ridiculous. Just because the Cavs went over the top this season and were amazing in the regular season (yes, in part because of Mo) does not mean he is God. The guy helped but he wasn't THE reason why they played so well. I barely think he's Top 10 if that.

I'd rather have... (no order)
Chauncey Billups
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Tony Parker
Devin Harris
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Rajon Rondo even

greg_ory_2005
06-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Why aren't there more choices in the poll? No way in hell is he top 5.

zambo4president
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I don`t think he is that good. There is 10 maybe 11 guys id rather have running the point than him.

J-Relo
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
might be top 10, but not closer...

i don't like him as a PG - because PG for me means "playmaker", he doesn't do that... well doesn't need to when there is Lebron, but still...

rrude
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Not good enough. He really looked timid against the Magic.

J-Relo
06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
he is the best PG

sarcasm...

couldn't pick top 5 cause it won't be funny...

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Mo is definitely not in the top five. Some might not put him in the top 10. But come on, if anyone says he's not in the top 15 then I want to know what they're smoking. Stop hating on him.

Mo is one series away from jumping into the top 10. If he played real good in that Orlando series people would have completely different opinions about him. Cut the guy some slack, he's a good basketball player.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only middle-ground person here. All I ever read about is people that either overrate players (Mo is NOT in the top five) or underrate them (Mo is in the top 15).

um he didnt though.... that's the point.

"If Andre Iguodala grew 2 inches, improved his midrange game, and gained 30 pounds, he would be lebron". but he isnt.... u see how that works?

the 20+ cavs game i saw last year he didn't impress me at all. 2 of the games he went off for 30+, but Andre Miller does the same thing too, without lebron, and i consider Andre a top 15 pg because he's a great leader and passer, which Mo is not.

A point guard is supposed to be a leader and a good distributor for his teammates.

Mo seemed no more useful than Delonte West on the cavs and if i didnt know he was an allstar, he would just be any other player to me.

he is a good scorer, but a top 15 PG? he is not.

MagicBucsSox
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM

1.Chris Paul
2.Tony Parker
3.Deron Williams
4.Steve Nash
5.Devin Harris
6.Chauncy Billups
7.Westbrook
8.Derrick Rose
9.Mo Williams
10.Rondo

the best shooting pg is the hibachi hands down.tell mo to avg damnnear 30 on a team in which he leads

Ace33Bone
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I think that people are underestimating how good LBJ can make someone look. He is def. not a top 5 pg right now but I can see him becoming one in the future... if he remains by LBJ's side... But i do agree with what a lot of people are saying it may be hard for him to crack that top 5 with the host of new pgs n the league such as:

1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
3. Rondo
4. Rose
5. Westbrook

these are not in any particular order just simply naming good younger pg in the league

TheGreenMonster
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Mo Williams sucks just like the rest of the supporting cast in Cleveland. Bron Bron is living the Allen Iverson Lifestyle. He is the only player with any talent AT ALL on his team

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Mo Williams sucks just like the rest of the supporting cast in Cleveland. Bron Bron is living the Allen Iverson Lifestyle. He is the only player with any talent AT ALL on his team

Delonte West and Mo Williams both have talent...theyre not in the top 10 or 15 at any of their positions but theyre talented

i.got.the.nutz
06-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Wheres the option that says hes equal to Scottie Pippen. I want to pick that one

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Just how good is Mo Williams?

He is a lot better than I originally thought. He proved it all last year and became an allstar. He was already a 17 and 6 player prior to Cleveland and is the same player but with more TV exposure.

How good will he be? Best PG? Top 3 PG? Top 5 PG?

all i know is he's not 91 pippen good :laugh::laugh::laugh:

nycericanguy
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
is this thread a joke???... none of the above...

nycericanguy
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
CP3
Deron
Parker
Nash
Rondo
Rose
Billups
Harris
Westbrook

i can probably go further but, either this thread is a joke, u are a cavs fan and a huge homer, or u have never seen an NBA basketball game in your life...

Goon.Weezy
06-30-2009, 05:09 PM
not even top 10

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
CP3
Deron
Parker
Nash
Rondo
Rose
Billups
Harris
Westbrook

i can probably go further but, either this thread is a joke, u are a cavs fan and a huge homer, or u have never seen an NBA basketball game in your life...

i can go farther with it, lol
monte ellis
kirk hinrich
jameer nelson
jason kidd
jose calderon
mike bibby

azkarraga
06-30-2009, 05:25 PM
none. and he aint no pippen either

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
mo is a good ball handler, nothing flashing, shoots the 3 well. good jump shooter. Good driver(love the mo flo). Decent defender. Thats mo williams. a good guy to have with lebron.

