PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Season - Best of the Year Categories

JordansBulls
06-27-2009, 05:16 PM
In this thread posters name what was the Best in Each for the Year.

Best Game of the Season (ex: Bulls vs Celtics game 6 3OT)

Best Game of the Season (Player): (ex: Tony Parker 55 pts, 10 assists)

Best Game Winner of the Season: (Ex: Roy's 3 pointer against Houston)

Best Move of the Year: (Ex: Derrick Rose's crossover on Andre Miller)

Best Trade of the Year: (Ex: Bulls get Salmons, Miller from the Kings)

Worst Trade of the Year:

Breakout Player of the Year: (Ex: Mo Williams)

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): (Ex: Redd)

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): (Ex: Pistons)

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: (Ex: Garnett)

ko8e24
06-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Best Game of the Season: Bulls vs Celtics game 6 3OT

Best Game of the Season (Player): Kobe 61 pts @ MSG (Garden record)

Best Game Winner of the Season: Roy's 3 pointer vs houston

Best Move of the Year: ??

Best Trade of the Year: Chauncey to Denver

Worst Trade of the Year: AI to Detroit

Breakout Player of the Year: Danny Granger

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): Elton Brand

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): Hornets

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: KG

IndyRealist
06-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I probably can't do this for the entire NBA, but for the Pacers:

Best Game of the Season: Nov 1st vs. Boston Blew out the defending champions on opening night. Sadly the rest of the season didn't live up to that.

Best Game of the Season (Player): In the season opener, Danny Granger scores 20pts in a rout of the Boston Celtics. After the game was more or less decided, Danny Granger goes diving for a loose ball along with Paul Pierce, who lands on Granger's head and knocks out his two front teeth. After controlling the bleeding, Granger returns to play the rest of the 4th quarter. Missing two front teeth.

Best Game Winner of the Season: After "fouling" Lebron, who hit two free throws to tie the game, Danny Granger makes the exact same play against James and gets the same foul call, sinking two free throws to win the game. Mike Brown said that the call on Danny was good, but the call on Lebron was the worst he's ever seen.

Best Move of the Year: See "Best Game Winner of the Season", above.

Best Trade of the Year: Indiana selects Jarryd Bayless with the #11 pick, and trades him to Portland for Brandon Rush, the #13 pick, Jarret Jack and Josh McRoberts. Jack had a career year and started for the team, and Rush is the starting SG.

Worst Trade of the Year: Jermaine O'Neal gets traded to Toronto for TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston, and the #17 pick (Roy Hibbert). TJ, Rasho, and Maceo were mostly ineffective, and Hibbert is still developing. Granted it was a salary dump, but it's the worst trade of the year by virtue of being the only other trade.

Breakout Player of the Year: Troy Murphy. Yup, not Granger. 14ppg, 11.7rpg, 45% 3pt shooting. Second in the league in rebounding, 3rd in 3pt%. Shot almost as many 3's and #1 and #2 combined.

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): TJ Ford. Was supposed to be a lightning quick pass first PG, turns out he's an undersized SG a la Allen Iverson.

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): N/A

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: Mike Dunleavy Jr. Played in one preseason game, then promptly sat out with knee pain for half the year. Came back and looked good, then got shut down for the season after 18 games. Team's second leading scorer and playmaker.

bogdanrom
06-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Best Game of the Season- Bulls vs Celtics game 6 3OT

Best Game of the Season (Player)- Lebron's MSG performance 52 pts, 11 ast, 9reb

Best Game Winner of the Season- Roy's 3 pointer against Houston

Best Move of the Year- don't know one

Best Trade of the Year- Nuggets get Billups in exchange for AI. Transforms them into top 2 team in the West.

Worst Trade of the Year:Pistons get AI in excange for Billups. AI barely plays and when he does he does so horribly.

Breakout Player of the Year-Devin Harris

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player)- Greg Oden

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team)- Pistons

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year-Arenas

Reyes6
06-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Best Game of the Season: Bulls- Celtics Game 6, I literally had to push plans back to watch this game and the first time I ever had to do so while watching teams that I had no fan affiliation with.

Best Game of the Season (Player): LeBron in NY, knowing what Kobe had done and having the pressure to impress, he sure did.

