PDA

View Full Version : Rookie of the year 2010?

DWADE4MVP!!
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
who will be the rookie of the year next year??
im thinking maybe Stephon Curry becuz he lead the nation in scoring last year when he was at Davidson and he is a shooter wif unlimited range!!!
soo what do u think??

D-Train#35
06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Griffin has to much competition to make a huge immediate impact, also he's a Clipper, enough said. Thabeet will come in and start right away I think, for a team like Memphis, but with his limited offensive game I can't see him winning ROY. He will probably end up as one of the better players from this draft a couple years down the road though, obviously as why he was drafted so high. Harden stands a good chance as I can see him being the second option, maybe the third on OKC and see plenty of playing time. Tyreke Evans also stands a really nice chance as I think he will end up being the best player from this draft down the road. DeMar DeRozan and Jordan Hill can also come in and contribute right away and I could see them making a run for it. Stephen Curry does have a decent chance to but I don't see it happening since I can't imagine Curry and Ellis playing too much together, that would be the worst defensive backcourt in the league so I think that will effect his PT a little.

My top 10:
1. Tyreke Evans
2. James Harden
3. DeMar DeRozan
4. Blake Griffin
5. Jordan Hill
6. Stephen Curry
7. Hasheem Thabeet
8. Ricky Rubio
9. Gerald Henderson
10. Jrue Holliday

cwilson21
06-27-2009, 01:04 AM
I'll give a surprise pick here and say Wayne Ellington. No real competition right now for the starting SG position on the Wolves and the only other legit scoring threat we have is Jefferson. He shoots the 3 well and should put up some points.

soxnfins
06-27-2009, 01:05 AM
I hope Brandon Jennings gets in the running, but I know either DeRozen or Evans will win it. probably DeRozen.

Beno7500
06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
griffin will get it cuz stern says so

GiantYankKnicks
06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Evans,Harden,Curry Or Hill

lavell12
06-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I think it will be either Curry or Henderson b/c I think they have the best offensive games at this point but I will go with Curry b/c he will start and Henderson will probably come off the bench and get less pt.

lavell12
06-27-2009, 01:09 AM
I hope Brandon Jennings gets in the running, but I know either DeRozen or Evans will win it. probably DeRozen.

I'm convinced that Jennings will be the big bust of the draft, he just smells like the next Sebastian Telfar, a great talented street ball type who can't play in a real system.

zambo4president
06-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Harden
Evans
Curry
Griffin
T Will

Macedonian
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
DeMar DeRozan

PhillyBoomerang
06-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Blake Griffin Most Likely.. maybe Curry or Flynn and perhaps Rubio, if he stays that is.. Blake Griffin will come in a make the biggest initial impact

nyyankees09
06-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Blake griffin no doubt

Jonathan2323
06-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Tyreke Evans he will get the most oppurtunity to win it.

Talick
06-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Dudes! Blake Griffin is an absolute monster! How can you predict against him?

GSW fan
06-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Flynn

Chateamsfan
06-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Injuries could happen never know folks. Gerald Henderson?

DerekRE_3
06-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Injuries could happen never know folks. Gerald Henderson?

As a fellow Bobcat fan...that's a VERY homer statement.

pd7631
06-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Homer pick- Jrue Holiday if the Sixers can't find a veteran to start at point.

Unbiased- I like Flynn to be ROY if Rubio stays in Spain or is traded.

SDDodger
06-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Gonna go with Tyreke Evans here. Blake Griffin's skills are going to take some time to translate to the NBA. He is very good and eventually he will get there but it is tough on a bigman who has always been the biggest, strongest and fastest man on the court to get use to the NBA.

Evans is bigger and stronger than most PGs and it is easier for a guard to make an immediate impact.

Griffin will more than likely be the better player 5 years from now but next year is going to belong to Evans.

asandhu23
06-27-2009, 02:22 AM
who will be the rookie of the year next year??
im thinking maybe Stephon Curry becuz he lead the nation in scoring last year when he was at Davidson and he is a shooter wif unlimited range!!!
soo what do u think??

definitely curry and our fan base is going to be supporting him more than usual. bring on the curry and the indians will join. all we need now is rice...

asandhu23
06-27-2009, 02:23 AM

he's overrated. obvious man

k08E24MVP
06-27-2009, 02:31 AM
Brandon jennings!