With lebron you don't need a true PG. Because lebron needs the ball. So you need shooters, mo is one of the better ones in this leauge.

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
i can go farther with it, lol
monte ellis
kirk hinrich
jameer nelson
jason kidd
jose calderon
mike bibby

There is no way in hell Ellis, Hinrich, Kidd now, Calderon or bibby are better.

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
monte ellis- to injury prone, but good player.
kirk hinrich- lol, no.
jameer nelson- 1 good year, Need to see more.
jason kidd- ummmm HECK NO....
jose calderon- Good passer and FT shooter. No.
mike bibby- hogs the ball alittle to much no.
Westbrook is not a PG.

Cp3
D-will
parker
billups
nash
rondo
williams
harris
rose

would be my tops

KaganRS
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Eh buddy , if the name of the thread was "just how crap is Mo Williams" , I might have considered voting .......congratulations on your man crush with an awful chucker

WoodbridgeSkins
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I can't vote. He'd definitely not a top 5 pg in the league!

superkegger
06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
He's clearly the best PG in the NBA, it's not really debatable.

DerekRE_3
06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
He's clearly the best PG in the NBA, it's not really debatable.

By he you mean Beno Udrih right?

Oh and PG's better than Mo Williams:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Tony Parker
5. Steve Nash
6. Devin Harris
7. Derrick Rose
8. Rajon Rondo

After that, there is still Baron Davis (horrible year last year) and Jameer Nelson (him and Mo are very similar).

superkegger
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
By he you mean Beno Udrih right?

No. If I was talking about Beno Udrih, I would have capitalized He, to show proper respect for his greatness. And Beno is more than a point guard, He is the best player in the NBA, he's a coach, a motivator, a power forward, and a legend, and it's so obvious I didn't think I would need to state such a thing.

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
funny, how people make threads just to bash a team lol. haters alive and well. Get a life guys.

DerekRE_3
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
No. If I was talking about Beno Udrih, I would have capitalized He, to show proper respect for his greatness. And Beno is more than a point guard, He is the best player in the NBA, he's a coach, a motivator, a power forward, and a legend, and it's so obvious I didn't think I would need to state such a thing.

Hmm...so if you weren't referring to Him (Beno Udrih), were you talking about Chris "I get my party on" Duhon.

Giaps
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
He's definitely not top 5.... expand the choices to top 10 or top 15.

Paul, D. Williams, Parker, Nash, Rose, Harris just to name a few in 5 seconds. Mo Williams is so overrated.

superkegger
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Hmm...so if you weren't referring to Him (Beno Udrih), were you talking about Chris "I get my party on" Duhon.

Well here's the thing. Chris Duhon is a god among men. But he went to Duke. Which clearly makes him an asshat. Because I don't know if you know this, but going to Duke actually makes you lose your soul. Which is for the most part, why Duke players don't succeed in the NBA, because they have no soul. Now there are exceptions, like Christian Laetnerr, who by most people's account, had the most successfull NBA career ever. I mean, he singlehandedly devastated the entire state of Kentucky. How many people have shattered the dreams of an entire state before? Not many I think. That doesn't even matter though, because Scott Skiles had 30 assists in a game once, Marcin Gortat doesn't even have that in his 69 career games. Speaking of which, do you think that the Vlade Divac and Toni Kukoc fued is even more heated because Toni has 3 championship rings, and Vlade has none? I bet Greg Ostertag could probably provide some insight on the topic.

OG "Dee" LOCc
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd say...

"Not that great"

He became an allstar because of 2 injuries, lol.

Hes a SG, kinda like a taller nate robinson.

DerekRE_3
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Well here's the thing. Chris Duhon is a god among men. But he went to Duke. Which clearly makes him an asshat. Because I don't know if you know this, but going to Duke actually makes you lose your soul. Which is for the most part, why Duke players don't succeed in the NBA, because they have no soul. Now there are exceptions, like Christian Laetnerr, who by most people's account, had the most successfull NBA career ever. I mean, he singlehandedly devastated the entire state of Kentucky. How many people have shattered the dreams of an entire state before? Not many I think. That doesn't even matter though, because Scott Skiles had 30 assists in a game once, Marcin Gortat doesn't even have that in his 69 career games. Speaking of which, do you think that the Vlade Divac and Toni Kukoc fued is even more heated because Toni has 3 championship rings, and Vlade has none? I bet Greg Ostertag could probably provide some insight on the topic.

