PDA

View Full Version : David Stern needs to take a stand!

magichatnumber9
06-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm just going to get right to the point. Any player that puts there name in the draft and then does the Eli Manning or Kobe Bryant should receive a five year suspension from re-entering the draft. Ricky Rubio doesn't want to go to Sota, suck it up. This is not fair to an organization like the Timberwolves who are trying to put a championship team together.

Bluffmasta
06-28-2009, 12:23 PM
i like the idea of a suspension, but the player just holds out untill he gets traded, rarely does the player go back into the draft. I have no respect for these types of players, they mite not want to go to a certain city but suck it up

KingOf215
06-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Rubio = This Year's Yi

I can't say that I blame them though, I know I wouldn't wanna be in Milwaukee or Minnesota either.

theuuord
06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
stop this madness.

Super.
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
So what? Rubio would just run off to Europe and not be affected at all

Mauersota
06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Just wait until Rubio makes a decision before you jump the gun. He may very well be playing this little bit of a tactic game not against the Wolves but agaisnt Joventut. Joventut wants Rubio to buy out his contract and Ricky knows that so by threatening to return they may lower the buyout.

mike_noodles
06-28-2009, 01:13 PM
I fully agree, the player should face some sort of repercussion for these types of actions, Jimmy Jackson and Stephanie Francis are prime examples. There should be a stipulation when they enter the draft that they must report to whichever team drafts them or they just don't get into the league.

NYY 26 to 7
06-28-2009, 01:29 PM
This is also why you speak with and work out players before the draft. They should know that he doesn't want to play for them and if that is the case why even make the pick. Now you may have wasted 2 players and the pick they got for them. They should have known this and if they did know why would you even want a guy on your team who doesn't want to be there.

bogdanrom
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I kind of agree with you that it is a little messed up for a team to pick someone then for that player to just leave. But you have think that Minnesota contacted Rubio and asked about this possibility. And you have to put yourself in his shoes. If you were a highly regarded basketball player, a prodigy if you will, would you want to play in Minnesota? Probably not. That's why we still have all the talk about Lebron leaving Cleveland, because it's a small market compared to New York, Miami, LA. Rubio's people want the best for Rubio, not Minnesota. Plus I think it's a little messed up how Minnesota drafted another PG with the 6th pick and then another one later one(even though they traded it).

dtmagnet
06-28-2009, 01:37 PM
You play for the team that drafts you, not necessarily the team you want to play for the most. This is why the draft exists in the first place, so teams can't just snatch up all the young talent for themselves. If Rubio truly doesn't want to play in Minnesota, play out his contract with them and then sign anywhere he wants.

Cali4rnia
06-28-2009, 01:38 PM
a team that selects the player in the draft should have every rights.. if u not going to play on a team that drafted you because that team and place is not good enough to play is totally unfair for a team thats trying to rebuild.. david stern should put out a rule.. nba should suspend the player for remainder of his career.. i am sure that should fix this problem..

The_Pharouh
06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
tbh i don't blame rubio because simply he isn't making his decision
when he became professional in spain his family prevented him from talking to media until the olympics then they make him sign an awful contract with his club then one of the worst agents that an international prospect can have who thinks he can force NBA teams to do what he wants
they thought that Sac wanted him desperately and tried to make thunder&Grizz not pick him and even with that he went to oklahoma before the draft
and the result:Sac didn't pick him and found himself with the wolves in the 5th pick (i.e less money)
then who said that he may stay at Europe?it was his father while when he spoke he said that he isn't disappointed but just don't know his future due to his buyout (http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/ricky-estoy-orgulloso-decepcionado/dasbal/20090627dasdasbal_6/Tes)
guys the kid is 18 he isn't in control of what he is doing

desertlakeshow
06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
If the team is dumb enough to draft a player who does not want to be there, they are clearly not trying to build a quality team.

If they are forced to join the team they do not want to play for, they will sign the smallest contract and play it out and then bolt. Leaving the team with nothing.

Get quality guys who are wanting to play for you and develope that talent. What benefit would it be to force a player to play in a city he hates and cannot wait to leave.

