PDA

View Full Version : Tampa has the best record in the A.L. since April

RaysFan
06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
That is what Gammons said today. I am assuming he meant since April ended. The Rays are playing some really good baseball right now and they are getting a little bit healthier here and there. If Kazmir can get back to his old form, the rotation will be really strong. And the bullpen has been rock solid lately.

Pavelb1
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
And the Yanks have the best record since Arod came back and the Red Sox have the best record. Period.

RaysFan
06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I think Boston is a good favorite to win the East. I think Tampa is better overall than New York. I thought Boston would win the A.L. and Tampa would win the Wildcard at the start of the year.

horry1ur
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice i think you are the first Rays fan i have seen on PSD.
Last year when they were in the WS i was a bandwagon fan seeing they had no fans.

gcoll
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Evan Longoria is a giant douche bag. If they continue to play well, they will get more national exposure...and that fact will come to light.

It was an incident that happened earlier this year, that didn't get any attention.....but I saw it. Foul ball into the stands. A fan tries to catch the ball, so does Evan....he flipped out on the guy when the play wasn't made. Yelled, and cursed in a very demonstrative way.

koldjerky
06-29-2009, 01:43 AM
I wish Florida would be castrated already.

carson005
06-29-2009, 01:50 AM
And yet still in third place...

Cheezombie
06-29-2009, 02:05 AM
surprising.

Havoc Wreaker
06-29-2009, 02:20 AM
:laugh2: I called it before the season started...One Hit Wonders :p

theproof
06-29-2009, 03:09 AM
What is up with these kinda threads lately? Every time a team plays good we need a thread?

Cheezombie
06-29-2009, 03:10 AM
What is up with these kinda threads lately? Every a team plays good we need a thread?

seriously.

Havoc Wreaker
06-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Im waiting for the Phils to string 5 wins in a row to make my "Are the Phillies for real" thread out here

Matt-the-great
06-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Evan Longoria is a giant douche bag. If they continue to play well, they will get more national exposure...and that fact will come to light.

It was an incident that happened earlier this year, that didn't get any attention.....but I saw it. Foul ball into the stands. A fan tries to catch the ball, so does Evan....he flipped out on the guy when the play wasn't made. Yelled, and cursed in a very demonstrative way.

heaven forbid he care about getting an out.

cheerio
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I wish Florida would be castrated already.

lol

Pavelb1
06-29-2009, 10:44 AM

They'd be leading the National League Least by three games right now.

:clap:

Havoc Wreaker
06-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Too bad they play in the AL East, so that point....is Moot :shrug:

bartoron
06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
And the Yanks have the best record since Arod came back and the Red Sox have the best record. Period.

I was going to mention the same Yankees stat. Since May 8th (the day that A-Rod returned), the top 4 teams in the Majors have been the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and Dodgers.

SEATTLEredsox
06-29-2009, 01:51 PM

I saw that too haha.. I ****ing hate Evan Longoria. Least favorite player other than Jeter (obvious reasons, although i do respect him) and Carlos Silva (can't believe the Ms signed him to that deal two years ago :mad:)

iam brett favre
06-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Gammons has a boner whenever he hears the word "Rays"
I HATE Evan Longoria. I thought he'd be a guy that would be really cool, but he's a cocky *******.

Tragedy
06-29-2009, 02:26 PM
They'd be leading the National League Least by three games right now.

:clap:
Ouch.

Gigantes4Life
06-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Probably the biggest underachievers so far, I won't be surprised if they win the division again.

Super.
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Too bad they're still in third.

TheRuckus
06-29-2009, 05:40 PM

And I've been telling you you're wrong since before the season started. ;)

Havoc Wreaker
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
And I've been telling you you're wrong since before the season started. ;)

And we shall see :p

WtH...if I'm wrong I'm wrong it doesn't affect me in the least...I am just a non-believer in them

agoody117
06-30-2009, 07:26 AM
the red sox team has so much depth in its pitching staff and its full hitting power is starting to come together for the first time all season, so a surging rays does not scare me, their road record is 17-22 (not going to cut it) as opposed to the red sox and yankees at 22-19 / 22-18

second of all..the these recent surge has started against a struggling NL east right now...

good story, will get national attention. serious concern for red sox and yankee fans...i think not.

Pinstripe pride
06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
good for them. Once they are no longer in 3rd, I'll care.

pacofunk64
06-30-2009, 09:54 AM

R u talking about your Phils or the Rays?

MVPedroia
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Gammons has a boner whenever he hears the word "Rays"
I HATE Evan Longoria. I thought he'd be a guy that would be really cool, but he's a cocky *******.

ok first he's a Sox homer now a Rays homer? He's the most respected baseball report out there. Ironic A-Roid chose him to do the interview after the steroid stuff came out on him. Because he's so biased:rolleyes:

I noticed the Yankee forum always crys about Gammons only talking about the Sox

RaysFan
06-30-2009, 10:30 PM
the red sox team has so much depth in its pitching staff and its full hitting power is starting to come together for the first time all season, so a surging rays does not scare me, their road record is 17-22 (not going to cut it) as opposed to the red sox and yankees at 22-19 / 22-18

second of all..the these recent surge has started against a struggling NL east right now...

good story, will get national attention. serious concern for red sox and yankee fans...i think not.

Boston is playing some FANTASTIC baseball right now. They look like the best team in MLB right now. But Tampa is only 1 game behind New York. If you think the Rays aren't a serious, serious threat to NY then you are just foolish. Didn't you learn anything from last year? I am not saying Tampa will win the division but they are one 5 or so best teams in baseball.

SouthSide
07-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Im still waiting for the OFFICIAL Yankees or RED SOX will win it all thread, since apparently there the only two teams that play in the American League anymore. Theres them 2, and the bush leagues (rest of MLB)
Thanks to Eastern Seaboard Programming Network....thats all we get to watch...Yankees Red Sox...blah blah blah....damn ESPN

cubbies93
07-02-2009, 12:21 AM
back on track to be back to the playoffs. i no a little bit soon.

Pinstripe pride
07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Im still waiting for the OFFICIAL Yankees or RED SOX will win it all thread, since apparently there the only two teams that play in the American League anymore. Theres them 2, and the bush leagues (rest of MLB)
Thanks to Eastern Seaboard Programming Network....thats all we get to watch...Yankees Red Sox...blah blah blah....damn ESPN

Yes ESPN clearly hates on the rest of baseball. As a chicago fan you should be clearly upset with their blatant disregard for other teams. Clearly they only care about new york and boston.............. which is why they gave chicago thier own website on espn