PDA

View Full Version : Would You Trade Rubio For Ray Allen?

OldSchoolViking
06-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Instead of all of the Rubio to New York trade rumors…how about this trade?

Minnesota Gets: Ray Allen, Boston’s Next Year’s First Pick, Next Year's Second Round

Boston Gets: Ricky Rubio, Craig Smith, and Ryan Gomes

Minnesota gets another guy who can space the floor and score, and the number #1, #2 picks next year to package and get Cole Aldrich; and Boston gets the point guard that could spark the Eastern Conference race.

I don’t know how the salaries would work out but just wanted to explore other options other than Rubio to New York.

Minnesota Timberwolves 2009-2010 Depth Chart:
PG: Flynn/Telfair/Ollie
SG: Allen/Ellington
SF: Brewer/re-sign Carney/Williams
PF: Love/Jefferson/Thomas
C: Jefferson/Cardinal/Thomas/Songaila/(2010 Draft: Min#1, Bos #1, Bos #2 picks for Cole Aldrich in 2010)

Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Depth Chart:
PG: Rondo/Rubio
SG: Gomes (to go big), House
SF: Pierce, Powe
PF: Garnett, Davis, Smith
C: Perkins, Moore

PapelbonLester
06-28-2009, 10:24 PM
bostons gettin ****d over but if they threw in rashard mccants maybe. Rubio has proved nothing in the NBA besides hes a ***** for not playin for the team that drafted him

bostncelts34
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
gomes as our sg? omg. hellllll no. lol

Minny would be stupid to do this lol, trading rubio for an aging sg and a late first round pick.

Ray Allen + Davis(sign n trade) + future pick

for

Rubio/gomes/smith

sounds more reasonable..but i still woluldnt do it if i were minny.

bostncelts34
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
gomes as our sg? omg. hellllll no. lol

Minny would be stupid to do this lol, trading rubio for an aging sg and a late first round pick.

Ray Allen + Davis(sign n trade) + future pick

for

Rubio/gomes/smith

sounds more reasonable..but i still woluldnt do it if i were minny.

cwilson21
06-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Wow. Ashamed that a Viking fan wrote this.

MN Hitman
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM
bostons gettin ****d over but if they threw in rashard mccants maybe. Rubio has proved nothing in the NBA besides hes a ***** for not playin for the team that drafted him

Rashard Mccants was already traded.
If I were the T-Wolves I wouldn't trade Rubio for Allen.

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
i wouldn't trade rubio for allen

he only has like 2 more years

he wouldn't like it thereither, he may retire if he is traded anywhere

DCSportsIsPain
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Let the Knicks have Rubio so we can all laugh at what they gave up for him.
Euro-League players are always soft and almost always one dimensional.
What is the fascination with a player who plays less than one NBA quarter per game, has no shot, plays no defense, doesn't rebound, and may not develop any further by continuing to play in Euro-Trash leagues for another season or longer?

There is no way in hell any team wanting to win now should trade away talent for media hype trash, and that includes trading a proven Ray Allen for any 2009 draft selection. As posted in another thread, if I were the TWolves, I'd be taking whatever the Knicks are dumb enough to be offering.

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 10:43 PM
never would happen only w/ nyk

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd trade both Ricky Rubio and Ray Allen for a bag of flamin' hot cheetos and some root beer.

People, I beg of you, please stop hyping this rubio kid. it's obvious he and his agent are more concerned about the endorsement/fame side of basketball and not THE GAME.

Just stop, sometimes we give so much importance to these little kids entering the league who haven't proven crap and forget about the players who are currently doing amazing things on a consistent basis or have been doing it for the last 10-15 yrs, and oddly enough (with the exception of kobe, wade, lebron), we throw them to the side of the room like a pile of dirty laundry after buying some new clothes to put on the closet hanger and forget to pick up the previous clothes we cherished (aka, give appreciation, or at the very least, give some importance to the guys we have now who have proven stuff)

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I would just to get rid of Rubio. He whines like a *****! It's too cold in Minnesota. My mom wouldn't like it.

