PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves reject Rockets offer for Rubio

DRE'-MAC
06-29-2009, 03:30 AM
The Rockets offered Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier for Ricky Rubio and the T-Wolves rejected the trade.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2009/06/knicks-dont-have-knack-to-land.html#ixzz0JnS1WgQw&C

They must be pretty confident that hes going to play for them or theyre getting better offers.

Two players who started for a team that took the Lakers, the champions, to 7 games and they say no? I dont understand.

Do you think they should've taken this deal?

BlondeBomber41
06-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Battier makes little sense for their team. He would take minutes from Corey Brewer and isnt really the type of player that should be stuck on a bottom feeder like Minnesota.

Sport
06-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Why would we make a decision this fast? It would be foolish to trade this guy, not even a week after the draft. It isn't a foregone conclusion that this guy isn't going to come to Minnesota.

Even if we do decide to eventually deal him, it isn't going to be 4 days after the freakin' draft.

Until Rubio makes it abundantly clear that there is NO WAY that he comes to Minnesota, than I think we will look at trade offers.... but we also could wait it out for a year.

blazerman
06-29-2009, 03:41 AM
If they did at least Battier and Brooks are a big upgrade over Miller and Foye.

But if the Rockets offered that then they must have thrown that offer to a few teams like Memphis and Washington for the pick and were refused. Throw in something else Rockets and you might get er done.

Sport
06-29-2009, 03:47 AM
If they did at least Battier and Brooks are a big upgrade over Miller and Foye.
But if the Rockets offered that then they must have thrown that offer to a few teams like Memphis and Washington for the pick and were refused. Throw in something else Rockets and you might get er done.

No, they really aren't.

I was a little upset that we dealt Foye because he was becoming such a good, clutch player towards the end of the season.

Because of the team he played on, Foye gets zero respect, but Foye>Brooks, regardless of what Brooks did in the postseason.

MN Hitman
06-29-2009, 03:49 AM
I didn't like this deal.
I'm glad they rejected it.

nolin
06-29-2009, 03:50 AM
The Rockets offered Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier for Ricky Rubio and the T-Wolves rejected the trade.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2009/06/knicks-dont-have-knack-to-land.html#ixzz0JnS1WgQw&C

They must be pretty confident that hes going to play for them or theyre getting better offers.

Two players who started for a team that took the Lakers, the champions, to 7 games and they say no? I dont understand.

wolves just drafted a pg in flynn as well they dont need brooks.And its not like they would becmoe a playoff team with brooks and battier. Wolves could get more for rubio if they wait.

Beno7500
06-29-2009, 03:50 AM
rockets are greedy

FarOutIos
06-29-2009, 06:30 AM
That deal no good... the knicks will at least offer them David Lee plus a player... if I were the the T-Wolves I would ask for Lee and next years first.

FarOutIos
06-29-2009, 06:57 AM
... or here's an idea. Why doesn't Minnesota trade Rubio to the Suns for Stoudemire...

mitch91
06-29-2009, 07:24 AM
i think talent wise this is more than fair, but as a few people have said the wolves have no need for those players, though shane would be a very very good calming influence on this young team

tr3ymill3r
06-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Rockets aren't greedy, were oportunistic. Sorry twolves for not doing your homework and finding out if the guy you pick from overseas actually wants to play for you. Rubio and his dad are greedy, unless the twolves get something great in return I'd tell him to go have fun back in the euro league. Your turning down more than just the twolves, you're turning down a lifestyle, apparently he doesn't have confidence in himself to help turn around an ailing franchise. Therefore send him back where he came from. Pansy a s s!

Wizard of O's
06-29-2009, 08:14 AM
That deal no good... the knicks will at least offer them David Lee plus a player... if I were the the T-Wolves I would ask for Lee and next years first.

Battier is way better of a player than David Lee.

Regardless Rubio is not going to be a TWOLVE next season.

blackjack_119
06-29-2009, 08:18 AM

The Knicks don't have a first next year. They traded it for Eddy Curry. Plus, the last thing Minnesota needs is a third PF.

primetime10
06-29-2009, 08:38 AM

You have to be kidding. You really think shane battier is better than lee?

Here's a stat for you. David Lee had more double doubles than dwight howard last season. Battier is a pretty solid 6th man.

Regardless, i dont think its lee that goes. The knicks will ultimately offer chandler and an unconditional future first, and possibly some cash considerations. I think it may take adding either nate or a different expiring contract like eddy curry to get it done.

Lakerfan8032
06-29-2009, 08:38 AM
This is all based on Rubio's potential, which is lauded as being very promising. Brooks as of now is an average point guard at best and Battier is an excellent role player who offensively lives off what better players create for him. So as promising as Rubio could be than I would not even consider that trade if I was Minnesota. Nice try on Houston's part, though.