MaHaRaJaH
06-28-2009, 02:03 PM
This is also why you speak with and work out players before the draft. They should know that he doesn't want to play for them and if that is the case why even make the pick. Now you may have wasted 2 players and the pick they got for them. They should have known this and if they did know why would you even want a guy on your team who doesn't want to be there.

Based on that logic everybody should hold their contracts for teams like the Lakers or Boston or Cleveland.

MPScribbles
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM
If the team is dumb enough to draft a player who does not want to be there, they are clearly not trying to build a quality team.

If they are forced to join the team they do not want to play for, they will sign the smallest contract and play it out and then bolt. Leaving the team with nothing.

Get quality guys who are wanting to play for you and develope that talent. What benefit would it be to force a player to play in a city he hates and cannot wait to leave.

Firstly, rookie contracts in the first round are predetermined. That is why rookies in the NBA don't hold out like rookies in the NFL. Who cares where these guys want to play. They will get their day in free agency to have a say. When a prospect is drafted his rights belong to that team.

Secondly, I think that a ban would be an excellent idea. If you don't want to play where you were drafted then go play in some inferior league somewhere else.

Also, I don't think that these international players should be able to enter the draft if they are under contract with another team in another country. If they plan to come to the NBA then don't sign deals that would keep them from doing so. It is ridiculous that these young men who have proven nothing at this level feel they have so much power to hold a team hostage. Stern should definitely do something about it. It hurts the league when the players are seen as spoiled, whiney, self-important jerks.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
It is totally legal and the NBA would be sued. It is dissapointing to the league and the fans, but they have the right to continue playing for their team where ever that may be. The drafting team will hold the rights to them in the NBA.

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Who cares!! It was the T'Wolves fault for drafting him, we knew that this was going to happen. I mean really, would you want to play in Minnesota:mad:. Minnesota has no future at all:smoking:

The KNicks are trying to help;), they want Rubio and Rubio wants them:clap:.

dtmagnet
06-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Who cares!! It was the T'Wolves fault for drafting him, we knew that this was going to happen. I mean really, would you want to play in Minnesota:mad:. Minnesota has no future at all:smoking:

I disagree, Minnesota does have a future with all the young talent they have. Would I want to play in Minnesota? If I was 18 and being drafted I wouldn't care where I was playing, I would be thrilled with the opportunity the play in the most competetive basketball league in the world. Take your New York homerism to the Knicks forum.

Hellcrooner
06-28-2009, 03:00 PM
the only stand stern has to take is remove the ABSURD rule of only bein able to pay 500k for buyout.

stern quits this rule wolves pay the buy out and in 5 minutes they have rubio there WILINGLY.

with the 500k alowed and the WHOLE rookie salary of a 5th pick rubio cant pay the buy out.

THIS THIN is not about sotta is about ricky wanting to play in the league RIGHT NOW and giv4n the low pick salry the only way he can PLAY NOW ifs if some endorsers pay the buyout, you cn find those endorsers if he plays in abig nmarket like NY, Bos or HOu if not he simply CANT pay the buyout nd will ahve to wait.

LanceUpperCut
06-28-2009, 03:03 PM
It's a ****ing job people, you start by entering the league were ever that may be then work your way up. Show some ****ing thanks that your in the ****ing NBA.

junion
06-28-2009, 03:17 PM
many analysts say 'draft the best player available'. whether they want to play there or not isn't as important as picking the best player. that player will either be good for your team, or bring you a good piece(s) in a trade.

on the other hand, if you feel you will go pretty high in the draft, what makes you think you're going to get picked by a premier team? it's pretty much a given that you'll get into a bad team - it's the whole point of the lottery.

azkarraga
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah, lets have some slaves down on the court. and please, let the coaches whip them. they'll play helluva better.

