PDA

View Full Version : Predict Next Season's Lineup

Juju
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Offseason boredom time! Anyway can anyone imagine next season's lineup? I see it as...

1st Unit
PG: Chris Paul - Of course
SG: Rasual Butler - After they way he played last season he deserves it. Thornton could try and push for minutes here.
SF: Peja/Wright - I can see Peja opening the season as the starter but he would probably get injured again thus handing the mantle to Wright. Posey can possible start here but Scott wants him on the bench as we saw last year.
PF: David West - No brainer. He has zero competition.
C: Tyson Chandler/FA/Trade - Tyson could start here if he doesn't get traded or doesn't heal his ankle properly. I can see a Free Agent or a traded player starting here.

2nd Unit
PG: Darren Collison - He was drafted to be Chris Paul's backup. Daniels can see very small playing time here but by the way he played last season... I doubt it.
SG: Marcus Thornton - You don't trade multiple future picks for a guy you plan to bury on the bench. He will probably fight Devin Brown for mintues but... :rolleyes: Thornton would probably get more minutes late in the season as he matures and his game transfer into the NBA.
SF: Julian Wright/James Posey - Posey and Wright would be fighting for mintues here but I wouldn't see that as a problem. One of these guys could start if Peja can't.
PF: I honestly have no clue here... Mostly last season, David West stayed with the 2nd unit which forced him to play monster minutes. Maybe a free agent or a trade can fill this slot.
C: Hilton Armstrong/Free Agent/Trade - Hilton has ton of post skills but tend to get lazy. A fire needs to be lit under his lazy bum and he might become a good player. And that is being incredibly optimistic...

What do you guys think?

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I have a thread that I made a few weeks back about he Hornets mock offseason. You can find my line up there. I need to update it since the draft is over.

Vinny642
06-26-2009, 04:50 PM
PG_ CP
SG_ Butler
SF- Peja
PF- West
C- Chandler

but rly i dont yet, these trade rumors are killing me

tland22
06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
JUJU you hit it right on....i like what u said again man. Posey, Peja, and Juju is a solid group who could do some damage if they stay healthy. And who knows, maybe Butler will just keep getting better and turn out to be a full on legit starter. And if he doesnt..Marcus will be up his ***, playing just as good if not better as a scoring option.

Im optimistic about this season so far. Im looking foreward to it. When Peja is healthy, i will go out on a limb and say that he is a BEAST. Im banking on him being healthy, because when he is on...even last year the few times he shot really well, then we canNOT be beaten.

Juju
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I have a thread that I made a few weeks back about he Hornets mock offseason. You can find my line up there. I need to update it since the draft is over.

My bad! I didn't see it! Sorry!!

PG_ CP
SG_ Butler
SF- Peja
PF- West
C- Chandler

but rly i dont yet, these trade rumors are killing me

Yeah your right. With the rumors of Tyson being shipped away for Ben Wallace or whomever is killing me. I just hope we can get some future draft picks and a decent Power Forward.

JUJU you hit it right on....i like what u said again man. Posey, Peja, and Juju is a solid group who could do some damage if they stay healthy. And who knows, maybe Butler will just keep getting better and turn out to be a full on legit starter. And if he doesnt..Marcus will be up his ***, playing just as good if not better as a scoring option.

Im optimistic about this season so far. Im looking foreward to it. When Peja is healthy, i will go out on a limb and say that he is a BEAST. Im banking on him being healthy, because when he is on...even last year the few times he shot really well, then we canNOT be beaten.

