PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Anybody interested in him???..he's expendable for our team..we are trying to upgrade the defense on this roster and have plenty of scoring...

We have Ellis, Jackson, Morrow, Belinelli, & Azubuike to cover the SG & SF positions on this team..

Any teams interested??

Joshtd1
06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Im sure the Spurs would have been if we didnt trade for RJ. Specially since they were really pushing to sign him last off season.

ink
06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Man, I forgot all about him. Were there ever a lot of rumours about him last off-season.

DenButsu
06-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd rather see the Nuggets steal Buike from ya. :smoking:

VCaintdead17
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
He almost signed with the Magic last offseason.

I think the Blazers would be a perfect fit for him.

A Steve Blake for Maggette swap would be wise for both teams IMO.

sacgiants1213
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
does beno udrih entice you at all?? Perhaps Nocioni?

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:09 PM
would the celtics take the contract?

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Man, I forgot all about him. Were there ever a lot of rumours about him last off-season.

^ Not really..i know the spurs wanted him pretty badly for the mid-level exception...but after the Warriors lost davis, missed out on Arenas & Brand..they panicked and signed Maggette the only other real "Big Name" free agent available....5yrs/$50Mill..killing us....he NEEDS to be dealt..i think he'd make a good back-up SF for Boston..but it all depends whether they'd want to take on that contract..they got a lot of $$$ tho so maybe they can eat the luxury tax

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
If i am GM..i am asking for absolutely nothing...just for someone to take the contract..if we have to take back something...how bout a 2nd round pick?...so yes portland and sacramento those are qualifying offers

asandhu23
06-28-2009, 09:17 PM
If i am GM..i am asking for absolutely nothing...just for someone to take the contract..if we have to take back something...how bout a 2nd round pick?...so yes portland and sacramento those are qualifying offers

thank god, you are not the GM. we have a playoff caliber team right now without any changes. hopefully riley is seeing the same thing
:box:

Anthony Flores
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
thank god, you are not the GM. we have a playoff caliber team right now without any changes. hopefully riley is seeing the same thing

On paper you guys had a playoff caliber team for 4-5 years now... if your a lottery team there NEEDS to be changes.

Kdirt
06-28-2009, 09:22 PM

Agreed, we need Maggette's toughness and his ability to get to the free throw line is often underrated. The contract sucks, but I dont sell low on him just yet.

asandhu23
06-28-2009, 09:24 PM
On paper you guys had a playoff caliber team for 4-5 years now... if your a lottery team there NEEDS to be changes.

uh. listen the changes were done. only our main player sold his soul to Satan's moped :worthy: :smoking:

ink
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
^ Not really..i know the spurs wanted him pretty badly for the mid-level exception...but after the Warriors lost davis, missed out on Arenas & Brand..they panicked and signed Maggette the only other real "Big Name" free agent available....5yrs/$50Mill..killing us....he NEEDS to be dealt..i think he'd make a good back-up SF for Boston..but it all depends whether they'd want to take on that contract..they got a lot of $$$ tho so maybe they can eat the luxury tax

We had constant rumours about him going to the Raptors. I think there were rumours in the Suns forum too. I was hoping like hell they wouldn't become reality, and relieved when they didn't.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:33 PM

Maggette's contract could cost a chance at signing Randolph and/or Morrow and/or Azubuike long-term...while maggette may help us be a playoff team he certainly doesn't help us in our strive to be a championship team...defense is completely irrelevant to maggette, that is unacceptable and he completely cuts belinelli's minutes...almost cuts all azubuike's minutes and chips into morrow's minutes...He's signed for 10 million and is an injury waiting to happen...trade him if we can.

Grim Reaper
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
The Warriors have to make a trade. They have like seven guards that are 6-6 or smaller. They need to trade some of those guards for a big man. They just got rid of Crawford for two more guards. I don't know WTF they are doing. I know Don Nelson likes to play small and fast but, you need some size. If they trade Biedrins to get Stoudemire that's losing a big to gain another big. They need to trade guards for a big. Maybe Boston can do a sign and trade with Glen Davis for Monta Ellis or something IDK.

Rylz
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
You want AK-47? He also has a bad contract, but is an upgrade defensively.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:40 PM
The Warriors have to make a trade. They have like seven guards that are 6-6 or smaller. They need to trade some of those guards for a big man. They just got rid of Crawford for two more guards. I don't know WTF they are doing. I know Don Nelson likes to play small and fast but, you need some size. If they trade Biedrins to get Stoudemire that's losing a big to gain another big. They need to trade guards for a big. Maybe Boston can do a sign and trade with Glen Davis for Monta Ellis or something IDK.

GLEN DAVIS for MONTA ELLIS!!??????????? R U SERIOUS??

