PDA

View Full Version : LeBron owns Jay-Z??

prodigy
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Lebron gets whatever he wants from J-Z. Now in a music video. He also has a store in NY. So why does lebron need to go there? He already gets what he wants. seems like J-Z is all over lebron.

Also is J-Z part owner of the nets? if he is, how has he not be charged with tampering? He's at every game hovering over lebron like a 18 year old girl.

Hustla23
06-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Gay-Z

arkanian215
06-30-2009, 12:05 PM
i thought they were business partners.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-30-2009, 12:07 PM
They're friends.

That's how they show their friendship.

It's kinda like how normal people give gifts to their friends only Jay-Z is giving him more because he is rich.

arkanian215
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
i thought that was a joke. they're really friends? wow! lebron has to come to brooklyn then, after a stop in jersey.

carter15
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
ya their friends...dont c the big deal...lbj will b in NJ next year.

Jaydes
06-30-2009, 12:17 PM
J-Z????

Are you serious or are you joking around...

Its JAY-Z....

And Jigga and Bron have been tight for a while...The King will stay in cleveland for sure, they will build around him.

Jordan (23) / Pippen (33) ..... Lebron (23) / Shaq (33)...HHHMMMM

UofA
06-30-2009, 12:19 PM
**** Jay-Z

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Jay-Z is wack, he steals everyones songs and now he is trying to steal players, once a thief always a thief

IBleedPurple
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Its Jay-Z, and this has been news for years.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Jay-Z is wack, he steals everyones songs and now he is trying to steal players, once a thief always a thief

Not true @ all about the Best Rapper Alive (or dead at that), but this is old news

CELTICS4LYFE
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
wow haters!!!! lol but thats y i been saying lbj ta the brooklyn nets!!

KnickVeteran
06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Gay-Z

"Jealousy is a weak emotion, you got to overcome it" :D

Teeboy1487
06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
"Jealousy is a weak emotion, you got to overcome it" :D Kissing ***** is a weak motion, you have to overcome it. ;)

rhymeratic
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Nas is friends with Marbury.... :)

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Nas is friends with Marbury.... :)

So is Nas the one we blame for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWxgbyYrT5A

J Lay
06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Didnt Nas already smoke his soul with ether?

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Not true @ all about the Best Rapper Alive (or dead at that), but this is old news

Listen to Cam'ron "Bitter not a writter" it will show you how many songs that fruit has stolen, just off the top of my head "dirt off you shoulders" "99 problems" "bonnie and clyde" and I know there are many more I'm not a Jay-Z fan so I don't listen to his music but his hits are stolen.

MrBL00P
06-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Lebron gets whatever he wants from J-Z. Now in a music video. He also has a store in NY. So why does lebron need to go there? He already gets what he wants. seems like J-Z is all over lebron.

Also is J-Z part owner of the nets? if he is, how has he not be charged with tampering? He's at every game hovering over lebron like a 18 year old girl.

Its Jay Z.

Disrespect to the best rapper alive.

Lebron is gone Cleveland, face it, and it has nothing to do with Jay Z.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Listen to Cam'ron "Bitter not a writter" it will show you how many songs that fruit has stolen, just off the top of my head "dirt off you shoulders" "99 problems" "bonnie and clyde" and I know there are many more I'm not a Jay-Z fan so I don't listen to his music but his hits are stolen.

Im probably the biggest Jay fan, and if this wasnt an NBA forum I would debate this further, but one liners or sampled beats dont make hits..its his lyrics, and his best lyrics come from him...listen to his music first

MrBL00P
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM

Oh brother. Jay Z's prime years blow every1 else's (who's alive) prime years out the box, so you really have nothing to stand on here. Nas is the closest competitor.

Snoop in his prime was iller, but not lyrically.

Jay is the man son. We should be thankful that ***** is still alive.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Lebron is goin to be a NJ Net next year everyone ....Face the Facts

Unruly Fan
06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
"Jealousy is a weak emotion, you got to overcome it" :DOr better yet...

"Males shouldn't be jealouse that's a female trait" - Jay-Z

Just because Bron is friends with J doesn't mean anything. And I doubt its going to affect any of LeBron's decision when it comes to basket-ball. If LeBron is that easily swayed than I'll lose all respect for him.

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Im probably the biggest Jay fan, and if this wasnt an NBA forum I would debate this further, but one liners or sampled beats dont make hits..its his lyrics, and his best lyrics come from him...listen to his music first

Just answer where 99 problems came from?