ThEaIrUpThErE
06-27-2009, 02:32 AM
i think james harden has a chance. of hes the second option i could see him putting up B Roy rookie numbers. Curry does have a good chance to win, cause rookies who can put up points are always popular

JiffyMix88
06-27-2009, 02:48 AM
T-Will will get it mark my words this guy is a beast

abe_froman
06-27-2009, 02:57 AM
blake or maybe evans

zambo4president
06-27-2009, 03:02 AM
he's overrated. obvious man

Yeah Griffin is overrated. Hes not all that big either. He just has that feel to him were hes not gonna be what hes hyped up to be. I went with Harden but i think its close between Harden and Evans, Harden i think wont be blowing people away scoring but i think hes going to get nice stat lines, solid scoring, plenty of assist chances, rebounds, steals. Evans is going to play alot and its in his own hands really. He is going to have to want to score though.

Hanzinho
06-27-2009, 03:02 AM
JAMES HARDEN

:clap:

SDDodger
06-27-2009, 03:36 AM
I think it is going to be tough for Harden to win it, most of the shots are going to go to Durant or Westbrook.

vash9
06-27-2009, 03:37 AM
James Harden
Brandon Jennings
Johnny Flynn
Terrence Williams
?
?
?
Blake Griffin

Lol. Griffin is/was a monster, but let's see how he does with the Clippers. Didn't he state once that he doesn't want to be a Clippers? Could be another controversy. Not giving it his all, then get traded or something. Never know.

ishouldbeagm
06-27-2009, 03:40 AM
harden he'll start and im sure they'll spread the offense in that young thunder team

J-Relo
06-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Griffin

GrandDaddyPurp
06-27-2009, 04:44 AM
1. Tyreke Evans
2. Blake Griffin
3. Stephen Curry
4. Jonny Flynn

jsumadchat
06-27-2009, 06:04 AM
i've got it down to james harden and demar derozan. both players have ridiculous skill and potential and will be coming into systems that have substantial minutes for them. they'll be in a position to make a splash this year, much like roy in 06. it'll be a fun season for the rooks.

xIvy
06-27-2009, 06:09 AM
If Flynn will play as the starting 1 for the Wolves, he might have a chance of winning the ROY trophy.
But in order to win the throphy, the Wolves have to teach him how to be a playmarker.
If he'll learn this, he really has a chance to become a star in the NBA.
If not Flynn, I'd say DeRozan might be ROY.

Hustla23
06-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Blake Griffin easy.

15 pts 8 rebounds will get it done.

Glenfidish
06-27-2009, 09:45 AM
DeMar DeRozan comes into the best situation of any top ten players..The raptors have already stated that they may start him at the 2 already..The position is vacant and his for the taking...He's mature and ready to play..

1.Jose
2.DeMar DeRozan
3.Marion
4.Bosh
5.Bargnani

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I would like to see DeMar DeRozan win it.

Most likely it will go down to either Tyreke Evans or James Harden.

Hustla23
06-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't get why people pick Demar Derozen like out of the blue.

The guy didn't dominate at all in college and was a big letdown. He was a potential pick if anything.

I think he has the potential to be a star but he's not contributing right away.

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 10:48 AM

The guy didn't dominate at all in college and was a big letdown. He was a potential pick if anything.

The thing many people don't know is that DeMar DeRozan got better as the college season went along.

He didn't have the chance to show off how he can actually play.

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 11:01 AM
This is what DeMar DeRozan is capable of, maybe even better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4nptX_MCxY

EastCoastBaller
06-27-2009, 11:06 AM
DeMar DeRozan or Terrence Williams.... But I gotta go with DeMar DeRozan

EastCoastBaller
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Maybe you should put a poll up.

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Maybe you should put a poll up.

Couldn't have said it better.

Bucks24226
06-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm convinced that Jennings will be the big bust of the draft, he just smells like the next Sebastian Telfar, a great talented street ball type who can't play in a real system.
B.Jennings played in a real system in Italy and Telfair came straight from high school, Brandon says that he has matured over in Italy and is ready to play like he did in Oak Hill:D

IndyRealist
06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Breakdown of ROY: ~60% is determined by PPG, people look at points as having the biggest impact on the game, true or not. ~20% rebounding/blocks or assists/steals, depending on your position. ~20% highlight reels, the more you get on sportscenter, the better.

Demar DeRozan shoots 17% from 3. I don't know what Toronto's situation is like right now, if they're playing inside-out with Bosh then Demar isn't going to put up impressive numbers.

Blake Griffin is in a very crowded frontcourt and until they resolve their logjam, I can't see them letting him learn through his mistakes on the court. He will start, but he will also spend a lot of time on the bench.

