PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick to.....

MarkieMark48
06-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Danica Patrick to Hendrick? Dale Jr. to..... If Danica Patrick does jump from the Indy Racing League to NASCAR, as increasingly appears likely, the battle for her, according to sources close to the negotiations, is down to car owners Rick Hendrick, of Chevrolet, and Jack Roush, of Ford. According to these sources, Hendrick and General Motors' Chevrolet division are now suddenly the heavy favorites to sign Patrick. And the key would apparently be Hendrick's willingness to put her in a Sprint Cup ride for the full 2010 season. Roush has said he would like to see her run some NASCAR Nationwide and/or Truck events, along with six or seven Cup events, to get her accustomed to stock car racing. Hendrick reportedly is willing to go further. Patrick might take Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s spot on Hendrick's official four-team Cup roster, with Earnhardt moving to an expanded JR Motorsports operation. JR Motorsports, Earnhardt's own operation, run in partnership with Hendrick, would thus be stepping up to a full Cup program; Hendrick has already been talking with Talladega winner Brad Keselowski about Keselowski's future in NASCAR, with indications he could get a Cup ride with an expanded JR Motorsports venture, with Hendrick engines and Hendrick engineering. It is not clear how far along any Patrick-IMG-Hendrick negotiations have gone, but sources tell mikemulhern.net that the Patrick-Hendrick deal is very close to being a 'done deal.'(Mikemulhern.net)(6-28-2009) Comment here

-Jayski

That just made my day... I honestly couldn't care less who wins the race today

griff141
06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Like any open wheel driver coming into NASCAR and driving a 3500lb stock car, she will struggle at first and have some growing pains. In the end, I believe she can be successful in NASCAR, especially with a top tier team like Hendrick.

WSUJJ
07-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow lol

WSUJJ
07-02-2009, 12:23 AM
She should go into nascaring

WSUJJ
07-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Maybe even pro wresting lol

TragicallyHip
07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe even Playboy :cheers: :shrug:

WSUJJ
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
ohh yess that be tightt haa

NASCAR Diva#3
07-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I'd do her or let her do me.

TragicallyHip
07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd do her or let her do me.

That's hot. Haha

redsox12
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I can't see Hendrick giving up there top merchandise seller for a "popular" driver that would need alot of development. I could see her signing a Nationwide/Hendrick deal for 2010 then replacing Mark Martin in the 5 car.

TEI thought it was ok to let Jr. go and now they are barely surviving.

MarkieMark48
07-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I can't see Hendrick giving up there top merchandise seller for a "popular" driver that would need alot of development. I could see her signing a Nationwide/Hendrick deal for 2010 then replacing Mark Martin in the 5 car.

TEI thought it was ok to let Jr. go and now they are barely surviving.

Juniors merchandise isnt moving like it used to, when you dont win and are consistantly running 25th in the field, people dont want to wear your stuff. Keselowski will eventually be in the 5 car, hats a known fact. Danica Patrick merchandise will fly out of whatever hauler is hers, and companies will throw all kinds of money at owners to put their name on her car.

Are you honestly saying that Hendrick Motorsports will barely survive if they let junior go?

redsox12
07-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Of course not, Hendrick would be fine without jr but it doesn't make since to drop Jr. when you could have Gordon, Johnson, Jr and danica. Thats a gold mine.

As for Brad, it would make since to move JR Motorsports to cup and let Brad drive that car.

Speaking of gold mines, lets say your right and jr gets dropped. Kevin Harvick will be up in 2010. Could you imagine if Jr went to childress .

The return of the black #3= Jackpot

MarkieMark48
07-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Of course not, Hendrick would be fine without jr but it doesn't make since to drop Jr. when you could have Gordon, Johnson, Jr and danica. Thats a gold mine.

As for Brad, it would make since to move JR Motorsports to cup and let Brad drive that car.

Speaking of gold mines, lets say your right and jr gets dropped. Kevin Harvick will be up in 2010. Could you imagine if Jr went to childress .

The return of the black #3= Jackpot

Hendrick would have been much better off if he would have stuck with what he had in Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, and Brian Vickers and just given his young guys some time to mature.

Yes it does, hes not performing, hes not as good as everyone thought he was.

that was an option when he announced he was leaving DEI, and he said that he didnt want to do that because he wanted his own image.

redsox12
07-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Hendrick would have been much better off if he would have stuck with what he had in Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, and Brian Vickers and just given his young guys some time to mature.

Yes it does, hes not performing, hes not as good as everyone thought he was.

that was an option when he announced he was leaving DEI, and he said that he didnt want to do that because he wanted his own image.

Well if you want to talk about who they should have kept, they should have kept Kyle Busch, but do you really think Danica with no experience driving a stock car would be better than jr.

Look at Dariro Francitti (sp) and I know there has to be others that failed in NASCAR. Juan Pabio is not one of the better drivers, unless it's a road course. Sam Horinish is getting better but not the the top pack.

This is a bad season but it's not over, he still could get some wins, and I still think if Tony Sr. was the crew chief, they would be alot better.

I'm not a big fan of Hendrick so I love for Jr to leave to, my big hope is someday he will go to Rouch, but I know that will not happen.