DJ CHACH
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
U ANSWER ME ONE QUesTION.. would YOU wanna pay 6 million outta pocket and only get 500,000 from minesotta, or would u rather go to a market where u might get an endorsement deal worth 10 million, and pay off ur debt in one yr...ricky wants to play in the nba, but if he doesnt have the money, or the money isnt guaranteeed to him thru an endorsement in minesota, what do u expect him to do?

id b the same way..i wanna play for a league that wants me..if they want me that bad, either they help me pay my way outta the contract, or THEY HELP PUT ME IN A POSTIION to be able to pay it off...its not fair to ask him to pay outta pocket like that...i dont think anyone here would do that either

Hellcrooner
06-28-2009, 03:55 PM
finally ^ i always wondered how in Usa the country of Liberty civil rights and Edgar Hoover sports would be runned in a Communist way and basing in player slavery

Dncehalldrug
06-28-2009, 03:59 PM
This guy needs to suck it up and just play for the team who drafted him. Who cares if you go on a bad/rebuilding team, everyone starts their career from the bottom of the food chain and work your way to the top. Ex. Pau Gasol didn't start making trade demands after getting drafted by Memphis...he worked hard every game he played and was rewarded to go to the Lakers.

FYI: Kobe didn't demand to be traded to the Lakers, Jerry West simply wanted him.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/45269/65435_lakers_arrive_at_lax.jpg

Kings Faithful
06-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok you tell me what you think Stern will do considering this...

Rubio = lots of money for Stern
Suspending Rubio from entering = alot of money LOST for Stern

Now, knowing Stern what do you think he will do?

Hellcrooner
06-28-2009, 04:10 PM
kobe menaced to not sign with the team that drafted him if he didnt like it.

Hellcrooner
06-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Ok you tell me what you think Stern will do considering this...

Rubio = lots of money for Stern
Suspending Rubio from entering = alot of money LOST for Stern

Now, knowing Stern what do you think he will do?

if stern was as savy as he presumes he would allow wolves to pay the entire buy out and not only the 500 k t ensure Rubio is making money for the league next season

bogdanrom
06-28-2009, 04:35 PM
A ban? For life? Are you guys ********. If a player does not want to play for a team it's the teams fault for drafting him. Rubio said that he does not want to be in Washington, so what did Washington do. They stopped caring about him. We told him that if he was there we wouldn't pick him. Minnesota should have asked Rubio if they picked him would he sign with them?
Plus its not like its over. Rubio never said anything final. This is just speculation. He's going to Minnesota next week to talk about his contract.

MaHaRaJaH
06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
It is ridiculous that these young men who have proven nothing at this level feel they have so much power to hold a team hostage. Stern should definitely do something about it. It hurts the league when the players are seen as spoiled, whiney, self-important jerks.

Exactly, it's like Kareem said- these unproven rookies FEEL that they are completely entitled to having 20 million dollar contracts. At least they made a positive step forward by stopping players declaring draft RIGHT after high school (age 18). But the WHOLE effin point of the DRAFT is so that teams that did NOT Preform well at all the previous season have a CHANCE to do better by getting first dibs on the best player available.

MaHaRaJaH
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM

God that is some idiotic ideology.

DJ CHACH
06-28-2009, 04:51 PM
u guys want him to suck up 6 million dollars? iwouldnt do that

SpeedyRecovery
06-28-2009, 04:57 PM
it's up to the organization to make sure the player wants to be drafted to their cd. it was stupid of them to get 2 point guards anyway with the amount of holes the team has already.
also rubio said he wanted to be the star with many minutes. so why would you get another point guard who would demand mins also right away.

harsh506
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
why doesn't rubio start making commercials and trying to get endorsements and start getting paid instead of sitting on his lazy *** in NY????

theuuord
06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
you guys are insane.
heaven forbid a player wants, you know, a choice in where his life goes, huh?

dtmagnet
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
u guys want him to suck up 6 million dollars? iwouldnt do that

He will get an endorsement deal to pay that off no matter what city he plays in, you think a player needs to play in New York in order to get an endorsement deal? If Ben Wallace can still get a shoe deal a guy like Rubio can easily get one.

blazerman
06-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah I agree, so not fair to the Twolves and if Rubio does elect to force a trade then he should get a huge fine, something like a buyout, from Rubio and the team he is traded too, in addition to the trade itself.