KB24PG16
06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
gomes at sg hahah

dre1990
06-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Bad trade for both teams

AIsixersFK
06-28-2009, 10:54 PM
uh.....so boston would be trading their all-star shooting guard for a backup point guard? sounds like a great deal to me! no................

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 10:58 PM
uh.....so boston would be trading their all-star shooting guard for a backup point guard? sounds like a great deal to me! no................

No, Boston would be trading a huge contract for a young PG. Then they could trade Rondo like Ainge has been trying to do.

AIsixersFK
06-28-2009, 11:06 PM
No, Boston would be trading a huge contract for a young PG. Then they could trade Rondo like Ainge has been trying to do.

Ok....

1) I don't see why they are trying to trade rondo in the first place.....he was the ancor to their championship run and he is sick now

2 Why trade for a project pg that's going to take 2-3 years to fully develop? They have about 2-3 years left to fully win again with Pierce and Garnett aging. I don't get it. It's dumb.

pebloemer
06-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Instead of all of the Rubio to New York trade rumors…how about this trade?

Minnesota Gets: Ray Allen, Boston’s Next Year’s First Pick, Next Year's Second Round

Boston Gets: Ricky Rubio, Craig Smith, and Ryan Gomes

Minnesota gets another guy who can space the floor and score, and the number #1, #2 picks next year to package and get Cole Aldrich; and Boston gets the point guard that could spark the Eastern Conference race.

I don’t know how the salaries would work out but just wanted to explore other options other than Rubio to New York.

Minnesota Timberwolves 2009-2010 Depth Chart:
PG: Flynn/Telfair/Ollie
SG: Allen/Ellington
SF: Brewer/re-sign Carney/Williams
PF: Love/Jefferson/Thomas
C: Jefferson/Cardinal/Thomas/Songaila/(2010 Draft: Min#1, Bos #1, Bos #2 picks for Cole Aldrich in 2010)

Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Depth Chart:
PG: Rondo/Rubio
SG: Gomes (to go big), House
SF: Pierce, Powe
PF: Garnett, Davis, Smith
C: Perkins, Moore

Why would a team looking to win now look for a very young prospect to develop?

Why would a team rebuilding, look to trade a very talented young prospect for a one year rental?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Ok....

1) I don't see why they are trying to trade rondo in the first place.....he was the ancor to their championship run and he is sick now

2 Why trade for a project pg that's going to take 2-3 years to fully develop? They have about 2-3 years left to fully win again with Pierce and Garnett aging. I don't get it. It's dumb.

1.Ask Danny Ainge, not me.
2.Ask Danny Ainge, not me.

OldSchoolViking
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Isn't a trade like this what Sox and Yankees teams do? Acquire assets so the other doesn't get the asset? Why not Celtics and Knickerbockers too? :)

Come on Celtics fans...wouldn't it be cool if Rubio was so great, watching him run the point for Pierce and Garnett?

And Minnesota fans... Allen and Flynn would spread the floor like Moses and the Red Sea! You can't double team Big Al, Love, Flynn AND Allen can you?

MSG34
06-28-2009, 11:14 PM
The Wolves would definitely want some young talent in return. Allen's getting way up there in the age. I could never see them doing this trade, especially b/c Boston's draft picks aren't expected to be that high.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
this trade is no good for either side.

BkOriginalOne
06-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Bad for both teams.
The Celtics give up the best shooter in the last 10 years for a young pg (who cant shoot); what does this mean for Rondo? You can run a backourt where both guards can't shoot, that puts pressure on you're bigs, teams can help in the post a lot more.
The Celtics also get gomes (who I believe they sent away in the garnett deal)

Wolves are in even worse shape.
They give up Rubio, and Craig smith in an exchange for a pissed off Ray Allen who won't want to be there, and will leave by the end of his contract. Oh, and don't forget about those great late 1st and 2nd rounders they got. Nice compensation (sarcasm).