Best Game Winner of the Season: Devin Harris in Philly

Best Move of the Year: Noah on Pierce

Best Trade of the Year: Chauncey to Denver

Worst Trade of the Year: AI to Detroit (Lol)

Breakout Player of the Year: Devin Harris

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): Brand or Marion

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): The Washington Jizzards

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: Kevin Garnett

Damn you JB, for making me interested in something other than trade rumors.

LayZbone
06-27-2009, 06:27 PM

Best Game of the Season (Player): Wade vs Bulls (2OT buzzer)- 48/12/6/4/3. Lebron vs Knicks- 52/11/9/2. Kobe vs Knicks- 61 pts.

Best Game Winner of the Season: Wade steals it from Salmons and hits a 3 at the buzzer, 2OT.
Honrable mention: Harris and Roy.

Best Move of the Year: Wade splitting the D and posterizing Okafor.

Best Trade of the Year: Nuggets acquire Billups for AI.

Worst Trade of the Year:

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): Elton Brand

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): Pistons

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: Garnett

Chronz
06-27-2009, 11:07 PM
LMAO Breakout player, Mo Williams, man your in serious denial MJB

SidTheKid87
06-27-2009, 11:28 PM
the harris shot was better than roy imo...

PSD Man
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM

Best Game of the Season (Player): Lebron at MSG

Best Game Winner of the Season: Wade's 3 vs Chicago

Best Move of the Year: Noah steals from Pierce for the break away dunk

Best Trade of the Year: Nuggets acquire Billups for AI.

Worst Trade of the Year: Detroit aquires Iverson

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): Allen Iverson

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): Pistons

Biggest detrimental injury of the year: Kevin Garnett

asandhu23
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Best Game of the Season (Kings versus Warriors crazy thriller)

Best Game of the Season Player: Kevin Martin
Best Game Winner of the Season: LeBron James over Magic 0.1 sec

Best Move of the Year: Jamal Crawford crossover to whoop Ray Allen

Best Trade of the Year: Brad Miller to Bulls

Worst Trade of the Year:

Breakout Player of the Year: Anthony Morrow GSW. crazy first game ever in NBA

Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Monta Ellis

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): Golden State Warriors

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: Monta Ellis Moped Incident Injury

there you go.

asandhu23
06-28-2009, 12:16 AM
how did this topic die?

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 12:20 AM
From your California Dreamin' mate.

asandhu23
06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
From your California Dreamin' mate.

explain

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Due to 6 of your topics including the Golden State Warriors/Kings. LOL.

asandhu23
06-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Due to 6 of your topics including the Golden State Warriors/Kings. LOL.

well those were pretty big events. the injury that made most news in nba last year was monta injury

JordansBulls
06-28-2009, 01:36 AM
LMAO Breakout player, Mo Williams, man your in serious denial MJB

:confused:

Gnac76
06-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Love the people who list brand as the biggest disappointment of the year... then list kg as the guy whom had the biggest detrimental injury.... Garnett played 57 games this year , brand played 29, 9 of which were coming after his attempt to come back from his shoulder injury which lead to him being done for the rest of the season...Biggest disappointment of the year... only played 29 games.... morons.. just morons... Im not saying kg shouldnt be the listed as the biggest detrimental injury player even tho his team make it to the second round... but come on.. if your gonna list someone whos been a disappointment, at least list someone who played at least half the freaking season... damn... and for those people that say... it was disapointing cuz he had an injury... that would be classified as, having the biggest detrimental injury...

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 01:49 AM
He's disappointing because the 76ers paid so much to get him and in the 29 games he played in, which is plenty in judging the player's impact upon the team, the 76ers played better without him. He was supposed to be a great post presence but instead seemed more like a barrier in the way of them having a run and gun offense. I love Brand and drafted him as the 1st pick in my fantasy (I drew the last pick, don't hate me) and I was debating dropping him while he was still playing.

KG was most detrimental because it took him out for the playoffs.

So, what's the matter with you?

ko8e24
06-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Love the people who list brand as the biggest disappointment of the year... then list kg as the guy whom had the biggest detrimental injury.... Garnett played 57 games this year , brand played 29, 9 of which were coming after his attempt to come back from his shoulder injury which lead to him being done for the rest of the season...Biggest disappointment of the year... only played 29 games.... morons.. just morons... Im not saying kg shouldnt be the listed as the biggest detrimental injury player even tho his team make it to the second round... but come on.. if your gonna list someone whos been a disappointment, at least list someone who played at least half the freaking season... damn... and for those people that say... it was disapointing cuz he had an injury... that would be classified as, having the biggest detrimental injury...