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Just answer where 99 problems came from?

its a sampled rick rueben beat and in bonnie clyde kanye samples an old 2pac song, and dirt off your shoulder is original from timbaland...no lyrics in his verse are bitten in these songs

BowDown32
06-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Sampling is a part of hip-hop my friend. It has been since the 1980's. Listen to a song called Rise by Herp Albert... recognize anything. You gonna hate on Big now too? Everyone and their momma has sampled a beat in the hip-hop industry. Even Hova.... and by the way Cam'ron is garbage he's just jealous.

As Bloop and S-Dot said it's about the lyrics, flow and swagger. Anyone can make a hot beat and some stupid dance to go with it.

LeBron is buddies with Jay-Z and learns from him in a business sense. Why wouldn't LBJ take his advice and why wouldn't Jay-Z add LeBron to his brand? It's a win, win situation for both of them.

BUT, that does not mean he is gonna leave Cleveland. Why would he go to NY and play on a ****** team. Jersey, maybe, they got some young talent under contract for a while.

LeBron wants to be a winner. He will stay at home if that is possible.

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Wrong, it was a Trick Daddy song of I believe it is thugs.com LP, dirt off you shoulder is a song queen Latifa did, it was called something different but had the same basic chorus. Learn your Hip-Hop or rap what ever you want to call it before you speak about it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a hater, I like tracks he is featured and his lyrics on those tracks, but as I said he steals songs and now trying to steal NBA players

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Wrong, it was a Trick Daddy song of I believe it is thugs.com LP, dirt off you shoulder is a song queen Latifa did, it was called something different but had the same basic chorus. Learn your Hip-Hop or rap what ever you want to call it before you speak about it.

none of jay's lyrics come from a queen latifah or trick daddy song sir...maybe the beats, not the lyrics...once again it's the lyrics that make the rapper

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Um ya the trick daddy song was called 99 problems it is the basis for the entire track, I doubt you have ever heard it though. And sorry its on Thugs R us not thugs.com

BowDown32
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Honestly dude how does he steal an NBA player? He owns like a miniscule percent of the Nets franchise. Like less than 5%. It's more of a publicity move than an actual franchise move the Nets made as a whole.

Now, if you were a fan of your NBA team and you could convince arguably the best player in the league for the next 15 years to come and play in your city would you not do it?

I certainly would... then I'd make a new track, feature him in my video, get rich and let them haters keep on hating.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh brother. Jay Z's prime years blow every1 else's (who's alive) prime years out the box, so you really have nothing to stand on here. Nas is the closest competitor.

Snoop in his prime was iller, but not lyrically.

Jay is the man son. We should be thankful that ***** is still alive.

A little biased? Think so

HOVerrated

CELTICS4LYFE
06-30-2009, 01:57 PM
ok an ciara is a biter too right lol do u even know what 99 problems is about?? trick daddy is talking about 99 *****es kinda like jayz did in girls girls girls, n in 99 problems jayz is talking about 3 diff meanings for the word *****

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg&NR=1

Take a listen

PapelbonLester
06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Whoever made this thread is obviously on cocaine. There ****in BISNESS PARTNERS.....they go everywhere together. Google Jay-z with Lebron and ull probably get over 10,000 pics. Lbj will go to NJ and jay-z will keep bein a ganster. so respect them both. Lebron James Freestyle- Jay-z. He made that **** after his rookie year....where the **** yall been at????????? blow the whistle. Who the ****s overratted.....if anything they underpaid him. Check that song ***** fire

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
ok an ciara is a biter too right lol do u even know what 99 problems is about??

He can not be original and without originality you are nothing.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg&NR=1

Take a listen

I wont be able to respond to this now b/c I am at work and cant play it aloud, but I will definitely take a look...thanks though man, havent heard trick daddy since 2001 so this will be fun

D-Amazins

Sorry Jay-Z is not the greatest ever dead or alive. Maybe the most successful but not the greatest lyrically. Hes top 5 for sure tho, no doubt.

arkanian215
If Jay Z isnt the best rapper, he's the best rapper turned businessman. He easily out makes all the other rappers combined.

arkanian215
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
honestly, all rap lyrics are repetitive. i would be surprised to hear any new lyrics in that genre.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-30-2009, 02:07 PM
He can not be original and without originality you are nothing.

well i jus edited my other post

n as said b4 all of rap n hip hop is not orginal, when i mentioned ciara her beats sound jus like afrika bambata(not spelled right) n 50% of the beats to take stuff from him too

n when there is 50 or so bars in a song n one is taken from someone else big deal, its kinda like shown respect, like jayz said " i take a BIG verse, im only bign up my brother, bign up my boro, im big enuff ta do it, plus i know my own flo is foolish"

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Sorry Jay-Z is not the greatest ever dead or alive. Maybe the most successful but not the greatest lyrically. Hes top 5 for sure tho, no doubt.

