PDA

View Full Version : Tim Lincecum or Jose Reyes?

Lincecum4CY
06-30-2009, 12:59 AM
I know this is a weird comparison, but i read something utterly shocking and wanted to know what other people thought.

Who would you rather have on your team/ Who is better.
Jose Reyes or Tim Lincecum?

I know they are COMPLETELY different players, but please just vote who you think is better or who you would rather have on your team.
To keep this fair, Mets and Giants fans please do not vote.

FORGOT TO MAKE IT A POLL. If anyone has the ability, please change it to a poll.

ShinobiNYC
06-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Reyes. An everyday player especially of that caliber is always better than ANY pitcher.

Rylinkus
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
It's very close to me. I'd probably go with Reyes based on a slightly longer track record and concerns about Lincecum's throwing motion.

VenezuelanMet
06-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Why bring up this? I swear, trash talking Reyes seems like a favorite pastime on this board.

And i'm a fair person, Lincecum any day of the week, over anyone not named Mauer or Pujols. if he keeps this season IMO he's entering Halladay/Santana realm and surely passing them too as the best pitcher in the majors.

bartoron
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I'll take Lincecum, but Reyes is still a phenomenal shortstop.

atl_braves_fan
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Reyes - when healthy he effects every game in which he plays.

nygiants242
06-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Easily Lincecum. Are you guys high?

nymetsrule
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Why are we comparing two completely different players who effect different aspects of the game?

:pity:

Lincecum4CY
06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Why are we comparing two completely different players who effect different aspects of the game?

:pity:

Its for some other argument i saw somewhere else...just wanted to see what others thought.

nymetsrule
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Its for some other argument i saw somewhere else...just wanted to see what others thought.

Well, I would take a top shortstop over a top pitcher any day, just because he will bring more to the team. But still...a pointless comparison.

Sport
06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I actually find Jose Reyes to be quite overrated, so I'll take Tim Lincecum with this.

I don't care if he only pitches every 5 days, the guy is a freak.

nymetsrule
06-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I actually find Jose Reyes to be quite overrated, so I'll take Tim Lincecum with this.

I don't care if he only pitches every 5 days, the guy is a freak.

Please, enlighten us as to how Reyes is overrated? :confused:

Sport
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Please, enlighten us as to how Reyes is overrated? :confused:

He disappears in big games, and he has been apart of a team that has collapsed in what, 3 straight years? Yes, I know it's a team game, but he obviously lacks the leadership. He completely vanished in 2007 when the Mets fizzled towards the end of the year.

Honestly, if he played for a lower market team, he would not get as much love as he currently does.

Is he a good baseball player? Absolutely. However, he is the 3rd best SS in his division, though.

Maybe he isn't necessarily overrated in the sense that he sucks, but he gets WAY too much love for how much he actually produces and the impact he has on his team.

I'm in a Met discussion, so you can go ahead and flame me, but that's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

jetsfan89
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
He disappears in big games, and he has been apart of a team that has collapsed in what, 3 straight years? Yes, I know it's a team game, but he obviously lacks the leadership. He completely vanished in 2007 when the Mets fizzled towards the end of the year.

Honestly, if he played for a lower market team, he would not get as much love as he currently does.

Is he a good baseball player? Absolutely. However, he is the 3rd best SS in his division, though.

Maybe he isn't necessarily overrated in the sense that he sucks, but he gets WAY too much love for how much he actually produces and the impact he has on his team.

I'm in a Met discussion, so you can go ahead and flame me, but that's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

please dont tell me you think jimmy rollins is better than him?

also its 2 straight years. not 3.

as far as dissapearing in big games i can't argue with that. but well, quite honestly, he's been playing way too many games the last two years, combine that with the fact that he's a middle INF who steals 60+ bases, fatigue has gotten to him. if he does come back this year and the mets are in a playoff chase, i have a feeling he'll step up with the rest he's getting.

many people don't like him just cause he comes up with creative handshakes (even though every other team does the same thing), he's still a great SS.

As for this comparison, i wont vote cause then ill be accused of being a homer.

Sport
06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
please dont tell me you think jimmy rollins is better than him?

Overall career wise, of course. Although, Rollins has obviously had the longer career, so that's a bit unfair to Reyes.

