PDA

View Full Version : Steals and Sleepers of The Draft



dre1990
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Who do you think the Steals and Sleapers of The Draft are. IMO the biggest steal was Chase Budinger, IMO he couyldve been picked in the mid first round, and he fell to 44, It kinda reminds me of CDR last year. theres also Dejuan Blair. A major sleeper is Taj Gibson, the bulls did a great job picking this guy up, watch out for him in a couple years.

J-Relo
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
STEALS:

Patrick Mills
Dejuan Blair (Spurs, you did it again!)

theuuord
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Steal: DeJuan Blair, and it isn't close.

Joe Montegna
06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Steals & Sleepers:

DeMarre Carroll to the Grizz
DeJuan Blair to the Spurs
Ricky Rubio to the Wolves

Busts:

Hasheem Thabeet to the Grizz
James Harden to the Thunder
Jrue Holliday to the Sixers

DerekRE_3
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I think Blair could be a steal if his knees hold up. Derrick Brown could be the sleeper of the draft. He's almost 6'9, has a 7'2 wingspan, and is a pretty good leaper. He has a lot of potential defensively.

Joe Montegna
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I think Blair could be a steal if his knees hold up. Derrick Brown could be the sleeper of the draft. He's almost 6'9, has a 7'2 wingspan, and is a pretty good leaper. He has a lot of potential defensively.

Blair's coach said that he never missed a practice or a game despite his knee situation. We'll see how he holds up playing 82 games a season though.

Durant is hype
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Sam young and Blair.

ggb108
06-26-2009, 02:21 PM
toney douglas...acc defensive player of the year...taken 29th overall

toovey107
06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Steals & Sleepers:

DeMarre Carroll to the Grizz
DeJuan Blair to the Spurs
Ricky Rubio to the Wolves

Busts:

Hasheem Thabeet to the Grizz
James Harden to the Thunder
Jrue Holliday to the Sixers
james harden is probably the safest pick in this draft

thabeet too , bc you know he will play solid defense

op12
06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
blair of course. i think toney douglas may be but im curious to see if he can run the pg position effectively and not be a straight up scorer. i know it may be a homer pick but i really think danny green can be a solid player in the league. not a superstar but a good role player and potential starter. great potential for where he fell too. him and blair both.

J_M_B
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Dejuan Blair by far

Willy T Justice
06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Steal: DeJuan Blair, and it isn't close.

Your right the Spurs got one over on the other teams and GM's. How could everyone let him slip through the cracks. sarcasm

theuuord
06-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Your right the Spurs got one over on the other teams and GM's. How could everyone let him slip through the cracks. sarcasm

you were doing so well until the "sarcasm" part.
sad.

BUCSFORLIFE123
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM
dejuan blair - spurs
jack mcclinton - spurs
how can u let mcclinton slip all the way to 51? he was rumored to be drafted by the knicks at 29 . one of the best shooters coming out of college hes gunna be ggreat

i literally yelled dejuan blair for 5 min when the spurs drafted him

Chronz
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I dont know how I feel about budinger, the stats say he will be a bust, but Morey is a stats guy so maybe his models are alittle more advanced. Odd..... Ill trust in Morey though, I felt the same way about Brooks but he turned out to be a decent pick.

Its funny Landry has been the far better player but the 1st rounder went to Brooks.

lakersrock
06-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Chase Budinger could end up being a steal for falling that far.

Hellcrooner
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Steal, Bundinger, Hansbrough, Sergio Llul and patrick Mills.


reach, Derozan, Jennings .


Suns.....wonder if they woudl trade for Marc gasol since they have a knack to get the wrong brohter.....Lopez, Griffin.....