James Harden stepped into a team full of scorers. He won't put up ROY numbers.

I don't think the Wolves have a gameplan, and it's going to mess up Flynn's chances.

Stephen Curry will need to be able to co-exist with Monta Ellis, who apparently was promised that GS would not take a PG. So much for that. If the Suns do end up with Curry, he'll be the 4th guard behind Nash, Richardson, and Barbosa. He won't put up numbers as Nash's backup.

Jrue Holiday is a project, and they'd better bring him along slowly. He could be really good in 3 years, or they could burn him out now.

If the Hawks do not resign Bibby, then Jeff Teague will tear it up and be top 5 for ROY.

Terrence Williams is probably in the best position of all rookies. He's stepping into a 20ppg hole, and has the skills to put up rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. The guy has "play of the day" written all over him.

Terrence Williams.

Jays Claw
06-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Breakdown of ROY: ~60% is determined by PPG, people look at points as having the biggest impact on the game, true or not. ~20% rebounding/blocks or assists/steals, depending on your position. ~20% highlight reels, the more you get on sportscenter, the better.

Demar DeRozan shoots 17% from 3. I don't know what Toronto's situation is like right now, if they're playing inside-out with Bosh then Demar isn't going to put up impressive numbers.

Blake Griffin is in a very crowded frontcourt and until they resolve their logjam, I can't see them letting him learn through his mistakes on the court. He will start, but he will also spend a lot of time on the bench.

I don't think the Wolves have a gameplan, and it's going to mess up Flynn's chances.

Stephen Curry will need to be able to co-exist with Monta Ellis, who apparently was promised that GS would not take a PG. So much for that. If the Suns do end up with Curry, he'll be the 4th guard behind Nash, Richardson, and Barbosa. He won't put up numbers as Nash's backup.

Jrue Holiday is a project, and they'd better bring him along slowly. He could be really good in 3 years, or they could burn him out now.

If the Hawks do not resign Bibby, then Jeff Teague will tear it up and be top 5 for ROY.

Terrence Williams is probably in the best position of all rookies. He's stepping into a 20ppg hole, and has the skills to put up rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. The guy has "play of the day" written all over him.

Terrence Williams.

The Toronto Raptors have plenty of shooters, they were one of the best shooting teams in the NBA last year. The Raptors want to make DeRozan more into a slashing and rebounding type of guard. Has a good mid range game too.

IndyRealist
06-27-2009, 12:27 PM
The Toronto Raptors have plenty of shooters, they were one of the best shooting teams in the NBA last year. The Raptors want to make DeRozan more into a slashing and rebounding type of guard. Has a good mid range game too.

Yeah I don't know the Raptor's situation. I do know that they got rid of Kopono though, and DeRozan won't be picking up the slack.

Unec
06-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I think tyreke evans will win it, he is gonna dominate alot of pg's that go up against him (yes vets too) he is 6'5 with a 7'0 wingspan at point guard!!! Wow, so i give the edge to him and he will come in and start and him and kevin martin is a nice backcourt!!

If its not evans then the 1 other person i give the nod to is james harden, he will come stragiht in and start as well and will do good but the only reason i gave the nod to evans is because the kings dont really have that straight go to man(kevin martin is so so sometimes) so he can come straight in and take some pressure off of him, the thunder have durant and jeff green that will do most of the scoring for them and westbrook!!

I say tyreke evans averages: 13pts, 5 asst, 4 rebounds, 1.5 steals
harden averages:10pts, 3 asst, 3 rebounds, 1 steal

watch out for jrue holiday though, he will have a good rookie season and get alot of minutes!!

Unec
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I think blake griffen will be good too but will be up and down and really have some games where we dont know he is even there!!

Phat Pat 94
06-27-2009, 12:48 PM
If Rubio stays you can really make a case for him, but my top 5 in no order are
1)Flynn
2)Derozan
3)Evans
4)Hansbrough-sleeper
5)Griffin

I really think ellington has a chance but didnt want to sound like a homer.

