PDA

View Full Version : Trade Offer from a Wolves Fan

trevhipp7
06-28-2009, 08:49 PM
MIN gets: Jeff Green
OKC gets: Kevin Love

OKC gets a true, young power forward.
MIN gets a true, young small forward.

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Love and a center looks really good.

Carey
06-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Not a chance, im a fan of Kevin Love but thats not a fair trade, Jeff Green is a better player and will show alot of people this he's a better PF than people think, Love will be a solid double double guy for a long time but Jeff Green has all star ability

trevhipp7
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Haha, the ppl in the wolves thread r sayin the exact same thing, except for Love and against Green.

Carey
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
^We love our guys! lol im a little bias because Jeff is my favorite player in the league now

dirk206
06-28-2009, 10:05 PM
We'll it's a clash of 2 styles at the same position, a throwback back to the basket, banger PF vs. a hybrid PF (inside/outside type game PF). Both will get better but I'd still hang onto my boy Jeff Green.

Torque
06-29-2009, 02:52 AM
I think this is a fair trade on both sides. Makes sense for both teams.

Carey
06-29-2009, 09:22 AM
We'll it's a clash of 2 styles at the same position, a throwback back to the basket, banger PF vs. a hybrid PF (inside/outside type game PF). Both will get better but I'd still hang onto my boy Jeff Green.

Well said

friarfan07
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
i don't like it. love isn't athletic enough for the system we are trying to employ. he's decent, but green is better suited for our needs at forward.

trevhipp7
06-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I just see Green as a 3, and u guys have Durant there, where Love is a true 4 who can score, rebound and pass.

Sport
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
As a Wolves fan, I prefer Love.

But with al due respect to Oklahoma City fans and Jeff Green himself, I didn't see him play all that much last season. So, seeing how I seen Love play, I want to keep Love.

Sean McG
06-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I like Jeff Green's athleticism and shooting ability over Love's rebounding and inside game, in our system. Although I think Westy would love having one of his boys back from UCLA, Durant & Green have had a great relationship since their draft year, I think Durant would be pretty upset with the OKC management if Green was traded.

friarfan07
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
^ good post.

and to answer the sentiment i've read that we need a true 4, we have one. dj white. let's give him a chance. it would be one of the better stories in the nba this year, considering he had to miss his entire rookie season with a tumor in his jaw.

i hope he proves to be just what we need there.

trevhipp7
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
that would be a great story but think about this lineup.

C- Mullens
PF- Love
SF- Durant
SG- Harden
PG- Westbrook

thatmediadude
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't think Mullens will ever start for us. I like Green here. I'm also with "Sean". Durant would be fuming if we traded Green for a player equal or lesser of his caliber.. He'd be mad no matter what, but I think he'd be less mad if we traded for a Bosh/Gasol type 4.

I stay with keeping Green

friarfan07
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
^ gasol would be amazing with this team, IMO. too bad the lakers will never let him go, if they can help it and are smart.

for now, i'd hang onto green and go after camby.

PG: Westbrook
SG: Harden
SF: Green
SF/PF: Durant/White
C: Camby/Krstic/Mullens

that's actually a really nice looking lineup.

Chickenfin
06-30-2009, 02:57 PM
^ gasol would be amazing with this team, IMO. too bad the lakers will never let him go, if they can help it and are smart.

for now, i'd hang onto green and go after camby.

PG: Westbrook
SG: Harden
SF: Green
SF/PF: Durant/White
C: Camby/Krstic/Mullens

that's actually a really nice looking lineup.

Green is the PF not Durant

friarfan07
06-30-2009, 03:36 PM
^ no s**t, captain obvious. read my positions before you jump to conclusions. SF/PF: Durant/White is what i said, meaning when white is in, he'll be a PF and while durant is in, he'll be the SF. also, green is a tweener forward, not pure power forward.

Carey
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
^Yea and at 6'10'' and the fact that he's putting on weight, he'll be able to play some PF

dubh46
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
^ no s**t, captain obvious. read my positions before you jump to conclusions. SF/PF: Durant/White is what i said, meaning when white is in, he'll be a PF and while durant is in, he'll be the SF. also, green is a tweener forward, not pure power forward.

LOL-Dont you just love trolls?:laugh:

friarfan07
06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
^ lol. my favorite people in the world. :rolleyes:

but then again, going by his avatar, it's no wonder he's so eager to jump into conversations in forums of teams other than the detroit "0-16" lions. :laugh: