PDA

View Full Version : Lakers want Kidd?

Vijay248
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2009/06/heres_the_call_foul_on_struggl.html

That website looks somewhat legit. As a Laker fan, i hope we dont sign kidd because there would be no way that the lakers sign kidd,brown,odom, and ariza. At this point i just want the lakers to have the same roster as last year. Vujacic will comeback and start making shots again, i think he was off this year cause he might have hit the weights and maybe ruined his shot. Farmar is just a little inconsistent.

Fisher/Brown/Farmar
Kobe/Vujacic
Ariza/Odom/Morrison
Pau//Elonu/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

Yea i put elonu for fun. But I really dont want Lakers to change that. That lineup beats any other lineup. Lakers better not sign kidd, i dont see them getting better with him.

ko8e24
06-29-2009, 12:47 AM
calm down, just wait for july 8th, and then we'll really get a feel for what is true and what is not. but for now, stop riling up other people and chill.

and this is to all ur psd nba fans out there, relax ur brains, after expending our brain power on an 8th month oddessey that is called the nba regular season/post season, i think us fans too need to give it a rest in terms of speculating of who goes where and what not. when the time for free agents to declare their status and when the moratorium period ends, then its worth talking about if player x will go to team y etc. etc.

GiantMetKnick
06-29-2009, 01:05 AM
That lineup may not be able to win next year (the same lineup as last year I mean). The other contenders have improved (Magic is one), and the Rockets should be healthy. Also, the Celts will be back in full force. Fisher is another year older, and not that good. Kidd, despite his age, is a good rebounding PG and excellent passer. I think it would be wise for the Lakers to look into this.

Bones10564
06-29-2009, 01:15 AM
I just have three questions. Can he play quality defense? Can he hit the open shot in the triangle? Will he take the veteran minimum? If Mitch & Phil think so then sign him up...

#1Mavericksfan
06-29-2009, 01:19 AM
I just have three questions. Can he play quality defense? Can he hit the open shot in the triangle? Will he take the veteran minimum? If Mitch & Phil think so then sign him up...

Kidd whon't take a huge pay cute like that when the Cavs, Magic and Celtics could offer him more money and a chance at a title....Jason Kidd has become a "ring chaser" now.:pity:

zambo4president
06-29-2009, 01:20 AM
If you sign Kidd you surely lose Ariza or Odom, i think you guys would be ok if you took Odom and Kidd and let Ariza walk.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 01:22 AM
he would be a great upgrade at the PG, he can share min with Big Shot II

Farmer will be gone soon, probably trade him for $$$...

TheHoopsProphet
06-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Nooooo!!! Keep that wife-beating prick off our team! I'm sick of over-the-hill-players trying to ride on championship teams' backs to get themselves a ring.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Kidd whon't take a huge pay cute like that when the Cavs, Magic and Celtics could offer him more money and a chance at a title....Jason Kidd has become a "ring chaser" now.:pity:

And why do Clev, & Bos need him??? They both have AllStar PGs????

And Orl too ??? Come on they got no $$$ left...

Laker fan n met
06-29-2009, 01:32 AM
i rather have them trade bynum for amare.....and let odom go

bogdanrom
06-29-2009, 01:42 AM
This is very interesting, but I do want Kidd do get a title. He deserves it.

Vijay248
06-29-2009, 01:43 AM
That lineup may not be able to win next year (the same lineup as last year I mean). The other contenders have improved (Magic is one), and the Rockets should be healthy. Also, the Celts will be back in full force. Fisher is another year older, and not that good. Kidd, despite his age, is a good rebounding PG and excellent passer. I think it would be wise for the Lakers to look into this.

so far trading Turkoglu, lee, and gortat, and alston for vc and perhaps rasheed wallace is improving? i dont think it is but thats just me.

superkegger
06-29-2009, 01:58 AM
thing is, we don't need him. he'd be nice to have, if we don't relinquish odom or ariza, but we don't need him. Cavs added Shaq, Magic added Vince, but lost hedo. If we bring back Odom and Ariza, we also will add a healthy bynum, so we'll be fine. Don't worry about this stuff.

Storch
06-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Outside of signing Ariza, Odom, and Brown the lakers arent in dire need for more players. Mitch had already made it known that he's satisfied with 13 players. But Kidd would be a nice add if he takes vet minimum.

Shortys4711
06-29-2009, 02:31 AM
i rather have them trade bynum for amare.....and let odom go

LMAO yeah ok and in that deal lets trade J rich for Kobe,

Hellcrooner
06-29-2009, 02:45 AM

But Lakers offer him something NONE of them Can.

CALIFORNIA

Theanswer76
06-29-2009, 03:04 AM
calm down, just wait for july 8th, and then we'll really get a feel for what is true and what is not. but for now, stop riling up other people and chill.

and this is to all ur psd nba fans out there, relax ur brains, after expending our brain power on an 8th month oddessey that is called the nba regular season/post season, i think us fans too need to give it a rest in terms of speculating of who goes where and what not. when the time for free agents to declare their status and when the moratorium period ends, then its worth talking about if player x will go to team y etc. etc.

haha EXACTLY people put your pants back on, its not that far away.

yanks 4lif3
06-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Well, if the Lakers want to kill the team's chemistry, then sign away.