Blah Blah Blah
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Harden. Don't see Griffin doin that well. Curry could win it also but Harden is more polished.

arkanian215
06-27-2009, 02:04 PM
It's gotta be who ever can contribute the most to their team right away. So the weaker their team is right now at the position they play, the better their chance of winning roy. It's really up in the air right now. Could be Jrue Holiday of the 76ers. Jennings has a chance to win if sessions leaves. I can't imagine harden winning just because of all the talent on that team. He would be the third/4th option.

jsumadchat
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM

people are getting sick of this comparison, i know... but derozan had better numbers in his one year at usc than vince did in his three years at unc. vince won the ROY and turned out to be a pretty good player. all im saying is that derozan IS in a good situation. he will be guaranteed minutes, at a position the raptors have had no solid force at since VC left. our starting SG the last 2 years has been jamario freaking moon for crying out loud...

cowboyz180
06-27-2009, 02:15 PM
James Harden or maybe Tryeke Evans

cwilson21
06-27-2009, 02:20 PM
DeRozan and Holiday will not win it. They are far from having polished games and will not have great success their first season.

JWO35
06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
DaJuan Summers is a lock for Rookie of the Year and Sixth man of the Year!!!
:laugh:

Theanswer76
06-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Derozan!

loufor2
06-27-2009, 02:49 PM
JRUE HOLIDAY- sixers need pg help and he will make the biggest impact defensively. It might not show up in the box score so much.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-27-2009, 02:55 PM
blake prob... but my sleeper is Terrence Williams

blah-blah
06-27-2009, 02:58 PM
DeMar Derozan

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
J. Flynn in Minny. He's gonna prove that they don't need Rubio.

Glenfidish
06-27-2009, 03:21 PM
DeRozan seems to be winning in this forum so far..Do the count..
Im also for DD a.k.a (The Great) to win..

Tqafg96
06-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Jordan Hill any one?!?!?
Hes on a team with their star PF walking, and 2 laughing stock centers, hes bound to get enough minutes...

jsumadchat
06-27-2009, 03:46 PM
i could see j hill putting up the same numbers that brook lopez did in NJ. flashes of brilliance here and there. i dont really think t will hasa shot, hes got devin harris probably playing the 2, lee backing him up, then rafer at the point. if he gets lots of minutes at the 3 then he'll put up respectable numbers, but theres too much on that team already

Phat Pat 94
06-27-2009, 03:56 PM
not J Hill. Hes Balkman in the flesh.

DWADE4MVP!!
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
not J Hill. Hes Balkman in the flesh.

umm idk about that
balkman had no offensive game jordan hill has some offensive game and potential in that area...y do u think he went 8th in the draft???
Jordan hill is goin to be a beast in the NBA come 3 years

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Balkman's nose is about the size of Hill's arm. That's the only comparison I see.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Griffin

nyanks79
06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Yea ROY usually goes by numbers. And you know Hill will get his numbers in Daintonis system. Still think Blake is the favorite but Hill could put up some numbers.

BIGDRE24
06-27-2009, 04:28 PM
i pulling for demar derozan i went to school with him "straight outta compton" lol wishin him the best of luck!!!

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 04:35 PM
2 top 10 picks came straight outta motha ****in' compton. (jennings at 10) rip eazy e

ManRam
06-27-2009, 04:58 PM
James Harden. I think he fits in so well with OKC. He should start at SG, if not at the start of the season, definitely very shortly. He wont have tons of pressure. I also think he's as NBA ready as anyone in the draft. Sure, Durant and Westbrook and Green will be the focal points, but Harden will get his.

Kings Faithful
06-27-2009, 05:18 PM

Terrence Williams.

Couldn't find a reason for Tyreke Evans not to win it or did you just forget that he exists?

blujaysrock
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm going with Demar Derozan I think he'll get the minutes he need sin TO and he def. hast the potential.

Living Legend
06-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Curry

ROY 2010

Write it in, bank on it, bet the farm.

LaL09champs
06-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Jordan Hill any one?!?!?
Hes on a team with their star PF walking, and 2 laughing stock centers, hes bound to get enough minutes...

yea i was about to say that but i also like curry

dsickich123
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
JAMES HARDEN BABY!!!
He will get the ball a lot in OKC...
even though the ball will mostly go to Durant and Westbrook (maybe even Green)
None of those three players are selfish
James Harden will get his...
I can see him averaging around 15ppg, 4rpg, 4ast

dsickich123
06-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Ricky Rubio
Johnny Flynn
Demar Derozan
Stephen Curry
Jordan Hill
Hasheem Thabeet
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Jrue Holiday
Other

Phxtoday
06-28-2009, 12:58 PM
i really like james harden, jordan hill, and johnny flynn.

but i think harden has got a real shot if him and durant can become a deadly 2-3 combo

dsickich123
06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah I really think that Harden will get a lot of options....
even though they already have Durant, Westbrook, and Green
I think he can average about 15ppg

Catfish1314
06-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Blake Griffin, Tyreke Evans, or James Harden. They have the NBA ready bodies, skills, and opportunities. All three will most likely start from Day 1 (Griffin is Griffin, the Kings love him and have no point guard, and Thabo Sefalosha is best suited as a 6th man).

loki34
06-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Taylor Griffin

jehovah joe
06-28-2009, 01:31 PM
curry or harden

The_Pharouh
06-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Rubio if he played in the NBA next season
Curry is me 2nd choice with Griffin&Hill after

Robbw241
06-28-2009, 01:58 PM
T Will...