1st to 3rd
06-29-2009, 08:41 AM
A deal with the Knicks like Lee + Chandler + Nate Robinson for Rubio and Love might work.

redsox4ever36
06-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I cant believe the wolves didnt accept that. Brooks looks like he could be a star, and battier is a great defensive sixth man. There's no guarantee Rubio will be good and they couldve gotten real value for him, bad move by Minny if thats true.

KnicksR4Real
06-29-2009, 09:08 AM

That trade would be perfect except for the fact that the knicks don't have a first.

I would expect the the Knicks to trade Chandler and Hughes, or Lee and/or Nate
:smoking::speechless::D:clap::cry::o:p:mad::):(:co nfused::confused:

KnicksR4Real
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
they should trade with the knicks, they can offer players better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quasimoto
06-29-2009, 09:26 AM
That Daily News Link Don't Even Work Doggy, How Do I Know This Isn't Pure Poppycock.

Quasimoto
06-29-2009, 09:33 AM
A deal with the Knicks like Lee + Chandler + Nate Robinson for Rubio and Love might work.

WTF. No. I Don't Mind If He Goes To The Knicks And I Know The NBA Would Love For Him To Be There But He Better Not Be Given To Them.

atl_braves_fan
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Looks like the Rockets are doing something smart for a change - trying to sell high on Aaron Brooks.

By the way, the Twolves need David Lee about like they need a hole in the head. Why would they want a third power forward?

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 09:48 AM

LOL,

Battier and Brooks will beat whatever NY can offer....

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
they should trade with the knicks, they can offer players better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah? What PLayers??? Do you guys have any decent players besides Lee????

king4day
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Brooks is good but I can't see him being as pure a PG as Rubio could become.
Battier is more a throw in despite his talent.

pebloemer
06-29-2009, 09:53 AM

You have to be kidding. You really think shane battier is better than lee?

Here's a stat for you. David Lee had more double doubles than dwight howard last season. Battier is a pretty solid 6th man.

Regardless, i dont think its lee that goes. The knicks will ultimately offer chandler and an unconditional future first, and possibly some cash considerations. I think it may take adding either nate or a different expiring contract like eddy curry to get it done.

Are we really comparing two players who play completely different positions, have completely different skill sets and play in completely different offensive and defensive systems? I think you are both taking leaps on this one.

tr3ymill3r
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
He's a homer, but battier brings the intangibles to win, for some teams battier would be a better fit, but for the twolves they should definately consider a lee deal. Personally I don't want rubio on the rox, if he's going to ***** out cuz he doesn't like who drafted him, F him!

masalex1205
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
low ball offer

masalex1205
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
New York would have to offer Chandler IMO

atl_braves_fan
06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Personally I don't want rubio on the rox, if he's going to ***** out cuz he doesn't like who drafted him, F him!

Ever heard of Steve Francis?

cwilson21
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank God we didn't do that deal. Makes no sense at all. If we trade Rubio it's to get a SG, SF, or C that has a LONG future in the NBA. Brooks is another tiny PG which is what we don't need since we drafted Flynn and have Telfair. Battier is a good 6th man for a team looking to compete, not planning their future 2-3 years down the road. Do the Rockets think the Wolves are that stupid?

Manos
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
As a Rockets fan, I'm not overly keen on that trade either. Rubio has the tools to be a nice player, but he could easily be a bust. There's a reason he fell to 5th and the Wolves drafted the same position again on the very next pick. Battier and Brooks are known, tested players. Rubio just has potential. Currently, Rockets need a wing scorer, IMO, to replace McGrady. Why gamble with two starters on a potential Eurobust when he's not what your team is missing in the first place?

WSU Tony
06-29-2009, 11:31 AM
These trade scinarios just go to show the rest of the league is out of touch with Minnesota's team.

We are young. We need young stars. Why trade an upcoming young star for 2 old guys who won't help us when we come into our own 2-3 years from now?

Why do teams think they can offer depth for star players? You would be laughing if the Wolves offered Foye, Miller, and Gomes for Wade a few weeks ago.

stevefrancis
06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
battier is probably the most underrated player in the league. after seeing how he guarded kobe this year teams should be offering all-stars for him. look at orlando didn't win because they had no wing defender to guard kobe. same with denver. watch trevor ariza get around 8 million because of his defense.

xHTOWN713x
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Ricky Rubio is all hype. dudes gonna end up like darko. overrated little *****. do you think Blake Griffin wanted to go to the clippers? hell no. but he isn't cryin about it and having his dad talk to the media. **** Rubio. i'm glad minnesota refused they're turds..."bottom feeders"

Phat Pat 94
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
well i think battier's better too, for this team.

Lee would just add more of a logjam at PF.

WSU Tony
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
All hail the knicks, right Htown? Those Knicks are a top of the line organization.... :laugh:

Phat Pat 94
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
These trade scinarios just go to show the rest of the league is out of touch with Minnesota's team.