ZebraCity916
06-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Well, if the Lakers want to kill the team's chemistry, then sign away.

Yup. I see him going to Cleveland since they just got Shaq.

Young2Kinsler
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM

CALIFORNIA

Kidds been known as a New York kinda guy, but I see what you are saying. I'm thinking more and more Kidd will be gone, and I hope it's a sign and trade. The Knicks are said to be interested, maybe a sign and trade for David Lee. As for LA, maybe a double swap of sign and trades, Kidd for Ariza? Who knows, but I don't see Kidd in Dallas, and it kinda makes me happy. Not that I don't love Kidd, and he's still great, but it may force our front office into what we need... CHANGE

KnicksR4Real
06-29-2009, 10:58 AM
now way, they have derek fisher already!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::smoking::smoking::cry :

SiteWolf
06-29-2009, 11:48 AM

Yup, the chance to NOT get a ring on a team built just for that purpose for 1 year......he's had that before, but this time it'd be on a team thinking they can repeat.

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Jason Kidd is dating my Uncle's ex-step daughter, Porschela Coleman

Random right? My uncle was with Porsch's mom for 15 years.. literally so Porsch grow up.. went with her to California when she won the "star search" Cali..

Then she got money hungry! Started dating Russell Simmons while working with his ex wife, Kimora!

Now she's with Jason Kidd...

Btw.. Also met jason kidd a couple of years back at Byron scott's house... dude's a chill guy; got my mavericks rookie uni signed by him.

JordansBulls
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Kidd in LA.

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Golden State Warriors make that trade for Amare...

They acquire Amare from Suns in exchange for Biedrins, Wright, Bellinelli, and most likely.. replacing the deal for Stephen Curry.. SF/SG K. Azubuike.

Then trade Corey Magette to Dallas for Jerry Stackhouse

Then buyout Stackhouse contract(7mill.. 2mill buyout).. 5mill saved..

Thennn..... Golden State signs local native.. went to the University of California.. Jason Kidd.

Lineup:

C: Amare Stouadmire/Ronny Turiaf
PF: Anthony Randolph
SF: Stephen Jackson
SG: Monta Ellis/Stephen Curry*/Anthony Morrow
PG: Jason Kidd/Speedy Claxton/ A.C. Law

Nice young lineup with a prooven vet in Kidd.. I can see a possible 6th-7th seed.

lowdown32
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2009/06/heres_the_call_foul_on_struggl.html

That website looks somewhat legit. As a Laker fan, i hope we dont sign kidd because there would be no way that the lakers sign kidd,brown,odom, and ariza. At this point i just want the lakers to have the same roster as last year. Vujacic will comeback and start making shots again, i think he was off this year cause he might have hit the weights and maybe ruined his shot. Farmar is just a little inconsistent.

Fisher/Brown/Farmar
Kobe/Vujacic
Ariza/Odom/Morrison
Pau//Elonu/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

Yea i put elonu for fun.

See someone missing? Here is a hint:puke:

artest_kobe
06-29-2009, 07:07 PM
the lakers have nothing to worry about except for signing odom and ariza... no team has a chance to take them out next year. but some how we need to add ron artest and the last time i checked, dynasty is spelled R-O-N

Ansy
06-29-2009, 07:46 PM

CALIFORNIA

Whoa, they're willing to give him the whole state of California just to play basketball?

thedfactor
06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't see Kidd ending up in a Lakers uniform. Had the Lakers lost in the Finals then maybe they would be seeking Kidd as the last missing part. However that's not the case and they can win without JKidd so they'll let it slide unless Kidd wants to join for bargain money. Thats not going to happen. So no worries for LA fans.

Lakers4ItAll
06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Lakers win when they have a good shooting PG Kidd would be a terrible fit.

I think they should go after Brevon Knight

JJ_JKidd
06-29-2009, 09:03 PM

Fisher/Brown/Farmar
Kobe/Vujacic
Ariza/Odom/Morrison
Pau//Elonu/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

Yea i put elonu for fun. But I really dont want Lakers to change that. That lineup beats any other lineup. Lakers better not sign kidd, i dont see them getting better with him.

They will not get better with Kidd. They are not getting better because the Lakers are the best in basketball right now!!!

Kidd should accept less money and go to Cleveland. Mo moves to the 2 spot, MFn Delontes a bust!

agnine
06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
If you sign Kidd you surely lose Ariza or Odom, i think you guys would be ok if you took Odom and Kidd and let Ariza walk.

no. get all three at call it a mini dynasty. lose Ariza or Odom, and chances of reaching finals get smaller. Odom may not be consistant with his scoring, but 10 RPG is not an east stat to replace. Ariza allows LA's best player to focus on offense and playmaking by defending the oppositions best wing, cuts hard to the basket and can make spot up 3's, with increasing accuracy. that is a player EVERYONE wants on their team. Lakers need to keep their free agents to repeat, if Kidd wants to sign for food stamps and pack of now and laters, christmas came early, but sign Odom and Ariza.