PDA

View Full Version : Session now a RFA

soxnfins
06-27-2009, 12:19 AM
We made a qualifying offer to him.

The Bucks made a qualifying offer to guard Ramon Sessions on Friday.
That makes him a restricted free agent, meaning the Bucks can match any other offer he receives.

via rotoworld and the Racine Journal Times

Bucks24226
06-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Poop

Bucks24226
06-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't want him, unless it's cheap

BlinkManJan02
06-27-2009, 01:01 PM
how long do other teams have to make an offer? also any idea what we offered him?

crewfan13
06-27-2009, 01:09 PM
If I had to guess, I would say we didn't really offer him too much. After taking Jennings, you gotta figure he's our future PG so Ramon is prolly gonna wanna go elsewhere. We prolly just offered him a contract just to see if we can get him back for cheap, otherwise we'll move on with Ridinour keeping the spot warm till Jennings is ready.

BlinkManJan02
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
yeah that makes sense.
do we get a second round pick (thats where he was drafted) if he signs somewhere else, like with NFL RFA's? I'm not sure how that works in the NBA.

Bucks24226
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
^^ no

crewfan13
06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
OK, I looked up restriced free agent stuff on the internet. Generally qualifying offers have to be the veterans minimum plus $175,000 or 125% of the players contract, whichever is bigger, and the qualifying offer is a one year contract. If the player accepts the qualifying offer, he becomes an unrestricted FA next season. He has until March 1 to accept the offer so I think other teams have until that time to offer a contract to him. If a team makes an offer to a RFA the original team has seven days to match the offer. No compensation is given if the offer is not matched. Also, if the team matches the offer sheet, that player cannot be traded unitl three months after they sign or until December 15 unless the player is a rookie. A rookie can be traded 30 days after he's signed his contract.

I hope that this clears some stuff up for you, but if you want some more info this site is really informative. http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q76

BlinkManJan02
06-27-2009, 02:17 PM
yeah that makes sense, thanks a lot

Bucks_Packers
06-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah we only gave him 20% more than his last year salary of 887k. We wont overpay. John Hammond seems like he knows what to do and i trust him.

countrycasanova
07-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Knicks To Call Bucks About Sessions

More Bucks News
Ilyasova, Bucks Agree On Three-Year Deal
Bucks Links

Jul 18, 2009 11:02 AM EST
Gery Woelfel reports that the Knicks covet point guard Ramon Sessions and want to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bucks' restricted free-agent. Failing that, the Knicks will look to sign Sessions to an offer sheet at the mid-level exception.

Via Twitter

Milwaukee Bucks, New York Knicks

If the teams agreed to do a sign-n-trade would buck fans agree to this proposal...

Bucks: Harrington (20 pts. a game/expiring contract)/Duhon(expiring contract)
Knicks: Sessions/Kurt Thomas/Ridnour

Bucks:
Bogut
Harrington
Alexander
Redd
Duhon/Jennings

xwashableclothx
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Knicks To Call Bucks About Sessions

More Bucks News
Ilyasova, Bucks Agree On Three-Year Deal
Bucks Links

Jul 18, 2009 11:02 AM EST
Gery Woelfel reports that the Knicks covet point guard Ramon Sessions and want to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bucks' restricted free-agent. Failing that, the Knicks will look to sign Sessions to an offer sheet at the mid-level exception.

Via Twitter

Milwaukee Bucks, New York Knicks

If the teams agreed to do a sign-n-trade would buck fans agree to this proposal...

Bucks: Harrington (20 pts. a game/expiring contract)/Duhon(expiring contract)
Knicks: Sessions/Kurt Thomas/Ridnour

Bucks:
Bogut
Harrington
Alexander
Redd
Duhon/Jennings

i would have no problem with a sign/trade but not for that, it does nothing, thomas/ridnour both expire after this year so tradeing them plus Sessions for other expiring contracts doesnt make to much sense

now if you guys take Gadzurics contract from us then maybe we might have something

countrycasanova
07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
^^^Aint gon happen. You guys would get two starters that are expiring, that's the point. You know we aint taking back a bad contract...2010.