Ryan328
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I think it'll be between Tyreke Evans and James Harden. With that said I'm gonna go with Evans.

jackyyy
06-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Evans

yanksknicksgmen
06-28-2009, 07:33 PM
jordan hill

Knicks Faithful
06-28-2009, 08:58 PM

Heres 3, Zach Randolph, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman.

Jays Claw
06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I would have to go with either James Harden or Tyreke Evans.

Don't count out DeMar DeRozan though.

E.O.21
06-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Im going with griifin, but theres a guy called Terrence Williams who i think is very underrated and will be in the top 5

dee279
06-29-2009, 12:14 AM
T-Will will get it mark my words this guy is a beast

Yeah he really is.

dee279
06-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I say James Harden because he reminds me of OJ Mayo

ryguy2k7
06-29-2009, 12:25 AM
I said Flynn because Rubio likely won't be in MN to start next year so Flynn will. He will lead the Wolves to more victories than last year easily. Lots of playing time.

GCOOKIE7
06-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Harden... but I hope Derozan. He will be the worst player on the starting lineup if we get Marion back, but I think he will pick up a lot of scraps and get good numbers.

Kdirt
06-29-2009, 12:40 AM
That's easy. Stephen Curry!

SA5195
06-29-2009, 12:50 AM
i kno its gonna be griffin, but i still want derozan to be rookie of the year!

toovey107
06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
brandon jennings is a ****ing tool who i hope is a huge bust

but james harden is my pick

gswlal
06-29-2009, 02:05 AM
1.Blake Griffin - i say prob. 12-20 ppg
2.Johnny Flynn
3.Brandon Jennings
4.Tyreke Evans
5.Stephen Curry

rookie of the year - Blake Griffin
Most suprising rookie- Patty Mills

predictions?????:D

Crooks&Castles
06-29-2009, 02:13 AM
i think stephen curry puts up a lot of points..

upwards of 18.. and 5 assts

griffin i say with mixed PT around 17 and 8

Harden i think does good alll around.. he can do it all.

jennings i dont see in top 5. not with the bucks... flynn will do good. Evans good too..

Ill say in top 3

1. curry
2. griffin
3. harden

idk y tho, but i think calathes might be decent. So hed be the one to surprise people

GSRaider
06-29-2009, 02:27 AM
In no order... Curry, griffin and harden

Kyben36
06-29-2009, 02:29 AM
IDK, I dont see any team making the playoffs, so that would have helped some players.

Im going to go Harden or Curry, Curry is going to score.

Kakaroach
06-29-2009, 02:41 AM
I'll go with Tyreke Evans. He's on the Kings, so he will get a lot of playing time.

OA SLAY
06-29-2009, 02:42 AM
gfiffin-Harden-Evans-Jordan Hill (knicks fan)-Flynn

asandhu23
06-29-2009, 03:31 AM
GRIFFIN WILL BE A BUST..same with brandon jennings. Stephen Curry will be ROY. surprise rookie will be either DeJuan Blair or Tyler Hansbrough.

and next year, patty mills will be the most improved

hoop talk
06-29-2009, 04:43 AM
Curry,Griffin,Harden,Flynn,Evens- Basically the only franchise-mold players

Since ROY is about who scores the most it will be Curry.
Surprise rookie: Sam Young (no love for this guy from anyone)

LakersIn5
06-29-2009, 08:29 AM
too early to decide. how would we know who becomes a bust and who becomes good?

morrison was predicted to win the ROY but we all know what happened

LakersIn5
06-29-2009, 08:35 AM

monster IN COLLEGE. we have yet to see him become a monster in the NBA. olowokandi was a monster in college, kwame was a monster in HS, morrison was a scoring monster in college.

griffin will be the next olowokandi! a.k.a bust

BALLER71
06-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Evans or Harden.

uncblue2332
06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Curry's stats with be boosted with that run n gun offense nellie has so I say curry but my top 5 looks like this

1. Steph Curry
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Jonny Flynn (if they trade rubio/goes back to spain)
4. James Harden
5. Terrence Williams

By the way Fukk the Nets for taking Williams away from the Bobcats

Honest Truth
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
people are getting sick of this comparison, i know... but derozan had better numbers in his one year at usc than vince did in his three years at unc. vince won the ROY and turned out to be a pretty good player. all im saying is that derozan IS in a good situation. he will be guaranteed minutes, at a position the raptors have had no solid force at since VC left. our starting SG the last 2 years has been jamario freaking moon for crying out loud...

