PDA

View Full Version : Would the Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant Duo have succeeded?

JordansBulls
06-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Would the Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant Duo have succeeded?

Many are now saying the Blazers should have taken Durant with the #1 pick in the 2007 draft. Even if that were so, would Durant and Roy have been able to grow into the players they are now playing with one another?

Jared Bayless
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
Joel Pryzbilla

Would that duo have worked well?

Tblaze
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Oden will have more value to portland then Durant would have. Also I think Durant wouldn't have had as good of a season with portland as he can do whatever he likes in OKC.

Portland already had the most efficient offence in the league so adding another scorer wouldn't have really made a difference... Oden filled a much needed hole.

I'd still pick Oden over Durant for portland.

S-Dot
from a 2007 perspective...no because they had decent wing and it didnt seem like there would be enough shots to keep both happy, but they have both become better team players...i think it would have eventually become durants team though

Robbw241
I think so. Would be a niceee team.

cheerio
06-29-2009, 04:14 PM
its so hard to speculate

king4day
06-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I feel like both are scorers and they would be too much of the same player.

Chronz
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Flawless cohesion

mikantsass
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Dont they play the same popsition? Is Durant a SG? or SF?

mikantsass
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
*position

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Dont they play the same popsition? Is Durant a SG? or SF?

He started making the transition to SF last year, which is why Harden was drafted

Mile High Champ
06-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats a big what if, both players have able to develop into star players because they are the guy on their respected teams..

blackjack_119
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Neither is a particularly good defender. I think both players need a lock-down defender as the other wing for either to make a deep run in the playoffs. There are too many talented perimeter players in the West to have two wings that are below average defensively. Then again, it would be difficult to outscore a team that has Roy breaking down the defense and Durant nailing open shots left and right.

I think both would be good, but neither would be as good as they are/project to be, if they were playing together.

Durant is hype
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes primarily because Roy can adjust as the distributor on the team.

arkanian215
yup what other people are saying. durant might not have become the same player had he played next to all those other guys. it was better for him to get his own team and develop next to green and now westbrook and harden.

JordansBulls
Flawless cohesion

So basically you think they would have been a perfect duo?

KG2TB
06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I actually think Durant would be better. It's not all about numbers. The game would come so much easier playing in a Blazers team rather than OK. Roy would also have a lot of pressure taken off of him by having a much needed scorer in Durant. I think they would grow together perfectly after a season and that would be a ridiculously scary team.

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I actually think Durant would be better. It's not all about numbers. The game would come so much easier playing in a Blazers team rather than OK. Roy would also have a lot of pressure taken off of him by having a much needed scorer in Durant. I think they would grow together perfectly after a season and that would be a ridiculously scary team.

Who would have been the so called "franchise player" on that team?

BRICKCITYPIMP12
06-30-2009, 08:13 PM
well they went with oden bcuz they needed a center i guess.. but yea if they had drafted kevin durant that would of been crazy.

FaceDown91
06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
durant and roy=scary duo

stealth33
06-30-2009, 09:14 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that durant would be the more dominant/franchise player of the two.

JordansBulls
06-30-2009, 11:45 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that durant would be the more dominant/franchise player of the two.

But what makes you say this?

Chronz
07-01-2009, 01:03 AM
So basically you think they would have been a perfect duo?

Look at where they get their shots from.

Roy+Durant would pretty much be an enhanced version of Hedo+Shard

Its funny that they might end up playing with eachother, but could you imagine how good Portland would be if they added Rashard this year instead of Hedo.

Roy could do what he does best, and have the most prolific shooter to kick out to.

JordansBulls
07-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Look at where they get their shots from.

Roy+Durant would pretty much be an enhanced version of Hedo+Shard

Its funny that they might end up playing with eachother, but could you imagine how good Portland would be if they added Rashard this year instead of Hedo.

Roy could do what he does best, and have the most prolific shooter to kick out to.

I can certainly agree with that.