Thanks! Your right! When Peja is healthy, he is a 3 point machine! Anyone remembers the Toronto away game where Peja was jacking up threes like cutting butter with a knife? Bad simile! I also remember some statistic saying if Peja scored at least 15 points or something we had a high winning percentage; or something of those lines~

spacemandave
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
that was one game w peja. hes not a player anymore, hes a shooter...who cant shoot. cant defend.

pg - cp3(have a better back up so youre not so tired from carrying the team every game
sg - juju(better off playing w cp3 and if he dont get playin time next year then...idunno lol)
sf - posey(is he on cruise control for the rest of his career or can he get dirty again.)
pf - dwest(be healthier)
c - a fat head cut out of ben wallace in his prime(or a healthy chandler but hes prob gone...dont believe management)

back ups
pg - collison(i dont know much college but he was like the 8th pg taken in a weak draft, come on how good can he be)(P.S. - Janneroooooo)
sg - butler(was good enough last year to be a good bench player instead of subpar starter)
sf - uch peja stoy-aka-swish(play better son)
pf/c - armstrong and marks? posey at pf?
dont know thronton but hope he contributes somewhere.

head coach - spacemandave

spacemandave
06-27-2009, 01:35 PM
devin brown can play very little, antonio daniels is not allowed on my court.

BIGBREED
06-27-2009, 03:54 PM
pg - collison(i dont know much college but he was like the 8th pg taken in a weak draft, come on how good can he be)(P.S. - Janneroooooo)

dont know thronton but hope he contributes somewhere.

head coach - spacemandave

Don't mean to be rude, but if you don't know to much about college basketball, you shouldn't speak on these players bcuz you are wrong! I know you have your own opinion but you could've look at these guys play on youtube or something before you passed judgement! PLEASE go look at their video clips on youtube and if you still feel the same way, then we have no other choice but to respect your decision.
And for the record, SF- Julien Wright(JuJu) has only played the Small Forward/ Power Forward positions with the Hornets! He's not that good of a shooter to play the SG position; defensively I think that he can lock down the opposing team SG, but he would really have to work on his offensive game to play that SG position! He's a Great Athlete!!!

*** GO CHECK OUT THOSE VIDEO CLIPS ON Collison & Thornton ***

Juju
06-27-2009, 10:03 PM
You're right! Collison and Thornton were both effected for their respective team and they should be able contribute.

Also I agree with BIGBREED. Juju can't play the SG position. His shooting skills are sub-par which is vital for the SG position.

And Devin Brown should not be allowed on the court at all period.

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 12:47 AM
does you tube have all the games theyve played? ive seen their highlight reels. i read the "experts" opinions. be real, you think collison was a good pick? a lot of guys who played power forward in college cant play it in nba, juju is one of them, he is more sg than pf(and i would say that juju hasnt had much of a chance to play anything for the hornets. im trying to find him some court time. uch hornets stink.

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 12:36 PM
does you tube have all the games theyve played? ive seen their highlight reels. i read the "experts" opinions. be real, you think collison was a good pick? a lot of guys who played power forward in college cant play it in nba, juju is one of them, he is more sg than pf(and i would say that juju hasnt had much of a chance to play anything for the hornets. im trying to find him some court time. uch hornets stink.

Unlike yourself, I watch College Basketball, so I know a little more info about these players!

DUTIES OF A POINTGUARD:
-Often acts like the quarterback of the team, calling plays and directing the offense
-Being the best ball handler and passer on the floor, he normally brings the ball up the floor and sets up the offense
-Plays mistake-free ball being the leader
-As a LEADER, puts teammates first in the offense and looks for his shoot last(unlike Pargo)

Its not that I think, but I "KNOW" the Collison pick was a great pick! Unlike Jannero Pargo, he's a really good PG.
FIRST - He's great defensively; look for high numbers of steals(CP3 clone on defense; quick & aggressive)
SECONDLY - He knows how to run an offense bcuz he's a true PG(doesn't look to shoot, he sets his teammates up to shoot; a CP3 clone)
THIRD - can create his on shoot by taking his man off the dribble and driving to the lane, just like CP3
FOURTH - Has played 4 years of college ball, unlike some foreign players and a kid who left college early
FIFTH - He's a competitor!

**HE'S BETTER THAN JANNERO PARGO IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT WITH HIS JUMP SHOT**

JULIAN WRIGHT
(I can see that you really don't know to much but I'll try and help you as much as I can.)