Valid points but Moon was starting at SF and Anthony Parker was starting at SG for the Raptors.

As for my choice, I will go with Flynn. He has desire to succeed and can be a great sparkplug at the one assuming Rubio does not play in Minnesota this season. He will get plenty of minutes, has some great low players to dish to and can get to the basket. I can see him easily winning ROY.

randomness
06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
1. Blake Griffin
2. Jordan Hill
3. Stephen Curry
4. Ricky Rubio (if he plays) (if not) = Johnny Flynn
5. Hasheem Thabeet

ROY: Blake Griffin
Surprising rookie: Jodie Meeks

HOZ THE KNICK
06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
jordan hill will put monster numbers up over here.

LakersIn5
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Valid points but Moon was starting at SF and Anthony Parker was starting at SG for the Raptors.

As for my choice, I will go with Flynn. He has desire to succeed and can be a great sparkplug at the one assuming Rubio does not play in Minnesota this season. He will get plenty of minutes, has some great low players to dish to and can get to the basket. I can see him easily winning ROY.

how do you guys know that flynn will be getting the minutes in minny? and just because he will be getting the minutes how do you guys know that he will produce?

Mile High Champ
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
DeMar "Heir Canada" DeRozan Rookie of the Year!

CELTICS4LYFE
06-29-2009, 10:20 AM
i think haseem is goin ta b a bust, he reminds me too much of kwame

RicoSteel
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Austin Daye...He will have to play. Pistons won't have anyone on their roster.

RicoSteel
06-29-2009, 10:24 AM
i think haseem is goin ta b a bust, he reminds me too much of kwame

Thabeet will be much better than Kwame. Kwame is lazy.

pebloemer
06-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Top five:

I like Curry, Evans, Griffin in the top five for sure. Hill may have a nice statistical season under D'Antoni. And I'll take Flynn with my final choice.

Rubio's circumstance for next year is still unknown. Harden will have to share the ball with Durant, Westbrook, Green - so even though I expect him to be solid, I'm not sure how the stats will translate. Thabeet has not sold me yet on anything but his height. He seems capable to be a great defensive anchor if he lives up to his potential, but there aren't enough statistics in that for him to get voted in. DeRozan should get some meaningful minutes, but I'm not sure he'll get enough shots to be in the running. Jennings is in for a harsh reality when he steps on the court I think. He needs a better shot to be more affective IMO. I'd expect Terrence Williams, Gerald Henderson and Tyler Hansborough to all have good rookie campaigns, but moreso as role players.

To me that leaves the significant names to be Curry, Evans, Griffin, Flynn and Hill. I think they will get ample playing time and looks to make names for themselves.

My wild card is Earl Clark. He definitely has the talent to surprise people if he puts it together on the NBA floor.

nyknygnyy09
06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Thabeet = Samuel Dalembert

1. Curry --> Mayo type of player, putting up great numbers but I think he won't have enough demensions in his game to be great
2. Jonny Flynn --> Dishing to two big guys down low, look for Love to be a 20-10 guy this year (maybe a bit less than 20-10 but you know what i mean)
3. Harden --> actually the best rookie, but stats won't reflect it. Very well-rounded, OKC is gonna be a monster in the years coming.
4. Jordan Hill --> Solid guy, not flashy, athletic and can run with D'Antoni, I think 12-7 sounds about right
5. DeRozan --> Flashy player that can drop some buckets up in Toronto, I think he'll be a Ben Gordon type player in a couple years.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Curry will win, he fits perfect with GS...

Raps18-19 Champ
06-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Depends.

Derozen, Hill, and Curry are in the best position to win.

Raps have no wing right now and Derozen can take advantage of that. He is a beast and I think he will live up to his potential.

Curry is built for the Run-and-Gun and will excel in that system. He is a pure shooter and he will get more than enough open shots.

Hill is the only big man the Knicks have and also looks like he will do good in the Run-and-Gun system seeing as he will be the only one rebounding and scoring in the post.

nyknygnyy09
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM
oops! forgot about Griffin, ill slide him in at #3 there between Flynn and Harden. I see 10 ppg and 12 rpg.