We are young. We need young stars. Why trade an upcoming young star for 2 old guys who won't help us when we come into our own 2-3 years from now?

Why do teams think they can offer depth for star players? You would be laughing if the Wolves offered Foye, Miller, and Gomes for Wade a few weeks ago.

Im totally behind you, but brooks is young, and Battier is kinda old tho.

Oefarmy2005
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
If the Knicks love Rubio that much, the'll offer Chandler and a 1st or Hill, and I don't think Khan will take anything less. I am sick of the little brat personally, and I really really wish the Kings would have taken him and we were talking about Evans and Flynn right now, but that didn't happen. I hope he goes back to Europe, and then his rights get traded for a star a couple of years down the road.

Hustla23
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
LOL Wow what a horrible offer by the Rockets.

If they pulled that off Minnesota should be calling for McHale back :laugh:

Hustla23
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I think you guys are failing to see that Rubio has most of the leverage here.

If he doesn't get to play with the team he wants, he'll just skip off to Europe where they have tons of cash.

It doesn't matter what trade offers Minnesota gets, if Rubio doesn't want to play there it doesn't matter. OKC could offer Durant and Westbrook but if Rubio doesn't want to play in OKC, then it's useless.

Personally, if I was Rubio I'd just serve my 3 years and then sign somewhere else.

sep11ie
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Morey is better than that. I do not believe that trade was offered.

Knicks Faithful
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
They'd want an expiring not someone who has 2 years left on his deal, and he'd take playing time away from youth, he should only be on a Championship Caliber Team.

Aaron Brooks <- Ricky Rubio [Right Now]
Aaron Brooks -> Ricky Rubio [Potential]

No Go.

Kyben36
06-29-2009, 02:25 PM
No, Rubio has the potential to be the best PG in the league. Keep him.

boeknows
06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Thats a horrible trade.

blah-blah
06-29-2009, 11:46 PM

rubios just gona be a bust im glad they declined it good for the rockets

WSU Tony
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I think you guys are failing to see that Rubio has most of the leverage here.

If he doesn't get to play with the team he wants, he'll just skip off to Europe where they have tons of cash.

It doesn't matter what trade offers Minnesota gets, if Rubio doesn't want to play there it doesn't matter. OKC could offer Durant and Westbrook but if Rubio doesn't want to play in OKC, then it's useless.

Personally, if I was Rubio I'd just serve my 3 years and then sign somewhere else.

He will never play a minute in the NBA for the rest of his life unless he comes through the Minnesota organization first. He would either play for us or help us get top dollar in a trade involving him.

When an international player is draft the rights to that player (for any NBA playing time) go through the team which drafted him.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
06-30-2009, 12:04 AM
i mean that would be a good deal for the t-wolves.. only bcuz they getting to good players and the already have flynn im sure hes going to be a very very good pg they just hypeing up runio.
i think rubio might be a pretty good player but he is being a lil baby but not anting to play with them but hey if they want to trade him then they might as well get the best deal they can.. i think that would be a good deal but they might be able to get a better one.
even tho everyone is trying to get him i think its funny that he hasent done any thing at all in the nba yet and everyone is willing to give up an arm and a leg for him.im not a hugh knicks fan but david lee and nate robinson for rubio is too much.IMO.

WSU Tony
06-30-2009, 12:20 AM
You guys dont' know enough about the Wolves roster to make any serious trade offers. We are stacked at the PG and PF spots, don't offer us a PG/SG and a PF in a trade.....

Hustla23
06-30-2009, 12:21 AM
He will never play a minute in the NBA for the rest of his life unless he comes through the Minnesota organization first. He would either play for us or help us get top dollar in a trade involving him.

When an international player is draft the rights to that player (for any NBA playing time) go through the team which drafted him.

Uhhhh... yeah that's what I said.

He should play up his rookie contract there and move on if he doesn't like it.

WSU Tony
06-30-2009, 12:37 AM
I thought you were talking about his current contract with his European team, sorry for the confusion.

nolin
06-30-2009, 12:39 AM
battier is probably the most underrated player in the league. after seeing how he guarded kobe this year teams should be offering all-stars for him. look at orlando didn't win because they had no wing defender to guard kobe. same with denver. watch trevor ariza get around 8 million because of his defense.

Same with the rockets. they obviously didnt have enough wing players to guard kobe either.

jmastert
06-30-2009, 01:41 AM
its a far trade but battier isnt anyhting special for the future. and he wont help a crap team win more games. They should keep rubio until they get a great offer. just trade him to the knicks or else hes gunna be playing ball in europe AGAIN

Ansy
06-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Houston is one of the better front offices in the league; if they're willing to give up 2 key pieces of their team to get him, then he's a better prospect than I realized.