I don't know, it's definitely debatable, but due to what Rollins has done, yes I'll take Rollins.

Lincecum4CY
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, I would take a top shortstop over a top pitcher any day, just because he will bring more to the team. But still...a pointless comparison.

No one forced you to respond, if its pointless don't open the damn thread. Your input isn't that important.

iam brett favre
07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Lincecum......!!

Sportfan
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Ace>Hitter especially one who doesnt have power

Ill take lincecum

todu82
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Tim Lincecum

Gigantes4Life
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
It's not really that close. We're looking at about a 2 win difference between the two players. Reyes is a fantastic player, but Lincecum has been the 2nd (possibly even best) best pitcher since the beginning of last year.

Kyle916
07-08-2009, 09:28 PM

One Nut Kruk
07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
I'll take the little guy......

DC82
07-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Lincecum, but not by much.

-Lavigne43-
07-09-2009, 02:29 AM
A better question would be Lincecum or Hanley Ramirez

jetsfan89
07-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Ace>Hitter especially one who doesnt have power

Ill take lincecum

15-20 HR from a leadoff hitter who isn't in his prime yet equals no power?

ok :rolleyes:

Lincecum4CY
07-09-2009, 03:04 AM
A better question would be Lincecum or Hanley Ramirez

Well i created this thread based on an arguement from a homerific mets fan sometime ago.

Reyes isn't even the top nl SS...hanley ramirez is.

jetsfan89
07-09-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't think any mets fan will disagree with that. You're kinda taking an argument a bit too far.

Saint Brian
07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd prefer an bonafide Ace. They are much harder to come by.

ILikeThePhils
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Lincecum

and Rollins is better, MVP and World Champion :D

IndiansFan337
08-11-2009, 10:33 AM
While Reyes is injured this is a bit lopsided.

nymetsrule
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
No one forced you to respond, if its pointless don't open the damn thread. Your input isn't that important.

This thread is like comparing Tiger Woods to Joe Montana...it just doesn't make sense. Both are great, so why turn this into a homerism pick?

Calm down anyways, this is an internet forum, no need to go all moody because I didn't click the box next to Lincecum. :rolleyes:

Lincecum

and Rollins is better, MVP and World Champion :D

I would take Rollins over Lincecum if I didn't have Reyes...Rollins really is a great shortstop.

northsider
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I am going with the the guy who plays in 150+ games Reyes and is a damn good SS.

Kings of Queens
08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Overall career wise, of course. Although, Rollins has obviously had the longer career, so that's a bit unfair to Reyes.

I don't know, it's definitely debatable, but due to what Rollins has done, yes I'll take Rollins.

Jimmy Rollins doesn't come close to Reyes when it comes to base running or his affect on a team...

The mets collapsed despite Reyes...

The NL East has the 3 of the best shortstops in baseball (wouldnt put Rollins above Jeter though) so its not fair to say he's not even the best in the division.

cambovenzi
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
the only SS in the division better than him is the best SS in all of baseball..

i voted reyes, but honestly if lincecum is going to pitch like this id rather have him.

nymetsrule
08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Jimmy Rollins doesn't come close to Reyes when it comes to base running or his affect on a team...

The NL East has the 3 of the best shortstops in baseball (wouldnt put Rollins above Jeter though) so its not fair to say he's not even the best in the division.

Escobar is making a name for himself now, too...don't count him out!

Dark Donnie
08-12-2009, 06:39 PM

That's simply not true. As Rollins goes so do The Phils

cambovenzi
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
That's simply not true. As Rollins goes so do The Phils

rollins has been horrible this year and the phillies are in 1st place..

Twinke Masta
08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Lincecum, and as a Mets fan, that's saying alot

Although his delivery is like a timebomb waiting to blow

TheRuckus
08-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I usually would take the position player in a comparison with a pitcher, but Lincecum is that good.

Dark Donnie
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
rollins has been horrible this year and the phillies are in 1st place..

Rollins has raised his average to 246, up from something like 205 since July 1. The Phils over that period have won something like 24 out of 37. Ask any Phils fan, when Rollins hits this team is rolling.

yanks19791024
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Tim Lincecum

lowwryda354
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Lincecum, pitching wins it

The_Mac22
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Lincecum. No doubt.