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 10:42 AM
1.Brandon Jennings
2.James Harden
3.Blake Griffin
4.Tyreke Evans
5.Stephen Curry

if sessions isnt signed back, jennings will really stand out as a good player

Tom81
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
hope earl clark will be top 5

Raps18-19 Champ
06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
In no order

Griffin-Beast.20 and 10 machine

Derozen-Biggest potential to be superstar. Will tyake advantage of Raptors wing problem.

Curry-Perfect fit for the Run-and-Gun.

Hill-Only rebounder on the Knick. Seems like a good fit for the Run-and-Gun .

Clark-IMO, the second coming of Shawn Marion. Will be perfect for the Suns' offense. If Amar'e leaves, he will get atleast 15ppg and 7rpg.

29$JerZ
06-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Blake Griffen - They will make him get minutes
Steph Curry - In a scoring system
Jordan Hill - In Mike D'Antoni's system, will be given a good amount of minutes since he'll fit well and plays defense
Gerald Henderson - Bobcats will use him a lot imo.
Demar Derozan - Toronto needed a SG/SF and they got what they wanted. I expect him to shine their.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Evans,Harden,Curry Or Hill

Isn't Hill more compared to Bosh than Amar'e.

asandhu23
06-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Curry will win, he fits perfect with GS...

yes he does. its destiny. look at my sig. you will find a very certain toddler and a certain coach in the background. we've had eyes on curry for THAT long

faridk89
06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
James Harden, evans, derozan

Bucks_Packers
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I think DeJuan Blair could get alot of playing time, and him playing for a good team will get him more media attention. Rookie of the year is just a popularity contest anyways

Macedonian
06-29-2009, 02:52 PM
DeMar DeRozan

asandhu23
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
DeMar DeRozan

hey macedonian... we might be related. my family descends down from one of the soldiers from alexander's campaign who stayed behind in india. in my family alexander is called sikander

SpeedyRecovery
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
DeMar DeRozan

clutchski
06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
DeMar has a GREAT opportunity with the Raps! So does Curry though..

DCSportsIsPain
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Harden. Not much style but a lot of substance.
On the court, that is. I don't mean his draft day wardrobe.

GiantYankKnicks
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Isn't Hill more compared to Bosh than Amar'e.

Yea but hes playing under D'Antoni so i figured i would put Amare2.0

NYYCowboys
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Not to sound like a complete homer, but I honestly think Jordan Hill may win it. He's pretty talented and playing in a system that really brings out what he does best. But if I had to choose someone else I'd take Stephen Curry.

dsickich123
06-30-2009, 12:04 AM
If Durant was not in OKC, James Harden would be a for sure thing....
(GOOD THING THAT DURANT IS IN OKC THOUGH BECAUSE IM AN EX-SONICS TURNED OKC FAN)
But I dont want to sound like a homer either but JAmes Harden is for sure the most NBA ready player in the draft...
I think that even with Durant, Green and Westbrook on the team, Harden still has a good chance to be rookie pf the year....
HE IS THE MOST FOR SURE THING...
HE WILL GET HIS STATS NO DOUBT (ROY stats...im not sure)
but... he will average about 15ppg, 4rpg, and 4assists

Crooks&Castles
06-30-2009, 01:17 AM
hey macedonian... we might be related. my family descends down from one of the soldiers from alexander's campaign who stayed behind in india. in my family alexander is called sikander

me too

sikander singh

Westbrook36
06-30-2009, 01:33 AM
I think that Harden has a awesome chance on the Thunder with his old school game and they will be putting up a ton of points this season. I think Blake Griffin also has a great chance but with that huge jam at PF/C on the Clippers he might see less time then most people expect. Tyreke Evans has a awesome chance of getting it because he will be running the show and he will be racking up more assist then people expect with that downlow combo of Jefferson and Love. Thabeet also might have a awesome chance defensively but offensively he might not put up the best numbers to win it.

Jordan Hill and Curry are both playing in awesome systems to put up the numbers and they both have a great chance. It's going to be a very interesting race..Alot of people have a chance to win it.

jmastert
06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
derozen has no shot. u guys must be kidding with all these votes. anyone whose anyone nos he hates toronto, and wants out of there as soon as possible. an unhappy player leads to poor performances. he is very raw offensively.

its either blake or flynn.