BlinkManJan02
07-18-2009, 09:27 PM
this is interesting. dang it though i like sessions, i really hope he stays in milwaukee.

jay87shot
07-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I would think about that trade maybe adjust it. Sessions, Thomas for Harrington I'd do that. Maybe throw in bowen if the money isn't right. We need a second scorer and pf and harrington would fit the bill.

wissportsfan
07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
I would think about that trade maybe adjust it. Sessions, Thomas for Harrington I'd do that. Maybe throw in bowen if the money isn't right. We need a second scorer and pf and harrington would fit the bill.

I'm going to have to agree with you. As far as another scorer, Harrington would probably fit the bill the best. As far as the trade, it would probably work. I would hate to see Sessions go though because I know he's going to become real good someday.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
i have a feeling he will be wearing a knicks uniform at the start of the season what do you guys think?

slaker619
07-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Never Gonna Get Him Though

C-Dub
07-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I think its in the best interest of Milwaukee to keep Sessions and Jennings and dish our Ridnour. We wouldnt have a PG problem for like 10 years, and we all know they are both awesome players.

As for that NY trade, it would be great to have Harrington imo because he can score, duhon is a pretty good pg too though, he averaged like 11 ppg and 7 asp last season and did pretty good for me in fantasy. id rather keep sessions though and try to trade ridnour and Redd for a consistant scoring Sg or SF

still a fan
07-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I really do not think a trade will happen, its too late, the Knicks seem prepared to make a 5 yr committment to Sessions which the Bucks will probably not match.

If they do match the 5 yr starting at 5.8 with annual increases then they cannot trade him for one yr, and will gamble he is tradeable for that contract come next season.

This goes against everything the bucks have done this off season and will hamper your draft pick because Sessions will have to get big minutes to warrant a trade next yr.

I can see Duhon going however which will benefit the bucks because he is also an MLE but expires this season. so he has dual advantages to step in temp. and/ or trade him by the trade deadline with his 6.1 expiring having value.

But the Knicks might hold that value as well and gamble the Bucks don't match this 5 yr deal.

Interesting...........

BelieveTheDream
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
whats going on guys knicks fan here....as you knw theres some rumors out there that we could potentially go out and pry sessions away from you, personally i think he could fit here perfect but i wanted to see what you guys thought of him....and would you be mad if he leaves your team??

wissportsfan
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
whats going on guys knicks fan here....as you knw theres some rumors out there that we could potentially go out and pry sessions away from you, personally i think he could fit here perfect but i wanted to see what you guys thought of him....and would you be mad if he leaves your team??

He's a very good player and will become a good player. Therefore, yes I personally would be mad if we traded him to you guys.

BelieveTheDream
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
He's a very good player and will become a good player. Therefore, yes I personally would be mad if we traded him to you guys.

yea i hear you... when you guys drafted jennings i was real surprised because personally i feel sessions could become a franchise pg...

C-Dub
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
i think having them both would be even better, they can grow and develop with eachother and wed have amazing depth at pg

xwashableclothx
07-20-2009, 08:45 PM
can the knicks just offer already so we can match and be done....

C-Dub
07-20-2009, 10:51 PM
they seem pretty interested in Andre Miller, arent they about to offer them a mid level contract?

Weezy
07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
they seem pretty interested in Andre Miller, arent they about to offer them a mid level contract?

Yea he is in the field also but it really looks like we are interested in Sessions right now.

jay87shot
07-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Sessions is a very good young improving player. If the knicks offer 5 years the bucks cant/wont match because there would be problems with jennings. Ridnour is a fa after this year and it would give jennings a year to learn before he takes the reigns. I would love to have Ramon for the next 5 years but I think we are commited to Jennings.

C-Dub
07-21-2009, 08:38 AM
they are both excellent players so having either one or both is fine with me

favre_4life
07-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Sessions is a good player, but Jennings has that thing that scouts love tons and tons of POTENTIAL.

ValuePick
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Sessions is a good player, but Jennings has that thing that scouts love tons and tons of POTENTIAL.