Hmm...well if it's not Chris Duhon or Beno...it has to be Anthony Johnson. I mean have you seen his neck? He doesn't have one. You know why? A neck just causes you to have extra weight...and Anthony just can't have that with him being the best PG in the NBA. People have said that having no neck has affected his court vision and limits him as a playmaker. To that I call complete utter ********. Johnson doesn't need to pass...he's Anthony Johnson for crying out loud. He was drafted by the Kings in 1997, the same Kings team that Bill Wennington played for in 2000. You know who else did? Tyrone Corbin. Just craaazyyy. You know who else was on that Kings team? Ryan Robertson (Grandson of Oscar Robertson), who had 2 points in his nba career...which better than anything Mo Williams could do. Speaking of the Kings...Vernon Maxwell, the greatest SG to ever press his penis up against a person's car window and knowningly give someone herpes, also played for the Kings.

In conclusion...Lawrence Funderburke.

superkegger
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Hmm...well if it's not Chris Duhon or Beno...it has to be Anthony Johnson. I mean have you seen his neck? He doesn't have one. You know why? A neck just causes you to have extra weight...and Anthony just can't have that with him being the best PG in the NBA. People have said that having no neck has affected his court vision and limits him as a playmaker. To that I call complete utter ********. Johnson doesn't need to pass...he's Anthony Johnson for crying out loud. He was drafted by the Kings in 1997, the same Kings team that Bill Wennington played for in 2000. You know who else did? Tyrone Corbin. Just craaazyyy. You know who else was on that Kings team? Ryan Robertson, who had 2 points in his nba career...which better than anything Mo Williams could do.

Was Tyrone Corbin a SG? Because JR Rider was a sg too, and he like JJ Redick almost got a championship. He was on the 2000-2001 Lakers team, but didn't get to the playoff roster. Odd, JJ didn't get his title because he lost to the Lakers, and JR didn't get his, because he wasn't on the Lakers playoff Roster. Then JR only played 10 games the next year with Denver. But he scored 19ppg, and then they waived him, and we never heard from him again. Kinda like Luc Longley, whatever happened to that big ol ginger? He was so underrated. He made Michael Jordan better, and that's a stone cold fact. And that's the bottom line. You just can't make these kind of things up. Truth is stranger than fiction. Like did you know, that there was a man to play in the NBA named Dick Shrider, for the Knicks no less. What a legendary name. 4 total NBA games, and 1 point, 2 fouls, 2 assists and 1 for 3 from the line. Thing is, he still made it, he was an NBA baller. None of us can say that, so who are we to make fun of his name. Jerks. That's like dissing on Bill Cartwright, like any of us could go out there and go mono e mono with the legends he faced off against. I mean, just don't get me started, it's like someone is going to be critical of Luke Walton's incredibly homosexual arm tatoo because nobody and their brother knows wha the hell it is,and I don't think Luke does either, but he's still balling, and probably gets it wet more than anyone here. I mean, lets be serious, Detlef Schrempf is quite possibly the greatest influence on current day defensive stances. That guy could pop a defensive stance out of nowhere, and you'd be like, yeah, that's so fundamentally sound there's nothing I can do about it. Who'd a thunk that we wouldn't be saying Anthony Mason was that guy, but then again, he did rape two 14 year olds, statutory or not, it's still wrong. I mean, come on Mas, we know you're a badass, you don't need to do that kinda stuff to prove it. I mean what's next, is Charles Oakley going to one up him by banging a baby sheep or something, just to show nobody is a bigger bad *** or something? While we're talking about it, LeBron to detroit would make sense, cause the bab boys snubbed MJ when he beat them, and LeBron will never be like mike, so he should go to the team that snubbed jordan, since he snubbed the magic, and the magic can't get past the pistons. Pluss if Laimbeer ends up as coach, it would help lebron become that much bigger of a badass. No? I guess then we would know how good Mo really is then, until then, we won't know.

artest_kobe
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
he's terrible

KaganRS
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
About as good as waking up with a fat chick in your bed.

elpirata224
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
He wont be in the Top 5 any time sooner, not taking anything away from him because he really helped that Cavs team. But it doesnt seem like CP3, Chauncey, Deron, Tony Parker, or Derrick letting him take that spot in the top 5 any time sooner

Wow you're way off its a little more like

Cp3, Chauncey, Deron, Tony, and then Jameer not Derrick

Giaps
06-30-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry but nobody cared about Mo Williams before he played with Lebron. Now I won't take away everything he's done but you can't honestly say that playing with Lebron did not make playing easier.

Reversed86Curse
06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
over rated, maybe top 10 if he has a great year

TheHeat3
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
I'd say he's a pretty good starter. Not necessarily the best PG in the league..or top 5 for that matter, CP3, Deron, Kidd, Chauncey, Nash, Tony Parker are all better than him..not to mention Derrick Rose and Devin Harris. But he is a quality starter. I'd vote..but there's no 4th option

Giaps
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
hes the best pg in the league....he led histeam to the best record.....so hes the best....
Just wondering, what team are you a fan of?