I respect every1's opinion, the greatest rapper debate can go on longer than Kobe vs. LeBron..I just feel Jay-z has the title, he took over the game in 1996 and is still going stronger than any1 out ther, plus he has Beyonce and the Nets, etc.

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I wont be able to respond to this now b/c I am at work and cant play it aloud, but I will definitely take a look...thanks though man, havent heard trick daddy since 2001 so this will be fun

this is the biter not a writter, I'm not tyring to argue just trying to get some people to understand where I'm coming from, The 99 problems is from 2001 though so maybe you have heard it if you own any of his CD's. I just don't like copycats so if I prove my point good if not oh well and I know many people have their attachments to people and wont let go, but I am not a hater just a realist.

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 02:09 PM

n as said b4 all of rap n hip hop is not orginal, when i mentioned ciara her beats sound jus like afrika bambata(not spelled right) n 50% of the beats to take stuff from him too

n when there is 50 or so bars in a song n one is taken from someone else big deal, its kinda like shown respect, like jayz said " i take a BIG verse, im only bign up my brother, bign up my boro, im big enuff ta do it, plus i know my own flo is foolish"

What more can he say... Well put

NetsMetsJets
06-30-2009, 02:11 PM
The Brooklyn Nets 2011
Lineup

D Harris
T-will
L-James
A stoudamire
B-Lopez

CELTICS4LYFE
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
n one more time lol 99 problems has nothing ta do wit tricks song only thing the same is the title

goin home now but ill b back on

BowDown32
06-30-2009, 02:14 PM
If you are a realist then you would understand that EVERYONE has sampled beats in the hip-hop industry.

There wouldn't even be this discussion because it doesn't matter if he looped a hook or sampled a bass line. It's not him being a copycat, look at it as him respected the elders in the industry for putting him in the position he is today. If it wasn't for them he wouldn't be where he is today.

And for LeBron he loves to hang out with one of his idols. It's a simple as that man.

I love Jay-Z, I'll admit that but he is great for more reasons than just his music. He is a business icon. Others have tried to reach his status but just haven't.

Someone previous said he may not be the best rapper but IS the best business man and that is 100% true. Rakim, Nas, KRS-one so many too choose from its like choosing Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Russell, Magic and ranking them. It's just not possible for everyone to agree.

DJ CHACH
06-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Gay-Z

i started that first man....GAY-Z was all me...i used to rip the nets with that one...but ur right, he is in love with lebron...i wonder who he would choose..he might wanna have lebron b on the nets rather than have beyonce... u'll like this clip

http://www.rooftopcomedy.com/watch/BeyonceIsFine

listen to his jay z impersonation

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Hey I understand I just don't understand how people can say he is the best when in many cases he is not original, if it was 2 or 3 times that is not a big deal but "greatest" that is a problem with me. Not saying you said he is just others in this thread. Just one last thing, kanye said he liked coldplay and did a track with them then Jay-Z did a track with them he is just one of the least original people that gets respect like no other.

And just on a side not I hate Ciara and Hip hop without lyrics just plains sucks (solja Boy) so don't think I am a fan or that garbage.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
If Jay Z isnt the best rapper, he's the best rapper turned businessman. He easily out makes all the other rappers combined.

Obviously you don't actually pay attention to facts, just make blind statements.

Income June 2007-June 2008

50 Cent $150 Million
Jay Z $82 Million
Diddy (P Diddy, Puffy, Puff Daddy, Sean Combs, Identity Crisis) $35 Million
Kanye $30 Million
Timbaland $22 Million
Pharell $20 Million
Swizz Beatz $17 Million
Snoop Dogg $16 Million
Dr Dre $15 Million
Ludacris $14 Million
TI & Little Wayne $13 Million
Eminem, Akon, & Common $12 Million
Jermaine Dupri & Lil Jon $11 Million
OutKast, Chamillionaire, & The Game $10 Million

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
If you are a realist then you would understand that EVERYONE has sampled beats in the hip-hop industry.