You can buy a first rd pick for 3 million

When a team is drafting that high they really need to have the player drafted sign other wise it could really cost them alot of revenue with the lost of ticket sales and merchandise. So a 3 million dollar fine to the player and a 1st rd draft pick from the team traded to in addition to the trade is very fair.

Having to pay 3mil to Twolves and 6mil to DVK would serve Rubio right for trying to act like a little baby and get what he whats now instead of waiting til he's a FA like every other player.

Can you imagine the flood of players that will start trying to force the hand of weaker teams if Rubio gets away with it scott free.

Also people want to feel sorry for Rubio because he has a big buyout with DVK, well he's the one that signed that contract and knew the consequense's of opting out. Rubio isnt the victim in this situation he'd be a little d*** to opt out with dvk and force a trade from the Wolves. It's one thing to opt out to play in the NBA, but to force a trade from a team that just gave up 2 proven NBA players to draft you shows you're a selfish little d***!

TEJ
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
You play for the team that drafts you, not necessarily the team you want to play for the most. This is why the draft exists in the first place, so teams can't just snatch up all the young talent for themselves. If Rubio truly doesn't want to play in Minnesota, play out his contract with them and then sign anywhere he wants.

this

Julio Zuleta
06-28-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm just going to get right to the point. Any player that puts there name in the draft and then does the Eli Manning or Kobe Bryant should receive a five year suspension from re-entering the draft. Ricky Rubio doesn't want to go to Sota, suck it up. This is not fair to an organization like the Timberwolves who are trying to put a championship team together.

thats a little ridiculous to say for a team who finished way below 500! id say they are trying to put a team together that they can develop

dee279
06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Based on that logic everybody should hold their contracts for teams like the Lakers or Boston or Cleveland.

true.

dee279
06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Yea i really dont like how players want to pick where they go.

Jay22Redd
06-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Best said

bringinwood
06-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Rubio is risking a ton by staying in Italy... Imagine the amount of money lost in endorsements and contract dollars... I wouldn't want to go to Minnesota either... They are a marketless wastedump that has a stereotype labeled around them for losing...

This league is about markets... If he wants to go to NY and he has the leverage to force a deal, then let him try... Screw the T-Wolves... They haven't been trying to be competitive since 03... No offense, but the league will survive without Rubio here and whether or not he comes to Minnesota is pointless... If he goes to NY, he is an instant star... I'm a Sixer fan and I know this... Sorry Minnesota but, the system is designed to cater to the stars... We have all known this for decades... If you stopped shipping off talent for garbage towards the elite teams, you would know this and you might actually compete one of these years...

jbterrelle
06-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Guys who even get drafted should be lucky to play for any team, it's so many guys in the D-Leagues and other leagues around the world, hell even in local neighborhoods would probably kill to be on the Wolves and be a part of the NBA. Basketball used to be just about that, basketball. Nowdays it seems like players are bigger than the league itself, just get out there and play first, for all we know he could be a bust at the nba level, we don't know yet, but when your contract is up then you can talk to whichever team you want....until then just shut up play basketball

bringinwood
06-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Guys who even get drafted should be lucky to play for any team, it's so many guys in the D-Leagues and other leagues around the world, hell even in local neighborhoods would probably kill to be on the Wolves and be a part of the NBA. Basketball used to be just about that, basketball. Nowdays it seems like players are bigger than the league itself, just get out there and play first, for all we know he could be a bust at the nba level, we don't know yet, but when your contract is up then you can talk to whichever team you want....until then just shut up play basketball

Ok...

Everyone shows the head side of this coin... The playground baller who would die to play for the NBA minimum on the Raptors or the D-League... However, the tails side says, we will never experience what these players are going through and, therefore, will never have their point of view... Who are we to tell Rubio he can't tell the T-Wolves to go **** themselves ??? Who are we to tell T.O he is wrong ??? Honestly, i've never walked a foot in their shoes and, therefore, I can't... Neither can any of us... I would love to be able to say that I could... But, I don't know what it's like to make a decision that is going to affect me for the five generations or more of my family... I don't know what it's like to say, damn, Minnesota has only 6 million in endorsement possibilities whereas NY has 40 million...

I never had to make these choices...

