PDA

View Full Version : Where will Ricky Rubio play next season?

DRE'-MAC
06-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I've heard that he will play in Minnesota despite rumors that he hates the cold
I've heard that he will play in Europe next season because he hates the cold
I've heard that he will play in New York next season after the Knicks trade for him
I've heard that he will play in Houston next season after Darryl Morey gets him

Where do yall think he will play?

I honestly think New York

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
real Madrid for 4 or 5 years.

Sadly

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Europe probably. And Minnesota will trade the rights to him and grab a top player in next year's draft

DieHardColtsfan
06-26-2009, 03:13 PM
:pray: New York--- Please

tromo9
06-26-2009, 03:33 PM
i dont understand why you would draft a guy who may not play for your team seems like a waste to me....than again i understand its hard to pass up on talent but any guy who wants to play in the nba but doesnt wanna play somewhere where its cold should be laughed at

TMBRWLVS9
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
i dont understand why you would draft a guy who may not play for your team seems like a waste to me....than again i understand its hard to pass up on talent but any guy who wants to play in the nba but doesnt wanna play somewhere where its cold should be laughed at

If he really does not want to play in Minny, then kudos to the Wolves for A) Taking the best player left in the draft, and B) Saying all the right things to drive up his trade value.

Maybe he plays, maybe he gets flipped for a few picks in '10, maybe he gets traded for a few vets.

This is why you draft the best, and act like you want him. Its better than passing and taking another college question mark.

YankeeFan89
06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I think NY, but I don't want him! I WANT FLYNN!

Skylander14
06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
TROMO9 is right this guy should be laughed at, I dont see how the Knicks or houston could get him I mean what trading chips do they have...Knicks-Lee and Robinson? definately not MN already has better players at those positions, Chandler and an unprotected pick that could get it done maybe Houston has aging players and role players and the solid players they have just wont get it done. I see either MN or a suprise maybe even Portland or Miami. Portland could offer Bantum or Outlaw or even Oden but I doubt they have given up on Oden yet. Maybe Miami could do something or even the Clips maybe Kaman or Thorton. I think those would be the best fits probably not gonna happen but I think Portland could and should make the move

AI4MVP
06-26-2009, 04:01 PM
real Madrid for 4 or 5 years.

Sadly

holy **** dude do u reallythink he would stay in europe for 4 OR 5 YEARS! he said hes really excited to play in the nba and said he MIGHT spend one year in europe..but not 4 or 5

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 04:12 PM
real is talking about paying his buyout an dricky does not dislike the idea, of course real is not going to pay 5 million uros to sign him for 1 or two years so if he stays that will be 4 or 5 years.

I hope knicks can get adeal done tough,.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I will refrain from bashing Rubio until I see the outcome. But playing in the NBA, the best league in the world, should be an honor. He will make enough in endorsements whether he lives in NY or fkin Wyoming, so his buyout bs is just that, bs.
But as of this moment, he belongs to the Wolves if he decides to play in the NBA. If he wants to play in the NBA, he has the chance. If he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, then stay in Europe until we find a team that will overvalue you and give us some pieces

k08E24MVP
06-26-2009, 07:52 PM
If he stays w/ the wolves, he'll be in europe next year
I think the only way he plays in the NBA next year is if he's w/ the knicks.
but that's just me, haha

cmellofan15
06-26-2009, 08:05 PM
it's sad that guy of his stature would try to be such a diva

superkegger
06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah, New York is sooooo much warmer than Minnesota. So much warmer it's not even comparable, at all. So that makes a ton of ****ing sense.

If Ricky didn't want to play for the likes of a memphis, minnesota, sacramento etc...then don't put your name in the ****ing draft. Everybody else has to go through the same damn process. You don't see Blake Griffin being pissed/being a whiny little **** that he has to go to quite possibly the worst franchise in the history of the NBA, where so many players careers have gone and died. With a terrible coach/gm, a terrible owner, and just a terrible situation. No, he said he doesn't care about the past and is going to do what he can to help them win.

I hope the Wolves don't trade his rights. And I hope David Kahn stays strong and doesn't cave to this little twit. I loved what he had to say, earlier today:

But I said this to the agent tonight: If any team in this league can afford to wait a year, dare I say two, it's us. Y'know? It's us."