There wouldn't even be this discussion because it doesn't matter if he looped a hook or sampled a bass line. It's not him being a copycat, look at it as him respected the elders in the industry for putting him in the position he is today. If it wasn't for them he wouldn't be where he is today.

And for LeBron he loves to hang out with one of his idols. It's a simple as that man.

I love Jay-Z, I'll admit that but he is great for more reasons than just his music. He is a business icon. Others have tried to reach his status but just haven't.

Someone previous said he may not be the best rapper but IS the best business man and that is 100% true. Rakim, Nas, KRS-one so many too choose from its like choosing Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Russell, Magic and ranking them. It's just not possible for everyone to agree.

Not talikin about beats, talking about the bases of his songs and lyrics.

kingkobe
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
J-Z????

Its JAY-Z....

And Jigga and Bron have been tight for a while...The King will stay in cleveland for sure, they will build around him.

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. As if just having the same numbers is going to enable them to win the title. This isn't WWE that you can go hmm...I can see through their storyline.

bbcmillionaire
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
lol gotdammit yawl some jay-z haters. greatest rapper probably ever, and he inspired lupe fiasco. besides jay-z and lebron been cool since lebrons rookie year because he said jay-z was his favorite rapper

DJ CHACH
06-30-2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsch2cfytg&nr=1

take a listen

tell em boiiiii

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
tell em boiiiii

I know the ones that don't want to believe they beloved Jay-Z isn't a biter won't listen to it.

DJ CHACH
06-30-2009, 02:25 PM
The Brooklyn Nets 2011
Lineup

D Harris
T-will
L-James
A stoudamire
B-Lopez

and thats why u just joined this forum...stupid talk like that got u banned everywhere else..keep goin man

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I know the ones that don't want to believe they beloved Jay-Z isn't a biter won't listen to it.

The camron song u are mentioning mavwar53 is trash i've heard it...Jay-z may take lines from other rappers but rap critics know none of those lines are anywhere close to being his best. It is HIS LYRICS that make him the greatest dead or alive. You stated you don't listen to his, can't debate someone if you listen to him; the camron song is not enough to make your debate

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I believe it is it shows how many lines he has taken, to be a good rap artist you need lyrics and originality if you don't have either you suck, if you have just originality it can get you somewhere, just lyrics and at least you can be respected, but stealing is just wack.

colinskik
06-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Illmatic is better than anything Jay put out, and I'm a Jay fan. But Illmatic is a sick album without a bad track on it. Definitely gotta give Jigga man respect where it's due though. He's in the top 5... In no particular order

1. Nas
2. Jay-z
3. Biggie
4. Pac
5. Mos def

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Illmatic is better than anything Jay put out, and I'm a Jay fan. But Illmatic is a sick album without a bad track on it. Definitely gotta give Jigga man respect where it's due though. He's in the top 5... In no particular order

1. Nas
2. Jay-z
3. Biggie
4. Pac
5. Mos def

Maybe top 5 at least top 10, without so much biting he is top 3.

PapelbonLester
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Whoever made this thread is obviously on cocaine. There ****in BISNESS PARTNERS.....they go everywhere together. Google Jay-z with Lebron and ull probably get over 10,000 pics. Lbj will go to NJ and jay-z will keep bein a ganster. so respect them both. Lebron James Freestyle- Jay-z. He made that **** after his rookie year....where the **** yall been at????????? blow the whistle. Who the ****s overratted.....if anything they underpaid him. Check that song ***** fire

IBleedPurple
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM

As if posting this once wasn't enough?

S-Dot
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
i started that first man....GAY-Z was all me...i used to rip the nets with that one...but ur right, he is in love with lebron...i wonder who he would choose..he might wanna have lebron b on the nets rather than have beyonce... u'll like this clip

http://www.rooftopcomedy.com/watch/BeyonceIsFine

listen to his jay z impersonation

theres a difference between stating facts on some1 and simply hating on them. Lets not hate on the dude here. He's a lyrical genius, great businessman, and he's cool with LeBron and married to beyonce...give him credit where credit is deserved

junion
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
luke walton and richard jefferson are friends

jay-z and lebron are friends

akon and jesse mccartney are friends

tracy mcgrady and vince carter are cousins

...so what does it matter? nothing... friends are friends... friends go to their friends' games.. this has been going on since friends were invented

josh shipp was on the laker championship bus with farmar and ariza... is that tampering? they are friends. celebrities and athletes have friends.

mavwar53
06-30-2009, 03:26 PM
luke walton and richard jefferson are friends

jay-z and lebron are friends

akon and jesse mccartney are friends

tracy mcgrady and vince carter are cousins

...so what does it matter? nothing... friends are friends... friends go to their friends' games.. this has been going on since friends were invented

josh shipp was on the laker championship bus with farmar and ariza... is that tampering? they are friends. celebrities and athletes have friends.

