PDA

View Full Version : SI's Ranking of Team Destinations for NBA Free Agents

Red222
06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/06/29/free.agent.ranks/?eref=sircrc

JordansBulls
06-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I would think it would be harder to play in LA.

Mile High Champ
06-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Some of the rankings are plain brutal, it really depends on what free agents are you talking about. Different players are drawn to different things.

Evolution=FACT
06-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Phoenix? i doubt it.

D Roses Bulls
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
not be be biased but i would think chicago would be a little bit higher. you got this beautiful city, its a top three major market, jordan played here, were usually top three in attendance every year even when we really sucked. the food is the best and ive ive eaten all over the country. they are very much up and coming and we have derrick rose.

i couldnt believe phoenix and houston beat out orlando. not only howard and no state tax, but a beautiful city, a new arena coming soon, disney world and its florida.cant really get no better.

D Roses Bulls
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/06/29/free.agent.ranks/?eref=sircrc

i love your sig..... that is awesome

Red222
06-29-2009, 05:03 PM
i love your sig..... that is awesome

xabial
06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Ny at least 5 cmon now

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
LA bb

prash
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Toronto is the 5th largest city in N.A. We have everything a person could ask for in this city (culture, entertainment, water etc)... not to mention Toronto is one of the cleanest cities to live in.

There's no way this city should be ranked that low. Some how Cleveland is a better place to be just b/c LeBron is there?!

arkanian215
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
great. jersey at the bottom of the pit. what else is new?

Durant is hype
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
not be be biased but i would think chicago would be a little bit higher. you got this beautiful city, its a top three major market, jordan played here, were usually top three in attendance every year even when we really sucked. the food is the best and ive ive eaten all over the country. they are very much up and coming and we have derrick rose.

i couldnt believe phoenix and houston beat out orlando. not only howard and no state tax, but a beautiful city, a new arena coming soon, disney world and its florida.cant really get no better.

Yeah,Chicago should be higher.

jasondrobinson
06-29-2009, 05:35 PM
players should be grateful for whatever team drafts them or trades for them, i dont like this list nor the culture that is being promoted by letting players dictate or influence which teams they will or will not play for (rubio, minnesota or yi in milwaukee) obviously playing for certain teams would be great but regardless you are also playing in the best basketball league in the world getting millions of dollar quit being primadonnas!

ggb108
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
that list is a bunch of b.s.

for one, im sorry, this is homer like, but NY has to be higher, and we all know why

boston being in the middle? come on, that place has a ton of history and nba championships...they're at least in the top 10, especially with the team they have now

phoenix? phoenix is on the way out...im sorry. when amare and nash leave, they're record attendance levels and division championships are over...steve kerr is the worst thing that ever happened to that franchise

chicago? are u kidding me? they have to me higher. they also have to be in the top 10 just because of the strong history there and the team that they're building.

i mean some of the things he takes into account are ridicluous. night life? every single large city has night life, but all the stars are in LA and NY, but who the hell cares

if i were a player, and im trying to think like a player...i would care about fans, money, current team, coach, management, and liklihood of a championship...not b.s. like some of that stuff

i mean personally, even though portland is crappy, if they paid me, have one of the best GM's in pritchard (not a fan of mcmillan), the current team, and where they're going, i would instantly take that over playing for phoenix, even though i might play more in phoenix

i don't know, this seems so subjective, u think SI would have better writers, im sorry

fresh prince
06-29-2009, 06:14 PM
that list is a bunch of b.s.

i mean personally, even though portland is crappy, if they paid me, have one of the best GM's in pritchard (not a fan of mcmillan), the current team, and where they're going, i would instantly take that over playing for phoenix, even though i might play more in phoenix

i don't know, this seems so subjective, u think SI would have better writers, im sorry

Ur kidding right? I'm guessing you've never been to Portland?

Far from a crappy city ..you just have to know what's up..

Top 10 in the States

Tommyh1331
06-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Rasheed Wallace to the Magic I'm calling it now!!

NYYCowboys
06-29-2009, 06:22 PM
How is Houston ahead of New York?

McPeak92
06-29-2009, 06:29 PM
stupid list

heyman321
06-29-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure this is more or less from his own standpoint, well it seems like it a bit.

theimortalone
06-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Whoa! Phoenix in the top 5? :speechless:

dsonLAL24
06-29-2009, 06:47 PM
i have a feeling Artest will be a Laker :D

Lakers4ItAll
06-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Ur kidding right? I'm guessing you've never been to Portland?

Far from a crappy city ..you just have to know what's up..

Top 10 in the States

I grew up in Portland, it sucks WAY TOO MUCH RAIN!

WoodbridgeSkins
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM

Kobe hates Artest! I don't see that happening.

Lakers4ItAll
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM

If they lose Ariza or Odom I sure hope he is. I also wouldn't mind trying to get Sheed, Okur, or Gortat but thats wishfull thinking

Kyle N.
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
The idiot writers don't know a goddamn thing about Sacramento. They don't know what the **** they are talking about. Yeah there's some open fields, but Arco Arena is not surrounded by open fields. And oh yeah, the drive from the airport to the arena is the only thing that matter. It's just a city praising and bashing article like we don't know the stereotypes already. The only thing they can say about Minneapolis is that it's cold. They say free agents should go to Philly because it's a basketball town. And when is Oakland all of a sudden a marvelous place to live? What a great article huh?

Jacob K.
06-29-2009, 08:56 PM
The idiot writers don't know a goddamn thing about Sacramento. They don't know what the **** they are talking about. Yeah there's some open fields, but Arco Arena is not surrounded by open fields. And oh yeah, the drive from the airport to the arena is the only thing that matter. It's just a city praising and bashing article like we don't know the stereotypes already. The only thing they can say about Minneapolis is that it's cold. They say free agents should go to Philly because it's a basketball town. And when is Oakland all of a sudden a marvelous place to live? What a great article huh?

exactly! lol, he pretty much said only great things about toronto, but put us at 22? come on

Ripper Gein
06-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I AGREE wholeheartedly!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GSW fan
06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
everybodies home town should be higher

Jacob K.
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
everybodies home town should be higher

lol true true

dsonLAL24
06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Kobe hates Artest! I don't see that happening.

Kobe dosen't hate Artest. They respect each other as an athelete, competiting and giving everything they got to win the game. They've kown each other since they were teens. Kobe has said many times that he would love to play along side Artest.

JWO35
06-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Ben Gordon and Carlos Boozer we be wearing the Pistons Red-White-Blue this upcoming season....