PDA

View Full Version : Stewart-Haas may add 3rd car in 2010

shonk688
06-29-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20090629/SPORTS0109/906290345/1004/SPORTS/Stewart-Haas+may+add+3rd+car+in++10

LOUDON, N.H. -- Not yet halfway through his first season as a NASCAR team owner, Tony Stewart already is thinking about expanding.
Stewart-Haas Racing is enjoying a banner season, with Stewart leading the Sprint Cup standings and teammate Ryan Newman sitting seventh. That success has Stewart entertaining the idea of adding a third car next season.

"The biggest thing is you've got to make sure you can fund it first," he said. "You can build a team, but if you don't have the money to run it, it's not going to work.
"We haven't talked to anybody at this point. (We're) just letting everybody know we're open to discussing it. It doesn't cost a dime to listen."
Among the driver candidates should Stewart decide to move forward is Brad Keselowski, 25, who is third in the Nationwide Series standings driving for Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s JR Motorsports team.
Keselowki also has made five Cup starts this year. He won in April at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway and was sixth Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Rick Hendrick, Earnhardt's Cup boss, is a partner in the JR Motorsports team and last week met with Keselowski. Among the possibilities discussed for getting Keselowski a Cup ride in 2010 were moving JR Motorsports to the Cup series or putting him in a third car at Stewart-Haas Racing, which is a satellite operation with Hendrick Motorsports and leases its engines from Hendrick.
"There's a lot of options out there," Keselowski said.
:)

MarkieMark48
06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
old news.. all signs point to that Hendrick will loan Keselowski to Stewart-Haas for a year, then he will fill Martins place in 2011, unless the rumor about Danica Patrick is true.

Driven
06-30-2009, 12:08 AM
EDIT: Nevermind

MarkieMark48
07-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Keselowski would be a great addition to S-H. If he can win with a James Finch car, the possibilities are endless with S-H. I would rather he stay there than go to Hendrick.

He is under contract with Hendrick, if he were to go to stewart-haas, it would be on loan until Martin decides to retire.

P.S. when Keselowski drives for Finch, its a 100% Hendrick car. The car that Keselowski won Talladega with, and the one for the upcoming Daytona race (im assuming they will bring the same car) was one of Mark Martins superspeedway cars.

Xx_ReDSoX_xX
07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
im really hoping to see some third car for stewart-hass because if i had to guess it would be brad keselowski because hendrick and stewart-hass are kind of merging but they are not they are sharing info so i think if they get brad it will just be another endrick dynasty coming their way....

MarkieMark48
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
They are not merging, they are two seperate organizations. They do share info... they are a technical alliance.... Tony Stewart and Gene Haas pay Rick Hendrick a X amount of money for Cars, Engines and Technical Support. Hendrick would basically give Stewart-Haas a free or greatly reduced car to field for Brad Keselowski next year if indeed that is the 3rd team.

bouchard107
07-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Martin Truex Jr. Just kinda floating a name out there

MarkieMark48
07-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Micheal Waltrip is announcing on tuesday that Truex will drive the NAPA Toyota for MWR next year

bouchard107
07-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Micheal Waltrip is announcing on tuesday that Truex will drive the NAPA Toyota for MWR next year

damn

TragicallyHip
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Harvick?

MarkieMark48
07-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Danica Patrick also visted SHR on Monday.

OC Knights #11
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Kevin Harvick fits perfectly in S-H. Richard Childress team is having a pretty terrible year all around, so i don't blame Harvick.

MarkieMark48
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I see Danica's trip to Stewart's shop as a friend thing. She was a guest of his at Phoenix last year too. She'd have to bring in a sponsor for it too happen whereas Harvick could be doing that right away with Shell/Pennzoil. If Harvick doesn't get the go ahead from RCR and Danica brings a sponsor, a scenario could be KHI becomes a satellite team of SH and Harvick drives his own cars in 2011.

I really dislike the 3 team cap in so many ways but its going to become a situation where teams become satellites just to keep sponsors and cars in the field. If your team has good enough marketing to get sponsors to field and run 6 cars go for it. I don't like seeing teams like Yates being pushed out but they obviously don't have the crew to make sponsors stay so tough luck to you. Most sponsors won't think about sponsoring you if you don't run up front and thats the problem Yates has.

Do you really think the owner of a car driven by Danica Patrick would have touble finding a company to put their name on that car? It would become a bidding war to see who get it.

False.. theres already a rumor that Shell/Pennzoil is going to Mark Martins car because Carquest/Kellogg's sponsorship runs out and Quaker State (an already associate sponsor of Hendrick cars) is owned by Shell/Pennzoil. Harvick wouldnt bring that sponsor with him.

Its a 4 team per owner cap.

MarkieMark48
07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Read the article in post #13 of this thread. It pretty much says if Harvick can get out of his deal with RCR he will bring Shell/Pennzoil along. Its more that Shell/Pennzoil doesn't want to be with RCR and would rather be with Harvick on another team or another team all together.

I mean its possible, but its two completely seperate issues. Its not like Harvick would automatically bring the sponsor with him.

read the updates

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news29a

"unlikely to let both the driver and sponsor go''

bouchard107
07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
- I don't know what it is, about RCR this year, Burton and Bowyer have had tough breaks, I would say that Burton would be really close to the top 5 in points had in not been for accidents, or that cut tire he suffered.

- Harvick and S-H would be great, I mean look at how Newman has run this year.

- The only thing that I'm worried about is that after this year that the expectations get even great for Smoke and his team and then there is set-backs. Unlikely, yes, but it's something to think about.

- Of course now that Childress is saying that Shell/Pennzoil and Kevin aren't going anywhere that seems to point to Brad being the loaner until the end of 2010.

- The thing about Kellogs/Carquest is that why wouldn't they re-new their contract on a team that is winning and a team that they've always had success with. Labonte/Busch(sort of)/Martin.

- I'm not too sure of how many years Harvick has left on his contract, it's probably been said but I don't feel like going back and looking. If it's one year left, then BK gets the job for a year, Martin retires, Brad goes to the 5, Harvick goes to whatever number that Stewart Haas drags out of the NASCAR archives.

Just a bunch of ideas I guess