SHOOTING GUARD:
normally has similar duties of the PG but doesn't usually bring the ball up the court. Can play both the PG and SG positions if needed but the big difference between the two is that the SG is the best shooter on the Team. They're counted on to hit most shoots from the outside and usually take more shoots than the PG.

***ATTENTION: "JuJu can't shoot"

- I never said that JuJu only played PF in college
- He's a SF who can play PF bcuz of his leaping abilities. He's not a PF
- He's a slasher
- He can't shoot, so he can't play the SG position on offense; remember the position is called "SHOOTING GUARD"
- JuJu is so athletic and hype, I think that he really can be a "DENNIS RODMAN" type player on defense and in the fastbreak transition. He's a energy guy and if he gets comfortable with his game, he would change our team, future Sixthman Award winner but I hope he can start!

Honestly, The Hornets have so many holes on the team, no matter what position they would've drafted at 21, it would've been a great pick! We don't have a bench and our needs were PG, SG, SF, PF, and C!

YOU CAN'T QUESTION A TEAMS DRAFT PICK WHEN ITS A NEED!

[C'MON spacemandave, COME BACK TO EARTH]

Vinny642
06-28-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL dam gave a big explanation, well free agency starts wednesday its gonna be crazy

BIGBREED
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
LOL dam gave a big explanation, well free agency starts wednesday its gonna be crazy

LOL...
I had to break it down for the brutha!

Freeagency will be krazy!

spacemandave
06-28-2009, 10:01 PM
lol, okok, now i break it down for you bc you obv dont watch the nba(jk, just fun debate)

the only thing on that first list that has unlike jannero is the last one and i understand a pg is supposed to set up his teammates but sometimes it requires a scorer, maybe sometimes when theres noone else on the floor that can score.(jannero can also play the 2 alongside chris paul because of his slashing and scoring abilities and is also a little bigger than collison)

-dont confuse pass first with cant score
-and just getting steals doesnt make you a good defender
-and he didnt play 4 years of college because he liked playing for free, kept needing to prove himself that he can play in the nba.

Julian Wright
(was gonna insult your arrogance here but i will pass...almost)

if the pg is double teamed in the back court(like cp3 was in playoffs) who brings the ball up? wasnt anyone on the team last year that could.

positions on a court dont mean anything, you can call them anything but strategies are derived to use the players you have most effectively. so if you have juju and posey on the floor as the 2 and 3, you would understand that juju is a better slasher and posey the better shooter and use them accordingly.

in college he was a sf who can play pf because of his leaping abilities, in the nba hes a sf who can play sg because hes too small(lbs) to play pf. if it helps we can call "shooting guard" the 2 guard or the off guard or anything else, it was called shooting guard 50 years ago, the games changed.

and i question the pick even though its a need(wouldnt be a need if they sign pargo) because dejuan blair was available and he also fills a need.

think we both have valid arguments, here on earth.

BIGBREED
06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
-DeJuan Blair has bad knee's
-shooting guard, off guard, 2 guard, its all the same thing; we all still type in SG-SHOOTING GUARD for that position
-the game hasn't changed, just the style of play
-on Pargo....I'm not wasting my time on someone thats not in the league
-for the other stuff, I didn't understand

>>>Lets agree to disagree

spacemandave
06-29-2009, 01:02 AM
-so what is blair only gonna play 5 years with his bad knees? more time than most players stay w a team.
-i dont care what the name is there are plenty of shooting guards who are better slashers than shooters(ill leave you to look up the names)

**/-\=bUt oK aGREe to DiSAgrEe**

BIGBREED
06-29-2009, 01:40 AM
-so what is blair only gonna play 5 years with his bad knees? more time than most players stay w a team.
-i dont care what the name is there are plenty of shooting guards who are better slashers than shooters(ill leave you to look up the names)

**/-\=bUt oK aGREe to DiSAgrEe**

Go fantasize over Joakim Noah and Marc Gasol bcuz I'm thru. I have a hard time understanding what you're trying to say!

ballpd05
06-29-2009, 10:31 PM
I think it will be the same with the exceptions of Thornton and Collison in the second team ahead of Peterson and Daniels. I think collison will help the second team with a little spark, but they need a little more than him. Thornton if he can score will help the Hornets alot cuz they need another scorer desperately. I think Posey has come in and stolen a number of minutes from JuJu. So from a development of the team I think that Posey was a bad and overpaid acquisition, and Scott hasn't been to great at developing athletes into players (Bass, Andersen, J.R., and now Julian and Hilton).

