PDA

View Full Version : Report: Shaq claims Blazers showed interest in him last February

phlp_bj
06-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Shaquille O'Neal claims that the Trail Blazers were interested in trading for him this past February.

O'Neal says he vetoed a trade to Portland in a conversation with Suns general manager Steve Kerr.

"During the middle of the season, Steve said Portland was interested," said O'Neal. "He said was I interested in going to Portland? I told him no, so he stopped that."

However, Portland is denying O'Neal's claims.

"Why would we when we've got Greg (Oden) developing and we've already got (Joel) Przybilla?" said a Blazers official. "If were in go-for-it mode, maybe we would be more interested."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/06/27/shaq.trail.blazers/index.html

dtmagnet
06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Sounds like they were in "go-for-it-mode."

blazerman
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I never ever heard anthing about Shaq "taste Kobe's ars" Oneil.

Amare was mentioned in February alot but not Shaq. Nash has been mentioned a lot since the season ended but still no Shaq.

I guess it could have been possible that the Suns asked Portland if we would take Shaq for Lafrentz and Frye's expiring contract's after the Shaq to Cleveland deal fell through!

The most logical though is...
Knowing Portland wasnt gonna part with Aldridge and Lafrentz's exp for Amare and the Cleveland deal wasnt happening for Shaq, then Steve Kerr approached Shaq with the idea of sending him to Portland(with the idea Portland would take him to start and help Oden) for Przybilla and Lafrentz' expiring contract but because he needed Shaq's approval to get a deal done he had to ask Shaq first and Shaq said he wasnt interested and Kerr never even got to throw the deal at Portland.

Portland and Cleveland both had large expiring contracts and the Suns knew they were'nt going anywhere and Kerr and Sarver wanted to get out from under a huge contract like Shaq's and save a few bucks.

In the end they gave him away for nothing anyway!

ManRam
06-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Kerr asked if he was interested in going to Portland, he said no. That's not nixing a trade...considering no trade was ever on the table. "Interest" doesn't imply trade. 2/3s of the NBA teams are interested in Ricky Rubio, does that mean a trade is on the table...NO.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Shaq also said he wants to be a cop, a rapper, a radio dj, a US marshal, an actor, a sports commentator, an MMA fighter. I can go on all day.

yanks 4lif3
06-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Shut up Shaq, just shut up. You can't even speak the English language correctly. The Big Stupid.

plpfctn
06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
i guess shaq hates portland b/c blazer fans were cruel to him during the intense battles he had when he was with the lakers. not so much with phoenix during his lakers days b/c the suns were awful.

blacknell
06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
y would he lie

blazerman
06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
y would he lie

I dont think he lied, I think Kerr wanted his approval first and Shaq balked at the idea so Kerr never approached the Blazers with the idea.

It was all about the Expiring contract and Shaq's big contract and the fact the Suns were'nt going anywhere.

Cleveland and Portland both had big expiring contracts and Kerr probably figured he could sell the Blazers on the idea of Shaq helping Oden but talks never made it to the Blazers because Shaq didnt approve.

That's the way I can see it going down. I sat right next to Kerr at the Suns/Bobcats preseason game and I talked to him a bit and I could see he didnt know what to expect with the Suns. I even jokingly tried to broker a Nash deal but he wanted to much in return :)

jackyyy
06-28-2009, 11:41 PM
hes an attention whore thats why

yanks 4lif3
06-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Seriously nobody cares about about what could've happened. Shaq is over-the-hill and won't even help Cleveland make the Finals.

blazerman
06-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Seriously nobody cares about about what could've happened. Shaq is over-the-hill and won't even help Cleveland make the Finals.

I dont think so either. If healthy Boston will want to redeem themselves and Howard wont soon forget that Shaq dissed him about the Superman thing.

Geez how many names does Shaq have to go by Superman( he cries around about Howard taking the Superman nickname, well last time I checked he wasnt the main character in the movie either, so he should be criticised for trying to act like he's the original Superman. what a punk) so we have Superman, Big Daddy, the Deisel and the big cactus.

So glad he's not a Blazer!

LakersIn5
06-29-2009, 08:31 AM
kobe is the only player who has a no trade clause. so kerr is a ***** for even asking oneals permision lol

stawka
06-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Shaq also said he wants to be a cop, a rapper, a radio dj, a US marshal, an actor, a sports commentator, an MMA fighter. I can go on all day.

He is a cop, a rapper, once was a DJ, and actor, will be a sports commentator and will fight in the MMA one day. You = FAIL!

Cromedome
06-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Shut up Shaq, just shut up. You can't even speak the English language correctly. The Big Stupid.

He can't speak the english language correctly? Really?

Tblaze
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm glad it wasn't even considered for real. Cause it wouldn't have helped us.

I love shaq, but not on my team ;)

J-Relo
06-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Oh you showed how smart you are... :clap:

yanks 4lif3
06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh you showed how smart you are... :clap:

And this thread wreaks of sarcasm.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
He is a cop, a rapper, once was a DJ, and actor, will be a sports commentator and will fight in the MMA one day. You = FAIL!

Shaq was an honorary cop, a unsucessful rapper and actor, and he will never be a sports commentator because you can't even understand him. He won't fight in the MMA because he has too much pride and wouldn't want to risk losing. I failed huh? Maybe I should ask you this question since you're on his nuts. How does his *** taste?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-29-2009, 07:09 PM
SHAQ=FAIL at everything except bball.

Cromedome
06-29-2009, 07:25 PM
You can't stop the reign was a pretty decent song and as far as not understanding him..you watch too many comedy shows.

I agree, YOU = fail

WoodbridgeSkins
06-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for your opinion baldy.

Kabowdos
06-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Shaq is becoming worse than TO.

Anyone agree?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
YES! He is getting older and doesn't know how to accept it. Him being ignorant is the only way he knows how to express it.