PDA

View Full Version : who could use Marc Gasol?

Hellcrooner
06-27-2009, 02:36 PM
well mark my words marc gasol must not be happy about the lack of commitment and shortview from Wallace drafting thabeet,

they coudl have gona BY NEED and draft Hill a Pf or by talnt and draft Rubio instead they drafted anOTHER center.

they cant coexist and the Twin towers experiment is bound to fails since thabeet isnt talented enough and Marc isnt quick enough to play the four.

so Marc will be just counting the days of his 2 more years contract to bolt.

I think they could get something good and needed for him liek a Pf while he can go somwhere else to start.

Who coudl use him?

would you like him on your team?

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Wizards could definitely use a big. We have plenty of guards to give memphis.

ink
06-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Come on, seriously. Do you have a source saying that Gasol is unhappy? We can't just keep starting threads based on speculation and the way you feel about Spanish players getting "screwed" by NBA executives. Gasol is under contract. He's a professional. Just like every other NBA player, he plays for the team that has his rights and pays his salary.

AllTheWay
06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
True^

But Hellcrooner does have a point, a very good one at that. Neither Marc nor Thabeet can play PF, and Marc must be dissapointed after a great rookie campaign to see the Grizzlies draft a player at his position.

Hellcrooner
06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
^you dont need to be the Mentalist to know a young player that jsut made the second rookie team and played very good wouldnt be happy about his team drafting wiht a HIGH lottery pick someone for your position

zo#33
06-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I would love him in Miami. Haslem for Gasol/Buckner

Marques24kobe
06-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Lakers so him and Pau could be BEST BUDDY BROTHERS!

ink
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
^you dont need to be the Mentalist to know a young player that jsut made the second rookie team and played very good wouldnt be happy about his team drafting wiht a HIGH lottery pick someone for your position

It's more of a general comment not just limited to this thread. You know what I mean. Bring some sources, please make clearer threads, and not just always about Spanish players getting screwed.

what54!?
06-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I would love him in Miami. Haslem for Gasol/Buckner
sounds about right

dre1990
06-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Detroit can use him

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
The Golden State Warriors need some depth at center behind Andris Biedrins.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Gasol has a great rookie year and they use the second pick on the 5 spot. Of course he's gonna be pissed. Conley sucks at PG. Why didn't they draft a PG? They traded Darko, so Gasol is likely to stay unless they get a great trade offer.

cegielskijastro
06-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Yao needs a backup

abe_froman
06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
chi..the trouble,they dont have the assets
ny..they need a c
miami
okc..they're a c away from being por(westbrook/harden/durant/green/gasol)

cubbybear2290
06-27-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that he would start on my beloved bulls LOL. It's bad when your heaviest big man is the white panther (Aaron Gray) and he also happens to be the least talented right now.

lakers4sho
06-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Marc Gasol and Mike Conley for Farmar, Vujacic, and Morrison.

mrblisterdundee
06-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe Memphis is pulling a trick out of left field, and will trade Thabeet. Until e proves himself, Thabeet will be inferior to Marc Gasol. I wouldn't be surprised if he is used as a trade chip. Of course, Marc Gasol is an even better trade chip who could bring back a talented power forward, if he's traded along with Warrick. It's just sad because Marc accepted playing in a small market like Memphis, and made the most of it.

Joshtd1
06-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd actually like him on the Spurs. I think he would compliment Duncan very nicely since they are both good passers and smart players.

ManRam
06-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Come on, seriously. Do you have a source saying that Gasol is unhappy? We can't just keep starting threads based on speculation and the way you feel about Spanish players getting "screwed" by NBA executives. Gasol is under contract. He's a professional. Just like every other NBA player, he plays for the team that has his rights and pays his salary.

I agree. Everyone and their grandmas know that Thabeet is a major project. He isn't going to step in and start...Gasol will start over him. If anything Gasol should just work harder, and prove that he is the center of the future, not Thabeet. If it doesn't work out, whatever. Gasol is a professional. Suck it up.

pete_one
06-27-2009, 04:55 PM

wow, the mentalist airs in Spain? good ****!