Tyreke evens is a work in progress hes to young and not mature enough. idc how he will have a great opportunity. so will every other lottery pick player, there all on bad teams. hence the reason they didnt make playoffs.
and y the **** isnt terrance williams on this, he has a better chance then half these mo fos.

The Prodigy
06-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Either Stephen or Jennings for me

jmastert
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
how can stephen curry get so many votes, he isnt even there number 1 or 2 guy. hes behind ellis and capt. jack. he still competes for the 3 with anthony randolph. he definitely has a better chance than derozen. seriously get off this dudes ****

jsumadchat
06-30-2009, 01:44 AM
jmastert wheres all the hate coming from. again, how many players come in from college looking to DEVELOP a jumper? you hate on derozan for being raw offensively? GRIFFIN IS THE EPITOME OF RAW. he cant create his own shot, he doesnt have a shot, and all he does is power it down low. griffin is probably the 5th option on that team. you have baron davis, zach randolph, chris kaman, and eric gordon who all have more of an offensive game than griff does. btw, have you talked to demar? because unless you're his agent or best friend, he seems content with the situation in toronto, knowing he has a potential shot at the starting lineup

Afridi786
06-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Jordan Hill, his rebounding numbers will be good due to his system just like Biedrens and Lee, and he will put up plenty shots like everyone else on the team, in the end he'll end up averaging 16/10.

theuuord
06-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Only here would Curry+DeRozan combined have five times as many votes as Griffin.

Gotta love PSD...

Yung N Fly
06-30-2009, 03:01 AM
My top 3 choices for ROY would be:

1-Blake Griffin
2-Jordan Hill
3-Tyreke Evans

Living Legend
06-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Curry is gonna be a beast

dsickich123
06-30-2009, 09:55 AM
I am not one of the guys that thinks Stephen Curry or Demar Derozan is goin to win ROY....
i voted for JAMES HARDEN...I think he has the best chance to show what he can do in the young OKC system...

But I dont know why everyone is hatin on the picks of Curry and Derozan...
I think that the reason that they are getting picked is that they could both start from day 1
They will both get a ton of minutes and I think that is what everybody is looking at.

ROY is not about talent or potential....it is 100% about stats...
and minutes=stats...

makin sense now?

mitch91
06-30-2009, 10:05 AM
i voted curry, because of the system he is in, but then again nelson is crazy and the minutes he gives his rookies changes every day.

i thought blake would get more love, not sure about derozan or harden. i think curry will get more of a chance to score, even though he will b behind alot of players, though so will harden and derozan. the more i think about it the more im not sure, for me its between blake and curry

Brooklyn Mets
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
i think Curry is going to do real well for himself playing in the Warriors up-tempo style of ball

jrice9
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Imo here's the top 5

1, Harden
2, Curry
3, Derzozen
4, Rubio (if he comes)
5, Griffin

aman_13
06-30-2009, 11:12 AM
derozen has no shot. u guys must be kidding with all these votes. anyone whose anyone nos he hates toronto, and wants out of there as soon as possible. an unhappy player leads to poor performances. he is very raw offensively.

its either blake or flynn.

Tyreke evens is a work in progress hes to young and not mature enough. idc how he will have a great opportunity. so will every other lottery pick player, there all on bad teams. hence the reason they didnt make playoffs.
and y the **** isnt terrance williams on this, he has a better chance then half these mo fos.

How the **** do you know if Derozan hates Toronto? Do you know him? Anyways, for me its either Blake, Curry, Rubio, Flynn, Harden, or Derozan for rookie of the year.

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Evans will get the best chance, but Curry could take it if he continues to shoot the lights out... Griffin has to be in the discussion too

i have to laugh at whoever mentioned Hill... he will be a good player but never an award anything winner

dsickich123
07-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Keep votin...
Its between curry and derozan i guess....?

Toxeryll
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
wow... clippers sure got few fans

GodsSon
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
i'll vote DeMar as my homer pick, and to help boost his number buuuut i'll say Jennings will take it

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Jennings because of what he could do to help that team, like what Rose did for Bulls.

JM09
07-01-2009, 11:13 PM
David Stern says Griffin... What David Sterns wants, David Stern gets. Like a #1 overall pick to big market LA Clipps

jsumadchat
07-01-2009, 11:14 PM
comapring rose and jennings is not even fair. rose was a stud in college.. jennings was a scrub in europe... if the NBA is the elite basketball league in the world, jennings' career looks grim.

dsickich123
07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Not many people think Harden has a chance...?

He is likely to start at SG on a young OKC team...