Yahoo!Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ricky-Rubio-won-t-be-at-Wolves-press-conference;_ylt=AuBcMlT08Xvb8iLJae.U3rW8vLYF?urn=n ba,173113)

Right on David. Right on.

AI4MVP
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
i dont remember where i read it, but rubio said yesterday that the only thing he has concern over is playing time. he said if they give him playing time, then hell come this year. david kahn has said that rubio will be the starter immediately, so once kahn and rubio talk im sure alot of this will be resolved

Mendozer17
06-27-2009, 12:34 AM
This guy Ricky Rubio just seems like an ***. idk but when asked when asked what kind of player hed relate himself too he said simply that he is ricky rubio and thus he plays like ricky rubio....lol i honestly dont care if he plays in europe instead bc i believe brandon jennings was right when he said this guy was all hype.

dtmagnet
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
From the sounds of it, Europe. I don't think Minnesota is going to be pressured into making a bad deal.

NastyRud
06-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I'd say trade Rubio for Oden. Fair trade for both. Portland gets their PG and Minn gets C so Al cn play PF.

thesparky33
06-27-2009, 12:51 AM
People need to stop blasting Rubio.

He hasn't said one thing about not wanting to play in Minnesota.

Only concern about playing is that he doesnt have enough money for the buyout, so most likely, he'll play 1 or 2 years in Spain, and then come to the Wolves after that.

It's either gonna be in Europe or Minnesota next season, and I have no idea which one. I would probably guess Europe.

But all of the talk about Ricky being traded is coming from ESPN. David Kahn has said nothing but that we're keeping him, and for how much praise Kahn is giving the kid, I would be shocked if we traded him, unless someone blew us out of the water with a trade.

loufor2
06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Yo AI4mvp. You guaranteed me Holiday would be a lottery lock.. remember that?

Beno7500
06-27-2009, 02:21 AM
europe

JWO35
06-27-2009, 02:56 PM
He will go back overseas for about a year or two....

Agar81
06-27-2009, 03:12 PM
thesparky33 is right. All of you are idiots. You don't realise that none of that is true, and that the buyout is 7 mil (which he can't aford to pay) because he still has two years on his contract for Joventut Badalona. That is the only thing holding him back from joining the Wolves, so all of you shut up, you don't understand what the situation is at all.

azkarraga
06-27-2009, 03:30 PM
i think he's gonna play for the wolves. i think i voted NY, but ive rethought.

ragee
06-27-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope NY!

kidfury
06-27-2009, 03:47 PM
if he's refusing to play for Min just cuz he doesn't like that franchise then he's a asshat. It should be viewed as a priviledge to play in the NBA and earn a very very good living. I wish the NBA would make up a rule to severely punish any rookie who refuses to play for the team they are drafted by.

LaKeRsSuCk323
06-27-2009, 03:56 PM
i think the clips should try to move one of there bigs.

NYYCowboys
06-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't blame the guy he's gotta pay all this money to get out of his contract in Spain to play in Minnesota... The team doesn't even have a coach right now, plus it's freakin Minnesota. What people don't realize is this is someone's life can you imagine how much it would suck to go some place where you would feel uncomfortable living? If I were him I would want to play in a place with a high spanish population like New York too. Plus the D'Antoni has a lot of experience with european players and the european game so that's another plus for him.

dRa1niNg_ 3s
06-27-2009, 05:38 PM
For people that think Rubio will be a bust, i would second guess that assumption. Daryl Morey GM of the Rockets is by far the best GM in the league, he knows talent when he sees it. He woudnt trade a valuable piece like Battier unless he knew what he was receiving in return. This kid is going to be special, and i dont think hes holding out, its more of the buyout that seems to be the problem.

ko8e24
06-27-2009, 05:40 PM
hasn't proven crap, all hype to this point, just shame on players entering the nba draft nowadays. They hvent proven anything, zero, nada, zilch.

Sometimes, we spend the majority of our brain capacity on guys who haven't done anythng and we forget about the current players who've proven it time and time again.

ko8e24
06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
For people that think Rubio will be a bust, i would second guess that assumption. Daryl Morey GM of the Rockets is by far the best GM in the league, he knows talent when he sees it. He woudnt trade a valuable piece like Battier unless he knew what he was receiving in return. This kid is going to be special, and i dont think hes holding out, its more of the buyout that seems to be the problem.