Sly Guy
06-28-2009, 11:06 PM

who cares if they're a rookie or not.....make it any player who demands a trade!

PHIfaninSPAIN
06-28-2009, 11:36 PM
i agree that stern needs to put these little douche bags in their place. playin in the league isnt a right, and people like rubio who try to determine where they go shouldnt be allowed in the league. there are tons of other guys who went in the second round or undrafted that would die to be in rubios spot and rubio needs to realize hes not bigger than the game. he said in his post draft interview with espn that he was ready to play this year and all of his buyout had been close to finished. he knew what he was saying. if the nba lets anymore kobe like situations happen its going to hurt their image more. most people already think the league is geared towards the superstars, if they buckle to another unproven "prodigy" its only going to reinforce the idea. i say the twolves play hardball and if they have to hold onto rubios rights. its unfortunate for the twolves but nobody is above the game and punks like rubio should be put in their place.

Knowledge
06-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I totally agree. Suspend them from re entering the draft or ban them entirely. No one player is greater than the game, especially an unproven player like Rubio. The league would move on and not miss a beat if he didnt play in it.

MN Hitman
06-29-2009, 03:41 AM
Rubio is risking a ton by staying in Italy... Imagine the amount of money lost in endorsements and contract dollars... I wouldn't want to go to Minnesota either... They are a marketless wastedump that has a stereotype labeled around them for losing...

This league is about markets... If he wants to go to NY and he has the leverage to force a deal, then let him try... Screw the T-Wolves... They haven't been trying to be competitive since 03... No offense, but the league will survive without Rubio here and whether or not he comes to Minnesota is pointless... If he goes to NY, he is an instant star... I'm a Sixer fan and I know this... Sorry Minnesota but, the system is designed to cater to the stars... We have all known this for decades... If you stopped shipping off talent for garbage towards the elite teams, you would know this and you might actually compete one of these years...

Maybe the NBA should get rid of every small market team, that will stop this situation from ever happening again. If star players don't want to play for small market teams, why have them?

arkanian215
06-29-2009, 08:59 AM
they would want him because he's got talent! that's enough reason to draft a guy.

arkanian215
06-29-2009, 09:01 AM
yup same old story. get drafted by a team in a smaller market and then demand a trade, etc. i wonder if rubio would've done the same had okc drafted him.
funny thing about yi. he went from the bucks to the nets, both pretty small markets. i think the bucks actually have a larger fan base.

Tqafg96
06-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, what if you got drafted by a 3rd class team, when you had your eye set on thebig city. When you have a 6 million dollar buyout and a team like minnesota will no way provide enough money for his buyout. However a big city team like the Knicks could.

cheetos185
06-29-2009, 09:22 AM

then why are players like kobe KG randy johnson even given trade clause in there contracts why not argue to get rid of that too

cheetos185
06-29-2009, 09:23 AM
yup same old story. get drafted by a team in a smaller market and then demand a trade, etc. i wonder if rubio would've done the same had okc drafted him.
funny thing about yi. he went from the bucks to the nets, both pretty small markets. i think the bucks actually have a larger fan base.

nets will be moving to brooklyn in few years so they won't be a small market team anymore

yanks19791024
06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I dont ever bash anybody here but a five year suspension cmon GET REAL

arkanian215
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
that's the plan. i hope it works. :D

SiteWolf
06-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe the NBA should get rid of every small market team, that will stop this situation from ever happening again. If star players don't want to play for small market teams, why have them?

Exactly. Just move every team in every pro league to NY, Chicago, Boston, or LA. No athlete would EVER be able to complain about the market they were playing in, right? I mean, that's THE primary issue for us to be concerned with- where pro athletes would like to play. They give up so much for their piddly salaries; why wouldn't we bend to their every whim?

That would solve EVERY ill in pro sports, wouldn't it?

/sarcasm off

SiteWolf
06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, what if you got drafted by a 3rd class team, when you had your eye set on thebig city. When you have a 6 million dollar buyout and a team like minnesota will no way provide enough money for his buyout. However a big city team like the Knicks could.