Someone who is invested in a team I'd say it's a possibility, does josh shipp have some ownership in the lakers? Your argument makes no sense, it is a great question in my opinion, I don't really care cause he's not coming to the warriors but I think the question is a good one.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
yes guys they really are friends..good friends at that.im sure if you were friends with a very talanted and famous nba player you might want to be at his gams also.
and yes he is part owner of the nets and he would love to get james in bk...will he ??? maybe maybe not at this point its a toss up.

Mane
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
"I Rock ho's, you rock fella's." - Nas on Gay-Z

BUCSFORLIFE123
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
J-Z????

Its JAY-Z....

shaq is like 36

Jetsguy
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM

He's not a biter he's a writer for himself and others. He says a big verse he's only bigging up his brother, bigging up his burrough he's big enough to do it he's that thorough plus he knows his own flow is foolish :p

D-Leethal
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
"I Rock ho's, you rock fella's." - Nas on Gay-Z

terrible line from a sorry diss, reminds me of 4th grade lunchtable dissing. Jay///////////////////Nas. To quote max kellerman 'jay-z systematically disected everything wrong with Nas' career (in Takeover), Nas was throwing darts at a board and hoping something would stick (in Ether)"

Lebron and Jay are both celebrities at the top of their respective games, they become friends through celebrity events that people like us will never attend. It happens all THE TIME. Michael Jordan was just seen hanging out with Justin Timberlake at Bethpage Black (Where the US Open was just held) a few weeks ago

prodigy
06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
gay-Z I like that.

Gay-Z gives lebron whatever he wants. He should say '' hey you come here ill put you in a video'' and what not. But whats the point in going their now? lebron already owns gay-Z. Their already friends. No point.

But whatever. NY better hope they can steal him, because cavs got money to. and bosh is on their radar.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
wow Jay-Z is gay huh. Well, one day, I hope to reach his level and get with model like Beyonce.

Anyways, its tough to really see if theres anything going on here in terms of brining Lebron to BK. I definetly think theres a chance LeBron decides to go to Brooklyn, whenever they move there.

prodigy
06-30-2009, 05:42 PM
wow Jay-Z is gay huh. Well, one day, I hope to reach his level and get with model like Beyonce.

I still dont know how that happened. gay-Z is sam cassel ugly. Money talks I guess.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Gay thread. This should be on Entertainment Tonight or TMZ.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I still dont know how that happened. gay-Z is sam cassel ugly. Money talks I guess.

money screams, not just talks.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Nobody is as ugly as Sam Cassel!

Giaps
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm from Brooklyn and I'm hating the idea of the Brooklyn Nets. At least change the name...

Pierzynski4Prez
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Lebron is not going to risk his entire NBA legacy for him playing on a team that Jay-Z partially owns. Friends, butt-buddies, blood brothers, don't matter. Lebron is going to a team that is going to win multiple titles, end of story.

If his best chance is in NJ, then so be it, but he's not going because Jay-Z can sit courtside and watch him.

TEJ
06-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Worst thread ever, are NBA players not allowed to have friends now?

CELTICS4LYFE
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey I understand I just don't understand how people can say he is the best when in many cases he is not original, if it was 2 or 3 times that is not a big deal but "greatest" that is a problem with me. Not saying you said he is just others in this thread. Just one last thing, kanye said he liked coldplay and did a track with them then Jay-Z did a track with them he is just one of the least original people that gets respect like no other.

And just on a side not I hate Ciara and Hip hop without lyrics just plains sucks (solja Boy) so don't think I am a fan or that garbage.

dont get me started on him!! lol i saw him in concert(fabolous was there, thats who i paid ta c) n he sucked!!! they had tech. difficulties n he was jus on stage talking **** like" man if we was in atl this wouldnt happen blah blah blah" n since there was a bunch of lil kids there he said ***** once n they all cheered so he said it like every other word for the next ten min lol he was tryna act hard n ****.....his beats r good he should jus stick to that

CELTICS4LYFE
07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
also for the record nas is better than jayz, he got destroyed on ether