MagicDojo
06-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd say he's a pretty good starter. Not necessarily the best PG in the league..or top 5 for that matter, CP3, Deron, Kidd, Chauncey, Nash, Tony Parker are all better than him..not to mention Derrick Rose and Devin Harris. But he is a quality starter. I'd vote..but there's no 4th option

He only made Allstar team cause Jameer Nelson got hurt. Jameeer is better.
The only thing Mo did well in the playoffs was yap.
You cannot say he is good when his shot is on...when your good your shot is always on...its not like a fever or the clap or something. He was proven (imo) to be a feux allstar in the Magic series where he was outplayed by Rafer Alston. He is definatley in the top15 pgs though.

MagicDojo
06-30-2009, 07:09 PM
hes the best pg in the league....he led histeam to the best record.....so hes the best....
Alot of peeps count what you do in the playoffs>than regular season. And really....he led the team...not Lebron? hmm

E.O.21
06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Hes a good PG but he scores alot because of lebron james. For a PG he averages only about 4 ast per game and i believe point guards should average at least 5. but thats just my opinion. if he were not playing with lebron he wouldnt of been an All Star

Trouble87
06-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I didnt vote... Mo Williams is good but he's none of the above

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Chauncey Billups

^ top 5

I would rank Bibby, Miller, Fisher, Arenas, Rondo, and Harris all higher than Mo Williams

he is a top 15 PG in the league right now... maybe 12th IMO

E.O.21
06-30-2009, 07:16 PM

ha ha ha, r u crazy. He helped lebron out alot but forgot to help him when it counted the most.

MAC10TIZZY
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
he's magical, he showed us all how to dissapear in the playoffs...(no pun)

Bucks_Packers
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
This is the most biased poll in history. I refuse to vote.

Vee-Rex
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
He's in the top 15. If you say he isn't then most likely you're just a hater.

Also, comparing his numbers to the numbers of SGs and SFs and saying, "He isn't a better PG than Lebron!!!1" is borderline idiotic.

If you're gonna do that, then Kobe and Lebron would make better PGs than most in the league already.

A point guard's greatest characteristic is his ability to make his entire team better. That is often from assists, but it can also come from excellent perimeter defense and fast break points, or even being a scoring threat (which makes the passing game even easier).

Mo is a decent scorer, but he needs work on other areas. He doesn't compare to people like D-Will or CP3, but he usually carries his own enough to be considered in the top 15 PGs.

Goon.Weezy
07-01-2009, 12:32 PM
This is the most biased poll in history. I refuse to vote.

:clap::hi5::cheers:

nycericanguy
07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
:clap::hi5::cheers:

im pretty sure this thread was meant as a joke...

prodigy
07-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry but nobody cared about Mo Williams before he played with Lebron. Now I won't take away everything he's done but you can't honestly say that playing with Lebron did not make playing easier.

Well he put up the same numbers he did with hte bucks. Mo is a good player period.

Not top 5, but top 10 for sure.

Now people need to stop bashing him for no reason.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
im pretty sure this thread was meant as a joke...

No, it wasn't meant as a joke. If you think it was, you don't know JordansBulls. He honestly thinks he is a top 3 PG in the NBA. He think Mo is like Scottie Pippen!:laugh:

prodigy
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Mo is a decent scorer, but he needs work on other areas. He doesn't compare to people like D-Will or CP3, but he usually carries his own enough to be considered in the top 15 PGs.

Cavs do NOT need or want a true PG. They need a guy who can score. Mo williams is no question that.

Mo williams fits the cavs needs. He is decent defender, real good scorer, and will get even better playing with lebron and shaq.

prodigy
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
No, it wasn't meant as a joke. If you think it was, you don't know JordansBulls. He honestly thinks he is a top 3 PG in the NBA. He think Mo is like Scottie Pippen!:laugh:

I think he was just setting up the cavs and mo williams to get made fun of.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Who's Mo Williams?

FaceDown91
07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
There is no way in hell Ellis, Hinrich, Kidd now, Calderon or bibby are better.

says the guy who also said mo is the 1991 pippen :laugh2:

the only one of those u said mo is better is bibby, the rest, all better then mo.

AntiG
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
none of the above. He's not even a top 10 point guard.

QuaLiThADoN
07-01-2009, 02:11 PM
he is not even top 10 there should be an option to vote for other

BigEric
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
15th best PG in the NBA. He doesn't excel in anything besides catching the ball when Lebron is doubled and shooting the 3.