1.) Define 3rd class team
2.) If you expect to be drafted very high, who do you expect to get drafted BY...the reigning league champions?!

FLWolvesFan
06-29-2009, 09:57 AM

First it's a privilege to play in the NBA, not a right. We drafted him, we have his rights. If he doesn't want to play for us so be it, he can sit over in Europe for years and make less money. We don't owe him or the Knicks anything and the Knicks have absolutely nothing to offer in return. If he doesn't want to play in the NBA then he shouldn't have entered the draft or someone should've explained to him the concept of the draft better. This buyout thing is getting really old too, if it's such a huge issue then don't enter the damn draft.

As for Minnesota being a 3rd class team. The Knicks are no better than the TWolves, actually the TWolves have a much better young nucleus and a better future. I haven't seen the Knicks in the playoffs for years now, nor have I seen any playing at the All-Star game-except maybe in the audiance or the stupid slam dunk contest. It's a bad sign when a player on your team was last voted to an all-star team in 2001.

I'm assuming you're talking about the endorsement opportunities associated with big market teams, but this isn't necessarily correct. Garnett had many endorsements while he was here, and I don't recall seeing any Knicks endorsing anything lately. It's more about a player's image, personality, and productivity than how big a market they play in. Lebron's everywhere, D. Howards everywhere-both small market teams.

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I love this thread...i agree totally, when kids dream of being in the NBA, thats exactly what they dream of, the NBA...no player is bigger than the league. Be happy you are on a team, especially getting drafted

DJ CHACH
06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
what kind of confidence do they have the ricky stays if they go ahead and draft another pg right behind him...that shows ricky, that minn is prepared in case he doesnt wanna play..if they didnt pick another pg, then u could come down on ricky's head..but they already lost confidence that he would play for them by choosing flynn next...how does that make ricky feel? he just wants to push harder cuz he knows they already covered thier ***, so if he pushed them to trade him, itll work..they planned on losing him bc they drafted flynn

MPScribbles
07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I will reiterate:
Don't allow players to enter the draft while under contract. If the player feels they are soon to be entering the NBA draft, they should not sign a contract that would preclude them from playing.

Don't allow players to force trades. If they don't like the team that drafted them, too effin bad. Play out your rookie contract and then sign somewhere else as a free agent after you have proven yourself in this league.

For you guys that say he should have some say as to where he plays, you're right. He can decide between Europe or the NBA. Bad thing for him is that in the NBA he has to be drafted. Bad teams get first pick. Odds are you're going to a bad team if you're projected to be any good. Some of those bad teams play in small markets. If you don't want to be drafted by a small market team, don't enter the draft.

Ace33Bone
07-08-2009, 09:51 AM

I feel your pain on this one and I think someone started a thread earlier last week that was similar and I feel that the both of you are 100% correct. I hate and I do mean hate that players are coming into the league fresh out of HS/College/Overseas and basically telling people where they will and will not play. Stern was quick to turn down the jump str8 out of HS idea but I feel that this is even bigger than that problem. I was a big Steve Francis fan but when he took the podium crying because he was going to Memphis (Vancover at the time) I lost a lot of respect for him. The same with Kobe saying where he will and will not play its ridiculous. First of all you should be happy to be in the NBA (as hard as some of these athletes work that never get the chance to make it you should be counting your lucky stars). I mean these kids are literally falling into money but they want to cry and carry on and so forth. I am sick of it and Rubio should not be allowed back into the league, but let me tell you what needs to be done in order for the NBA to improve. 1) David Stern needs to be releived of his duties ( I know that the NBA is a business, but it is also a sport that caters to the fans and Stern is only concerned about putting money in his pockets thats why its so much conspiracy involved in the NBA) and #2 some of these players should not be getting all of this money (I mean $5-10 Mil is OK for your top athletes but anything over that is a bit excessive) I mean people will argue that Kobe and LeBron should be making whatever they want and I can see where you are coming from... but seriously come on these players will make $5-10MIL + a year on endorsements. All this i feel is taking from the game I cannot recall when I heard players in the 70's and 80's complaining about contracts so much. Some of these players need to stop all the crying and play the sport for the love of the game