Right, I think Sessions is a real good player, but I would not match any ridiculous offer from NY. Him leaving would not be the end of the world.

the unknown
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
i dont know sessions game at all.. i mad mixed feelings about him.. he had that 24 assist game i said wow.. but i looked at his stats.. 17% from down town.. wtf is he really that bad of a shooter or just lost confidence... who does he compare to if he completely develops

Bucks24226
07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
^^ Andre Miller

xwashableclothx
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
well from what i have been hearing it is going to be a 4 year around $26.5m, i still think we are going to match it, i really don't see Hammond or Skiles likeing the idea of only haveing a 29 yr old and a 19 yr old PG
Ridnour has an expiring so i really don't think it would be that hard to move him if we needed to or wanted to

we will see but hopefully we will match

ClipperfanKevin
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
what would it take in a s&t with the Clippers? our organization is really interested in him.

Brew Crew
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
what would it take in a s&t with the Clippers? our organization is really interested in him.

That one #1 pick of yours this year

C-Dub
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
you can give us camby or kaman for sessions, i believe that is pretty fair. i love the cambyman from his denver days!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
he will be a knick with a 5yr 35 mil deal but the bucks can match if they want to but does that make any sense?

ValuePick
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
he will be a knick with a 5yr 35 mil deal but the bucks can match if they want to but does that make any sense?

Do you have a source?

the unknown
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
sessions is a bum...

IndyFan
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
it looks like sessions will get the MLE from someone. i think MIL has the money [just barely] to match. sessions seems to be worth that much, in a trade if nothing else. bucks would be foolish not to match.

:)

oldman
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I would really like to have Sessions on the Pacers. Buck fans, would you be interested in a S&T for one of our PG's?

Bucks24226
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
no

C-Dub
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Tinsley and a ton of money maybe.... but no not really

oldman
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
How about Tinsley for Bowen and Sessions?

countrycasanova
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
well from what i have been hearing it is going to be a 4 year around $26.5m, i still think we are going to match it, i really don't see Hammond or Skiles likeing the idea of only haveing a 29 yr old and a 19 yr old PG
Ridnour has an expiring so i really don't think it would be that hard to move him if we needed to or wanted to

we will see but hopefully we will match

Really don't know how yall feel about ridnour, but a simple sign-n-trade involving duhon for sessions would suffice. Duhon/Jennings sharing the point would be ideal for yall, plus skiles is familiar w/Duhon.

C-Dub
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
id rahter have sessions but duhon would be a great backup

xwashableclothx
07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Really don't know how yall feel about ridnour, but a simple sign-n-trade involving duhon for sessions would suffice. Duhon/Jennings sharing the point would be ideal for yall, plus skiles is familiar w/Duhon.

Duhon for Sessions won't happen or does it make sense for the Bucks, signing and tradeing a 23 year old PG for a guy who will be gone after this season? o yes that makes perfect sense

and to the guy who said a sign and trade with the pacers for Tinsley(whihc would have never happened anyways).... http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoHllfl1gBqqKROrOktRmXiZPKB4?slug=ap-pacers-tinsley&prov=ap&type=lgns

wissportsfan
07-23-2009, 02:02 AM
To be honest, I hate Duhon. I don't think Skiles and Duhon reunion would be a good idea.

cameroncrazies2
07-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Over on the Knicks message board they were discussing how bad Duhon is and how they want him traded so bad, but then when a sign and trade for Sessions came up, they all jumped on a Duhon-Sessions sign and trade and praised Duhon like he's the next Stockton. Ahh New Yorkers.

Anyway, a Duhon-Sessions trade is stupid, why would we trade a PG of the future for a career backup? Especially when they play the same position.

still a fan
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Over on the Knicks message board they were discussing how bad Duhon is and how they want him traded so bad, but then when a sign and trade for Sessions came up, they all jumped on a Duhon-Sessions sign and trade and praised Duhon like he's the next Stockton. Ahh New Yorkers.

Anyway, a Duhon-Sessions trade is stupid, why would we trade a PG of the future for a career backup? Especially when they play the same position.

LOL not sure you got your facts straight:)

there is not one Knick fan who doesn't think he makes a great backup. As a starter last yr he did great in the first half, he now holds the Knicks all time single game assist record.
But teams and scouts caught up with his game of the pick and roll and that hindered his game a bit.
Getting duhon who skiles likes is better than just letting Sessions go for nothing. the added plus is he expires and could be had for cheap the following yr the Bucks are concentrating on holding his bird rights, or renouncing him.