Monta is a star in the making, he was simply HURT last year...i hope this is a joke....or i want to know what wild drugs u r on?????

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
You want AK-47? He also has a bad contract, but is an upgrade defensively.

no...were lookin to cut maggette to clear payroll and playing time for others...kirilenko helps neither of those efforts

asmarks18
06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
How about Stackhouse, 2 million dollars to buy him out of his contract, and a 2nd round pick for Maggette?

hockeypro68
06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah I'll trade you Zach Randolph straight up :smoking:

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
How about Stackhouse, 2 million dollars to buy him out of his contract, and a 2nd round pick for Maggette?

i think that's a great deal..i would love the two teams to work that

jehovah joe
06-28-2009, 10:26 PM
its a fact, injuries killed our season last year... we really dont know what this team is capable of... imo, i thought we we're a playoff team (8-7 seed) last year... i say we keep maggette... he's a potential 6th man of the year... he's great at getting to the line and he's got a good work ethic... we're the youngest team in the league and maggette is a good role model/veteran...

we have a ton of firepower on this team... look at all this talent:

pg.ellis/curry/watson/law
sg. jackson/morrow/marco
sf. azubuike/maggette
pf. randolph/wright/davidson
c. goose/turiaf

we need to add another big body (which i guarantee riley will do this offseason)

we have some serious talent and a desperate to win don nelson... i can see our boys having a good year this upcoming season and making the playoffs...

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-28-2009, 11:07 PM
^ good post i agree..but as far as your line-up goes..nelson has high praise for curry and expects him to play immediately...he also basically said monta is not a PG meaning it would be Curry at the 1, Monta at the 2, Jack at 3, meaning buike at the 3 backing-up, and maggette as our 3rd string SF..no need, trade him.

allvalleychamp
06-28-2009, 11:22 PM

2007 second round playoff team
2008 we had a 48 win team...the most wins to not make the playoffs
2009 Monta missed 2/3 of the season, Jackson and Maggette 1/3, Wright missed a ton of games, Randolph took 3/4 of a season to work his way into playing time
That's a lot of key players being out for a lot of the season...when healthy we will be a force

king4day
06-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Does some jarlsberg cheese sound enticing?

gswlal
06-29-2009, 12:14 AM

im not sure we are but hopefully we are!

dtmagnet
06-29-2009, 12:53 AM

I bet the Mavs would do that, they could move Howard to the 2.

Kakaroach
06-29-2009, 02:38 AM
I know us Jazz fans have been interested in him in a deal with AK-47.

OaklandsFinest
06-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Jackson, Maggette, and a conditional 1st rounder for Chris Bosh.

Raptors:
pg: Calderon
sg: Jackson
sf: Maggette
pf: Humphries
c- Bargnani

Warriors:
pg: Ellis
sg: Azabukie
sf:Randolph
pf: Bosh
C: Biedrens

Young2Kinsler
06-29-2009, 03:26 AM
I bet the Mavs would do that, they could move Howard to the 2.

I think Maggs would go to the 2, just to touch the ball more. Maggette is the type of guy Dallas needs. He can knock down the 3, and get to the FT, all while creating his own shot. I was gonna post a deal for Stackhouse, but some one beat me to it. I think this is a guy who solves alot of problems for us, but we will see what gets done.

ElMarroAfamado
06-29-2009, 03:51 AM
GLEN DAVIS for MONTA ELLIS!!??????????? R U SERIOUS??

Monta is a star in the making, he was simply HURT last year...i hope this is a joke....or i want to know what wild drugs u r on?????

i dont know whats funnier that he proposed that trade
or that he considered Glen Davis a "Big Man"

:mad:
:confused:

Vinny642
06-29-2009, 04:11 AM
want peja for him lol?

futureman
06-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Harprings expiring plus ronnie brewer

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
want peja for him lol?

he could really help new orleans if healthy

DenButsu
06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
he could really help new orleans if healthy

That's a pretty good point. That CP3 needs a legit guard option to get his back was all too evident in their series against Denver.

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
- Dallas acquires Corey Maggette from G.S in exchange for Jerry Stackhouse and 2010 2nd rd pick.

*Golden states buyout the contract of Jerry Stackhouse( Stackhouse is scheduled to make 7 mill, but 2 mill of it guaranteed). G.S makes this deal to save 5 million.

Mavericks lineup:

*- Rookies

C: Erick Dampier / Ryan Hollins
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Devean George*/ Ahmad Nivins*
SF: Corey Maggette/Shawne Williams
SG: Josh Howard/Antoine Wright/Matt Carroll
PG: Jason Terry/ Jose Juan Barea / Nick Caletheses* / Rodrigue Beaubois*