No genious, after all the crap he and david falk pulled through with dumb idiots like dunleavy and sterling, and leaving the guy in the middle, baron davis, high and dry, and basically leaving the clippers to the sixers for basically 1 million dollars extra (yes i kno, economy, wife pregnant, blah blah blah). but with all that crap that went on and by leaving baron high and dry, the expectations were big for him this yr.

C's got to game 7 in semi's w/o kg, and heck, he even tried coming back for a handful of games, but knew then and there that his season was truly over, unlike brand.

PS: Wow, i must be high cuz im defending a celtic!

Crooks&Castles
06-28-2009, 01:59 AM

Best Game of the Season (Player): Kobe @ MSG

Best Game Winner of the Season: Roy

Best Move of the Year: IDC if this a move or not.. But tyrus thomas smashin on jermaine oneal.... i fell out my chair and fell to the floor like oneal

Best Trade of the Year: Buh Buh Buh Billups

Worst Trade of the Year: Detroit tradin billups for AI

Breakout Player of the Year: Devin Harris/ Granger

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (Player): AI/ elton

Biggest Diappointment of the Year (Team): Pistons/Clippers

Biggest Detrimental Injury of the Year: Garnett

Gnac76
06-28-2009, 02:02 AM
He's disappointing because the 76ers paid so much to get him and in the 29 games he played in, which is plenty in judging the player's impact upon the team, the 76ers played better without him. He was supposed to be a great post presence but instead seemed more like a barrier in the way of them having a run and gun offense. I love Brand and drafted him as the 1st pick in my fantasy (I drew the last pick, don't hate me) and I was debating dropping him while he was still playing.

KG was most detrimental because it took him out for the playoffs.

So, what's the matter with you?

Brand is more important for philadelphia success than garnett is for bostons success... just cuz boston has more weapons than philly does (but obviously boston needs garnett if they want another championship..) and after those 20 games brand played in the coach was fired... so the whole team was playing horrible not just brand. It just seems as though people see it as everything is brands fault and dont consider that he was injured and our coaching sucked during the games that he did play, enough to that the coach was fired. Brand wasnt used right during that time. Regardless the offense will now be a princeton offense w/ eddie jordan as a coach and brand will hopefully be used right. I just would rather the label of "the 2008-09 most disapointing player" go to someone who.. actually played a decent amount. Look at iggy.. he was playing even worse than brand in the begining of the season... then what? coaching change and he started to play better.. whos to say brand wouldnt have started playing better had he played more games? idk it just seems like an unfair argument

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 02:04 AM
It's funny how the best and worst trade are the same for most people, depending on which side you look at it from.

Crooks&Castles
06-28-2009, 02:06 AM
It's funny how the best and worst trade are the same for most people, depending on which side you look at it from.

but what you dont understand is,

its the truth

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 02:08 AM
I understand what you are saying man, but either way for such high expectations his statistics and overall team record during his time were terrible. So the least you can say is that he did have a disappointing season... Calling people morons for making a logical point is very immature however, in my personal opinion.

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 02:09 AM
I understand it, I was the second one to post that... LOL.

KB24PG16
06-28-2009, 02:17 AM

im confused too

Crooks&Castles
06-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I understand what you are saying man, but either way for such high expectations his statistics and overall team record during his time were terrible. So the least you can say is that he did have a disappointing season... Calling people morons for making a logical point is very immature however, in my personal opinion.

true enough

i respect that. you see, what you have stated has proven your explanation. You have taken this post to the next level. I respect that again

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Wow, thanks. I'm usually used to people stating

"STFU, you have no idea what you are talking about and should stop trying to act like you do."

So I appreciate that, lol.

But trust me man, Brand grew up a few minutes away from me and I've gotten his autograph and know the guy. He'll be good for the 76ers, but they need to get in to some type of team chemistry around him.

Too much now-a-days people trade away a player after a year or even about 30 games because he wasn't meshing well. People need to realize that chemistry is far beyond talent in the game of basketball. Or else the Clippers would be a top 3 team.

Reyes6
06-28-2009, 02:58 AM

In response to the quotation he has of you in his signature...

"1991 Pippen is what Mo Williams is now"

So basically he thinks you have a Man-Crush on Mo Williams. Which, I for one also sort of believe you do. Not like your Man-Obsession with Jordan tho... Jk:)