PhillyBoomerang
06-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Blair, Budinger, and Holiday (he dropped all the way to 17!) as a potential steal (also possible bust since he is POTENTIAL!
for steals

Bust
Rubio-Fran Vazquez/Yaroslav Korolev he may not come back depending (sending him overseas is also a toss up and for 5th pick its a little risky)
Thabeet- he may be mutumbo, however he may not have the offense to stay on the court, plus Memphis is a horrible place for him IMO
James Harden- Good not great, not a top 3 pick with other top players still on the board

Wake's Fastball
06-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Piss and moan about me being a Celtics fan if you'd like, but Lester Hudson was right in the lottery-mid-first round mix last year and we got him at #58, which is great value. Derrick Brown at 40 was terrific, Mills, Budinger and Blair as well who have already been mentioned, and DaJuan Summers has a chance to be special.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-26-2009, 04:41 PM
jody meeks.

mark1125
06-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I am curious to see how DuJuan Summers pans out. If he gets the PT, he may be a keeper.

thedfactor
06-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Nick Calathes to Dallas at 45 when he becomes eligible from Greece he'll only have gotten more experienced and ready for the NBA. He's got skills at point for a 6'5" or 6'6" player.

Giantwarrior
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
you really cant say, who was a steal or bust until midway into the season. the NBA level is a completely different animal. espn draft grades are bogus and dont really mean anything.

Beno7500
06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
omri casspi

EastCoastBaller
06-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Danny Green with the Cavs.

mavwar53
06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Patty Mills (next gilbert Arenas?)

JaZzyJaTT
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Sam Young! I couldnt believe he fell so far and into the second round!

ggb108
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
ellington too, think he'll be good

Beno7500
06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
ya mills was a steal

tland22
06-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Sam Young and SEC PLAYER OF THE YEAR Marcus Thornton... the kid is a beast...picked 43rd or something by MIAMI then traded to NO

Bucks24226
06-26-2009, 06:46 PM
jody meeks.
Thank you
Steals- Brandon Jennings (would have been top 5 if he was in USA), DeJuan Blair
Sleepers- Jody Meeks, Jerel McNeal (not drafted)

BowDown
06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Steals - Blair and Budinger
Sleepers - Teague and Clark
Busts - DeRozan and Rubio

tland22
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Marcus Thornton is better than Meeks...he proved it on the court and with his stats. Go look att detailed stats and thornton kills him in EVERYTHING literally....except points per game, which gets compensated by the amount of shot Meeks shot more than Thornton.

so if u think Meeks is a "sleeper" then take a look at what Thornton has done....and BELIEVE IT

NYYankeesWin#27
06-26-2009, 07:14 PM
dejuan blair - spurs
jack mcclinton - spurs
how can u let mcclinton slip all the way to 51? he was rumored to be drafted by the knicks at 29 . one of the best shooters coming out of college hes gunna be ggreat

i literally yelled dejuan blair for 5 min when the spurs drafted him

the reason he fell past us, is becuz toney douglas was there. we didnt expect him to be there so tht is y we were rumored to be interested.


toney douglas is goin to be a stud!!

zambo4president
06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Sleepers: Jack McClinton,Derrick Brown,Taj Gibson, Dante Cunningham, Toney Douglas
Steals: Steph Curry, McClinton, Patty Mills, Budinger, Ellington

IversonIsKrazy
06-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Rubio #5 was a steal. Budinger 44th was a steal. McClinton (3-point champ) was a steal at 51. And Blair was a huge steal as well.

Poo-Diddy
06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Does everybody realize this was one of the weakest drafts ever. And out of most drafts how many players actually pan out, let alone a guy 2/3 or the NBA took a pass on.

Yes the Spurs got excactly what a 2nd round pick should be, a guy with a slim chance of hanging around the N.B.A. as a journeyman like about 85% of this draft class. I'd say Blair has a 20% chance of having a career in the N.B.A. like Popeye Jones (11 seasons 7 points and 7.4 rebounds per game) and an 80% he'll be more of a Michael Ruffin (9 seasons 1.7 points and 3.9 rebounds per game) yep a real sleeper.