GodsSon
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Marcus Banks for Marc Gasol :D

NastyRud
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
chi..the trouble,they dont have the assets
ny..they need a c
miami
okc..they're a c away from being por(westbrook/harden/durant/green/gasol)

Maybe Tyrus for Gasol?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=klohhj

MNSuFu
06-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Timberwolves could use him...

Rubio
Flynn
Ellington
Jefferson
Gasol

Carney/brewer/love off the bench....

I love it....

We could give memphis the bobcats first round pick that we just got from denver + an expiring contract for him

wwwhat
06-27-2009, 06:16 PM
The Grizz believe Marc can play PF (how? I don't know) so him gettinng traded any time soon is a long shot.

philab
06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
With the #2 overall pick, you don't pass on the best player available just because you have a player that made the All-Rookie Second Team. This is the NBA. There's only 450 guys in the league and a new sixty are drafted every year. Gasol looks like a promising player, but very few players are guaranteed anything, Spanish or not.

Now, I don't know why Memphis thought Thabeet was the best player available, but that's a different story.

philab
06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Marc Gasol and Mike Conley for Farmar, Vujacic, and Morrison.

I hope that's a joke. That's a horribly lopsided trade.

MNSuFu
06-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope that's a joke. That's a horribly lopsided trade.

I think he's mocking memphis with what they traded for the other gasol

homestarunner93
06-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I know its tough for you HC, but forget for a second that Marc Gasol is Spanish. Ok, now that we have that out of the way, we can see that he's an average player at best. Its not like Marc Gasol is in high demand, he would be on the bench for most playoff teams. Thabeet is easily better than him.

Kyben36
06-27-2009, 06:31 PM

He did, at one point, say that he was unhappy in Memphis because of the way that they worked, he said that they had no work ethic and it was nothing like over in Europe,

THe bulls could use him though, I with he was a bit more athletic though.

td0tsfinest
06-27-2009, 06:41 PM
why not see how it works out first ? it might actually work. Drafting Thabeet was no way a diss to Marc, he's still part of that big picture

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Twin towers? I don't see that happening.

IndyRealist
06-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Timberwolves could use him...

Rubio
Flynn
Ellington
Jefferson
Gasol

Carney/brewer/love off the bench....

I love it....

We could give memphis the bobcats first round pick that we just got from denver + an expiring contract for him

More likely Kevin Love gets sent for Gasol. Which might not be a bad trade.

Regardless, I doubt Thabeet starts right off. Gasol starts and plays like the professional he is, if only to entice other teams to make a trade for him.

mavwar53
06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
play him at PF

akesh99
06-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Bosh, Banks and Humphries for Gasol, Gay, Warrick and Richardson

SeoulBeatz
06-27-2009, 09:03 PM
well mark my words marc gasol must not be happy about the lack of commitment and shortview from Wallace drafting thabeet,

they coudl have gona BY NEED and draft Hill a Pf or by talnt and draft Rubio instead they drafted anOTHER center.

they cant coexist and the Twin towers experiment is bound to fails since thabeet isnt talented enough and Marc isnt quick enough to play the four.

so Marc will be just counting the days of his 2 more years contract to bolt.

I think they could get something good and needed for him liek a Pf while he can go somwhere else to start.

Who coudl use him?

would you like him on your team?

this thread has no basis besides ur own speculation...

why bother?

BullsNumber1Fan
06-27-2009, 09:37 PM
You can start him at the 4 just like Pau and occasionaly play him at the 5.

bahama0811
06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
The Nuggets could use him.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
The Spurs lol

Chronz
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
How do we know hes mad, is he really that unprofessional/uncompetitive? Its not unheard of for those players to use it as motivation and not lose the starting job, Ive seen it happen countless times. And if they drafted Rubio, by your logic wouldnt they have just pissed off their other promising youngster at the position.

Nobody is angry, and there is enough minutes for both guys to get PT. Its why they traded Darko

PhillySportFan
06-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd love for the Sixers to get him.