OldSchoolViking
06-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Finally, Ainge then has leverage with Rondo and he has an ASSET that other teams in the NBA covet!

i think the Allen and Rondo situation is a harder puzzle for Ainge to solve then figuring out how to solve a Rubio and a couple of solid role players (Gomes and Smith) puzzle; especially because he cuts off a Rubio (and NY's ticket to millions in TV rev, endorsement, jersey and ticket sales)

OldSchoolViking
06-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Bad for both teams.
The Celtics give up the best shooter in the last 10 years for a young pg (who cant shoot); what does this mean for Rondo? You can run a backourt where both guards can't shoot, that puts pressure on you're bigs, teams can help in the post a lot more.
The Celtics also get gomes (who I believe they sent away in the garnett deal)

Wolves are in even worse shape.
They give up Rubio, and Craig smith in an exchange for a pissed off Ray Allen who won't want to be there, and will leave by the end of his contract. Oh, and don't forget about those great late 1st and 2nd rounders they got. Nice compensation (sarcasm).

Timberwolves get a sharpshooter to help develop Ellington and who knows if Rubio is really that good in the NBA game? With a proven sharpshoot, Flynn can develop as a penetrating pg with a pick and roll game with Big Al and he has the ability to go to the rim and kick out to Allen. Once Allen leaves, Ellington takes his place and Minnie has $18M in salary out the door two to get a FA to go along with a Jefferson, Cole, Love, Ellington, Flynn, Brewer core group.

Boston needs to do something about the Rondo and Allen situation...i think this is a big challenge for Ainge. Why not stock an asset that he can use as leverage while he figures it out.

Sport
06-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I know the next draft is a year away so I shouldn't get so worked up, but I have seen about 5 people say that the Wolves should package picks to get Cole Aldrich... Why? We have Kevin Love, Darius Songaila, and Jefferson? Just because the kid is from Minnesota, doesn't mean we need him.

I wouldn't do this trade if I were my Wolves. Ray Allen is declining and declining fast.

plpfctn
06-28-2009, 11:33 PM
ray allen is washed up. his shooting ability has declined and he's a liability defensively. this is his last year with boston unless he takes an enormous pay cut.

OldSchoolViking
06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
I know the next draft is a year away so I shouldn't get so worked up, but I have seen about 5 people say that the Wolves should package picks to get Cole Aldrich... Why? We have Kevin Love, Darius Songaila, and Jefferson? Just because the kid is from Minnesota, doesn't mean we need him.

I wouldn't do this trade if I were my Wolves. Ray Allen is declining and declining fast.

i just think Allen's 18.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 2.8 apg will help all of the t-pups to develop without loss of scoring production on the wings. If Rubio stays in Europe anyway to "season," he's a chip for Kahn yes... But, if we don't lose scoring production this coming year and we get Allen's contract off the books next year, i think a bigger chip is a team full of young great wolves players that elite FA's want to come and play with.

Just trying to explore other options than Rubio to NYC guys...

Super.
06-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Wtf? Dont the Celtics have Rondo still?

Its like the same situation in Minny!

blazerman
06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd trade both Ricky Rubio and Ray Allen for a bag of flamin' hot cheetos and some root beer.

People, I beg of you, please stop hyping this rubio kid. it's obvious he and his agent are more concerned about the endorsement/fame side of basketball and not THE GAME.

Just stop, sometimes we give so much importance to these little kids entering the league who haven't proven crap and forget about the players who are currently doing amazing things on a consistent basis or have been doing it for the last 10-15 yrs, and oddly enough (with the exception of kobe, wade, lebron), we throw them to the side of the room like a pile of dirty laundry after buying some new clothes to put on the closet hanger and forget to pick up the previous clothes we cherished (aka, give appreciation, or at the very least, give some importance to the guys we have now who have proven stuff)

Wow, I actually agree with a Lakers fan

You're on the money with that one.

But every fan from every team should be excited when they get a guy that gives them something to dream about. It's all based on potential and the guy obviously has proved to enough scouts and GM's that he deserves where he was picked. Personally he and his agent are showing some very ugly qualities to the Wolves.

Kobe,Lebron and Wade get all the attention now anyway, they dont deserve to take the Kids thunder on his big day just because their proven though. It was Rubio's day and Minnesota's( although Rubio is *********g on minnies big day right now).

BigDaddyKaine
06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow Minny really gets the shaft on that deal lol they would have to be completely ********

MickeyMgl
06-28-2009, 11:59 PM
No.