DCSportsIsPain
07-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Shouldn't drivers be required to earn seats in those rolling ads known as "stock cars?"
Patrick has one damn win. One. It costs between $15 and $20 Million to run one of those tin cans for a full season, so I'd like to think drivers have to prove they won't get anyone killed before they are allowed to drive a 3800 pound sled known as an ASSCAR.

Who cares what she looks like? She won't look good dead, and she has proven nothing that says she has earned the right to drive one of those toys over all of the drivers who lost their rides due to lack of sponsorship. There is a huge difference between open wheel and closed wheel racing, and safety is supposedly the first concern. Supposedly. If Patrick gets licensed by NASCAR, then we know that safety is not the first concern, merchandise sales is.

nascar10294
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Danica is going to come to NASCAR, but I'll bet it will be with EGR, with Ganassi being in INdy gives him an advantage. Truex is likely out, but Bass Pro Shops is staying which would solve sponsorship problems, because Danica can bring her own, so Aric Almirola would be back. (I think he is a really underated driver and will win races by the end of the year).

As for Danica, she'll be here till May of 2012 where she'll go back to Indy leaving NASCAR with 5 top 10's 2 top 5's. A 2nd place finish at the brickyard and 3 poles. She'll just stink it up by being involve in 30 wrecks over 2 and a quater year.

MarkieMark48
07-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Well if you want to talk about who they should have kept, they should have kept Kyle Busch, but do you really think Danica with no experience driving a stock car would be better than jr.

Look at Dariro Francitti (sp) and I know there has to be others that failed in NASCAR. Juan Pabio is not one of the better drivers, unless it's a road course. Sam Horinish is getting better but not the the top pack.

This is a bad season but it's not over, he still could get some wins, and I still think if Tony Sr. was the crew chief, they would be alot better.

I'm not a big fan of Hendrick so I love for Jr to leave to, my big hope is someday he will go to Rouch, but I know that will not happen.

she might not be any better, but I dont think she would be any worse.

Dario was in an underfunded car that couldnt keep sponsorship, but I dont think he had what it takes anyways. Juan Pablo is currently in the top 12, and no matter what happens he will be in contention to make the chase this year, so I disagree with you there. Hornish will be fine, and I think he will be in contention to make the chase on a normal basis in the near future.

MarkieMark48
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Shouldn't drivers be required to earn seats in those rolling ads known as "stock cars?"
Patrick has one damn win. One. It costs between $15 and $20 Million to run one of those tin cans for a full season, so I'd like to think drivers have to prove they won't get anyone killed before they are allowed to drive a 3800 pound sled known as an ASSCAR.

Who cares what she looks like? She won't look good dead, and she has proven nothing that says she has earned the right to drive one of those toys over all of the drivers who lost their rides due to lack of sponsorship. There is a huge difference between open wheel and closed wheel racing, and safety is supposedly the first concern. Supposedly. If Patrick gets licensed by NASCAR, then we know that safety is not the first concern, merchandise sales is.

No, If you have the money to field a car, you should be able to put whoever the F you want in a car. If i remember correctly the only tracks that require some type of previous experience are the superspeedways.

MarkieMark48
07-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Danica is going to come to NASCAR, but I'll bet it will be with EGR, with Ganassi being in INdy gives him an advantage. Truex is likely out, but Bass Pro Shops is staying which would solve sponsorship problems, because Danica can bring her own, so Aric Almirola would be back. (I think he is a really underated driver and will win races by the end of the year).

As for Danica, she'll be here till May of 2012 where she'll go back to Indy leaving NASCAR with 5 top 10's 2 top 5's. A 2nd place finish at the brickyard and 3 poles. She'll just stink it up by being involve in 30 wrecks over 2 and a quater year.

It just depends on how much patience whoever puts her in their car has. Sam Hornish is a 3-time Indy Champ, and is tied for the most all-time wins in that series, and hes just now starting to get the hang of stock cars. Given he had a handful of busch/nationwide series starts, and a couple cup starts before he went full time in 2008, but hes just now starting to get the hang of it and now hes becoming a normal name in the top 20, not saying that is great, but its proving that he can drive and be competitive in this series. With Danica itll probably take a little longer than that, but If shes in solid equipment, I think she will be fine.

nascar10294
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
It just depends on how much patience whoever puts her in their car has. Sam Hornish is a 3-time Indy Champ, and is tied for the most all-time wins in that series, and hes just now starting to get the hang of stock cars. Given he had a handful of busch/nationwide series starts, and a couple cup starts before he went full time in 2008, but hes just now starting to get the hang of it and now hes becoming a normal name in the top 20, not saying that is great, but its proving that he can drive and be competitive in this series. With Danica itll probably take a little longer than that, but If shes in solid equipment, I think she will be fine.

Sam Hornish is doing a lot better now, but I do think he is a better driver than Danica a hundred times over. I think she start out with the patience but she will begin to get frustrated and that's when someone back in Indy will offer her big money to come back and I can't see her saying no to that if she isn't running good.

Though will EGR losing Truex, signing Danica makes so much sense. I want them to sign her, because she brings her own sponsorships, so they can bring back the 8 car and run a 3 car program. It just makes so much sense for the whole team.

WSUJJ
07-30-2009, 11:20 PM
she got a nice butt