:confused: really? what has he done? i don't even think he's one of the well-known gms that we hear about everyday. we always hear about kupchak, ainge, ferry, walsh, chris wallace (gasol trade lol), dunleavy (a joke), steve kerr (only the greatest), otis smith (magic), geoff petrie (sac-town), riles, etc.

but i've barely heard this guys name. Did he make a recent groundbreaking trade or big free agent signing? If they can get Amare, then maybe he'll get some notoriety, but for now, he isn't the best GM in the league, not even close.

Robbie7138
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
the spurs gm is the best=]

Crazy Crab
06-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't blame the guy he's gotta pay all this money to get out of his contract in Spain to play in Minnesota... The team doesn't even have a coach right now, plus it's freakin Minnesota. What people don't realize is this is someone's life can you imagine how much it would suck to go some place where you would feel uncomfortable living? If I were him I would want to play in a place with a high spanish population like New York too. Plus the D'Antoni has a lot of experience with european players and the european game so that's another plus for him.

A lot of people from Spain live in NYC? Knicks have no decent players to trade. Despite what he wants and what Knicks fans want they have nobody of value to trade. I think that is genius on the part of the T'wolves-- hang onto Rubio's rights and trade for top pick in next year's draft.

Phat Pat 94
06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Awesome, thank god we finally have a rubio thread so we can discuss him and his role in the upcoming season.

cegielskijastro
06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
:confused: really? what has he done? i don't even think he's one of the well-known gms that we hear about everyday. we always hear about kupchak, ainge, ferry, walsh, chris wallace (gasol trade lol), dunleavy (a joke), steve kerr (only the greatest), otis smith (magic), geoff petrie (sac-town), riles, etc.

but i've barely heard this guys name. Did he make a recent groundbreaking trade or big free agent signing? If they can get Amare, then maybe he'll get some notoriety, but for now, he isn't the best GM in the league, not even close.

Ever heard of Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, found Von Wafer( a Nobody) and he became pretty good, Luis Scola? got him for a guy who went back to Greece, Got Artest for about nothing... traded for lowry and that turned out pretty good... we got three picks in a draft in which we had none... oh yeah we took the lakers to 7 games something no one else did and we did it without our best player..... and he'll find a way to get Rubio..... dont know how but in Morey i trust....

Phat Pat 94
06-27-2009, 07:12 PM
^good luck with that, Rubio isnt gonna get traded.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Ask his mom. She wants it to be somewhere warm.

dRa1niNg_ 3s
06-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Umm where have you been, they had an article in the New York times on him. Tell me this what GM can make the necessary moves to win 50+ games and get into the playoffs each year with 40% of his team's cap out indefinately. He by far beats those other GMs you named. The only ones i truly think he is on par with is Denver's, Portland's, and San Antonio's.

dRa1niNg_ 3s
06-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Also watch out for James White and Joey Dorsey to emerge as other Gems, Morey has discovered.

But back on topic Rubio is the real deal, and i for one would trade anybody on the Rockets other than Yao and Scola to get him.

27atwater
06-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I think it's New York. Minnesota was fiortunate enough to draft additional PGs, so they may end up okay after all. They deal him to NY and may get depth inside they could use.

cle12152433
06-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I'd say trade Rubio for Oden. Fair trade for both. Portland gets their PG and Minn gets C so Al cn play PF.

Minny wants to start Kevin Love, so they dont need another big man.....

cle12152433
06-27-2009, 08:29 PM
This is like that crap Yi Jianlian pulled a few years ago. Saying he didnt want to play in Milwaukee because he was worried he wouldnt find Chinese snatch.:moon::pity:

cwilson21
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
^^^Haha awesome.

blah-blah
06-27-2009, 08:49 PM
this guy is completly overhyped and is to picky they should just send him back to europe.. these europeans pissing me off now a days

D-Amazins
06-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Ummmm hello, no NBA player gets to choose where he goes, why should he? Please if your making the jump to the NBA you dont get to just choose what team your going to play for. He hasn't proved anything, how about he shuts up and plays and then when he has proved himself and is a FA then he can go wherever he chooses

MattyG
06-27-2009, 10:42 PM
-