With the moves the Bucks have made its very obvious what direction your heading and again duhon is better than nothing. Lets put it this way he won't hurt only help, and he won't hurt your cap.

countrycasanova
07-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Don't know if the Bucks cheap management would take Harrington for a year; but he is a big expiring contract. He fits a need (PF) and could compliment Bogut. Sessions/filler for Harrington is still agood deal to me; can't understand how buck fans can hate on this one.
Bogut
Harrington
Alexander
Redd
Ridnour/Jennings

jay87shot
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I would love a s&t for Campby. Maybe sessions and gadz for camby if the money works. Wouldn't mind Harrington for a year if it save us cap for 2010.

C-Dub
07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
harrington likes to hit 3s and not rebound, thats why he isnt a good idea. the bucks would get out rabounded every game

xwashableclothx
07-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Don't know if the Bucks cheap management would take Harrington for a year; but he is a big expiring contract. He fits a need (PF) and could compliment Bogut. Sessions/filler for Harrington is still agood deal to me; can't understand how buck fans can hate on this one.
Bogut
Harrington
Alexander
Redd
Ridnour/Jennings

NO

and dont come on here and insult our team when your teams franchise plan is to sign Lebron who will never leave a championship contender come to new york to play with a bunch of garbage role players

countrycasanova
07-29-2009, 10:21 PM
^^^LOL. Yall offseason moves speak for themselves; I was just stating fact. P.S. If we don't get 'bron and will be good w/STAT & a sidekick.

xwashableclothx
07-30-2009, 02:21 AM
^^^LOL. Yall offseason moves speak for themselves; I was just stating fact. P.S. If we don't get 'bron and will be good w/STAT & a sidekick.

yes our offseasons moves do speak for themselves, we are going in the right direction
what does the knicks offseason say? absolutley nothing cause they didn't do jack
bucks offseason...
1. get rid of either 1 of the big contracts in Redd or RJ [done]
2. draft best player availible in 1st round and get another second round steal [done]
3. don't make an offer on Charlie V who plays no defense [done]
4. trade Malik Allen for 2 young prospects [unofically done]
5. Waive or trade Bowen before he is owed his full contract
6. Match offers to Sessions
7. Get back a healthy Redd and Bogut
^ thats our offseason...

lets see what have the knicks done....
1. draft [done]
2. trade for Darco [done]

yep the knicks offseason is so much better than the bucks haha

Brew Crew
07-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Don't know if the Bucks cheap management [/COLOR]

Is that why the Bucks we're pushing the salary cap? Is that why we maxed out on Michael Redd and gave him $90 mil?

Rather be cheap now then be stupid with money like the Knicks are...

countrycasanova
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
^^^^That contract yall gave REDD speaks for itself. But at least yall didn't throw the house at Vill.Don't worry my knicks about to get "healthy"; we still trying to iron out mistakes from our last two GM's.

countrycasanova
07-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Harrington>>Bucks Options at PF

xwashableclothx
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
^^^^That contract yall gave REDD speaks for itself. But at least yall didn't throw the house at Vill.Don't worry my knicks about to get "healthy"; we still trying to iron out mistakes from our last two GM's.

the thing is you guys arent doing anything to straighten out your team your just sitting pat

at least John Hammond is doing stuff to clean out Larry Harris's mess, ive said it before and ill say it again, Hammond is the real person who put together the Pistons team(look what Dumars is doing without him) and i am 100% confident he will make us a winning franchise

oldman
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
The Pacers and Celtics are trying to find a third party to conclude a trade for Daniels. Do you think the Bucks would like to get involved? Here is my thought.

Bucks get Jeff Foster

Celtics get Daniels and Bowen

Pacers get Sessions an Walker

GOGY'S MAGAZINE
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM
The Pacers and Celtics are trying to find a third party to conclude a trade for Daniels. Do you think the Bucks would like to get involved? Here is my thought.

Bucks get Jeff Foster

Celtics get Daniels and Bowen

Pacers get Sessions an Walker

Good Dream....!! :clap::clap::clap: jAjAjAjAjAjAjA.....!!