WSU Tony
06-29-2009, 12:19 AM
I love the crap Rubio gets despite ALL of these teams trying to package 3-4 average at best players (in most trade scenarios) for Rubio.

Either people hate Rubio because they know the Wolves have him and are jealous or they try to package a load of crap to get him. I think it is funny.

WillisLovechild
06-29-2009, 12:27 AM

McCants = gone
Boston gets screwed over? Other way around buddy.

boeknows
06-29-2009, 12:29 AM
We cant even get Bostons pick this next year since we got this years from them and a team cant trade their first rounder 2 years in a row.

saucy1
06-29-2009, 12:32 AM
*** no fool no disrespect to r allen but he like 46

ryguy2k7
06-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Rubio for Allen?!

really? haha. allen is old and the wolves are going for a young team. boston has rondo anyways. dumb.

Sport
06-29-2009, 12:49 AM
*** no fool no disrespect to r allen but he like 46

And u gotz 2 b like 11, rite?

dee279
06-29-2009, 01:01 AM
maybe for Rondo but not Allen.

GiantMetKnick
06-29-2009, 01:10 AM
That makes sense... a team rebuilding (the T'Wolves) trading for an aging player on the decline.

No way. And do the Celts even have that 1st round pick to trade, or did they give it up in the KG deal?

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
lol

Sport
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
That makes sense... a team rebuilding (the T'Wolves) trading for an aging player on the decline.

No way. And do the Celts even have that 1st round pick to trade, or did they give it up in the KG deal?

A team cannot trade a 1st round pick in back to back years (I read that from someone earlier, so not sure if that's 100% true), but that would definitely put a stop in those plans.

zambo4president
06-29-2009, 01:23 AM

Talk to Sacramento about McCants.

MN Hitman
06-29-2009, 02:42 AM
I would just to get rid of Rubio. He whines like a *****! It's too cold in Minnesota. My mom wouldn't like it.

I love how he complains about the weather in Minnesota. It can get just as cold in New York.

OldSchoolViking
06-29-2009, 04:33 AM
And u gotz 2 b like 11, rite?
That's funny!

Penetra8r
06-29-2009, 05:35 AM
No way

ZebraCity916
06-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Hell nah.

DitchDat
06-29-2009, 06:42 AM
if anything, move Pierce to SG and have gomes as SF

trade is still stupid though, I don't even like Rubio. Guy is a ******

mitch91
06-29-2009, 07:32 AM
personally i just feel this is a bad move for both sides, maybe it would be fair if the wolves were getting rifd of some horrible contract and maybe it would seem better if we knew for sure that the c's were trading rondo for somebody who could possibly replace ray ray

MPScribbles
06-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Maybe when Rubio was 5. At this point, though, it sounds like a way for a GM to become unemployed.

rathauneak
06-29-2009, 08:18 AM
As a Boston fan, I'd be heated if we gave up Ray Allen for Rubio...again HEATED!!!

Hawkeye15
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
not if I were the Wolves. We aren't contending for a few more years at least, why would we want Ray Allen???

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
No...thats just disrepectful to ray allen, and the twolves dont need him

mavwar53
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
no plain and simple.

lionfire76
06-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Why do people keep making these trades that make no sense for either team, if Minnesota is going to trade Rubio it has to be for Rondo and Allen, and Boston has to get more back than just Rubio and Gomes. Why would either team leave there roster with holes to fill. Now if you had said Rondo and Allen for Rubio, Gomes, Etan Thomas, Corey Brewer, and Graig Smith maybe. But even a deal like that doesnt make much sense.

king4day
06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
T'Wolves lose out hardcore in this deal. I wouldn't do Allen for Rubio straight up. Allen is good for a team lookin for a shooter to put them over the top. Not a rebuilding team.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Simply no!

vick27m
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
no

IrespectNumber3
06-29-2009, 01:31 PM
you never trade jesus for rubio

jtchilln
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
rubio is so overated!!! c'mon, i wouldn't trade you anyone of substance on the celtics roster for him. this guy is clearly 3-4 years away from making an impact.