In my opinion they should have drafted Sam Young because they need to get more athletic on the wings to 1. help the defense and 2. help the open court game. Chris Paul with athletes who run the court and can finish strong at the rim would make the Hornets scary in the fastbreak game. Right now Juju and a healthy Tyson are the only ones who run with CP3. As bad as Antonio Daniels is I don't think he was bad enough to waste a 1st round draft pick on. Daniels has been solid throughout his career and was roody poo last year so if I was the gm/coach I would have hoped to just keep him to be like jacque vaughn in SA or anthony carter in Denver. I don't think the big man would do anything to help, I see them all as another Cedric Simmons.

With that the Hornets need to hit free agents and try to find an athletic wing who can finish strong at the rim along with an active big man who's active and at leasts rebounds and defends the rim and dunk or hit an open jumper (either/or or both). I personally like Chris Wilcox for that position.

BIGBREED
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
With that the Hornets need to hit free agents and try to find an athletic wing who can finish strong at the rim along with an active big man who's active and at leasts rebounds and defends the rim and dunk or hit an open jumper (either/or or both). I personally like Chris Wilcox for that position.

I agree on Chris Wilcox! I really think that they're going after him because the Hornets are still shopping Tyson Chandler.

Patrick Swayze
06-30-2009, 12:17 PM
I think it will be the same with the exceptions of Thornton and Collison in the second team ahead of Peterson and Daniels. I think collison will help the second team with a little spark, but they need a little more than him. Thornton if he can score will help the Hornets alot cuz they need another scorer desperately. I think Posey has come in and stolen a number of minutes from JuJu. So from a development of the team I think that Posey was a bad and overpaid acquisition, and Scott hasn't been to great at developing athletes into players (Bass, Andersen, J.R., and now Julian and Hilton).

In my opinion they should have drafted Sam Young because they need to get more athletic on the wings to 1. help the defense and 2. help the open court game. Chris Paul with athletes who run the court and can finish strong at the rim would make the Hornets scary in the fastbreak game. Right now Juju and a healthy Tyson are the only ones who run with CP3. As bad as Antonio Daniels is I don't think he was bad enough to waste a 1st round draft pick on. Daniels has been solid throughout his career and was roody poo last year so if I was the gm/coach I would have hoped to just keep him to be like jacque vaughn in SA or anthony carter in Denver. I don't think the big man would do anything to help, I see them all as another Cedric Simmons.

That's why I don't like the pick of Collison. Especially when it sounds like we are planning on bringing back.

I agree on Chris Wilcox! I really think that they're going after him because the Hornets are still shopping Tyson Chandler.

Is Wilcox a free agent? I could look it up, but I just don't feel like it. If they trade Tyson for Chris, I hope we still can manage more for Tyson.

tland22
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
YES, Wilcox is an unrestricted free agent. We should keep TYSON and just sign Wilcox and then find a way to get Shawn Marion on our team. He should be a priority for us, along with wilcox who could play backup Center or PF.

tland22
06-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey spacemandave...i have been wondering, are you a DMB fan? I got is new CD the day it cameout and I saw your name and I immediately thought of the song SPACEMAN on his new CD...then is saw the name Dave after it and figured....his name probly isnt Dave,....so Dave represents Dave Matthews right?

I hope this isnt random and sounding crazy, I am just an OBSESSED DMB fan.... I saw him at jazz fest in New orleans this Spring...

If all this means nothing to you, then just ignore it haha